NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Mujahidah
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:
Because. He's gonna be good.

In what universe? Cause it sure ain't this one.

In this universe. Where do you get your info, Colin Cowherd?
Your friendly, quirky neighborhood muslim girl
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
Northern Davincia wrote:Can we engrave this in a plaque?
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Ah, m'lady, if I were a heathen I'd wed thee four times

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:
I want Mayfield but thats just a fantasy. There is no way the Patriots trade up that far. They aren't going to trade up for Rosen, either, to be fair.

Why would anyone WANT Mayfield? He's an overrated little punk with an attitude problem.

Because he looks to be the most effective proven playmaker in the draft. Darnold is a turnover machine, and Allen can't produce. Allen and Darnold are both 'prototypical' in build, and both have crippling deficiencies that, in most QBs, would make them undraftable, but for them, is looked over for some reason. Jackson doesn't have the arm, anticipation, pocket mobility(he has escapability, but he is reluctant to stay in the pocket when pressured), or poise for the pros. Because when the game is on the line, he will run. And everyone else runs a 4.4 now, too. Rosen put up solid numbers and looks like the best pure passer in the draft, but he also doesn't give off that exciting, explosive aura that Mayfield does. Mayfield doesn't have an attitude problem, he has passion. He wants to go at people on the other sideline, let him. He wants to put a flag in the opposing team's field? hell yeah. I love it, and any guy in the locker room would too.

I'm hesitant on Mayfield, personally, but don't ask, 'why would anyone want him,' because that's obvious.
Last edited by Ranoria on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:In what universe? Cause it sure ain't this one.

Does the name Johnny Manziel ring any bells? Cause that's what this little prick is. Johnny Football 2.0. A party happy douchebag who is gonna flame out the second he hits the pros.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

Does the name Johnny Manziel ring any bells? Cause that's what this little prick is. Johnny Football 2.0. A party happy douchebag who is gonna flame out the second he hits the pros.

This meme is bad. You should feel bad.
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

You would really do well to avoid saying things like "this little prick" and "a party happy douchebag." Getting in the habit here and one of these days you'll be slapped with warnings because you forgot and said them to one of the other posters here. It's simple civility.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Does the name Johnny Manziel ring any bells? Cause that's what this little prick is. Johnny Football 2.0. A party happy douchebag who is gonna flame out the second he hits the pros.

This meme is bad. You should feel bad.

I don't feel bad. He's an overrated asshole, plain and simple. Which is why I'm praying that Denver passes him over.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Does the name Johnny Manziel ring any bells? Cause that's what this little prick is. Johnny Football 2.0. A party happy douchebag who is gonna flame out the second he hits the pros.

You would really do well to avoid saying things like "this little prick" and "a party happy douchebag." Getting in the habit here and one of these days you'll be slapped with warnings because you forgot and said them to one of the other posters here. It's simple civility.

I'm not stupid. I'm not gonna call anyone here that.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:You would really do well to avoid saying things like "this little prick" and "a party happy douchebag." Getting in the habit here and one of these days you'll be slapped with warnings because you forgot and said them to one of the other posters here. It's simple civility.

I'm not stupid. I'm not gonna call anyone here that.

Then knock it off because it makes you look foolish.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I'm not stupid. I'm not gonna call anyone here that.

Then knock it off because it makes you look foolish.

The only foolish one in this conversation is Captain Nutgrabber Mccoptackled.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Then knock it off because it makes you look foolish.

The only foolish one in this conversation is Captain Nutgrabber Mccoptackled.

OMG! HE DID SOMETHING RUDE TO AN OPPONENT! HE GOT DRUNK IN PUBLIC! THE. FREAKING. HORROR!

This is no where near the level of Manziel, and Mayfields' ceiling is higher. Get off your high horse.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:The only foolish one in this conversation is Captain Nutgrabber Mccoptackled.

OMG! HE DID SOMETHING RUDE TO AN OPPONENT! HE GOT DRUNK IN PUBLIC! THE. FREAKING. HORROR!

This is no where near the level of Manziel, and Mayfields' ceiling is higher. Get off your high horse.

I'll ride my high horse til he goes all Ryan Leaf in the pros. He's got an attitude problem and it's gonna make his career short and mediocre.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

I'll ride my high horse til he goes all Ryan Leaf in the pros. He's got an attitude problem and it's gonna make his career short and mediocre.

Ahhh yes. Because one instance of Public Drunkenness equates to drug addiction. :roll:

Seriously, do you actually know anything, or do you just repeat Colin Cowherd so you can sound smart at parties?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
Ahhh yes. Because one instance of Public Drunkenness equates to drug addiction. :roll:

Ahhh yes, repeated instances of his bad attitude equates to an attitude problem. Remember that fella named Ryan Leaf? He had the exact same bad personality. Got wasted in Vegas, blew up at people and flamed out. Just like this kid is gonna.

Mujahidah wrote:Seriously, do you actually know anything, or do you just repeat Colin Cowherd so you can sound smart at parties?

I haven't listened to Colin Cowherd since he left ESPN. But if he's saying the same thing, then he's a smart fella.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

Ahhh yes, repeated instances of his bad attitude equates to an attitude problem. Remember that fella named Ryan Leaf? He had the exact same bad personality. Got wasted in Vegas, blew up at people and flamed out. Just like this kid is gonna.

Trash talk doesn't equate to flaming out of the NFL. I guess every NFL player that's ever trash-talked has been utter garbage. Oh wait. Thats wrong.

Whats surprising is this isn't even your dumbest opinion.

