NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Screw it man, Tennessee doesn't win this one by a couple scores, then they don't deserve playoffs.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:25 pm

If AB is injured, out for the season... AFC championship is Jags @ Pats. What a shitty conference.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Maineiacs wrote:Congratulations to the NFC North Champion Minnesota Vikings! :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv0XGMCeU-I

Skol! We really earned it this year. We've got a great team.
Pope Joan wrote:
Kohr wrote:So much for Aaron Rodgers' triumphant return.

Got to be at least some rust there, be patient.

Yeah, but it'll be too late for their playoff hopes. 9-7 won't cut it in the NFC.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Last time Seahawks were losing this bad at home, their QB was Matt Hasselback
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Those three beautiful words: Tom Brady interception.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Val Halla wrote:If AB is injured, out for the season... AFC championship is Jags @ Pats. What a shitty conference.

Bet that and lose your money. The Pats are going down.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Ranoria wrote:Screw it man, Tennessee doesn't win this one by a couple scores, then they don't deserve playoffs.

Are they even going to win it?

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Val Halla wrote:If AB is injured, out for the season... AFC championship is Jags @ Pats. What a shitty conference.

Bet that and lose your money. The Pats are going down.

Nah. Jags are better than Pittsburgh. We saw that earlier in the season, and that was with AB.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Neither of those two teams will make the AFC Championship. And what the hell is with this 'what a shitty conference' crap all season long? Seriously, I get that the NFC has been good this year, but the AFC still has two absolute powerhouse teams (Steelers, Patriots). What does the NFC have? An exciting Eagles squad that lost their quarterback, a Rams team who's record will be as good as that of the Jaguars' by the end of the game, the Panthers have an inflated af record. So the NFC is overall better than the AFC this year, in terms of contenders, maybe, but you could also say the AFC has some actual parity this year as compared to seasons past, and I think we can all say that, in most years, the AFC is much stronger.

Not to mention, in the last 4 years, the AFC has won the super bowl.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:20 pm

This is why the fake spike belongs to Dan Marino, and Dan Marino alone.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Boom!!

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Damn it, Pittsburgh! You had one job! >:(
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Ranoria wrote:

Neither of those two teams will make the AFC Championship. And what the hell is with this 'what a shitty conference' crap all season long? Seriously, I get that the NFC has been good this year, but the AFC still has two absolute powerhouse teams (Steelers, Patriots). What does the NFC have? An exciting Eagles squad that lost their quarterback, a Rams team who's record will be as good as that of the Jaguars' by the end of the game, the Panthers have an inflated af record. So the NFC is overall better than the AFC this year, in terms of contenders, maybe, but you could also say the AFC has some actual parity this year as compared to seasons past, and I think we can all say that, in most years, the AFC is much stronger.

That is pretty much on target. Val has this issue with the Jags. Val won't admit they are that good. Well, they are that good.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Maineiacs wrote:Damn it, Pittsburgh! You had one job! >:(

I think you mean replay officials

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:25 pm

They lost in excruciating fashion. It actually reminded me of the Ravens 39-38 loss to the Steelers. Eerily similar.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:27 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:

I think you mean replay officials

They called it right. The rule is what's fucked up. Remember Megatron years ago? Then there was the Dez Bryant catch in the playoffs versus the Pack. Same deal.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

They lost in excruciating fashion. It actually reminded me of the Ravens 39-38 loss to the Steelers. Eerily similar.

I'm not even a Steelers fan, I just wanted someone to knock those arrogant cheaters on their ass.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Neither of those two teams will make the AFC Championship. And what the hell is with this 'what a shitty conference' crap all season long? Seriously, I get that the NFC has been good this year, but the AFC still has two absolute powerhouse teams (Steelers, Patriots). What does the NFC have? An exciting Eagles squad that lost their quarterback, a Rams team who's record will be as good as that of the Jaguars' by the end of the game, the Panthers have an inflated af record. So the NFC is overall better than the AFC this year, in terms of contenders, maybe, but you could also say the AFC has some actual parity this year as compared to seasons past, and I think we can all say that, in most years, the AFC is much stronger.

That is pretty much on target. Val has this issue with the Jags. Val won't admit they are that good. Well, they are that good.

I think the point is that while you have 3 pretty good teams, we have about 7 or 8. Parity aside, the vast majority of your teams are mediocre, and your Superbowl contenders are the ones we've seen year after year (besides the only holdout in Jacksonville). Even if you do win the Superbowl again, it only shows that you have the league's best team, and doesn't really say anything about the rest of your conference.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:33 pm

The Seahawks again?
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

I'm not even a Steelers fan, I just wanted someone to knock those arrogant cheaters on their ass.

Thing is that the Steelers are bigger cheaters

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm

I change the channel to watch the new Adventure Time, and Pittsburgh blows it in that small frame of time. Schmucks.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:49 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

Thing is that the Steelers are bigger cheaters

I really would take that site with a grain of salt given their BS "scandals" they have listed for some of the teams.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Kohr wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

I think the point is that while you have 3 pretty good teams, we have about 7 or 8. Parity aside, the vast majority of your teams are mediocre, and your Superbowl contenders are the ones we've seen year after year (besides the only holdout in Jacksonville). Even if you do win the Superbowl again, it only shows that you have the league's best team, and doesn't really say anything about the rest of your conference.

I think you are way overboard. You may have to eat those words. Keep some salt and pepper handy. Remember, lol, the AFC is burdened with absorbing those Browns losses.

Nice to see the 49ers demonstrate a decent QB can turn things around in a hurry. Pats traded him to a team they only play once every 4 years. Shrewd.
Last edited by Baltimore-Ravens on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Kohr wrote:I think the point is that while you have 3 pretty good teams, we have about 7 or 8. Parity aside, the vast majority of your teams are mediocre, and your Superbowl contenders are the ones we've seen year after year (besides the only holdout in Jacksonville). Even if you do win the Superbowl again, it only shows that you have the league's best team, and doesn't really say anything about the rest of your conference.

I think you are way overboard. You may have to eat those words. Keep some salt and pepper handy. Remember, lol, the AFC is burdened with absorbing those Browns losses.

Nice to see the 49ers demonstrate a decent QB can turn things around in a hurry. Pats traded him to a team they only play once every 4 years. Shrewd.

We will see... Oh yes, we will see...

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:53 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:Thing is that the Steelers are bigger cheaters

I really would take that site with a grain of salt given their BS "scandals" they have listed for some of the teams.

It's internet trash.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General