NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Momma said there'd be days like this.

She also told you not to go to that party, 'cause that's not the way to have fun.

*Cue angry Steelers and Ravens fans tackling each other in Dave and Buster's behind me.*

:hug:

She said life's like a box of chocolates too. Cheap chocolates too. :hug:

Bears beat Steelers in OT 23-17. Chicago ran for 222 yards, Steelers 70 yards.
Last edited by Baltimore-Ravens on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Tombradya
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradya » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

Football, not just the NFL, took a massive hit today with these findings. This is a tragedy of epic proportions.

However, this knowledge is also power to all people to make better decisions in using their heads, both figuratively and literally.

As for the NFL, they will probably hide behind a bunch of high priced lawyers and their double talk.

Football as it is today won't exist by 2030, probably even sooner. Every week, every month we learn more about stuff like CTE and one day the dam will break.
TMFKAT
The fake media: Fox, Breitbart, Infowars

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Just like how Boxing's still alive, Football will stand perfectly fine in 2030.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Tombradya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradya » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Just like how Boxing's still alive, Football will stand perfectly fine in 2030.

Football will exist, just not the way it is today.

And we stole one today, Lumi thanks for letting us have Cooks :hug:
TMFKAT

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:27 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Denver, Pittsburgh and New England should all be ashamed for terrible performance today......

in denvers defense, the Bills offense and defense are using different definitions of tanking.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Fuck yeah!!! Undefeated!!! Go dirty birds!!!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Tombradya wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Football, not just the NFL, took a massive hit today with these findings. This is a tragedy of epic proportions.

However, this knowledge is also power to all people to make better decisions in using their heads, both figuratively and literally.

As for the NFL, they will probably hide behind a bunch of high priced lawyers and their double talk.

Football as it is today won't exist by 2030, probably even sooner. Every week, every month we learn more about stuff like CTE and one day the dam will break.

I definitely think so.
For one thing, what financial institution is gonna want to insure these people?
This question will be on their application forms... "Do you play organized football?"

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:34 pm

All contending teams that played on 1:00 p.m. game looked terribly today. Steelers and Broncos looked dreadful, while Patriots and Falcons required last minute stands to barely get by. 'Tis may be the week of unfortunate upsets and very-close-ones after all.

Tombradya wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Just like how Boxing's still alive, Football will stand perfectly fine in 2030.

Football will exist, just not the way it is today.

No shit it'll alter. But I don't think football, in popularity or appeal, will decline in nature.

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Denver, Pittsburgh and New England should all be ashamed for terrible performance today......

in denvers defense, the Bills offense and defense are using different definitions of tanking.

That's not what I was referring to.

Denver got a couple of terrible calls against them, and shot themselves on foot many times with costly interceptions and that fourth down fake punt attempt, which costed at least 13 points to say the least. Siemian had a terrible night only a week after lighting Cowboys' up, making some decisions that made 0 sense that led to those INTs. Reffing was terrible, but so did Denver's offence and I ain't fucking defending them on that. It's not about Buffalo doing well, but Denver just about using dozens of ways to fuck up that game.

Broncos should be ashamed for doing terribly against Buffalo today. Sometimes happens though, so they'll have to move and carry on.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Tombradya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradya » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Tombradya wrote:

I definitely think so.
This question will be on their application forms... "Do you play organized football?"

They'll be asked to sign waivers. Some will, some won't. At any rate, the pool of players will decline somewhat in size, which might have an effect on the overall talent level. In the last years there have been some players in their prime suddenly retiring, that rate could well increase somewhat.
TMFKAT

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Tombradya wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
I definitely think so.

They'll be asked to sign waivers. Some will, some won't. At any rate, the pool of players will decline somewhat in size, which might have an effect on the overall talent level. In the last years there have been some players in their prime suddenly retiring, that rate could well increase somewhat.

I think the decline in pool of players is good for the health of the sport, more on amateur side of things than pro. Would help balance out intercollegiate athletics better in my eyes.