Mujahidah wrote:Seriously, do you actually know anything, or do you just repeat Colin Cowherd so you can sound smart at parties?

I haven't listened to Colin Cowherd since he left ESPN. But if he's saying the same thing, then he's a smart fella.

If having an opinion means agreeing with Colin Cowherd, its probably a really stupid opinion. This is no different.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
Trash talk doesn't equate to flaming out of the NFL. I guess every NFL player that's ever trash-talked has been utter garbage. Oh wait. Thats wrong.

And here comes the word twisting to try and keep traction. I didn't say trash talk was an issue. I said a bad attitude was an issue. There's a big difference between trash talk, and grabbing your nuts in front of a national television audience.

Mujahidah wrote:Whats surprising is this isn't even your dumbest opinion.

Hey, I'm not personally insulting you. Return the favor.

Mujahidah wrote:If having an opinion means agreeing with Colin Cowherd, its probably a really stupid opinion. This is no different.

I looked up this comment from Cowherd. And he's totally right. No video of Eli or Tom Brady running from cops...
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

And here comes the word twisting to try and keep traction. I didn't say trash talk was an issue. I said a bad attitude was an issue. There's a big difference between trash talk, and grabbing your nuts in front of a national television audience.

Because Marshawn Lynch was a horrible RB?

Mujahidah wrote:Whats surprising is this isn't even your dumbest opinion.

Hey, I'm not personally insulting you. Return the favor.

Apologies

Mujahidah wrote:If having an opinion means agreeing with Colin Cowherd, its probably a really stupid opinion. This is no different.

I looked up this comment from Cowherd. And he's totally right. No video of Eli or Tom Brady running from cops...

Because every NFL player has to be Tom Brady? I'm a Pats fan I love the guy. But not every good player behaves like Tom Brady.

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Drawkland » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Drawkland wrote:Hearing rumors that the Patriots are the team most interested in Lamar Jackson.

As a Chargers and a Louisville fan, this is the worst possible timeline.

I think they want Rosen, personally. Watch his film. He has a style VERY similar to Brady.

Well it's unlikely that Rosen will fall the far, as others have said. Which is probably why they're talking to Jackson, since he's likely going to be the best choice at QB available to them at their current pick (23rd I think, that they got from the Rams).

Chargers probably need to pick up a QB in this draft or the next, because you never know when Philip Rivers will finally croak, skill-wise. I doubt it'll be this draft though, since our run defense and parts of our offensive line still need tons of work (I think every single draft projection I've seen has us grabbing a D Tackle or a Guard with our first round pick, except for one I think that had us taking a safety).

Because in the end, if we want to compete for the playoffs this year, we need run stoppers. I think with Forrest Lamp not being injured this year and getting Mike Pouncey from the Dolphins in FA, our offensive line will be -good enough-, considering the massive improvements from last season compared to 2 seasons ago regarding Rivers being sacked or harassed in the pocket already. Our running back situation is good, wide receiver situation pretty good, and tight end situation, especially if we end up resigning Gates, will be very good. The corners and defensive ends are godly, so all we really need are run stopping defensive tackles and linebackers. Maybe safeties, although Tre Boston was pretty good last season.

But most importantly, we need a goddamn kicker.
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:40 am

Drawkland wrote:But most importantly, we need a goddamn kicker.

I don't think anyone NEEDS a kicker.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:46 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

You say that now.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:48 am

Mujahidah wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I don't think anyone NEEDS a kicker.

You say that now.

I always say that. If your game comes down to having to rely on the kicker, you did something wrong.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:49 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:
You say that now.

I always say that. If your game comes down to having to rely on the kicker, you did something wrong.

And yet time and again games are decided by three points...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:54 am

Mujahidah wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I always say that. If your game comes down to having to rely on the kicker, you did something wrong.

And yet time and again games are decided by three points...

Exactly my point.

It's been 20 years since Leaf was drafted. And I just think: What if San Diego got Manning instead? Peyton Manning would have been in the God-awful post Elway AFC West...I should thank Ryan Leaf if I ever meet him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Drawkland » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:
You say that now.

Yeah, but ultimately the game is decided by the amount of points you have at the end of the game, no matter how shitty you played beforehand. In a perfect world, yeah, you'll never need a kicker. But it isn't a perfect world.

If the Chargers had a competent kicker at the beginning of the season, they would've made the playoffs. That's an absolute fact. They went 9-7, if their kicker had made the kick at the end of the Dolphins game in Week 2, they'd have gone 10-6 and made the playoffs via wildcard.

Anyway, that's why they need a good kicker. They've lost too many games the last 2 years on special teams failures and the kicking situation is mainly to blame.
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Drawkland wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I always say that. If your game comes down to having to rely on the kicker, you did something wrong.

Yeah, but ultimately the game is decided by the amount of points you have at the end of the game, no matter how shitty you played beforehand. In a perfect world, yeah, you'll never need a kicker. But it isn't a perfect world.

If the Chargers had a competent kicker at the beginning of the season, they would've made the playoffs. That's an absolute fact. They went 9-7, if their kicker had made the kick at the end of the Dolphins game in Week 2, they'd have gone 10-6 and made the playoffs via wildcard.

Anyway, that's why they need a good kicker. They've lost too many games the last 2 years on special teams failures and the kicking situation is mainly to blame.

The MODs have good kickers. :geek:
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

No, honestly, I agree. The Chargers kicking game kept them out of the playoffs. It was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in my life, yet it's true.

Drawkland wrote:

The Cowboys game, too, wasn't it? Or did they not have a punter? Because I feel like they had to go for it on 4th down in the red zone like every drive.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General