NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:36 pm

17-41. I am in heaven.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:17-41. I am in heaven.

Damn, I was wanting the cowboys to beat denver and oakland, and lose to san diego and good ol kc.
Last edited by Trollgaard on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:01 pm

As to the poll, its way to early, but as of now I don't think the Seahawks or Giants are going to even make the playoffs. Both teams look like crap.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Trollgaard wrote:As to the poll, its way to early, but as of now I don't think the Seahawks or Giants are going to even make the playoffs. Both teams look like crap.

I think I have Seattle starting off like 2-4 then going on a tear. Remember, this is a team with a monstrous defense, and the Giants have only played one game. I'd still be all for a first round pick for Joe Thomas. That would benefit all three parties.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:As to the poll, its way to early, but as of now I don't think the Seahawks or Giants are going to even make the playoffs. Both teams look like crap.

I think I have Seattle starting off like 2-4 then going on a tear. Remember, this is a team with a monstrous defense, and the Giants have only played one game. I'd still be all for a first round pick for Joe Thomas. That would benefit all three parties.

The Giants weren't good on offense last year either. Odel is their offense. Not a good formula for success. But again, its waaay to early.
Last edited by Trollgaard on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Yeah. These polls are useless.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

Yeah. These polls are useless.

There's no way in hell that Seattle won't make playoffs. But I agree. The polls have no merit. They do have a crowd-sourced method of determining the super bowl champs though.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Kohr wrote:What's up with Kai Forbath? He's very reliable for field goals, but he's missed three extra points now.

This is a bit random, but this question I raised at the end of last year's season is still completely relevant. He's already missed an extra point in both of our games this year, yet still is perfect in field goals. I think I'd still rather have him than Walsh, but we'll see how long that lasts...
Last edited by Kohr on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Whoo!! Go Dirty Birds!!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:GOD DAMN IT.

We should have shut them out. Oh my god.

Those things are the sign of a great defense, but one helluva dominating win anyway for the Bucs.

My two main takeaways are:

1. Nice to be 1-0
2. Good to see us beat down a team we're supposed to beat down

I'm not really used to this team playing up to its ability but they absolutely did so against the Bears which is appreciable progress.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:50 pm

34-23 Falcons. Not the score I wanted but it's a win nonetheless. And it's great to shut pack down. 3-0 baby!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:07 pm

I lost Edelman in the preseason, Woodhead in Week 1, and I might have lost Kelley as well.

Things aren't looking good.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:57 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:I lost Edelman in the preseason, Woodhead in Week 1, and I might have lost Kelley as well.

Things aren't looking good.

Maybe regular breakfasts of Kaboom Cereal would have made them stronger.
No?

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Thermodolia wrote:34-23 Falcons. Not the score I wanted but it's a win nonetheless. And it's great to shut pack down. 3-0 baby!

Yeah, I'm impressed. You really have the Pack's number. Can we borrow it?

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Whoo!! Go Dirty Birds!!

Alright, I was wrong. XD Falcons killed em
Lumi is my NS mom

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Whoo!! Go Dirty Birds!!

Alright, I was wrong. XD Falcons killed em

The Pack still has symptoms of Brett Favre's original Dome-o-phobia disease. Outdoors they are pretty good. Indoors, not so much.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Well, as Demarco Murray and the Demarco Train have finally stopped...

Here's my new thing.

Lumi is my NS mom

Jagellion
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagellion » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:19 pm

I wasn't too sad about losing to KC on Sunday. I expected it and KC is a great team. Wentz did amazing considering he had terrible play calling, no rush game and a shitty o line. Not to mention Torrey Smith dropping a few key passes that could've changed how this game turned out. Our front seven looked monstrous, and the secondary was alright, it was the coaches fault for putting anyone but Malcolm Jenkins or Jordan Hicks on Travis Kelce. Kelce was a beast but our tackling was terrible especially against Kelce. We'll DESTROY the Giants next week considering our D Line and their O Line. Eli can't escape and can barely throw anymore, and I think our O Line won't be terrible again.
Best of luck to KC and Andy Reid, unless they play us in the SB. (which won't happen) :p
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!
Proud Philadelphian and Jew
Also all about them Flyers! Phillies! and Sixers! TTP
Proud Member of The Western Isles
My TG box is open for anything, especially funny jokes and stories.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Just a random thought, my Super Bowl picks for the next few years, and why. This is basically just me being unable to sleep, but here goes.

52: Packers over Raiders
The Raiders offense is EXPLOSIVE, and I think their secondary has taken a major step forward through the draft. Khalil Mack, meanwhile, makes this an elite unit, along with Mario Edwards taking a step forward and Bruce Irvin continuing to produce. This firepower on both sides of the ball leads to an AFC Championship, but Aaron Rodgers does that thing that he does and shreds them while the Packers' defense holds on for dear life, and holds Carr to 27.
Green Bay: 34 Oakland: 27
SBMVP: Aaron Rodgers

53: Seahawks over Steelers
By now, the Seahawks Offensive Line will have improved, hopefully, by some small margin, even if the legion of boom is in it's last couple of dominant years. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh, with the fall of New England, finally manages to break through the AFC gauntlet and take on the 'Hawks. However, it isn't quite enough, with Roethlisberger doing a Manning and falling apart against a vaunted defense.
Seattle: 27 Pittsburgh: 17
SBMVP: Earl Thomas or Russell Wilson

54: Forty Niners over Raiders
Kirk Cousins and a powerhouse defense led by Reuben Foster, Solomon Thomas, Deforest Buckner, and an aging captain in Navarro Bowman carry San Francisco to the Super Bowl, where Derek Carr arrives with his first league MVP award and second conference championship. A somewhat weaker offensive line, however, falters early to a strong San Fransisco front seven, and Reuben Foster dominates throughout, shutting down the run game. Carr nearly leads a comeback in the fourth, scoring 20 points in a span of 13 minutes, but Jack Del Rio's aggressive play calling results in a failed 2 point conversion.
San Francisco: 24 Oakland: 23
SBMVP: Reuben Foster

55: Buccaneers fall to Titans
Two teams with hype centered around no-longer-young quarterbacks come into the stadium, but Jameis Winston is incapable of beating Marcus Mariota. Despite a strong offense on both sides, points are hard to come by until Tennessee pulls ahead in the fourth.
Buccaneers: 17 Titans: 31
SBMVP: Derrick Henry

56: Buccaneers fall to Raiders
In a second straight season, this Tampa Bay squad can't finish the year off with the greatest of prizes. This time, Winston is the defending league MVP, one whom has looked to be a dominant pocket passer, shredding even the best defenses on his path. Unfortunately, his confidence, and gunslinger of an arm, costs Tampa Bay just one possession, and one score, that loses the highest scoring game of the season.
Tampa Bay: 38 Oakland: 45
SBMVP: Gareon Conley or Amari Cooper

I'm going to say it again. The Giants need to trade a 1st rounder for Joe Thomas. They are a team that is in win now mode, so get your pass protection right, that first rounder would be very well spent.
Lumi is my NS mom

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Interesting choices Ranoria....I see you didn't put KC at least going to a superbowl over the next few years.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:41 am

Trollgaard wrote:Interesting choices Ranoria....I see you didn't put KC at least going to a superbowl over the next few years.

I love em, but I don't think they're good enough to make the super bowl. If Kareem Hunt and Alex Smith keep up this level of play though, then you never know.
Lumi is my NS mom

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:59 am

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Alright, I was wrong. XD Falcons killed em

The Pack still has symptoms of Brett Favre's original Dome-o-phobia disease. Outdoors they are pretty good. Indoors, not so much.

Dude they had the roof open. Pack just sucks
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:02 am

Ranoria wrote:
Just a random thought, my Super Bowl picks for the next few years, and why. This is basically just me being unable to sleep, but here goes.

52: Packers over Raiders
The Raiders offense is EXPLOSIVE, and I think their secondary has taken a major step forward through the draft. Khalil Mack, meanwhile, makes this an elite unit, along with Mario Edwards taking a step forward and Bruce Irvin continuing to produce. This firepower on both sides of the ball leads to an AFC Championship, but Aaron Rodgers does that thing that he does and shreds them while the Packers' defense holds on for dear life, and holds Carr to 27.
Green Bay: 34 Oakland: 27
SBMVP: Aaron Rodgers

53: Seahawks over Steelers
By now, the Seahawks Offensive Line will have improved, hopefully, by some small margin, even if the legion of boom is in it's last couple of dominant years. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh, with the fall of New England, finally manages to break through the AFC gauntlet and take on the 'Hawks. However, it isn't quite enough, with Roethlisberger doing a Manning and falling apart against a vaunted defense.
Seattle: 27 Pittsburgh: 17
SBMVP: Earl Thomas or Russell Wilson

54: Forty Niners over Raiders
Kirk Cousins and a powerhouse defense led by Reuben Foster, Solomon Thomas, Deforest Buckner, and an aging captain in Navarro Bowman carry San Francisco to the Super Bowl, where Derek Carr arrives with his first league MVP award and second conference championship. A somewhat weaker offensive line, however, falters early to a strong San Fransisco front seven, and Reuben Foster dominates throughout, shutting down the run game. Carr nearly leads a comeback in the fourth, scoring 20 points in a span of 13 minutes, but Jack Del Rio's aggressive play calling results in a failed 2 point conversion.
San Francisco: 24 Oakland: 23
SBMVP: Reuben Foster

55: Buccaneers fall to Titans
Two teams with hype centered around no-longer-young quarterbacks come into the stadium, but Jameis Winston is incapable of beating Marcus Mariota. Despite a strong offense on both sides, points are hard to come by until Tennessee pulls ahead in the fourth.
Buccaneers: 17 Titans: 31
SBMVP: Derrick Henry

56: Buccaneers fall to Raiders
In a second straight season, this Tampa Bay squad can't finish the year off with the greatest of prizes. This time, Winston is the defending league MVP, one whom has looked to be a dominant pocket passer, shredding even the best defenses on his path. Unfortunately, his confidence, and gunslinger of an arm, costs Tampa Bay just one possession, and one score, that loses the highest scoring game of the season.
Tampa Bay: 38 Oakland: 45
SBMVP: Gareon Conley or Amari Cooper

I'm going to say it again. The Giants need to trade a 1st rounder for Joe Thomas. They are a team that is in win now mode, so get your pass protection right, that first rounder would be very well spent.

Still holding out for pack I see. We'll beat them again, they ain't going to the super bowl this year
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

Dude they had the roof open. Pack just sucks

That is like a hole not a roof. It's still is a dome but I see your point. The Pack is just not into these sorts of venues, like since forever.
Anyway, the Falcons had something to do with it too. They are again looking like the best team in the NFC.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Dude they had the roof open. Pack just sucks

That is like a hole not a roof. It's still is a dome but I see your point. The Pack is just not into these sorts of venues, like since forever.
Anyway, the Falcons had something to do with it too. They are again looking like the best team in the NFC.

*Screams can be heard from Louisiana.*
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General