NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread The Fourth

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What country would you most like to see overthrown by military coup?

U.S.A.
15%
Germany
10%
France
2%
Russia
13%
China
11%
Turkey
15%
Saudi Arabia
19%
Iran
9%
The Philippines
7%

Total votes : 227

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Calimera II wrote:This thread has transformed into a supposedly "right-wing" TET.

Except we're actually having a good discussion right now.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Nariterrr wrote:
Calimera II wrote:This thread has transformed into a supposedly "right-wing" TET.

True that.

No. TET usually works by somebody walking in and posting something about their contemporary RL situation and other People reacting on it or giving advice. Then the Cycle repeats. Such is the nature of the TET Thread. Whereas here we have actual, very often in-depths Discussions about a variety of Topics from a unusual, non-mainstream Worldviews.
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Calimera II » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Dushan wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:True that.

No. TET usually works by somebody walking in and posting something about their contemporary RL situation and other People reacting on it or giving advice. Then the Cycle repeats. Such is the nature of the TET Thread. Whereas here we have actual, very often in-depths Discussions about a variety of Topics from a unusual, non-mainstream Worldviews.

And plenty of one-liners which can be seen in the TET threads.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Dushan wrote:

We had an indepth discussion yesterday on why Argentina is a wreck and what a missed opportunity they had. My friend, there is no need to be bitter that you were on the losing side.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

-Harley-Quinn-
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby -Harley-Quinn- » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Dushan wrote:

This is NSG. One liners are our bats n' guns er... bread n' butter.
Bailey Quinn, nice ta meetcha! (She/Her, please)
Also known as Harley
NS Stats ain't my thing
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3
Normal is a setting on a dryer

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:22 pm

-Harley-Quinn- wrote:
Calimera II wrote:

This is NSG. One liners are our bats n' guns er... bread n' butter.

I will end the discussion here, because otherwise I am the one derailing the thread ;]

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:23 pm

To keep things going along the space lines; should the colonization of space be something we do in a business sense or should it be conduct regardless of cost as a sort of prestige project? Or would it be best to turn over to our respective governments entirely?
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Pan North American Technate wrote:We're not going to be launching any interstellar colonization missions that take hundreds of years to arrive until at least the year 2200. If we don't have early transhuman tech and fully-automated reconfigurable factories (NOT NANOTECH, just the direction current factories are already going in) by then, it will be because of the kind of economic collapse that makes interstellar colonization projects not affordable in the first place.

That seems like utopian techno-determinism to me. Materials science will probably hit hard limits within our lifetime, which in turn will dramatically slow down our rates of technological advancement overall.

False. Based on all evidence, we are exponentially advancing at a rate wherein technological singularity, AI, etc. are not matters of 'if', but of when.

This also means our technology will likely be far more advanced by the 2060s than it is even in the 2040s, simply by virtue of how exponential the advancement is.

-Harley-Quinn-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Harley-Quinn- » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:24 pm

The East Marches wrote:To keep things going along the space lines; should the colonization of space be something we do in a business sense or should it be conduct regardless of cost as a sort of prestige project? Or would it be best to turn over to our respective governments entirely?

I like ta think of it as the same as any expansion - government taking territory. So, its sorta a business sense, that, if the government was capitalist, the land could be used for business, but its broader than just McDonalds claiming Mars for space-beef production.
Also known as Harley
NS Stats ain't my thing
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:24 pm

Dushan wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:True that.

"Very often". "In-depth". :lol2:

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:25 pm

The East Marches wrote:To keep things going along the space lines; should the colonization of space be something we do in a business sense or should it be conduct regardless of cost as a sort of prestige project? Or would it be best to turn over to our respective governments entirely?

Privatized and state-owned. Privatized colonies exist if companies get to an asteroid or part of a planet first (they can't claim an entire planet, however; at least, until we conquer the entire galactic arm we sit upon). State-owned colonies are set up by states specifically on pieces of land they reserve.

Of course, these colonies would basically be autonomous governments, until interplanetary and interstellar travel is as easy as intercontinental travel.

Nusaresa
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:25 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:Question, RWDT, what big task do you think Humanity ought to look towards? Space colonisation? Uniting our balkanised species? That stuff. These are just hypotheticals.

Manifest Destiny in space. To hell with uniting. We need a credible competitor to keep us moving forward. Its our best chance at hedging our bets. We must expand outwards or die.

But before we do that, I'd say improving technology and automation is needed.

But honestly, this must be pushed forward as a goal for every nation. New space and technological race is required and if it ends us in the process, so be it. But here is to trying and seizing the world as we know it eh?
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

confirmed yandere bishounen
Climate Change needs to stop being a partisan issue

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Calimera II wrote:

We had an indepth discussion yesterday on why Argentina is a wreck and what a missed opportunity they had. My friend, there is no need to be bitter that you were on the losing side.

Your snarkiness and biterness doesn't work on me. I thought NS-summer was over? By the way, the discussion was about Spanish and Italian culture and work ethics. Your arguments were crushed by solid data.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm

-Harley-Quinn- wrote:

I like ta think of it as the same as any expansion - government taking territory. So, its sorta a business sense, that, if the government was capitalist, the land could be used for business, but its broader than just McDonalds claiming Mars for space-beef production.

My question is how land distribution would work between both companies and individuals? How do we sort these things out? The only real thing I can think of along those lines would something akin to our Homestead Act if you are familiar with that?

Calimera II wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

Your snarkiness and biterness doesn't work on me. I thought NS-summer was over? By the way, the discussion was about Spanish and Italian culture and work ethics. Your arguments were crushed by solid data.

