NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread The Fourth

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What country would you most like to see overthrown by military coup?

U.S.A.
34
15%
Germany
23
10%
France
5
2%
Russia
29
13%
China
25
11%
Turkey
34
15%
Saudi Arabia
42
19%
Iran
20
9%
The Philippines
15
7%
 
Total votes : 227

User avatar
Dagashi Shojo
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1919
Founded: Jun 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi Shojo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Individual Thought Patterns wrote:
Dagashi Shojo wrote:
How was the French Revolution suicide or decay for Europe?

Literally jumpstarting republicanism, destruction of tradition.


Republicanism existed two thousand years before the French Revolution, and there were still republics in Europe. In India, the Buddha's kingdom had more in common with an aristocratic republic such as Rome than it did with feudal monarchies. The Roman Empire, which so many traditionalists are eager to recall, would not have existed if it remained under the Etruscan kings, and Carthage was a republic as well.

What do you mean by "tradition?" it might look good in video games, but feudalism wasn't that romantic in real life.
The hime cut will always be the best hair cut.
Corporatist, Voluntarist, and Idealist.
Eternal Corporatist, she who is always mistaken for corporatocracy.

User avatar
Seylland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 645
Founded: Dec 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Seylland wrote:I love this video. Best video.


And yet it helps put good understanding and explaining tradition, in a way of course.

Pretty much.

Is there a proper blessing for the Tsar?
May God bless and keep the Tsar... far away from us!

User avatar
The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9657
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:09 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:You mean secretive bullshit and secret societies?
*falls asleep*


Oh UCE that is the Illuminati you are talking about. :p

*wakes up*
Oh, is that it? Fuck the illuminati, aren't they supposed to have all been killed in Saxony?
Jochizyd Republic wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:You mean secretive bullshit and secret societies?
*falls asleep*

*smacks ruler on desk*

Sort of a simplification.

Basic information on what the path is usually isn't secret in Sufi Orders. Although the higher mysteries and contentions are.

Oh. I thought you were talking about stuff like the Freemasons and Eleusinians and Maenads becoming a thing again.
*falls asleep again*
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to encourage settlement of all habitable worlds in the Galaxy and perhaps the Universe by the human race;
to ensure that human rights are respected, with force if necessary, and that all nations recognize the inevitable and unalienable rights of all human beings regardless of their individual and harmless differences, or Idiosyncrasies;
to represent the interests of all humankind to other sapient species;
to protect all humanity and its’ colonies from unneeded violence or danger;
to promote technological advancement and scientific achievement for the happiness, knowledge and welfare of all humans;
and to facilitate cooperation in the spheres of law, transportation, communication, and measurement between nation-states.

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:37 pm

Seylland wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
Yes, I concur that many great powers didn't have a choice in the matter. Once the mobilizations occurred, for most, little else could be done. For this, I am grateful my own country sat the war out. We were able to make a pretty penny from the war and industrialize to an even greater extent. Indeed, it is said that the technology of flight was advanced 30 years. I disagree though, that the cost was worth it. In this case, the blood tithe was just too much for me to stomach.

Not just flight. Code breaking and computation saw their start here (enigma code and Alan Turing). As well as the fields of psychology (move towards conditioning and a scientific method of inquiry in psychology, recording the effects of what was PTSD/shellshock) and medicine (only possible due to the blood profit of war) among others.

In the short, immediate time frame? It was not worth it. Too many lives were lost in the name of God and Country, King and Empire, Profit and Industry. But look at where we are at now. Sure, things may still seem bad and in some areas the situation is simply terrifying. We can say that there is a decay in values. However, we can appreciate the fact that such wars must not happen again, and that society as well as humanity marches on.

For everything we call 'good' can be only contrasted upon something 'evil' or 'bad' in this world. We can only appreciate the good times after weathering the bad times.


This is a good way of looking at the situation. I rather liked a history channel special that came out recently called "the World Wars". It rightly portrayed the thing as really one war rather than two separate wars.

Its the last part of your statement that I find myself agreeing with most. Without the horror, we would not appreciate the good or pleasant so much as we do now.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:47 pm

What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

User avatar
Dushan
Minister
 
Posts: 2272
Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:49 pm

I am not overly concerned regarding Portugals current Situation. They're a small Nation at the edge of Europe and their Economy is not of relevance. If they keep their stuff steady and smoothly they will master the crisis. Further austerity Programs from Brussels might harm their Economy more than help.
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

User avatar
Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6586
Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:49 pm

The East Marches wrote:What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?

