NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:04 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Burfict lands 4 game suspension for juicing.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer asshole.

How many offenses does one have to rack up before they just boot you out of the league? He's never going to play by the rules.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:00 am

Luminesa wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Steelers release William Gay, Robert Golden, and Mike Mitchell.

Um... I know none of them was especially good, but Tomlin does know he has to put a secondary on the field, next season, right?

It's one thing to make the figurative observation that Pittsburgh has no secondary, it's quite another to literally have no corners or safeties on the roster. :P

You want Patrick Robinson? The Saints just signed him for some stupid reason.

He's a good slot corner, had 4 picks last season for Philly, and is generally solid in coverage. I'm aware that the saints have good outside corners, but Robinson makes it even harder to pass on them and, with Lattimore, helps this secondary be a turnover machine.

Besides, he had 8 picks in what was effectively 4 seasons in New Orleans. No matter what anyone says about guys ball-hawking and blowing coverage as a result, corners that can produce turnovers are a nice thing to have.

Also, Jets got the 3rd overall pick from the Colts for a trio of second round picks. Two this year, one next year.

I mean, are you joking Indianapolis? three second round picks for the THIRD OVERALL? That's actually disgusting.
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:03 am

Jets just swiped the #3 pick from Indy. I smell a QB in their future.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:09 am

Richard Sherman is such a stuck-up prick, goes for like 3 days saying that we ended on good terms and then turns around to bash Pete, the coach that got him to two super bowls had it not been for one play (also could go back to when the defense gave up a 3rd and 17).

Gonna draft Baldwin first pick in my draft next year just for the 49er games when he lights up Sherman for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 am

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:You want Patrick Robinson? The Saints just signed him for some stupid reason.

He's a good slot corner, had 4 picks last season for Philly, and is generally solid in coverage. I'm aware that the saints have good outside corners, but Robinson makes it even harder to pass on them and, with Lattimore, helps this secondary be a turnover machine.

Besides, he had 8 picks in what was effectively 4 seasons in New Orleans. No matter what anyone says about guys ball-hawking and blowing coverage as a result, corners that can produce turnovers are a nice thing to have.

Also, Jets got the 3rd overall pick from the Colts for a trio of second round picks. Two this year, one next year.

I mean, are you joking Indianapolis? three second round picks for the THIRD OVERALL? That's actually disgusting.

I'm trying to discern in which manner you think it's disgusting. It sounds to me like you think the Jets got the good deal here (though perhaps I misinterpret).

With the sixth pick in addition to three 2nd round picks, I'd say the Colts fleeced the Jets. That's a second round pick for each spot they moved up. (I've always thought those first few picks were ridiculously overpriced). And let's be honest, it's the Jets. Whoever's taken at #3 will likely be a bust.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 am

Kractero wrote:Richard Sherman is such a stuck-up prick, goes for like 3 days saying that we ended on good terms and then turns around to bash Pete, the coach that got him to two super bowls had it not been for one play (also could go back to when the defense gave up a 3rd and 17).

Gonna draft Baldwin first pick in my draft next year just for the 49er games when he lights up Sherman for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Eh, there were obviously issues in the first place, and we don't have the whole story.

But we all know Baldwin isn't lighting up Sherman like that. XD
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Jets just swiped the #3 pick from Indy. I smell a QB in their future.

I smell a serious burn in Buffalo. :lol:
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:02 pm

JPP and all 9 of his fingers are Tampa bound.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Mujahidah
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Patriots could use another corner....
Your friendly, quirky neighborhood muslim girl
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
Northern Davincia wrote:Can we engrave this in a plaque?
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Ah, m'lady, if I were a heathen I'd wed thee four times

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Mujahidah wrote:Patriots could use another corner....

It's really true. The patriots' defensive line could use a new one, as they need to keep it in tip-top shape, otherwise, they're going to collapse in games. Their games are going to become 64-65 kind of games without a good defensive line. They also need a good offensive line, otherwise, Brady will get his ass kicked, cause he can't run.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:41 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:JPP and all 9 of his fingers are Tampa bound.

This makes me think the giants ARE NOT going to select a qb, and will either trade down, or select a playmaker to gear up for a last run with Eli. Well probably a last 2 to 3 runs...

Mujahidah
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:43 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:Patriots could use another corner....

It's really true. The patriots' defensive line could use a new one, as they need to keep it in tip-top shape, otherwise, they're going to collapse in games. Their games are going to become 64-65 kind of games without a good defensive line. They also need a good offensive line, otherwise, Brady will get his ass kicked, cause he can't run.

Brady has made it work with worse O-Lines than what we are likely to be seeing this season. He's not a runner but he's got some good mobility in the pocket - better, actually, than when he first came into the league, despite his age. D-Line they've picked some people up. They also added the other McCourty to the secondary but I still feel like they're gonna need someone else. We saw how atrocious it was without Butler. Could McCourty fill the role? Perhaps. I just would like to see someone else come in too.
Your friendly, quirky neighborhood muslim girl
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
Northern Davincia wrote:Can we engrave this in a plaque?
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Ah, m'lady, if I were a heathen I'd wed thee four times

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Mike Wallace is on the move again.

If he is finally healthy this could be a great pickup.

I always like the way he could stretch the field.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Giants just traded jpp.

What the fuck?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:21 pm

2 days of visitations for Mr. B have been completed at the Notre Dame Seminary and tomorrow will be his funeral. There will be a Second Line to follow.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:You want Patrick Robinson? The Saints just signed him for some stupid reason.

Robinson in New Orleans was useless. I only hope he’s improved as you say he has.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:08 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:2 days of visitations for Mr. B have been completed at the Notre Dame Seminary and tomorrow will be his funeral. There will be a Second Line to follow.

Man I’d join that Second Line so fast. Rest In Peace, once again, Mr. Benson. Your city loved you a ton.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 pm

*sigh* Da Bears...

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Luminesa wrote:AND THE WHO DAT NATION SHALL RISE AGAIN!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

They are going to be cleaning house in order to pay for Drew's contract.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:*sigh* Da Bears...

Are going to suck, once again?
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:*sigh* Da Bears...

Are going to suck, once again?

Ergo, the sigh. But I'm a loyal fan. I was raised one and I shall die one. And mark my words, it's a family tradition, but they shall win a superbowl once in my lifetime, just as they have my dad and grandfather before me.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Pope Joan wrote:
Luminesa wrote:AND THE WHO DAT NATION SHALL RISE AGAIN!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Actually, with roughly half of the money being guaranteed, it cleared a lot off money up in the salary cap. We've retained several key players from last season.

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:34 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Pope Joan wrote:

Actually, with roughly half of the money being guaranteed, it cleared a lot off money up in the salary cap. We've retained several key players from last season.

My unreliable sources say 2 of these will be released somehow: Coleman, Snead, Vaccaro,
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:26 pm

Pope Joan wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:

My unreliable sources say 2 of these will be released somehow: Coleman, Snead, Vaccaro,

There's still time left for free agency, well we'll see what happens. But Snead was injury prone for more than half the year.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Pope Joan wrote:

At least you're not the Giants, on a mission to gut your defence and o-line.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General