NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread V - Emperor's Holy Inquisition

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

US Presidential Election Poll - RWDT Edition

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:10 am

Hillary Clinton
25%
Donald Trump
46%
Gary Johnson
12%
Jill Stein
4%
Evan McMullin
5%
Darrell Castle
2%
Other
5%

Total votes : 378

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
The East Marches wrote:We'll never know as they went meekly :^)

I do respect their decision to put hope in the institutions of their home country, as unjust and unreliable as it turned out to be.

Yes, with that I agree. Also they exemplary war record too speaks volumes.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Nusaresa
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:32 pm

The East Marches wrote:At least Princes has the courage to say what they mean.

Doesn't excuse him at all honestly.
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

confirmed yandere bishounen
Climate Change needs to stop being a partisan issue

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Nusaresa wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:There's a key difference between us - I don't pretend to be anything else.

Nu uh. That isn't a difference.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Nuu

ur just authoritarian and occasionally confused
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:All inside, nothing against, nothing outside...
THE STATEOF BIG BRAIN CITY

nuuuuuuuuuu

Brainish rule is all-encompassing, all-embracing. All must submit to the might and authority of The Big Brain.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:33 pm

The East Marches wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
I am not totalitarian. Seriously, do I really have to spam it? I will if I have to.

@TEM. The Civil Rights movement and other issues weren't brought to light till the 60s and are still going on in some forms today.

Princes refers to the 40s, when rights weren't very well enforced nor really acknowledged as of yet, or protected.

You can lie to yourself all you want. Don't be surprised when people call it for what your ideas are. At least Princes has the courage to say what they mean.

I am not lying to anyone. My god, it's getting to the point of being bait. I said to stop; that means stop. Doesn't mean "it's okay, keep calling me what I'm not."

ffs seriously.

Nusaresa wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
I am not totalitarian. Seriously, do I really have to spam it? I will if I have to.

Mass silencing of other ideologies, even in the name of 'tolerance and goodwill', and dictating the personal lives of individuals is the very definition of totalitarianism.

We shan't drag this conversation.

Do you even read or keep up to date? Anyways, I'm semi-authoritarian, if anything. And I'm not dictating people's personal lives, either, but okay, sure, why not.
Last edited by The V O I D on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:33 pm

Conscentia wrote:
The East Marches wrote:I could have sworn I read that you rejected the authority of the state or some thing in LWDT.

I don't recall ever saying that on the LWDT. I have previously said that I am a philosophical anarchist, although I don't remember if I've done so on the LWDT - definitely elsewhere on NSG. What I reject is the notion that the state has any inherent legitimacy - that there is any duty or obligation to obey the state. However, the state is not all authority - there is authority outside the state. Philosophical anarchism is distinct from the wider movement of political anarchism in that it does not entail a universal opposition authority or hierarchical organisation. This is why I say that I am not an anarchist - it would be very misleading were I to do so.

What authority do you recognize?
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:33 pm

The East Marches wrote:Yes, with that I agree. Also they exemplary war record too speaks volumes.

Go for broke, 442nd. =')
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm

The V O I D wrote:I am not lying to anyone. My god, it's getting to the point of being bait. I said to stop; that means stop. Doesn't mean "it's okay, keep calling me what I'm not."

ffs seriously.

"You have an opinion of me I don't like; that's bait!"

Really not helping your case.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Well let's look at what rules some other place in the world, I pick the Middle East, what rules there, oh what do you know its religion.

Dah Middol EEST

All current Islamic Fundamentalism was pretty much inspired by protestantism. a result of your enlightenment.

:rofl:
Protestantism was probably the mother of the Enlightenment. Not the other way around.
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Nusaresa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Dah Middol EEST

All current Islamic Fundamentalism was pretty much inspired by protestantism. a result of your enlightenment.

:rofl:
Protestantism was probably the mother of the Enlightenment. Not the other way around.

#MuhPrintingPress
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:35 pm

The V O I D wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
You can lie to yourself all you want. Don't be surprised when people call it for what your ideas are. At least Princes has the courage to say what they mean.

I am not lying to anyone. My god, it's getting to the point of being bait. I said to stop; that means stop. Doesn't mean "it's okay, keep calling me what I'm not."

ffs seriously.

I'm not calling you totalitarian as you've no power. I am calling your ideas totalitarian. Put me on foes list if you dislike hearing feedback or don't post.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:35 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
The V O I D wrote:I am not lying to anyone. My god, it's getting to the point of being bait. I said to stop; that means stop. Doesn't mean "it's okay, keep calling me what I'm not."

ffs seriously.

"You have an opinion of me I don't like; that's bait!"

Really not helping your case.

But it is. They keep saying it at me like it automatically becomes fact, and I keep telling them to stop and quit it.

Not going to bother responding to anyone who calls me totalitarian any further. If they do so, I'll correct their post and ignore any of their attempts to bother me with the nonsense.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Nusaresa wrote:
The East Marches wrote:At least Princes has the courage to say what they mean.

Doesn't excuse him at all honestly.

