NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Partybus wrote:
The local ESPN guy said "That was a bad win for the 49ers, and a good loss for the Giants" I LOL'ed

He's obviously bucking for a better paying job working for ESPN's parent company (Disney) in fantasy productions. :p

Draft picks. The giants are now the worst team in football

Well they have been since the season began but you get the idea.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
He's obviously bucking for a better paying job working for ESPN's parent company (Disney) in fantasy productions. :p

Draft picks. The giants are now the worst team in football

Tied for 2nd worse. Nice for the Jets fans. Pats fans loving it too. Who do the Browns beat to put NYG in running for top pick (and messing it up)?
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Elliot has finally given up on this whole thing. Not gonna appeal any longer.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Elliot has finally given up on this whole thing. Not gonna appeal any longer.

Of course. Any longer and he'd be rusty for the playoffs
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Elliot has finally given up on this whole thing. Not gonna appeal any longer.
Good freakin riddance
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Draft picks. The giants are now the worst team in football

Tied for 2nd worse. Nice for the Jets fans. Pats fans loving it too. Who do the Browns beat to put NYG in running for top pick (and messing it up)?
Bengals, Ravens, Bears, Packers. Chargers
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Now that the Bills have benched Taylor, who did okay overall, I hope they lose out the rest of the way.

10 TD and 3 INT was not good enough to overcome the fact that he was not white.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/tw ... ri1pmc6ds9

As McCoy said, the guy made plays, he made things happen.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-b ... _much.html
Last edited by Pope Joan on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Pope Joan wrote:Now that the Bills have benched Taylor, who did okay overall, I hope they lose out the rest of the way.

Oh please. This isn’t some anti-black thing. McDermott never complained about having Cam Newton (I know he was D, but he didn’t have to be there). It’s just plain stupidity. Taylor’s always gotten an unfairly bad rap for some reason. It isn’t one they gave Drew Brees. Not comparing the two, besides being at least decent QBs on bad teams (not that the Saints are anymore)

They won’t lose out with Peterman. If they’re that bad, Taylor or someone else will return
Last edited by Fauxia on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Bills have treated Tyrod Taylor shittily for a while now.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Draft picks. The giants are now the worst team in football

They play the Giants later this season lol.
Pope Joan wrote:Now that the Bills have benched Taylor, who did okay overall, I hope they lose out the rest of the way.

Oh my god. Don't. Please, don't.

Is the benching stupid? Yes, hell yes it's stupid. But at the same time, don't pull the race card, because these guys don't give a damn about your race if you play well. And Tyrod was having a HORRIBLE outing. Peterman came in and had 79 yards, went 7/10, 1 TD to Tyrod's 9/18, 58 yards (fact check me on his yards, but its close), and 1 INT.

Yes, there's the factor of the defense softening up a bit, but at the same time, why not give their rookie a shot if they think he can outplay Taylor? Do I think Tyrod should have the starting job? Yes. Do I think he's a franchise QB? No, not quite, so why not see what they have in their rookie QB?
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:47 am

...Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are both black? Neither of them have been condescended, or denied opportunities, in any way, because of their skin color? Taylor did awful against New Orleans, so they benched him. At least his own crowd didn’t boo him *looks at Brock Osweiler*.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:33 am

This Week in Sportsball

This guy is hilarious, and I love him. He reviews each week of the NFL.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:23 am

Ranoria wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

They play the Giants later this season lol.

LOL indeed.

Uhhhh... NOPE. AFC North teams play the NFC Central in 2017. No Browns vs. Giants game this season. What a relief. Did you think they might have changed divisions? :p

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:05 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:This Week in Sportsball

I have found a new favorite thing.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:18 am

That's a subscription.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Luminesa wrote:

...Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are both black? Neither of them have been condescended, or denied opportunities, in any way, because of their skin color? Taylor did awful against New Orleans, so they benched him. At least his own crowd didn’t boo him *looks at Brock Osweiler*.

Exactly this.

Of course, the whole Denver QB situation is derived from the fact that Manning left us with 4 wonderful years, 2 SB appearances and a ring before heading back to sunset over the Smoky Mountains. IT's the repetition of what happened after Elway did the same in 1998.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Ranoria wrote:They play the Giants later this season lol.

LOL indeed.

Uhhhh... NOPE. AFC North teams play the NFC Central in 2017. No Browns vs. Giants game this season. What a relief. Did you think they might have changed divisions? :p

NFC North?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Hmm. Hopefully he gets ciUT and the jets pick him up. He could be a long term solution for them.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Kohr wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
LOL indeed.

NFC North?

Damn your good. Yes. That one. I mysteriously changed divisions. LOL.

Actually if we went back to the ancient NFL Eastern Division prior to the merger (1950-1970), the Browns and Giants were always together in that division.
EDIT: In 1967 it was renamed a conference divided into two divisions, Capitol and Century Divisions. Browns & Giants were both in the Century Divisions. The Western Conference divisions were named Coastal and Central. I really must grade these divisional names with a "C" minus.

We just need that always elusive time machine. ;)
Last edited by Baltimore-Ravens on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

Hmm. Hopefully he gets ciUT and the jets pick him up. He could be a long term solution for them.

The Browns would have a chance to nab him first ...to teach Kizer a thing or two. Browns management might whiff on it though. Whiffed on Carson Wentz, that's for sure.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:46 pm

YAAAAHS, I love this guy! I haven't watched this one yet, and I didn't click on the link, but everything he does is wonderful! Personally, my favorite piece of his is the one on the Browns. XD
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm watching Steelers-Titans on NBC, and they seem to be angling down the field instead of across it for many of the plays. They now even have different down graphics for this setup. Maybe I'm just allergic to change, but I don't like it at all.
Last edited by Kohr on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Steelers have arguably the best touchdown celebrations in the NFL.
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Kohr wrote:I'm watching Steelers-Titans on NBC, and they seem to be angling down the field instead of across it for many of the plays. They now even have different down graphics for this setup. Maybe I'm just allergic to change, but I don't like it at all.

Yeah, they're trying out a the skycam view, (announced it a few times) normally used for replays. I don't like it either.

In other news, I'm done with Mariota. You know what? Seriously, what the hell. I know I've been saying that he's playing better than his stats show, and until this game, that was true. Was he a top 20 QB? Eh, no, but he was doing what he had to do. This is just embarrassing. All three of those picks were his fault.

1-An overthrow that my JV QB could have made as a freshman.
2-Curl route. You never throw a curl AFTER the break. I KNOW THAT. He did, and not only that, he waited for the corner to start coming back before throwing it.
3-Was it tipped? Yes. But at the same time, it should have been picked before that.

He looks like a fucking deer in headlights out there. He's missed throws, he looks like a freshman college quarterback. Get him off the field. I'm done with this garbage. He's horrible. And this isn't a one-game reaction, he's sucked all year, and our entire offense is suffering because the whole NFL knows that he can't throw the damn ball. I don't know what happened. Last year, he went from an above average QB (And, through a 4-6 week stretch, would have been a legit MVP candidate), to this horrible, Cody Kessler-esque play. Freaking Money Manziel was better than he's been playing, and significantly.

But hey, at least I started Big Ben in fantasy.
Lumi is my NS mom

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

The Titans should sign him. He would not throw up those INTs the way Mariota is doing.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General