NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Did you see Derek Carr this season? After Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger and Rodgers retire, he might be the best QB in the league.

Aren't you forgetting someone? And no I really didn't see them this year

I'm not saying there won't be competition. Just that he'll be in the running.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Off the top of my head? Well, Pete Carroll would be except for that one play he called with 20 seconds left in SB 49. >:(

Maybe it's still him anyway.

He's one of the ones who came to mind when I asked. Also McCarthy (despite today's loss).
Dark horses might be Ron Rivera and Bruce Arians.

Wow. I was thinking McCarthy too, but then again he has the luxury of Rodgers. I'd also agree with Arians.

This old man has to hit the hay and dream about being young again. LOL. I'm always still young in my dreams.

I love it when I see those people I have loved that are passed on (and my pets) in my dreams and talk with them again. Maybe you didn't know this would be something you might do when you're old? But actually you do. It always feels very right too. Night.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:He's one of the ones who came to mind when I asked. Also McCarthy (despite today's loss).
Dark horses might be Ron Rivera and Bruce Arians.

Wow. I was thinking McCarthy too, but then again he has the luxury of Rodgers. I'd also agree with Arians.

This old man has to hit the hay and dream about being young again. LOL. I'm always still young in my dreams.

I love it when I see those people I have loved that are passed on (and my pets) in my dreams and talk with them again. Maybe you didn't know this would be something you might do when you're old? But actually you do. It always feels very right too. Night.

G'night Jerzy. Have sweet dreams of Brady's Super Bowl demise :p
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Behind Belichick?
...Well...

Let me guess his name begins with a "P" and ends with a "N"?

I am shocked that the only one who got this was the Falcons fan.

Then again, I should not be. XD

I will say I was very skeptical of Dan Quinn when he first arrived in Atlanta. I realized I was very wrong about him.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Did you see Derek Carr this season? After Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger and Rodgers retire, he might be the best QB in the league.

Aren't you forgetting someone? And no I really didn't see them this year

Ryan really is, like, Top Ten at the very least. Even better than Manning, I might say. Carr is great, but he's only played one season.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Aren't you forgetting someone? And no I really didn't see them this year

You mean Marcus?

Derek Carr was brilliant this season though, really. Really fun to watch. If they can beef up their D a tiny bit more, that team will become terrifying. Actually, they already are.

I was thinking about a different QB, like Matty Ice.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Let me guess his name begins with a "P" and ends with a "N"?

I am shocked that the only one who got this was the Falcons fan.

I will say I was very skeptical of Dan Quinn when he first arrived in Atlanta. I realized I was very wrong about him.

Hey know thine enemy and all that.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:You mean Marcus?

Derek Carr was brilliant this season though, really. Really fun to watch. If they can beef up their D a tiny bit more, that team will become terrifying. Actually, they already are.

I was thinking about a different QB, like Matty Ice.

Boi he's got a few years left of greatness. Mariota's roadrailroad to glory has only begun, and its path runs right through whatever that new stadium that you guys are going to have will be called. Because that's where the superbowl will be soon.

I feel like Carr and Mariota are going to be a fun matchup in the next few seasons. Just a feeling. :P I mean come on, they're obviously linked by fate after getting the exact same injury in the same week.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Neo-Ixania
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Ixania » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Neo-Ixania wrote:
Some end up kings like Mario Lemieux. Others end up peasants like the rest of us like Antoine Walker.

All of them need to make good financial decisions after they get paid. Many don't. Cal Ripken is one rich SOB now.

Agreed. Surround yourself with good, sensible people, have something to fall back on, and keep your head straight.
Veteran of the Jolt Forums.
Monarch: Anastasia II, Empress of Ixania.
New Kereptica wrote:OOC: Because casus belli are for sissies.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I was thinking about a different QB, like Matty Ice.

Boi he's got a few years left of greatness. Mariota's roadrailroad to glory has only begun, and its path runs right through whatever that new stadium that you guys are going to have will be called. Because that's where the superbowl will be soon.

I feel like Carr and Mariota are going to be a fun matchup in the next few seasons. Just a feeling. :P I mean come on, they're obviously linked by fate after getting the exact same injury in the same week.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium and Super Bowl LIII will be in 2019
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Boi he's got a few years left of greatness. Mariota's roadrailroad to glory has only begun, and its path runs right through whatever that new stadium that you guys are going to have will be called. Because that's where the superbowl will be soon.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium and Super Bowl LIII will be in 2019

...But don't the Saints play in the Mercedes-Benz Super Dome?

That's kind of funny, actually.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Mercedes-Benz Stadium and Super Bowl LIII will be in 2019

...But don't the Saints play in the Mercedes-Benz Super Dome?

Yes they do. But this isn't a dome but a retractable roof. It's also a multipurpose stadium, Atlanta United FC will be playing there.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:...But don't the Saints play in the Mercedes-Benz Super Dome?

Yes they do. But this isn't a dome but a retractable roof. It's also a multipurpose stadium, Atlanta United FC will be playing there.

