NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Who are you quoting?

Anyone who thought this move was a good idea

Nobody fans? Oooooooo-kay.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 pm

The Vikings won, you know what that means...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv0XGMCeU-I
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Kohr wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
I'm happy to report we not only won 23-0, but shut them out at Lambeau Field for the first time since 2006. :bow:
Six sacks, three ints, three fumble recoveries. Smothered them in their own cheese doodle. :lol2:
Baltimore D now has three shutouts this season. :clap:

That was fantastic. You guys are the best.

At least for today. :)

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Saints get the win in OT, awesome. I didn't watch the game but it looks like Brees, Ingram, and Kamara all lit it up.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Haha! Bengals do something stupid, if only that was recovered by Denver, my season would be complete
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm

QB cotroversy in Tampa Bay?

Bucs are 2-0 with Ryan Fitzmagic starting, 2-6 with Jameis Winston starting. And after Winston's comments after the win against the Jets (saying things like 'imagine if I had been in there), and his incident groping an Uber driver, this is getting ridiculous. And not to forget the fact that FSU payed out almost a million dollars to silence rape allegations against him.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Again, Peterman picked... nice move Bills, this guy is waaay better than Taylor :roll:

Ranoria wrote:QB cotroversy in Tampa Bay?

Bucs are 2-0 with Ryan Fitzmagic starting, 2-6 with Jameis Winston starting. And after Winston's comments after the win against the Jets (saying things like 'imagine if I had been in there), and his incident groping an Uber driver, this is getting ridiculous. And not to forget the fact that FSU payed out almost a million dollars to silence rape allegations against him.

Beating the Jets and beating Jay Buttler are nothing to particularly be proud of
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Val Halla wrote:Again, Peterman picked... nice move Bills, this guy is waaay better than Taylor :roll:

Ranoria wrote:QB cotroversy in Tampa Bay?

Beating the Jets and beating Jay Buttler are nothing to particularly be proud of

LOL, WTF. Are you stuck on that phrase?

The Pats go to playoffs as #1 seeds every year beating teams like that all season in the AFC East for 6 "nothing to be proud of wins."

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Val Halla wrote:"Tyrod Taylor deserves to be benched, Peterman played well in pre season"

Peterman in preseason eh?

Peterman has thrown 4 ints and it's in the 2nd Qtr. Chargers lead 17-7.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Val Halla wrote:"Tyrod Taylor deserves to be benched, Peterman played well in pre season"

Worst start for a QB in a while. Currently still playing, master mybe the Bills go 8-8 on purpose
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:46 pm

I. AM. SO. HYPED. RIGHT. NOW.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:04 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

Worst start for a QB in a while. Currently still playing, master mybe the Bills go 8-8 on purpose

That "on purpose losing" to get a high draft pick is how the Colts got Luck. What an unethical position to place "a professional" sports team. Sad.
I really hope the Bills aren't doing this shit.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Worst start for a QB in a while. Currently still playing, master mybe the Bills go 8-8 on purpose

That "on purpose losing" to get a high draft pick is how the Colts got Luck. What an unethical position to place "a professional" sports team. Sad.

It really doesn't make sense, you're not getting a top QB with 5 wins, and you were in the playoff picture. It's just... stupid
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Luminesa wrote:I. AM. SO. HYPED. RIGHT. NOW.

Race you to the first round bye!

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Worst start for a QB in a while. Currently still playing, master mybe the Bills go 8-8 on purpose

they probably just already wrote this game off, and are seeing if Peterman can salvage something from this or if the front office is going to have to see about using the thousand and one draft picks we have store to trade up.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

It really doesn't make sense, you're not getting a top QB with 5 wins, and you were in the playoff picture. It's just... stupid

Agreed, if they do it again next week. They get a pass (probably intercepted, lol) for this week bc the coaching staff wanted to see if Peterman was any good.
The answer is clearly, no ...not yet anyway.
Last edited by Baltimore-Ravens on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Is it just me, or is the AFC particularly bad this year? We're at the point where the Bortles-led Jaguars are the conference's third best team, and the wild card options are lousy. In addition, the Chiefs are trying their hardest to give up the West, and no one is obliging them.
Last edited by Kohr on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Kohr wrote:Is it just me, or is the AFC particularly bad this year? We're at the point where the Bortles-led Jaguars are the conference's third best team, and the wild card options are lousy. In addition, the Chiefs are trying their hardest to give up the West, and no one is obliging them.

I think it was pretty clear that the AFC was gonna be weak this year, but this bad? We're probably gonna see an 8-8 team in the 6th seed
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:18 pm

CBS gave up on New England slaughtering Oakland. Bout time.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Kohr wrote:Is it just me, or is the AFC particularly bad this year? We're at the point where the Bortles-led Jaguars are the conference's third best team, and the wild card options are lousy. In addition, the Chiefs are trying their hardest to give up the West, and no one is obliging them.

The Jags have a damn good defense. After accumulating ten straight years of top ten picks, why shouldn't they?

Injuries have weakened a few teams. Baltimore, Houston, KC to name just three. These teams would have better records.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Kohr wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I. AM. SO. HYPED. RIGHT. NOW.

Race you to the first round bye!

LET'S DO IT. >: D
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

The Jags have a damn good defense. After accumulating ten straight years of top ten picks, why shouldn't they?

Injuries have weakened a few teams. Baltimore, Houston, KC to name just three. These teams would have better records.

Yeah. What happened to Deshaun Watson is probably the biggest tragedy of them all. After struggling so hard to get a quarterback, the Texans finally find a good one and he gets injured. It is important to note, though, that injuries have also hit NFC teams like the Packers and Bucs that should be in contention.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Kohr wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:The Jags have a damn good defense. After accumulating ten straight years of top ten picks, why shouldn't they?

Yeah. What happened to Deshaun Watson is probably the biggest tragedy of them all. After struggling so hard to get a quarterback, the Texans finally find a good one and he gets injured. It is important to note, though, that injuries have also hit NFC teams like the Packers and Bucs that should be in contention.

Packers yeah. Bucs have sucked all year though
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Jeez, Buffalo. Not many teams let in 101 points in 2 games.

Meanwhiler, my ‘Skins just couldn’t beat a team that was better than them... no, 31-16 with five or six minutes and that isn’t enough.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Fauxia wrote:Jeez, Buffalo. Not many teams let in 101 points in 2 games.

Meanwhiler, my ‘Skins just couldn’t beat a team that was better than them... no, 31-16 with five or six minutes and that isn’t enough.

NBA teams do. ;)

60 minutes. 8)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General