NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 am

Ranoria wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
I did edit the post somewhat. Your response was quick.
Listen, parents (of which I am one) are going to steer their kids away from this sport if it maintains it's current form. That's the hit I am talking about for football in general.
Ratings are down last season and this one so far and maybe this CTE deal is a part of the reason. Time will tell.

You don't doubt this is an epic tragedy, do you? Aaron Hernandez was probably not sane when he killed these people. He was suffering from severe brain damage.
He is now also a victim of what is the real culprit, many repeated hits to the head. How do you fix that and keep football as is?

I don't think parents, for the most part, are going to do that though. Granted, I'm not a parent, I don't plan on being one in the near future (fingers crossed), and perhaps you're right about the ratings thing. But I don't think this has much to do with it, unless perhaps parents, as you somewhat ish said, want less exposure for their children.

And no, I do understand that this is awful. I don't want to go mentally insane because of playing a sport that I love, and anyone dying, especially like this, is horrible. But I also wouldn't sacrifice what football has done for me, personally, if it took forty years off my life, and I mean that wholeheartedly. I would not be who I am today, or anywhere near it, without football. And that's what I'm saying when I say that I don't think people will quit playing football.

As you know I am a big fan of the game, but I never look past indisputable facts even if they might undermine my own wants and desires. That is wisdom.
I hope the game can address this adequately enough to save itself from these horrible facts about the prevalence and seriousness of CTE. The ramifications are now medically undeniable.

As for what parents want (or even more broadly decent people) is to not see children hurt in traumatically irreversible ways which are obviously quite preventable.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Lumi

Guess who came in to where I work?

Come on, guess.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Hey, but on the bright side they've never won a SB, Lum. The Falcons are 0-2. Both shameful affairs though in different aspects. New Orleans is 1-0.

At least you are not in a division like the AFC North with some team that is 6-2 in SBs, (although 4 of those wins happened while dinosaurs still roamed the Earth). :lol:

*grumble grumble*
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:54 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Hey, but on the bright side they've never won a SB, Lum. The Falcons are 0-2. Both shameful affairs though in different aspects. New Orleans is 1-0.

At least you are not in a division like the AFC North with some team that is 6-2 in SBs, (although 4 of those wins happened while dinosaurs still roamed the Earth). :lol:

*grumble grumble*

Your good news is that the Falcons are IMHO most likely to win it from the NFC this year. The Saints aren't doing anything in 2017. Atlanta is the most complete team right now in the NFC. They roared through the conference playoffs last year. What they did to the Pack last Sunday showed they haven't lost any mo-jo in the conference. Later when they go play the game in NE we shall know more.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:09 am

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:*grumble grumble*

Your good news is that the Falcons are IMHO most likely to win it from the NFC this year. The Saints aren't doing anything in 2017. Atlanta is the most complete team right now in the NFC. They roared through the conference playoffs last year. What they did to the Pack last Sunday showed they haven't lost any mo-jo in the conference. Later when they go play the game in NE we shall know more.

If we crush NE I will be super happy. I think I might explode from happiness
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

If we crush NE I will be super happy. I think I might explode from happiness

Be sure to plan out your detonation in advance. Make sure there are lots of topical dressings and surgical gauze for those impacted by your shrapnel. ;)

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Hmm.
Baltimore plays the Bengals twice, the Jaguars and the Lions this season. Wow... we sure are getting a lot of pussy this year! :clap:

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:55 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Hmm.
Baltimore plays the Bengals twice, the Jaguars and the Lions this season. Wow... we sure are getting a lot of pussy this year! :clap:

And wins. Those should all be wins.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:05 am

Kohr wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Hmm.

And wins. Those should all be wins.

Losing 10-0 already to Jags. The Ravens are aZzzzzzzzzzleep.

EDIT: 30-0 Jags, third quarter. This will be worst defeat in franchise history and probably the last game they ever play in London for a long long time.
Last edited by Baltimore-Ravens on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:43 am

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Kohr wrote:And wins. Those should all be wins.