Sucks for them. Seriously.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

User avatar
Grauw
Attaché
 
Posts: 96
Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grauw » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:52 pm

The East Marches wrote:What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?

Doesn't concern me.
Liberty, Markets & Nationalism.

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:55 pm

Dushan wrote:I am not overly concerned regarding Portugals current Situation. They're a small Nation at the edge of Europe and their Economy is not of relevance. If they keep their stuff steady and smoothly they will master the crisis. Further austerity Programs from Brussels might harm their Economy more than help.


Yes but you are expecting this from a country in Iberia with finances. Being bad with money seems to be a latin world tbh. I for am not so much worried about as I am about this in particular.

Image


Issues in Portugal could easily spill intro France. Given how weak the EU is when it comes to decisive responses, we may be in for a wild ride with Mr.Bones.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

User avatar
Minzerland II
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5589
Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:55 pm

The East Marches wrote:What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?

I'm not too concerned with Portugal, they've gotten themselves out of debt before, they'll without a doubt do the very same again. The EU needs to keep themselves out of the matter entirely.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Grauw wrote:
The East Marches wrote:What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?

Doesn't concern me.


You're a Dutchmen, who do you think they will coming begging to for money?\

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
The East Marches wrote:What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?

Sucks for them. Seriously.


Yes, I actually feel rather bad for Portugal because unlike most of the other Eurozone countries, they made a good faith effort to unfuck themselves.

Minzerland II wrote:
The East Marches wrote:What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?

I'm not too concerned with Portugal, they've gotten themselves out of debt before, they'll without a doubt do the very same again. The EU needs to keep themselves out of the matter entirely.


I disagree with you. Not because I disagree with the statement itself but rather because Portugal is hemmed in by the EU's financial issues. Their ability to maneuver is substantially weakened.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

User avatar
Grauw
Attaché
 
Posts: 96
Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grauw » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:00 am

The East Marches wrote:
Grauw wrote:Doesn't concern me.


You're a Dutchmen, who do you think they will coming begging to for money?

This is atrocious grammar.
Liberty, Markets & Nationalism.

User avatar
Minzerland II
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5589
Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:01 am

The East Marches wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:I'm not too concerned with Portugal, they've gotten themselves out of debt before, they'll without a doubt do the very same again. The EU needs to keep themselves out of the matter entirely.


I disagree with you. Not because I disagree with the statement itself but rather because Portugal is hemmed in by the EU's financial issues. Their ability to maneuver is substantially weakened.

True, damn Eurozone. Well, then I have nothing to say on the EU.
Last edited by Minzerland II on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:02 am

Grauw wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
You're a Dutchmen, who do you think they will coming begging to for money?

This is atrocious grammar.


Without a doubt.

Image


How will the Dutch Government react if the Portuguese go under?
Last edited by The East Marches on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:04 am

Minzerland II wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
I disagree with you. Not because I disagree with the statement itself but rather because Portugal is hemmed in by the EU's financial issues. Their ability to maneuver is substantially weakened.

True, damn Eurozone. Well, then I have nothing to say on the EU.


Well, it is not an institution that is looked kindly upon in RW circles. Were you there for the concentrated mad after the Brexit vote?
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

User avatar
Grauw
Attaché
 
Posts: 96
Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grauw » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:05 am

The East Marches wrote:
Grauw wrote:This is atrocious grammar.


Without a doubt.

Image


How will the Dutch Government react if the Portuguese go under?

If I claimed to know, it would be lying. I do not wish to lie.
Liberty, Markets & Nationalism.

User avatar
Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:05 am

The East Marches wrote:What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?

Revolucao socialista?
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

User avatar
Minzerland II
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5589
Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:05 am

The East Marches wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:True, damn Eurozone. Well, then I have nothing to say on the EU.


Well, it is not an institution that is looked kindly upon in RW circles. Were you there for the concentrated mad after the Brexit vote?

I was posting in the UK Referendum thread, actually. Very salty, very mad the remainers were. In my cozy house.
Last edited by Minzerland II on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:10 am

Grauw wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
Without a doubt.

Image


How will the Dutch Government react if the Portuguese go under?

If I claimed to know, it would be lying. I do not wish to lie.


Fair enough, at least you are honest about it.

Bakery Hill wrote:
The East Marches wrote:What is RWDT thoughts on the fact that Portugal could be slipping back into debt again?

