NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread VIII: Augustine's Revenge.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Roman Catholic
36%
Eastern Orthodox
9%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East, etc.)
1%
Anglican/Episcopalian
5%
Lutheran or Reformed (including Calvinist, Presbyterian, etc.)
12%
Methodist
4%
Baptist
9%
Other Evangelical Protestant (Pentecostal, Charismatic, etc.)
7%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
3%
Other Christian
14%

Total votes : 745

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Gim wrote:
So...no kneeling for me.

"Daniel, listen to me. I am the Archangel Gabriel and I have a very important prophecy for you...aaaaaand he passed-out."
*Helps Daniel up.* "There. You good?"
"...I think so."
"Alright. So, I have come from God to tell you...OH COME ON."

There's a reason why god appeared as burning bushes
Last edited by Thermodolia on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Daniel, listen to me. I am the Archangel Gabriel and I have a very important prophecy for you...aaaaaand he passed-out."
"...I think so."

Angels are relieved from their positions as messengers of God.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Daniel, listen to me. I am the Archangel Gabriel and I have a very important prophecy for you...aaaaaand he passed-out."
"...I think so."

Actually, the burning bush itself was an Angel. The voice Moses heard, however, was God.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
"...I think so."

Moses: "...Adonai, why are you a burning bush?"
God: "...Do you really wanna see what I actually look like?"
M: "...Um...Well, what do you actually look like?"
G: "...So, imagine a 5'11" Middle Eastern man with short brown hair, a beard, and who wears a seamless garment."
Jesus: "I HAVEN'T INCARNATED YET DAD THAT'S CHEATING."
G: "Well I'm not telling him what I actually look like as God the Father, or his head will explode. And um...We kinda need him to get Our people out of Egypt. Don't think he'll be able to do it if his head explodes."
Jesus: "...Fair enough."
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:There's a reason why god appeared as burning bushes

G: "...So, imagine a 5'11" Middle Eastern man with short brown hair, a beard, and who wears a seamless garment."
G: "Well I'm not telling him what I actually look like as God the Father, or his head will explode. And um...We kinda need him to get Our people out of Egypt. Don't think he'll be able to do it if his head explodes."

Jesus' identity has been revealed in Genesis, actually, although indirectly.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:There's a reason why god appeared as burning bushes

Want to really explode your brain? If the incarnation was always preordained, and We are made in His image,... does that mean we were made in the image of Christ 100's of thousands of years before Christ was incarnated?

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Gim wrote:
So...no kneeling for me.

"Daniel, listen to me. I am the Archangel Gabriel and I have a very important prophecy for you...aaaaaand he passed-out."
"...I think so."

Metatron: Human beings have neither the aural nor the psychological capacity to withstand the awesome power of God's true voice. Were you to hear it, your mind would cave in and your heart would explode within your chest. We went through five Adams before we figured that one out.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
"...I think so."

Metatron: Human beings have neither the aural nor the psychological capacity to withstand the awesome power of God's true voice. Were you to hear it, your mind would cave in and your heart would explode within your chest. We went through five Adams before we figured that one out.

...Why does the name Metatron ring a bell?

That doesn't have anything to do with LDS does it?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:Metatron: Human beings have neither the aural nor the psychological capacity to withstand the awesome power of God's true voice. Were you to hear it, your mind would cave in and your heart would explode within your chest. We went through five Adams before we figured that one out.

That's Maronai you're thinking of.

Metatron is Alan Rickman's character in Dogma.

Cote Acreole
Secretary

Founded: Aug 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cote Acreole » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Luminesa wrote:Moses: "...Adonai, why are you a burning bush?"

Want to really explode your brain? If the incarnation was always preordained, and We are made in His image,... does that mean we were made in the image of Christ 100's of thousands of years before Christ was incarnated?

Flesh and spirit. And have we not given worshipless honor and salutations even unto our own?
It'd be more proper to give it to those claimed by Christ or sent by God rather than have those men of great reknown become idols of the future.
"There would be no need for sermons if our lives were shining. There would be no need for words, if we bore witness with our deeds. There would be no pagans, if we were true Christians." -St. John Chrysostom
"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -St. Justin Martyr
Former nation, Coulee Croche

Cote Acreole
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cote Acreole » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:13 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:Metatron: Human beings have neither the aural nor the psychological capacity to withstand the awesome power of God's true voice. Were you to hear it, your mind would cave in and your heart would explode within your chest. We went through five Adams before we figured that one out.