Yes but even in a foe, you can respect courage.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Nusaresa wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote: :rofl:

#MuhPrintingPress

When everybody knows what the good book says, things happen.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Nusaresa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:38 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Nusaresa wrote:Doesn't excuse him at all honestly.

So long as one of us goes down (preferably not me) is all that matters. Courage and honor are discarded in war and combat.
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Nusaresa wrote:#MuhPrintingPress

When everybody knows what the good book says, things happen.

I can hear the Orthodox and Catholic cries of despair.

The greatest (and worst for some) thing to be developed in history is the printing press and the accessibility of information.
Last edited by Nusaresa on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Nusaresa

Nusaresa welcomes you.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Nusaresa wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Mass silencing of other ideologies, even in the name of 'tolerance and goodwill', and dictating the personal lives of individuals is the very definition of totalitarianism.

I'm all for it, I want to see them defend their beliefs.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Nusaresa wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Nuu

....I ain't confused...
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

Nusaresa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
Nusaresa wrote:Mass silencing of other ideologies, even in the name of 'tolerance and goodwill', and dictating the personal lives of individuals is the very definition of totalitarianism.

I don't fight in things where I know there will be nothing but an impasse and no compromise.
The Republic of Nusaresa

Nusaresa welcomes you.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Nusaresa wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

I don't fight in things where I know there will be nothing but an impasse and no compromise.

Oh, I didn't say I'd get involved, I just like watching the chaos.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:41 pm

The East Marches wrote:
New confederate ramenia wrote:
Elaborate more, how did our founding fathers know and avoid this?

The important thing to remember is the context of the American Revolution versus that of the French. The American Revolution was not a proper revolution. It was men who believed themselves to be "English" having their God given rights trampled upon. There is the salient point found in Locke's writing. I'm on mobile atm so I don't have the exact quote handy. You can't believe in the natural rights of man without believing in a higher power of some sort.

This is a key point, it does not matter what God it is. Many of my fellow Christians misunderstand the reasoning of the founding fathers. They meaning God in a rhetorical meaning. As in you are not beholden to another man for your God given rights. Does this make sense? Some of them are better thought of as being deists.

That is why you saw support in Britain for American Revolution among Enlightenment thinkers. However, those same thinkers argued bitterly against the French Revolution and rightfully so.

Not necessarily, it can be substituted. I mean, I do it all the time.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:42 pm

Nusaresa wrote:I don't fight in things where I know there will be nothing but an impasse and no compromise.

"If fighting is sure to result... you must fight." - Selectively Edited Sun Tzu Quotes Vol. II

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Nusaresa wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

So long as one of us goes down (preferably not me) is all that matters. Courage and honor are discarded in war and combat.

Honor 100% yes, that gets tossed out the window. Courage? I disagree. It takes serious guts to walk up to a checkpoint and blow yourself up. It takes courage to ambush a patrol of men much much more heavily armed than you just to prove a point that they can't cross a certain valley with a fight. Starring into the face of death requires guts.

I agree that all that matters is victory. Perhaps I am a bit of a sentimentalist after the fact.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Nusaresa wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:When everybody knows what the good book says, things happen.

I can hear the Orthodox and Catholic cries of despair.

The greatest (and worst for some) thing to be developed in history is the printing press and the accessibility of information.

I frankly don't understand that. It's not like everybody will stop going to church if they know how to read.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Nusaresa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Nusaresa wrote:

....I ain't confused...

confused i meant cute

uhhhhh

confused on the topic of modernization or something tho idk

Because from modernization, one would end up jumping into modernism? Something something idk.
The Republic of Nusaresa

Nusaresa welcomes you.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:44 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Nusaresa wrote:So long as one of us goes down (preferably not me) is all that matters. Courage and honor are discarded in war and combat.

Honor 100% yes, that gets tossed out the window. Courage? I disagree. It takes serious guts to walk up to a checkpoint and blow yourself up. It takes courage to ambush a patrol of men much much more heavily armed than you just to prove a point that they can't cross a certain valley with a fight. Starring into the face of death requires guts.

I agree that all that matters is victory. Perhaps I am a bit of a sentimentalist after the fact.

There's a thin line between courage and stupidity. Suicide bombers are the latter.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Minzerland II wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
The important thing to remember is the context of the American Revolution versus that of the French. The American Revolution was not a proper revolution. It was men who believed themselves to be "English" having their God given rights trampled upon. There is the salient point found in Locke's writing. I'm on mobile atm so I don't have the exact quote handy. You can't believe in the natural rights of man without believing in a higher power of some sort.

This is a key point, it does not matter what God it is. Many of my fellow Christians misunderstand the reasoning of the founding fathers. They meaning God in a rhetorical meaning. As in you are not beholden to another man for your God given rights. Does this make sense? Some of them are better thought of as being deists.

That is why you saw support in Britain for American Revolution among Enlightenment thinkers. However, those same thinkers argued bitterly against the French Revolution and rightfully so.

Not necessarily, it can be substituted. I mean, I do it all the time.

You missed the part where it said in a rhetorical sense my friend. I clarified what I meant.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General