Revolucao socialista?


At this point, it may be a good option. Their welfare system borrows from the German one from what I have been told. Which is to say, it is fucking retarded and forces you to sell all your shit before you get any help. Forceably impoverishing people and ruining lives. May the name "Peter Hartz" be damned to hell and to history for his cancerous idea.

Minzerland II wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
Well, it is not an institution that is looked kindly upon in RW circles. Were you there for the concentrated mad after the Brexit vote?

I was posting in the UK Referendum thread, actually. Very salty, very mad. In my cozy house.


It was really a wild ride. I think has a greater potential for a market crash than the Brexit vote. Unlike Brexit, I don't think our friends on the continent would see just a "correction".
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

User avatar
Dushan
Minister
 
Posts: 2272
Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:10 am

Minzerland II wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
Well, it is not an institution that is looked kindly upon in RW circles. Were you there for the concentrated mad after the Brexit vote?

I was posting in the UK Referendum thread, actually. Very salty, very mad the remainers were. In my cozy house.


Over Theresa May specifically?
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

User avatar
Minzerland II
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5589
Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:13 am

The East Marches wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:I was posting in the UK Referendum thread, actually. Very salty, very mad. In my cozy house.


It was really a wild ride. I think has a greater potential for a market crash than the Brexit vote. Unlike Brexit, I don't think our friends on the continent would see just a "correction".

The EU? Yeah, I don't think it will last another crisis, especially after Brexit; the nation equivalent of the middle-finger.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

User avatar
Minzerland II
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5589
Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:15 am

Dushan wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:I was posting in the UK Referendum thread, actually. Very salty, very mad the remainers were. In my cozy house.


Over Theresa May specifically?

No, I was there for most of the day waiting for the result, I was a supporter of leave because I despise the EU.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

User avatar
Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6586
Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:16 am

Dagashi Shojo wrote:
Individual Thought Patterns wrote:Literally jumpstarting republicanism, destruction of tradition.


Republicanism existed two thousand years before the French Revolution, and there were still republics in Europe. In India, the Buddha's kingdom had more in common with an aristocratic republic such as Rome than it did with feudal monarchies. The Roman Empire, which so many traditionalists are eager to recall, would not have existed if it remained under the Etruscan kings, and Carthage was a republic as well.

What do you mean by "tradition?" it might look good in video games, but feudalism wasn't that romantic in real life.

Off the high horse.

"The Dark Ages and Medieval Times were literally hell" has been a debunked meme for quite some time now. It's alongside College Afrocentrism Club theories in how silly it is.

Now, yes. It was not perfect. Sanitation and diseases were truly awful at the best of times by today's standards. And certain societies had Serfs living in terrible conditions and poverty. Which the Church had always been a fervent opponent to. As were many Kings and permitted Orders that worked for the betterment of workers.

This did change in times of wealth and flourishing of civilization. Of which there were many instances of.
Last edited by Jochizyd Republic on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

User avatar
Dushan
Minister
 
Posts: 2272
Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:17 am

The East Marches wrote:At this point, it may be a good option. Their welfare system borrows from the German one from what I have been told. Which is to say, it is fucking retarded and forces you to sell all your shit before you get any help. Forceably impoverishing people and ruining lives. May the name "Peter Hartz" be damned to hell and to history for his cancerous idea.


German Online Newspaper SPON had Today running a Story about a Family who has to sell their House over a Hartz IV dispute, after their Children moved out. (Article in German Link
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:19 am

Dushan wrote:
The East Marches wrote:At this point, it may be a good option. Their welfare system borrows from the German one from what I have been told. Which is to say, it is fucking retarded and forces you to sell all your shit before you get any help. Forceably impoverishing people and ruining lives. May the name "Peter Hartz" be damned to hell and to history for his cancerous idea.


German Online Newspaper SPON had Today running a Story about a Family who has to sell their House over a Hartz IV dispute, after their Children moved out. (Article in German Link


Jesus, just when I thought that shit couldn't get dumber. The goal of unemployment benefits is to help you get from job a to job b without losing your life's work. Its like you country purpose designed a system to destroy the life savings/value of a family if it falls on hard times. The American system may have issues but it isn't even that pants on head retarded.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -SARS-, 10KI WA Secretariat, An Alan Smithee Nation, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Honeydewistania, Infected Mushroom, Kowani, Kubra, Majestic-12 [Bot], Roblox Crossroads, South Newlandia, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads