NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Have you not heard of the NFL-USFL war he made and then after USFL collapsed he tried to buy the Bills? The owners would never have approved the transfer

He forced the collapse by insisting the anti-trust lawsuit go forward. The USFL was a spring pro league, Ran. Trump (owner of the NJ Generals) talked them into moving to the fall and going directly up against the NFL. The fledgling league wasn't ready for the fall competition but it had a legal case. The NFL actually lost but the jury flubbed the award bc they didn't know how much to award. Some woman on the jury told the others in deliberation to award one dollar and later the judge could determine the correct amount, which was dead wrong. So the award was $1 trebled to $3. End of USFL.

I always wondered if that woman was in the bag for the NFL from the start as a last line of defense. Why would she even suggest such a thing. Anyway, that's why the NFL hates Trump bc he was behind the suit.
Yeah, I know that story, don’t worry
12x Issue Author
2x SC Author
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Freemasons, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, the Freemasons or any other organization. Unless I say they do, I suppose.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:59 pm

> When Jerry Jones and I agree with something.

Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Luminesa wrote:

> When Jerry Jones and I agree with something.

Hey! Even Jerry Jones agrees with kneeling and whatnot, so there you go....
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Have you not heard of the NFL-USFL war he made and then after USFL collapsed he tried to buy the Bills? The owners would never have approved the transfer

He forced the collapse by insisting the anti-trust lawsuit go forward. The USFL was a spring pro league, Ran. Trump (owner of the NJ Generals) talked them into moving to the fall and going directly up against the NFL. The fledgling league wasn't ready for the fall competition but it had a legal case. The NFL actually lost but the jury flubbed the award bc they didn't know how much to award. Some woman on the jury told the others in deliberation to award one dollar and later the judge could determine the correct amount, which was dead wrong. So the award was $1 trebled to $3. End of USFL.

I always wondered if that woman was in the bag for the NFL from the start as a last line of defense. Why would she even suggest such a thing. Anyway, that's why the NFL hates Trump bc he was behind the suit.

...I was a Trump supporter. I now despise him.

Also, I do remember saying at some point that Watson was the only QB in this draft who had a shot at being good. I still have my doubts, but he's performing unbelievably well right now, making the NFL look too easy, to be quite honest.

Also, about all the above stuff: I used to be a Trump supporter...now I despise him.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:13 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:
Luminesa wrote:> When Jerry Jones and I agree with something.

Hey! Even Jerry Jones agrees with kneeling and whatnot, so there you go....

Only because he said he’d fire anyone who kneeled, and then probably realized how that would backfire. Also because he loves money too much to sacrifice his ticket-sales.
-Alan Jackson

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Just dropping in to say cheers to an ugly win in Detroit! That JuJu catch was something though. If we could get our crap together against the likes of Chicago and Jacksonville, I would almost be optimistic about our SB chances this season.

Until next time, Go Steelers!
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

...I was a Trump supporter. I now despise him.

Also, I do remember saying at some point that Watson was the only QB in this draft who had a shot at being good. I still have my doubts, but he's performing unbelievably well right now, making the NFL look too easy, to be quite honest.

Also, about all the above stuff: I used to be a Trump supporter...now I despise him.

Everyday more and more people are coming to their senses. There's hope for 'Murica.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:24 pm

Luminesa wrote:5-2 SON.

5-GAME STREAK.

AIN’T NO PARTY LIKE A WHO-DAT PARTY CAUSE A WHO-DAT PARTY DON’T STOP.

Just wait till you actually have to play someone
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:24 pm

Idzequitch wrote:Just dropping in to say cheers to an ugly win in Detroit! That JuJu catch was something though. If we could get our crap together against the likes of Chicago and Jacksonville, I would almost be optimistic about our SB chances this season.

Until next time, Go Steelers!

Getting your crap together against the likes of Tom Brady and Belichick is where your guys need to focus. Though you could run into Jax again.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:5-2 SON.

5-GAME STREAK.

AIN’T NO PARTY LIKE A WHO-DAT PARTY CAUSE A WHO-DAT PARTY DON’T STOP.

Just wait till you actually have to play someone

> Played the Panthers, Lions, and Packers.
> “Someone” lost to the Buffalo Bills.

:lol2:
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Just wait till you actually have to play someone

Packers without Rodgers, Lions and Panthers are unproven.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:56 pm

I would like it if people would quit hitting our (the Chief's) recievers in the head.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Just wait till you actually have to play someone

You realize the Bills are also 5-2, right? I can’t tell you it definitely won’t be 2011, when a 5-2 Bills team (that had beaten the Patriots no less) collapsed to finish 6-10.
12x Issue Author
2x SC Author
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Freemasons, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, the Freemasons or any other organization. Unless I say they do, I suppose.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:> Played the Panthers, Lions, and Packers.

You realize the Bills are also 5-2, right? I can’t tell you it definitely won’t be 2011, when a 5-2 Bills team (that had beaten the Patriots no less) collapsed to finish 6-10.

Look, I think there's definitely room for optimism, but while the defense looks to have improved the last few weeks, look who they were playing: Green Bay, Chicago, Miami, Detroit. They allowed a nice total of 29 agaist GB and da bears, but 38 against the Lions. They shut down an inconsistent Cam Newton-led squad that has zero rushing attack, and they got dominated by Tom Brady.

I can easily see them allowing 120+ during the coming sleight (Tampa Bay, Rams, Bills, Skins), and then playing Atlanta twice in their final four will be tough. Besides that, I'd love to see that run game prove to be as good as it has been against Gerald McCoy, Aaron Donald, and the Bills D.
Last edited by Ranoria on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Oh wow, Peters with an interception to add with his forced fumble recover already.

CHIIIIIEEEEFFFFFFFSSSSSS!!!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Watch the game or my recording of Lucifer?
*Score is 14-0 and first thing I see is an interception*
Lucifer it is.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Titans need to beat Baltimore to keep pace with the Jags, who will more than likely dominate the Bungals this week.
Lumi is my NS mom

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Oh man, that was a silly play.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Now you see why I've been complaining about Siemian all season long.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:> Played the Panthers, Lions, and Packers.

DARN IT DON’T SAY THAT. *Smacks lightly.*
-Alan Jackson

Trioad
Attaché

Founded: Mar 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trioad » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:24 pm

packer fan here I might just forget the next 7-8 weeks
# colin kaepernick maybe

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:45 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Now you see why I've been complaining about Siemian all season long.

He's been playing good the second half.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Jimmy G to the Niners. That could be a big move for Shanahan, but at the same time, I doubt he'll do anything. Just look at Matt Cassel.
Lumi is my NS mom

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General