Aw coo. So Mercedes controls half the NFC South. Nissan needs to speed things up.
Lumi is my NS mom

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Yes they do. But this isn't a dome but a retractable roof. It's also a multipurpose stadium, Atlanta United FC will be playing there.

Aw coo. So Mercedes controls half the NFC South. Nissan needs to speed things up.

Well it's a licensing agreement with Mercedes for 20 years I think. The Falcons still own the place
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Aw coo. So Mercedes controls half the NFC South. Nissan needs to speed things up.

Well it's a licensing agreement with Mercedes for 20 years I think. The Falcons still own the place

But they have the stadium lol. That's all I meant.
Lumi is my NS mom

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Well it's a licensing agreement with Mercedes for 20 years I think. The Falcons still own the place

But they have the stadium lol. That's all I meant.

In name only, it's still operated by the Falcons and owned by the Georgia World Congress Center. It's a legal mess but I get what you meant
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:But they have the stadium lol. That's all I meant.

In name only, it's still operated by the Falcons and owned by the Georgia World Congress Center. It's a legal mess but I get what you meant

I mean, I only know Gillette because of the Patriots, lol. It's great marketing, really.
Lumi is my NS mom

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:39 pm

I just hope Bill Belichick and Tom Brady stomp Atlanta into the ground. I want complete domination, no survivors. All the practices filmed, the fire alarms tripped, and all the balls deflated. The whole thing, leave no rule unbent and no regulation unbroken, whatever it takes until they're defeated, :p

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I am shocked that the only one who got this was the Falcons fan.

Hey know thine enemy and all that.

Admit it, Sean Payton is a boss. ^^
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Maurepas wrote:I just hope Bill Belichick and Tom Brady stomp Atlanta into the ground. I want complete domination, no survivors. All the practices filmed, the fire alarms tripped, and all the balls deflated. The whole thing, leave no rule unbent and no regulation unbroken, whatever it takes until they're defeated, :p

*Random Patriots players just walk around breaking rules all day.*
*Gronk is openly filming the Falcons practicing on his iPhone.*
*Donta Hightower just walks through the building with multiple video cameras.*
*Goodell is about to blow a lid.*
*Brady takes a football and deflates it not even an ounce, feet away from Goodell.*
*Goodell bursts into flames and explodes.*
-Alan Jackson

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Maurepas wrote:I just hope Bill Belichick and Tom Brady stomp Atlanta into the ground. I want complete domination, no survivors. All the practices filmed, the fire alarms tripped, and all the balls deflated. The whole thing, leave no rule unbent and no regulation unbroken, whatever it takes until they're defeated, :p

*Random Patriots players just walk around breaking rules all day.*
*Gronk is openly filming the Falcons practicing on his iPhone.*
*Donta Hightower just walks through the building with multiple video cameras.*
*Goodell is about to blow a lid.*
*Brady takes a football and deflates it not even an ounce, feet away from Goodell.*
*Goodell bursts into flames and explodes.*

:p

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:53 pm

This...

is called a spoiler tag. We use them when the images we post are REALLY BIG. Try it.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:This...

is called a spoiler tag. We use them when the images we post are REALLY BIG. Try it.

Spoil sport, lol

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Neo-Ixania wrote:And if enough do that, the market gets written off and the team relocates - case in point, the Chargers moving to LA.

looooool. I didn't think anyone actually bought into Dean Spanos' nonsense.

The Chargers left because Dean Spanos wanted the relatively small city of San Diego to pony up $1 billion for a stadium while he was only gonna foot about $300 million of the tab.

Oh but I forgot—the Spanos family is worth over $8 billion.

So Deany Boy got upset, cried a lot, and then moved to LA—a city that doesn't even want them.

Idzequitch wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:OH REALLY

Wasn't really counting on Bell missing the whole game.
And also, we're at 17 now :)

Meh, garbage time touchdowns. Point remains, I didn't think Pittsburgh could crack 20 even with Bell.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Neo-Ixania wrote:And if enough do that, the market gets written off and the team relocates - case in point, the Chargers moving to LA.

looooool. I didn't think anyone actually bought into Dean Spanos' nonsense.

The Chargers left because Dean Spanos wanted the relatively small city of San Diego to pony up $1 billion for a stadium while he was only gonna foot about $300 million of the tab.

Oh but I forgot—the Spanos family is worth over $8 billion.

So Deany Boy got upset, cried a lot, and then moved to LA—a city that doesn't even want them.

Idzequitch wrote:Wasn't really counting on Bell missing the whole game.
And also, we're at 17 now :)

Meh, garbage time touchdowns. Point remains, I didn't think Pittsburgh could crack 20 even with Bell.

Obviously San Diego is hurt by having a horrible ownership group and also an unwilling county/city council who could've helped.

Also no offence but 17 without Bell, who was ruled out very early in the game, means that it could have gone more than 20 for sure with Bell? DeAngelo Williams isn't Bell and by all means a huge downgrade.

You stop being stupid would be great :P
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General