NATION

PASSWORD

US Gen. Election Thread FINALE - Votegeddon

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:NOT MY FUCKING PRESIDENT

Not mine, either.

Not mine.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:NOT MY FUCKING PRESIDENT

Yeah, pfft, who needs democracy right? We should just let you decide everything.

Democracy's only worthwhile if your side wins, man.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

United Empire of Humanity
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

Timmy City wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:It'll be the Chinese, most likely. Hope I don't live long enough to witness the final death of liberal democracy and rise of global state capitalism.

Trump wanted a free trade agreement with them.

We trade for free with them of course, taking American jobs back from China once and for all!
Jerzylvania wrote:Clinton has conceded in a phone call to Donald Trump ~ from NBC News

Well, the pain begins for me and for us all.
SAS is like 1/3 self hating Americans self flagellating for attention from le enlightened Europeans, 1/3 people who just like to make fun of the ridiculous shit some Americans say, while the other 1/3 are /r/latestagecapitalism tier hatred of the US. You can't even praise America for defeating imperial Japan without someone crying about muh nukes.

Bullshit

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

Galloism wrote:Well, I'm watching the event for Trump's victory speech.

Hopefully I don't throw up.

I'm cancelling my cable TV. Fucking worthless TV news networks. WHEN A PIECE OF SHIT CANDIDATE WON'T TALK ABOUT POLICY, YOU NEED TO ASK HIM ABOUT POLICY.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

Grand Britannia wrote:This day is an early Christmas gift.

Coal for your stocking.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

United Empire of Humanity wrote:Hopefully.
I know the British would love to take over the role of global hegemon. Might give Theresa May her opportunity to really make something good out of Brexiting.

The British Empire will rise again.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

The Gipper
Envoy

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Gipper » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

Congratulations to my new President, Donald Trump! I did not vote for you President Trump, and I have a few concerns still, but you are my President and I can respect that you ran harder and smarter than the opponents. Good luck, and you have my support.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 am

Gauthier wrote:I'm sure Mexicans, Muslims and LGBTs will appreciate the next 4 years.

None of them are likely to still be around in four years. Honestly, does anyone exoect his victory speech to be anything other than a combination of gloating and rattling off a list of the people on whom he plans to take revenge?
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 am

Timmy City wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:It'll be the Chinese, most likely. Hope I don't live long enough to witness the final death of liberal democracy and rise of global state capitalism.

Trump wanted a free trade agreement with them.

And I bet his cult of personality in Wisconsin and Michigan will wonder where their jobs went after he passes it.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 am

THE SPEECH IS BEGINNING!
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 am

T R i U M P h !

I'm absolutely ecstatic. This is unprecedented in history - for the people to overcome Wall Street, the media, Hollywood, fearmongering and lies in this way is something very special.

No, Donald Trump isn't a perfect candidate - but he's a symbol, and he's a symbol of the people over the establishment.
Last edited by Radiatia on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 am

The Gipper wrote:Congratulations to my new President, Donald Trump! I did not vote for you President Trump, and I have a few concerns still, but you are my President and I can respect that you ran harder and smarter than the opponents. Good luck, and you have my support.

He gets nothing from me. Good day sir.

Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 am

Gauthier wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
Not mine, either.

Not mine.

Not mine either.
Ganos Lao wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:
Yeah, pfft, who needs democracy right? We should just let you decide everything.

Chestaan wrote:
Oh yeah, of course. It's the people's fault for not liking a horrible candidate.

Democracy is only ever fun when your side wins. Otherwise, it's a great big morass of existential angst.

The driving force behind
1. "the elections are illegitimate"
2. "we must secure the seat of government from the corrupt vote-riggers"
3. CIVIL WAR
in a 3rd world country anyway.
But yeah, it's hard to accept that.
SAS is like 1/3 self hating Americans self flagellating for attention from le enlightened Europeans, 1/3 people who just like to make fun of the ridiculous shit some Americans say, while the other 1/3 are /r/latestagecapitalism tier hatred of the US. You can't even praise America for defeating imperial Japan without someone crying about muh nukes.

Bullshit

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:49 am

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
Not mine, either.

He soon going to be.

Ill never respect him for it. As far as Im concerned, this country is dead. Ill never stand for another anthem, pledge, nothing. Every sacrifice made for this country was in vain.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:49 am

Hittanryan wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
It's almost like there are different viewpoints on ways the country should go. But that can't be right... my liberal hivemind implant isn't twinging.

There is a wrong path. It's the same shit the Republicans have peddled for 40 years, and will now be amplified by Trump with the aid of a Republican Congress and Supreme Court.

It doesn't work, it has never worked, and it will never work.

Ah, I'm glad the inability of the blinkered to inspect different viewpoints remains intact. And people call the conservatives unempathetic.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:49 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Gauthier wrote:I'm sure Mexicans, Muslims and LGBTs will appreciate the next 4 years.

None of them are likely to still be around in four years. Honestly, does anyone exoect his victory speech to be anything other than a combination of gloating and rattling off a list of the people on whom he plans to take revenge?

So he is going to get away with purging all three of those groups? Really now?

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:49 am

Sack Jackpot Winners wrote:Trump is winning the popular vote by two million. This isn't going to be like 2000.

It's only 1 million, and California has a lot yet to count.

42% reported in California and Clinton has 1.3 million more votes there already.

If the 42% corresponds to 42% of all the votes that will be counted, she would go ahead by another 1.7 million in CA and that's Trump's popular vote lead gone and then some.

Well, the percentage of locations reporting is not the percentage of votes already counted. The number of votes still to count is something we don't know, until they are actually counted. But one way of estimating is to compare with 2012 election figures.

In 2012 13.2 million votes were cast for President in California. The current count of 5.6 million is less than half that, so even assuming that the total CA vote this year is no bigger than it was in 2012 ...

Hillary Clinton very likely WILL win the national popular vote!
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:49 am

Gurori wrote:THE SPEECH IS BEGINNING!

Here's a link to a livestream of it.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 am

Maineiacs wrote:

Oh right, all those women accusing him of sexually assaulting them. Hillary Clinton. All going to be put on public show trial.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Penguin Union Nation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Penguin Union Nation » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 am

If I were a Democrat (I still am technically, as I registered as one to vote for Sanders in the primary), I'd keep an eye out for Tulsi Gabbard, from Hawaii. She may be the future of the party.

Timmy City
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Timmy City » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 am

deleted
Last edited by Timmy City on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane Matthew 2016!

Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 am

Maineiacs wrote:

:rofl:
wait a minute
;-;
It would be interesting to see if I cared enough to view it.

Bullshit

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:There is a wrong path. It's the same shit the Republicans have peddled for 40 years, and will now be amplified by Trump with the aid of a Republican Congress and Supreme Court.

It doesn't work, it has never worked, and it will never work.

Ah, I'm glad the inability of the blinkered to inspect different viewpoints remains intact. And people call the conservatives unempathetic.

Prove that supply-side economics have benefited the country, with sources.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 am

United Empire of Humanity wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

:rofl:
wait a minute
;-;
It would be interesting to see if I cared enough to view it.

Well I'm going to watch this. This shit is important, even if distathelfful.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 am

Hittanryan wrote:
Galloism wrote:Well, I'm watching the event for Trump's victory speech.

Hopefully I don't throw up.

I'm cancelling my cable TV. Fucking worthless TV news networks. WHEN A PIECE OF SHIT CANDIDATE WON'T TALK ABOUT POLICY, YOU NEED TO ASK HIM ABOUT POLICY.

No TV, no democracy? You should try moving to the Caliphate. I hear it has neither of those things.
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General