It drifted into that. Infact, I was proven right. If you'll remember only good Protestant Norway and tiny Luxembourg did better than the amazing Anglo. My arguments were back by solid data and good facts. Its not my fault Southern Europe has an inferior understanding of timeliness and work ethic.
Last edited by The East Marches on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nusaresa
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm

FREE REIGN AND COMPETITION BABY!!

the government can hop on the competition game as well, we need as many participants anyways
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

confirmed yandere bishounen
Climate Change needs to stop being a partisan issue

-Harley-Quinn-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Harley-Quinn- » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Calimera II wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

Now now there lets wait a minute before we wreck ourselves, will we? NS-Summer? TEM's a pretty established poster. And actually pretty fucking awesome at snark, if I gotta say in it.
Also known as Harley
NS Stats ain't my thing
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

-Fahrong-
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby -Fahrong- » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Implying it wouldnt be a government owned corporation. Honestly I dont think something of such importance can be left entirely in private land.
Formerly Atelia, born on the 7th of December 2011. Had 6001 controversial posts.
English is my third language, so sorry if I make mistakes

Evangelos Vasiliadis the Orthodox Christian Russian Pontic Greek cyber-commando.
Agrarian Corporatist, Reactionary Monarchist, Perennial Traditionalist, Moralist, Eurasianist, Byzantinist.
With a tinge of Autarkism, Mysticism, Theocratism, Stoicism and Militarism.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:28 pm

-Fahrong- wrote:

Implying it wouldnt be a government owned corporation. Honestly I dont think something of such importance can be left entirely in private land.

How did you guys handle your taking of the lands when you pushed East? Was it organized or a set system?

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:28 pm

-Harley-Quinn- wrote:
Calimera II wrote:

Now now there lets wait a minute before we wreck ourselves, will we? NS-Summer? TEM's a pretty established poster. And actually pretty fucking awesome at snark, if I gotta say in it.

I don't think we will agree.
Last edited by Calimera II on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:28 pm

It be should be established under a USAF/NASA/Security Commission header creating an equivalent of Age of Sail era Colonial Management Administrations. Tight Security, Right Wing As Fuck and built upon martial ethics. to War is Human; being built upon this principle, yet from a flexible defense strategic doctrine could allow for expansion and a proper installment of citizens virtues into the colonists. Though, it goes without saying the colonists should be the cream of the crop in regard to the "best" of what constitutes proper citizens on the outset.
Ave Nex Alea
Glory & Victory unto the Pact!
I'm pro thrall-taking, are you?
Immigrants're grody; Paris, Berlin & Brussels proved that.
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Cultural Integrity!
Dictating matters of policy & legality because of "feelings" is foolhardy at best, and the reason why SJWism is cancerous at worst.
Altruism is worthless outside of a community and in small doses.
We owe you nothing, and you'll like it.
Arabs cannot do "Modern War"
You are all terrible.

Blacksmith/Metallurgist btw(Mostly Blades) & Academic Reconstructionist Heathen of the Continental Variety, Legitimate Sneering Western Imperialist, Western Classicalist

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:29 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Diopolis wrote:That seems like utopian techno-determinism to me. Materials science will probably hit hard limits within our lifetime, which in turn will dramatically slow down our rates of technological advancement overall.

False. Based on all evidence, we are exponentially advancing at a rate wherein technological singularity, AI, etc. are not matters of 'if', but of when.

This also means our technology will likely be far more advanced by the 2060s than it is even in the 2040s, simply by virtue of how exponential the advancement is.

Except the current limit on our technological advancement is materials science, not scientific knowledge. It's been that way for a really long time and doesn't appear to be changing. And our materials science is already starting to hit hard limits- especially in computing. Other fields will follow pretty quickly. Technological advancement will soon cease to be so exponential simply because materials science imposes a hard limit, usually due to the laws of chemistry and physics.
Edit: I have so sign off soon, so I won't be able to continue the discussion now, but you're welcome to TG me if you want to continue our discussion at a later date.
Last edited by Diopolis on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

-Harley-Quinn-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Harley-Quinn- » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:29 pm

Calimera II wrote:
-Harley-Quinn- wrote:

I mean, of course we won't. I'm right so someones gotta be wrong. :roll:
Also known as Harley
NS Stats ain't my thing
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:30 pm

-Harley-Quinn- wrote:
Calimera II wrote:

Are you new to the field of debating?

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Eisarn-Ara wrote:

It be should be established under a USAF/NASA/Security Commission header creating an equivalent of Age of Sail era Colonial Management Administrations. Tight Security, Right Wing As Fuck and built upon martial ethics. to War is Human; being built upon this principle, yet from a flexible defense strategic doctrine could allow for expansion and a proper installment of citizens virtues into the colonists. Though, it goes without saying the colonists should be the cream of the crop in regard to the "best" of what constitutes proper citizens on the outset.

Yes, the only parallel I can think of is from the Age of Sail. I do believe that is where we might draw our best lessons from given it is roughly similar. I do also think there may be favored corporation by the government, a sort of trading company monopoly allowed at first to get things established.

Calimera II wrote:
-Harley-Quinn- wrote:

You must be if you defended Southern Europe so lamely.
Last edited by The East Marches on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Harley-Quinn-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Harley-Quinn- » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Calimera II wrote:
-Harley-Quinn- wrote:

No I just don't take someone who has the time to pop inta this thread and drop a "lol yer TET git gud" seriously.
Also known as Harley
NS Stats ain't my thing
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General