NATION

PASSWORD

US Gen. Election Thread FINALE - Votegeddon

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:
None of them are likely to still be around in four years. Honestly, does anyone exoect his victory speech to be anything other than a combination of gloating and rattling off a list of the people on whom he plans to take revenge?

So he is going to get away with purging all three of those groups? Really now?

With a spineless Republican Congress to yes men his biddings? Fairly likely.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Ebliania
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebliania » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Penguin Union Nation wrote:If I were a Democrat (I still am technically, as I registered as one to vote for Sanders in the primary), I'd keep an eye out for Tulsi Gabbard, from Hawaii. She may be the future of the party.

Also appeal to the Rust Belt.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Timmy City wrote:Putin is wetting his pants currently.

You kidding? There's a Lonely Island song which describes something else happening in Putin's pants right now.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
He soon going to be.

Ill never respect him for it. As far as Im concerned, this country is dead. Ill never stand for another anthem, pledge, nothing. Every sacrifice made for this country was in vain.

Because America wasn't dead when it was founded by slaveowners or when it made a cult of personality around a guy who only reluctantly emancipated African Americans because he couldn't just ship them all out to benefit "free white laborers"?

If you're going to play that card, just be honest: America as you envisioned it once being never existed to begin with.

Gauthier wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

None of them are likely to still be around in four years. Honestly, does anyone exoect his victory speech to be anything other than a combination of gloating and rattling off a list of the people on whom he plans to take revenge?

Oh right, all those women accusing him of sexually assaulting them. Hillary Clinton. All going to be put on public show trial.

Give it up already.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

United Empire of Humanity
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Radiatia wrote:
T R i U M P h !

I'm absolutely ecstatic. This is unprecedented in history - for the people to overcome Wall Street, the media, Hollywood, fearmongering and lies in this way is something very special.

No, Donald Trump isn't a perfect candidate - but he's a symbol, and he's a symbol of the people over the establishment.

Time for fearmongers, liars, Wall Street, the media, and Hollywood to take revenge, then.
SAS is like 1/3 self hating Americans self flagellating for attention from le enlightened Europeans, 1/3 people who just like to make fun of the ridiculous shit some Americans say, while the other 1/3 are /r/latestagecapitalism tier hatred of the US. You can't even praise America for defeating imperial Japan without someone crying about muh nukes.

Bullshit

Hesse Darmstadt
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Darmstadt » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
He soon going to be.

Ill never respect him for it. As far as Im concerned, this country is dead. Ill never stand for another anthem, pledge, nothing. Every sacrifice made for this country was in vain.

So when your candidate doesn't win you cannot accept it?
Clerical Fascist

The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

bunch of sore losers complaining when the system they follow doesn't work their way, what a bunch of idiots. Anyways congrats to Gary for making 3%, proud of you buddy, and for the God King Trump for winning and for Hillary not having a stroke.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:I'm cancelling my cable TV. Fucking worthless TV news networks. WHEN A PIECE OF SHIT CANDIDATE WON'T TALK ABOUT POLICY, YOU NEED TO ASK HIM ABOUT POLICY.

No TV, no democracy? You should try moving to the Caliphate. I hear it has neither of those things.

I'll have an Internet connection, and I'm going to vote in two years.

Ebliania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ebliania » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

United Empire of Humanity wrote:
Radiatia wrote:
T R i U M P h !

I'm absolutely ecstatic. This is unprecedented in history - for the people to overcome Wall Street, the media, Hollywood, fearmongering and lies in this way is something very special.

No, Donald Trump isn't a perfect candidate - but he's a symbol, and he's a symbol of the people over the establishment.

Time for fearmongers, liars, Wall Street, the media, and Hollywood to take revenge, then.

In maybe two years?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 am

Hittanryan wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ah, I'm glad the inability of the blinkered to inspect different viewpoints remains intact. And people call the conservatives unempathetic.

Prove that supply-side economics have benefited the country, with sources.

Prove that forty years of "Republican-peddled shit" is the "wrong path" with sources. I'll wait.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 am

Gauthier wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:
So he is going to get away with purging all three of those groups? Really now?

With a spineless Republican Congress to yes men his biddings? Fairly likely.

Seems as likely to happen as the events in The Turner Diaries.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 am

Ebliania wrote:
Penguin Union Nation wrote:If I were a Democrat (I still am technically, as I registered as one to vote for Sanders in the primary), I'd keep an eye out for Tulsi Gabbard, from Hawaii. She may be the future of the party.

Also appeal to the Rust Belt.

To do that you have to drop the globalism.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 am

Hittanryan wrote:
Ah, I'm glad the inability of the blinkered to inspect different viewpoints remains intact. And people call the conservatives unempathetic.

Prove that supply-side economics have benefited the country, with sources.

Well, for starters...it got us the God-Emperor! :p
Ebliania wrote:
United Empire of Humanity wrote:Time for fearmongers, liars, Wall Street, the media, and Hollywood to take revenge, then.

In maybe two years?

Yes. We'll begin plotting right now in our cabal headquarters in Clinton Tower.
SAS is like 1/3 self hating Americans self flagellating for attention from le enlightened Europeans, 1/3 people who just like to make fun of the ridiculous shit some Americans say, while the other 1/3 are /r/latestagecapitalism tier hatred of the US. You can't even praise America for defeating imperial Japan without someone crying about muh nukes.

Bullshit

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 am

Donald just praised Hillary for her years of service to the country?

Not sure if i jst hallucainted.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Founded: Oct 10, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

Watching Trump, I say...

"Is this the real life? Is this a fantasy?" -Queen

If this is the real life...

God help us all. We have no idea where this will lead.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
He soon going to be.

He is your president now, it's actually offical now.

Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

Galloism wrote:Donald just praised Hillary for her years of service to the country?

It's like
"thanks for getting the country to a state where it would elect me over you", a backhanded compliment.

Bullshit

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

Galloism wrote:Donald just praised Hillary for her years of service to the country?

Trumps gonna Trump.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Ebliania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ebliania » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

United Empire of Humanity wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:Prove that supply-side economics have benefited the country, with sources.

Well, for starters...it got us the God-Emperor! :p
Ebliania wrote:In maybe two years?

Seriously though. Odds on winning the Senate in 2018?

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

Gauthier wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
Not mine, either.

Not mine.

Such a sentiment can only be forgiven if you are either
A) Not American citizens
B) Do not believe in the idea of democracy
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

Hittanryan wrote:Prove that supply-side economics have benefited the country, with sources.

Prove that forty years of "Republican-peddled shit" is the "wrong path" with sources. I'll wait.

Knock yourself out, buddy.

Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 am

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

She'll never respect him.

Bullshit

Ebliania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ebliania » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 am

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

Not for another two months

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 am

Ebliania wrote:
United Empire of Humanity wrote:Well, for starters...it got us the God-Emperor! :p

Seriously though. Odds on winning the Senate in 2018?

Depends on ocmpetnece fo Trump and his govt
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 am

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

He's a piece of shit.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General