NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread The Fourth

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What country would you most like to see overthrown by military coup?

U.S.A.
15%
Germany
10%
France
2%
Russia
13%
China
11%
Turkey
15%
Saudi Arabia
19%
Iran
9%
The Philippines
7%

Total votes : 227

Dagashi Shojo
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi Shojo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:Could be a few things actually. Some say the French Revolution. Which is a very good point. Some Say The Very Beginning of the Enlightenment Era in general. Which is kind of a simplification but a very good point as well. And others say it was Pope Clement V's disbandment of the Knights Templar.

How was the French Revolution suicide or decay for Europe?
The hime cut will always be the best hair cut.
Corporatist, Voluntarist, and Idealist.
Eternal Corporatist, she who is always mistaken for corporatocracy.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Seylland wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:I have no problem with the technological, scientific and medical advancements on their own.

The values and social structure changes. yyyyeah.

Bro... bro... with technological advancement and more accessibility to information and resouces, the social order is simply an illusion to keep things neat and tidy.

Technological and scientific advancements change society in ways that are only bad if it is seen as it were bad.

Again, I don't see those advancements being bad.

The conclusions people drew from them and ways they applied the new knowledge due to enlightenment ideals got bad fast.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Seylland wrote:
Minzerland II wrote: :(

Adapt or be trampled~

RIP Luddites
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:29 pm

I think people are being a tad bit hyperbolic, the West isn't dead and it won't for quite a while; the Enlightenment was one of the Wests greatest moments.
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:30 pm

Dagashi Shojo wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Could be a few things actually. Some say the French Revolution. Which is a very good point. Some Say The Very Beginning of the Enlightenment Era in general. Which is kind of a simplification but a very good point as well. And others say it was Pope Clement V's disbandment of the Knights Templar.

Deconstruction of The Old Orders of Family, Monarchy, Doctrine, Initiatic Orders. A big kickoff for modernism.

What did you expect me to say?

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Seylland wrote:

Arogance and hate of one's brother due to petty nationalism would do that. But it was not all in vain, anything for the sake of technological progress.

Edit: Beautiful video btw o:

Admittedly, I am not a pacifist by any means. However, it is incidents like the First World War that lead me to my staunch belief in armed neutrality. There is no reason to join the headlong plunge into war. Even if that is in the cards of fate for others, we can still save ourselves. Violence is just means to an end. The same goes for war. The question is whether the risks of losses outweigh the potential gains on our end.

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
What do you think it was then friendo? We were at the height of our global domination and threw it all away in a war which gained ultimately nothing.

Could be a few things actually. Some say the French Revolution. Which is a very good point. Some Say The Very Beginning of the Enlightenment Era in general. Which is kind of a simplification but a very good point as well. And others say it was Pope Clement V's disbandment of the Knights Templar.

I think it was less of one suicide and more of a decay. All of these being major points of it. The Templar's disbandment probably being the start.

I believe this a result of your worldview being radically different than mine. I don't believe you and I will agree very well on this matter due to that.

Dagashi Shojo wrote:
Seylland wrote:Arogance and hate of one's brother due to petty nationalism would do that. But it was not all in vain, anything for the sake of technological progress.

> not wanting to be part of tyrannous multicultural empires
> "petty nationalism"

Its petty nationalism to obsess over two worth towns. Its petty to spend the lives of men and ruin the flower of a generation against defenses that you knew would be near impossible to break. Just to fulfill the egos of a small group intellectuals at the heart of a nation. 1.2 million men from Italy? For what? For a few token provinces from the Western powers? They didn't even get anything out of the war in the end that they were promised. Those men of the Hapsburgs fought very hard to keep the Italians from ruining that multicultural empire they were a part of.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Individual Thought Patterns
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Individual Thought Patterns » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:33 pm

Dagashi Shojo wrote:

Literally jumpstarting republicanism, destruction of tradition.
Globalist • Neoliberal
“If soldiers are not to cross international boundaries on missions of war, goods must cross them on missions of peace.”
-Otto T. Mallery

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:35 pm

The East Marches wrote:
I believe this a result of your worldview being radically different than mine. I don't believe you and I will agree very well on this matter due to that.

Yeah probably. That's alright.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Seylland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Edit: As shown here, the Nusa-Sen has slipped into his warhawk neoliberalism and 'technological advancement no matter the cost'

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Seylland wrote:Bro... bro... with technological advancement and more accessibility to information and resouces, the social order is simply an illusion to keep things neat and tidy.

Technological and scientific advancements change society in ways that are only bad if it is seen as it were bad.

Again, I don't see those advancements being bad.

The conclusions people drew from them and ways they applied the new knowledge due to enlightenment ideals got bad fast.

Darwin's findings was one thing that definitely got misinterpreted and applied horrendously. Well what can one do, mistakes happened and one cannot turn the clock back, might as well try to fix things in the present.
Minzerland II wrote:
Seylland wrote:Adapt or be trampled~

RIP Luddites

i trample over them with my jackboots errday
The East Marches wrote:
Seylland wrote:Arogance and hate of one's brother due to petty nationalism would do that. But it was not all in vain, anything for the sake of technological progress.

Admittedly, I am not a pacifist by any means. However, it is incidents like the First World War that lead me to my staunch belief in armed neutrality. There is no reason to join the headlong plunge into war. Even if that is in the cards of fate for others, we can still save ourselves. Violence is just means to an end. The same goes for war. The question is whether the risks of losses outweigh the potential gains on our end.

