NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Feria-Alkaline wrote:Yep, the Colts aren't getting anywhere... Luck still unsure, 2-4 record, against the Jaguars...

*supports team because in 3rd grade we were asked to put a sticker on the logo of the team we liked and the Colts were the most sky-blue so I went with them*

*still roots for the Colts even though I know they have no chance*

*regrets 3rd-grade me's life choices*

Every team has bad years, and this season's not even half done yet.
Last edited by Kohr on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Kohr wrote:
Feria-Alkaline wrote:Yep, the Colts aren't getting anywhere... Luck still unsure, 2-4 record, against the Jaguars...

*supports team because in 3rd grade we were asked to put a sticker on the logo of the team we liked and the Colts were the most sky-blue so I went with them*

*still roots for the Colts even though I know they have no chance*

*regrets 3rd-grade me's life choices*

Every team has bad years, and this season's not even half done yet.

Very true. I have liked how Jacoby Brissett has been playing, perhaps as he gets more experience a crazy playoff run could happen? The AFC south is notoriously up for grabs.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Hmm, so tackling tyreek hill by the goddamn helmet and ripping it off isn't worth a goddamn call? Do you fucking jobs refs.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:42 pm

The fucking officiating its goddamn atrocious.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Officiating is still bad, but now a call didn't get called Oakland's way. Weird.

Tenburg
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenburg » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Trollgaard wrote:Hmm, so tackling tyreek hill by the goddamn helmet and ripping it off isn't worth a goddamn call? Do you fucking jobs refs.

Still not as bad as Morelli's crew last week. Nowhere close.
I offer only slanderous mockeries!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Ha ha. 2 in a row.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 pm

What a game i guess. Ffs. I'm done.

edit: Our (the chiefs) D fucking sucks.
Last edited by Trollgaard on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Trollgaard wrote:What a game i guess. Ffs. I'm done.

Yum, the delicious tears. Told you this was Denver's division.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Yum, the delicious tears. Told you this was Denver's division.

At least we didn't lose to the 0-5 giants.

Good game Raiders, you got one. You won't get the second.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 pm

That was absolutely insane. Your D doesn’t stink, you just got penalties at the end that were just REALLY badly-timed. It happens. Great game though, I enjoyed that even more than I thought I would.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Luminesa wrote:

That was absolutely insane. Your D doesn’t stink, you just got penalties at the end that were just REALLY badly-timed. It happens. Great game though, I enjoyed that even more than I thought I would.

Our Defense is the worst I've ever seen it. Sutton (our Defensive coordinator) had been shitting the bed since week one. KC is generally a team known for pass rush. This year has been absolute trash. Sutton needs to be aggressive and unleash Houston. This bend don't break defense is garbage, as proved losing to the goddamn Oakland Raiders, a team we have owned since 2013.

Sutton needs to change up the game plan or his ass should be gone. Bring in Rex Ryan.

I am so pissed off about this goddamn loss. Terrible calls all game long, to both sides, so perhaps in fairness that should a wash, and the worst defensive performance I have seen since we were blown out by the Steelers last year. Absolute fucking garbage. I don't expect shutting down teams every game, or winning every game, but I expect the defense to make a goddamn stop, and to show the fuck up when playing the damn Raiders, of all the teams in the league.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
Luminesa wrote:That was absolutely insane. Your D doesn’t stink, you just got penalties at the end that were just REALLY badly-timed. It happens. Great game though, I enjoyed that even more than I thought I would.

Our Defense is the worst I've ever seen it. Sutton (our Defensive coordinator) had been shitting the bed since week one. KC is generally a team known for pass rush. This year has been absolute trash. Sutton needs to be aggressive and unleash Houston. This bend don't break defense is garbage, as proved losing to the goddamn Oakland Raiders, a team we have owned since 2013.

Sutton needs to change up the game plan or his ass should be gone. Bring in Rex Ryan.

I am so pissed off about this goddamn loss. Terrible calls all game long, to both sides, so perhaps in fairness that should a wash, and the worst defensive performance I have seen since we were blown out by the Steelers last year. Absolute fucking garbage. I don't expect shutting down teams every game, or winning every game, but I expect the defense to make a goddamn stop, and to show the fuck up when playing the damn Raiders, of all the teams in the league.

Ahhhh, don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re still 5-2 and sitting pretty at the top of the conference, Alex Smith was awesome, all your D needs is a little discipline and to yes. UNLEASH HOUSTON.

CAUSE IF YA’LL DON’T WANT HIM NEW ORLEANS WANTS HIM. :lol: :hug:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:

Ahhhh, don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re still 5-2 and sitting pretty at the top of the conference, Alex Smith was awesome, all your D needs is a little discipline and to yes. UNLEASH HOUSTON.

Soon to be 5-11 with this defensive scheme of allowing the opposing offense to do whatever it wants. You might as well take Houston, we aren't using him.
Last edited by Trollgaard on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 am

Luminesa wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:

Remember when we were 5-0 and alone at the top last year? Kansas City is a lot better than we were, but still...

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:

With the league moving a team into gambling capital Las Vegas (the Raiders) any appearance "the fix is in" is now magnified greatly IMHO.
They should seriously shore up the officiating, it's pathetic. Start dumping the trash refs like getting rid of Walt Coleman and Walt Anderson plus a couple others. Hey, any other nominations for garbage dump officials?
Make the good ones full time employees of a separate transparent entity and have them schooled better on the rules.
Also monthly eye exams, actual eye glasses and some fitness requirements.
Also live lie detector test results shown on the stadium's big screen for when they make calls on mike. Fans want an honest answer in real time. lol
Last edited by Baltimore-Ravens on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Can't find the college football thread, so I'll just RP it here.

Dang that Notre Dame offence against USC. Just glorious.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:18 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Can't find the college football thread, so I'll just RP it here.

Dang that Notre Dame offence against USC. Just glorious.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=388674
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Loreaver
Secretary

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Loreaver » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:28 am

Looking forward to the Purple Clash today. Despite their record, Baltimore is tough, but I think Minnesota is gonna bear hug 'em into submission. XD

Hope its a good game all around.

Bhikkustan
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 am

Loreaver wrote:Looking forward to the Purple Clash today. Despite their record, Baltimore is tough, but I think Minnesota is gonna bear hug 'em into submission. XD

Agreed, though I hpe that the Ravens can pick it up. I feel our record doesn't do us justice at this point.
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
illegible nutrition enthousiast - nomadism or barbarism
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:18 am

Loreaver wrote:Looking forward to the Purple Clash today. Despite their record, Baltimore is tough, but I think Minnesota is gonna bear hug 'em into submission. XD

And let's hope for no injuries. We're all sick of those.

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:19 am

I wonder which form of the Steelers will show up today
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:15 am

Ravens-Vikings is a field goal fest. We have a 9-6 lead at the half. No one's even been in the red zone.
Last edited by Kohr on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loreaver
Secretary

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Loreaver » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:21 am

Golly, only reason the Ravens are even close is thanks to some bad reffing on both sides. :o

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:51 am

Typical Kai Forbath. He's consistently awesome at making field goals, but can't make extra points. I believe that's 6 extra point misses now, compared to only 1 FG miss.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General