EDIT: 30-0 Jags, third quarter. This will be worst defeat in franchise history and probably the last game they ever play in London for a long long time.

Okay for god's sake, can we just NOT lose to the Jagaurs, like, at all? There's still time to come back!
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:55 am

Ranoria wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

Okay for god's sake, can we just NOT lose to the Jagaurs, like, at all? There's still time to come back!

No there isn't. They ran a fake punt on 4th down up 37-0 for 59 yards. On some future day at Baltimore they will regret that.
44-0 and counting so do an onside kick. Maybe then they'll do a flea flicker on the next series or a few half back option passes.

Must wreck shut out.
Last edited by Baltimore-Ravens on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:26 am

44-7 final. Wow.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:44-7 final. Wow.

Flatter than the flattest pancake run over buy a steamroller. Ryan Mallet at least averts shutout. Flacco's job may be on the line versus Pittsburgh next week at home.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 am

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

Flatter than the flattest pancake run over buy a steamroller. Ryan Mallet at least averts shutout. Flacco's job may be on the line versus Pittsburgh next week at home.

I mean, I didn't watch the game, but what the hell happened to that 10 turnover defense? They just let Blake Bortles throw 4 TDs against them
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:26 am

My dirty birds are winning!!
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:44 am

Jeez, how did the Ravens lose to the Jaguars 44-7? The JAGUARS for heaven's sake
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Fauxia wrote:Jeez, how did the Ravens lose to the Jaguars 44-7? The JAGUARS for heaven's sake

Sleep deprivation. Jet lag. Ambien side effects. Woke up on the wrong side of the pond. The Queen had MI-6 drug them for the face paint tweet. Imposters. lol. Pick one.

Meanwhile the lowly Chicago Bears are leading the Steelers 17-7 at halftime.

Insane play to end the half. Steelers have FG blocked with :05 seconds left on clock by #31 Cooper who runs it back but slows down to showboat and is caught from behind at 1 yard line and stripped of ball.
*face palms*
Cooper fumbles into end zone but Pitt kicker swats ball over endline. Penalty. After much ado ball is placed at 1/2 yd line. One untimed play is given. Bears line up to run it in, but Bears get illegal procedure call before snap and lose 5 yards then decide to kick FG. FG is good half ends.

Instead of score being Bears 14 Steelers 10, score might have been Bears 21 Steelers 7 at half but ends up Bears 17 Steelers 7. The announcers swore it should have been a safety and so did Bears Head CoachJohn Fox. Tomlin sent the Steelers into their dressing room while this was worked out with league office and had to rush back out to line up. CRAZY!!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:

My condolences. Admittedly, I did laugh, but still, that was painful.

Meanwhile, Steelers are massively failing, holy wow.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:16 pm

It looks like the Saints remembered how to pass-rush! Awesome! Finally, we figured what we need to do with our backs!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:Lumi

Guess who came in to where I work?

Come on, guess.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!!!! :hug:
-Alan Jackson

Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Baltimore-Ravens wrote:Flatter than the flattest pancake run over buy a steamroller. Ryan Mallet at least averts shutout. Flacco's job may be on the line versus Pittsburgh next week at home.

My condolences. Admittedly, I did laugh, but still, that was painful.

Momma said there'd be days like this.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Luminesa wrote:My condolences. Admittedly, I did laugh, but still, that was painful.

Momma said there'd be days like this.

She also told you not to go to that party, 'cause that's not the way to have fun.

*Cue angry Steelers and Ravens fans tackling each other in Dave and Buster's behind me.*

:hug:
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:58 pm

SAINTS WIN YES!!!! YES!!! YES!!!

TIME TO OVERRUN LONDON TOO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
-Alan Jackson

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Denver, Pittsburgh and New England should all be ashamed for terrible performance today......
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Tombradya
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradya » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Baltimore-Ravens wrote:
Kohr wrote:And wins. Those should all be wins.

Our D is trying to match the Ravens D... :(
TMFKAT
The fake media: Fox, Breitbart, Infowars

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General