Happy 420 Friends!

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Flatter than the flattest pancake run over buy a steamroller. Ryan Mallet at least averts shutout. Flacco's job may be on the line versus Pittsburgh next week at home.

I mean, I didn't watch the game, but what the hell happened to that 10 turnover defense? They just let Blake Bortles throw 4 TDs against them

Blake Bortles shouldn't be able to throw four touchdowns in an offense-only practice, how the hell did he do it against an actual team?
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Luminesa wrote:She also told you not to go to that party, 'cause that's not the way to have fun.

*Cue angry Steelers and Ravens fans tackling each other in Dave and Buster's behind me.*

:hug:

She said life's like a box of chocolates too. Cheap chocolates too. :hug:

Bears beat Steelers in OT 23-17. Chicago ran for 222 yards, Steelers 70 yards.

FLIP IT NO. STEELERS. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THEM 0-3.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Tombradya wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
I definitely think so.

Yeah. It's basically a car wreck in slow motion. Tobacco went through it. Then they just went all out trying to sell cigs in Asia and Africa. One fhing for sure, the NFL won't go done without a big fight just like the tobacco companies.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:I mean, I didn't watch the game, but what the hell happened to that 10 turnover defense? They just let Blake Bortles throw 4 TDs against them

Blake Bortles shouldn't be able to throw four touchdowns in an offense-only practice, how the hell did he do it against an actual team?

Asleep at the wheel.

Mind telling me what happened to Tampa Bay today?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:Blake Bortles shouldn't be able to throw four touchdowns in an offense-only practice, how the hell did he do it against an actual team?

Asleep at the wheel.

Also fell asleep at the wheel.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Tombradya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradya » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Asleep at the wheel.

Also fell asleep at the wheel.

So did our D. Fortunately Brady and Cooks were awake, just enough. ;)
TMFKAT

Tombradya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradya » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Hmmm.... an Aaron Rodgers pass that went for minus 7 yards :eek:

Bengals doing well in first quarter against Packers, despite some BS calls against them.
TMFKAT

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Tombradya wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Also fell asleep at the wheel.

Ours fell asleep at the last moment. Also Ryan seemed to have trouble with interceptions
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Tombradya wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Also fell asleep at the wheel.

*Brady downs Redbull before the game.*
*Is out of Redbull for everyone else.*
*Gets a funnel and a bag of jellybeans and pours it down Cooks' throat.*
*Instand Wind-Up Toy Wide Receiver.*
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Tombradya wrote:

Ours fell asleep at the last moment. Also Ryan seemed to have trouble with interceptions

Trufant was awake but thought he had been traded to the Lions, it seems.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm cheering for the Pack but the bunny-hop that Bernard did into the endzone was kinda funny.
-Alan Jackson

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:Blake Bortles shouldn't be able to throw four touchdowns in an offense-only practice, how the hell did he do it against an actual team?

Asleep at the wheel.

Case Keenum redeemed himself with a career day against the Bucs, but I'd still rather have Bradford back. Nonetheless...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv0XGMCeU-I :clap:
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Holy flip Rodgers is OFF.
-Alan Jackson

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Screw these NFL games in England. Too many time zones. They aren't even on the NFL network. Streaming it on Yahoo!? ...my ass! Fuck this fish & chips bullshit.
BTW, West coast teams will really be sleeping through it there, like the AZ Cardinals. Is this the NATIONAL Football League or the International Football League?
Anything for a lousy fucking buck pound or peso, right Goodell? Bastard.

Tombradya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradya » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Screw these NFL games in England. Too many time zones. They aren't even on the NFL network. Streaming it on Yahoo!? ...my ass! Fuck this fish & chips bullshit.
BTW, West coast teams will really be sleeping through it there, like the AZ Cardinals. Is this the NATIONAL Football League or the International Football League?
Anything for a lousy fucking buck pound or peso, right Goodell? Bastard.

Good... let the hatred for Goodell flow through you :twisted:
TMFKAT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General