It sounds like an autobot from Transformers tbqh.
Supposedly, Enoch was made an Archangel in some Apocrypha works.
"There would be no need for sermons if our lives were shining. There would be no need for words, if we bore witness with our deeds. There would be no pagans, if we were true Christians." -St. John Chrysostom
"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -St. Justin Martyr

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Cote Acreole wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

It sounds like an autobot from Transformers tbqh.

There's a lot of apocrypha surround Enoch. He's a unique bird

Cote Acreole
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cote Acreole » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Cote Acreole wrote:It sounds like an autobot from Transformers tbqh.

I've only read 1 Enoch, I could see why it was very popular. When I really started to get interested is when he described the Son of Man as white as wool (or his hair was as white wool; something like that). It caught me off gaurd for the time period its supposedly dated.
Edit: white but not ethnicity-wise
Last edited by Cote Acreole on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Cote Acreole wrote:

I've only read 1 Enoch, I could see why it was very popular. When I really started to get interested is when he described the Son of Man as white as wool (or his hair was as white wool; something like that). It caught me off gaurd for the time period its supposedly dated.

White is a color associated with purity. As it says in Ecclesiastes "keep your clothes white". The whiteness of the Son of Man is pure symbolism of his purity, not an proposed ethnicity.

Cote Acreole
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cote Acreole » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Cote Acreole wrote:I've only read 1 Enoch, I could see why it was very popular. When I really started to get interested is when he described the Son of Man as white as wool (or his hair was as white wool; something like that). It caught me off gaurd for the time period its supposedly dated.

White is a color associated with purity. As it says in Ecclesiastes "keep your clothes white". The whiteness of the Son of Man is pure symbolism of his purity, not an proposed ethnicity.

I was thinking more of the transfiguration or him being the lamb than ethnicity; im glad you caught that before someone else :?
Last edited by Cote Acreole on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Cote Acreole wrote:

I was thinking more of the transfiguration or him being the lamb than ethnicity; im glad you caught that before someone else :?

Let's not give the Neo-Nazis and KKK more ammo :P

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:38 pm

"...I think so."

Daniel: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE WERE FIVE?!"
Michael: "Multiple Eves as well, and a Lilith."
Gabriel: "YOU GUYS WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO TELL THEM THAT."
Michael: "...Oops."
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Cote Acreole
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cote Acreole » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Cote Acreole wrote:I was thinking more of the transfiguration or him being the lamb than ethnicity; im glad you caught that before someone else :?

:p Dont fret, they'll meet our divisions in the afterlife.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:

Daniel: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE WERE FIVE?!"
Michael: "Multiple Eves as well, and a Lilith."
Gabriel: "YOU GUYS WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO TELL THEM THAT."
Michael: "...Oops."

And that concludes this weeks episode of "The Bible: Redacted". Tune in next week where we discuss the true meaning of Christmas, and Christ's drunken ramblings at the wedding of Caana
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 pm

Cote Acreole wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

:p Dont fret, they'll meet our divisions in the afterlife.

God will obliterate them all.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Gim wrote:
Cote Acreole wrote: :p Dont fret, they'll meet our divisions in the afterlife.

A bit presumptious I might point out

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Gim wrote:

Perhaps, using an absolute statement like "all" reduces the credibility of the claim. Details, details.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:10 am

Gim wrote:

Perhaps, using an absolute statement like "all" reduces the credibility of the claim. Details, details.

Eh just in general. I try to refrain from God will do x statements unless they're specifically referred to in Theological terms. It's just not wise to speak for God imho

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:12 am

Gim wrote:

Eh just in general. I try to refrain from God will do x statements unless they're specifically referred to in Theological terms. It's just not wise to speak for God imho

Well, it's true there will be Judgment Day. I'm referring what is directly portrayed in the Bible. :)

Cote Acreole
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cote Acreole » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:20 am

Gim wrote:
Cote Acreole wrote: :p Dont fret, they'll meet our divisions in the afterlife.

Lets not take comfort at that thought.
I had more of a Pope Pius IX to Joseph Stalin, with Pope St. John Paul II's role in the Polish Solidarity movement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General