The first world war saw technological advancements that could have only be done through participating in the violent competition. I'd say, despite its costs of life, property, and wealth... the technological advancements made paved the way to the next 'technological races' after that. And many great powers didn't have much choice in the matter. Alliances were made and the lines have been drawn in far too deeply. The competitive spirit and arrogance simply was unrestrained.
Last edited by Seylland on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Seylland wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:RIP Luddites

i trample over them with my jackboots errday

Machine made, I hope.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Dagashi Shojo wrote:
> not wanting to be part of tyrannous multicultural empires

>tyrannous
I think this has something to do with it.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:43 pm

Seylland wrote:Darwin's findings was one thing that definitely got misinterpreted and applied horrendously. Well what can one do, mistakes happened and one cannot turn the clock back, might as well try to fix things in the present.

Good example.

But I want to "turn the clock back" not physically, but spiritually and socially.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Grauw
Attaché

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grauw » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:46 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Seylland wrote:Darwin's findings was one thing that definitely got misinterpreted and applied horrendously. Well what can one do, mistakes happened and one cannot turn the clock back, might as well try to fix things in the present.

Good example.

But I want to "turn the clock back" not physically, but spiritually and socially.

How do you turn the clock back spiritually?
Liberty, Markets & Nationalism.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Seylland wrote:Edit: As shown here, the Nusa-Sen has slipped into his warhawk neoliberalism and 'technological advancement no matter the cost'

Its quite alright, we all do that from time to time.

Seylland wrote:The first world war saw technological advancements that could have only be done through participating in the violent competition. I'd say, despite its costs of life, property, and wealth... the technological advancements made paved the way to the next 'technological races' after that. And many great powers didn't have much choice in the matter. Alliances were made and the lines have been drawn in far too deeply. The competitive spirit and arrogance simply was unrestrained.

Yes, I concur that many great powers didn't have a choice in the matter. Once the mobilizations occurred, for most, little else could be done. For this, I am grateful my own country sat the war out. We were able to make a pretty penny from the war and industrialize to an even greater extent. Indeed, it is said that the technology of flight was advanced 30 years. I disagree though, that the cost was worth it. In this case, the blood tithe was just too much for me to stomach.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Seylland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Minzerland II wrote:
Seylland wrote:i trample over them with my jackboots errday

Machine made, I hope.

Machine made with the finest leather~
Jochizyd Republic wrote:

Good example.

Unlikely to happen, given the mentality of much of the world. The issue with social norms is that it often aligns itself with technological paradigms, as seen during the 1800s, whereby the racism was reinforced by the misinterpretation of Darwin's works.

Society being as connected now, and with the rise of information (both factual and not) most people want to find methods that appease their own inner self worth and ego only compromising when the ideals cannot meat the test of time or are rejected by the ever changing norm. That is something we cannot change (at least we have little control over it) as a result of this lovely thing called the internet. Education and the accessibility of more factual (usually) information drives scientific inquiry and technological advancement.

Change, curiosity, and moving forward has been an integral part of the human spirit (as well as faith, compassion, etc), and it is very hard to restrain or suppress without drastic measures

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Grauw wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Good example.

How do you turn the clock back spiritually?

Adhering to the authentic Traditional...eeehhh...esotericism. For lack of a better word.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Grauw wrote:How do you turn the clock back spiritually?

Adhering to the authentic Traditional...eeehhh...esotericism. For lack of a better word.

You mean secretive bullshit and secret societies?
*falls asleep*
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Grauw
Attaché

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grauw » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Grauw wrote:How do you turn the clock back spiritually?

How do you determine what is Traditional?
Liberty, Markets & Nationalism.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:00 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Adhering to the authentic Traditional...eeehhh...esotericism. For lack of a better word.

*falls asleep*

Oh UCE that is the Illuminati you are talking about. :p

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Seylland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:00 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Seylland wrote:The first world war saw technological advancements that could have only be done through participating in the violent competition. I'd say, despite its costs of life, property, and wealth... the technological advancements made paved the way to the next 'technological races' after that. And many great powers didn't have much choice in the matter. Alliances were made and the lines have been drawn in far too deeply. The competitive spirit and arrogance simply was unrestrained.

Yes, I concur that many great powers didn't have a choice in the matter. Once the mobilizations occurred, for most, little else could be done. For this, I am grateful my own country sat the war out. We were able to make a pretty penny from the war and industrialize to an even greater extent. Indeed, it is said that the technology of flight was advanced 30 years. I disagree though, that the cost was worth it. In this case, the blood tithe was just too much for me to stomach.

Not just flight. Code breaking and computation saw their start here (enigma code and Alan Turing). As well as the fields of psychology (move towards conditioning and a scientific method of inquiry in psychology, recording the effects of what was PTSD/shellshock) and medicine (only possible due to the blood profit of war) among others.

In the short, immediate time frame? It was not worth it. Too many lives were lost in the name of God and Country, King and Empire, Profit and Industry. But look at where we are at now. Sure, things may still seem bad and in some areas the situation is simply terrifying. We can say that there is a decay in values. However, we can appreciate the fact that such wars must not happen again, and that society as well as humanity marches on.

For everything we call 'good' can be only contrasted upon something 'evil' or 'bad' in this world. We can only appreciate the good times after weathering the bad times.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Seylland wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:Machine made, I hope.

Machine made with the finest leather~

GG no RE Luddites

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Grauw wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Adhering to the authentic Traditional...eeehhh...esotericism. For lack of a better word.

How do you determine what is Traditional?

Depends, how does a fiddler keep his balance on a rooftop?

Yes this is relevant.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:

*falls asleep*

*smacks ruler on desk*

Sort of a simplification.

Basic information on what the path is usually isn't secret in Sufi Orders. Although the higher mysteries and contentions are.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Seylland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Grauw wrote:How do you determine what is Traditional?

Depends, how does a fiddler keep his balance on a rooftop?

Yes this is relevant.

I love this video. Best video.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Seylland wrote:

I love this video. Best video.

And yet it helps put good understanding and explaining tradition, in a way of course.

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General