NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread the Third

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monarchy v Republic

Monarchy
43%
Republic
57%

Total votes : 137

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Selfi wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:How are you degenerate?

im an egoist, i think all people should have all the freedom they want, there is no morality thats just a spook, so its best just to pursue pleasure

Ayy, that's real spooky m8.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Minzerland wrote:Question RWDT III, who is your favourite Monarch? Mine is Charlimagne the Father of Europe.

Have a hard on for Frederick II, Louis the XIV and my all time favorite su majested el glorioso Carlos el I.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:12 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Minzerland wrote:Question RWDT III, who is your favourite Monarch? Mine is Charlimagne the Father of Europe.

Ole Nicky's a good man in my book.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:Crowns, thrones, epic uniforms, the usual.

What if there's no crown or epic uniform and the throne is a saddle?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:14 pm

Selfi wrote:hey guys im the spooky degenerate ur so fraid of

Not liking something and being afraid of something are two different things.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Then he is no monarch but a pretender.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:Not liking something and being afraid of something are two different things.

I'm terrified of pickles.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

-Fahrong-
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby -Fahrong- » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Dagashi Shojo wrote:
-Fahrong- wrote:Perhaps it does. But I was not arguing of something so basic. I was speaking of more advanced unexplainable elements of life. The irrational.

Almost all traditional systems in history have placed the irrational at the lowest element of life, and the highest element to be the intuitive rational aspect (Aristotle, Plato, Aquinas, etc.) the irrational exists only to be molded by the intellect, and not the opposite.

I believe the two should be held in equal merit. Though it is he who accepts rationality who is humble enough to recognize that not everything could ever be learned.

Constantine XI who held that line. He is the marble king and he shall return to wreck vengeance and reclaim Constantinople. I await his return.
Formerly Atelia, born on the 7th of December 2011. Had 6001 controversial posts.
English is my third language, so sorry if I make mistakes

Evangelos Vasiliadis the Orthodox Christian Russian Pontic Greek cyber-commando.
Agrarian Corporatist, Reactionary Monarchist, Perennial Traditionalist, Moralist, Eurasianist, Byzantinist.
With a tinge of Autarkism, Mysticism, Theocratism, Stoicism and Militarism.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:20 pm

I don't know any monarchs I especially like. Ivan the Terrible comes to mind as an especially interesting monarch though.

New confederate ramenia
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New confederate ramenia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:23 pm

King Wewuz
probando

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Now that is a difficult Question.

If I really had to pick, probably Genghis Khan.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:24 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:Not liking something and being afraid of something are two different things.

I'm terrified of pickles.

Surprisingly large number of relevant results if you search "evil pickle" in Google images...

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:24 pm

-Fahrong- wrote:People have lived for millennia accepting death, in fact living ones life accepting an inevitable death and hoping to be graceful in death is a great motivator in life. The Art of death is what should guide man, limitation of time produces a need for achievement within ones life span, I fear of the psychological effect that the idea of immortality would have on a person within this world.

I see indefinite lifespan as the potential for the ultimate freedom to flourish. As death rates have declined, society has only treated life as more precious rather than less so. There is so much inside my mind, so many worlds I could create, so many ideas to explore, that one lifetime is not enough to contain them. How many hours does it take to create a book? A manga? A movie? A game? And how many of these little worlds-within-worlds have not been created for the reason of material scarcity and mortality?

And what if we are the first civilization, and this is the top-level reality?

Im sorry I can offer no consolation to this opinion apart from the fact that Christianity can be viewed and learned for enlightenment through various philosophies, and that perhaps you simply need to hear it a certain way that you arent used to.

Once the method of thought is internalized to see ideological constructs as their functional pieces, like vast, invisible machines, it is not easily unlearned. Evolution applies to ideological complexes much like it applies to bacteria or blades of grass. They have parts, like an amoeba or a rhinoceros, and these parts have functions.

Empiricism - the observation of the physical world and its results - connects me to reality. I can tell, from the world, what works and what doesn't. Perhaps not with perfect clarity, but the world exists outside of me, or outside of what is locally 'me', which is why I cannot predict it perfectly. Whether it is spoken in a whisper or a shout, when an ideology tells me that I must abandon empiricism, then it wishes to unmoor me from reality for its own purposes. And which do I let me unmoor? Which do I trust?

I don't remember the formal logical fallacies explicitly. I feel them. And such ideology feels like an attempt to subvert the outer layers of defenses I use to guard myself from bad ideas that will use and exploit me. Incoming ideas are always questioned by the system.

Something like the various Utilitarianisms did not come to me and demand my obedience. They didn't threaten me for non-compliance. They made errors, but earnest ones. And I found them as much as they found me. Encountering them feels like working on a difficult math problem - perhaps the most difficult math problem in the history of all mankind - but it doesn't feel like being subverted. They unfold as they are examined, and sometimes there are dead-ends, but you can keep doing the maths.

-Fahrong- wrote:
Selfi wrote:hey guys im the spooky degenerate ur so fraid of

*Prepares glass of vodka*

I approve of this reaction.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:24 pm

Uxupox wrote:Then he is no monarch but a pretender.

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:

Now that is a difficult Question.

Best choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAEUrp2V4ss
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 pm

I don't know those people that fell into the Mongolian bowmen trap didn't look too happy to me.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Uxupox wrote:I don't know those people that fell into the Mongolian bowmen trap didn't look too happy to me.

Should've surrendered. After all, if they had not committed so many great sins, God would not have sent the Khan to punish them. :p

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:27 pm

New confederate ramenia wrote:

King Wewuz

Don't you mean Kang Wewuz?
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Ashkera wrote:If I can delay to the point that I'm actually fine with it, making it voluntary rather than involuntary, then does that actually matter?

At what point would that be?

Who knows? It may happen at some point in the future. Possibly it will never happen. But if we just accept it, we'll never put death off for very long.

-Fahrong- wrote:
Selfi wrote:im an egoist, i think all people should have all the freedom they want, there is no morality thats just a spook, so its best just to pursue pleasure

And this is why I changed my flag. Mate, that sounds bloody awful, and would we not have the freedom to believe in morality?

Ooooh, I love this question.

Also, if I'm more of a Utilitarian, does that technically make me more right-wing than that guy?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:28 pm

I'd actually probably say Saladin.

Dagashi Shojo
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi Shojo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Selfi wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:How are you degenerate?

im an egoist, i think all people should have all the freedom they want, there is no morality thats just a spook, so its best just to pursue pleasure

Why is pleasure good, and how does morality being a "spook" make it bad? Bear in mind most human sociological concepts can be referred to as "spooks."
The hime cut will always be the best hair cut.
Corporatist, Voluntarist, and Idealist.
Eternal Corporatist, she who is always mistaken for corporatocracy.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Dushan wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Now that is a difficult Question.

Best choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAEUrp2V4ss

Holy shit. The dude playing Genghis looks exactly like one of my friends. Lol.

Thanks. I need to send them this.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

New confederate ramenia
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New confederate ramenia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
New confederate ramenia wrote:King Wewuz

Don't you mean Kang Wewuz?

Melanated God-Kang Wewuz the Woke
probando

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Any throne is an acceptable throne, provided it looks awesome.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:31 pm

According to Wikipedia, Mongol law under Genghis was kept secret so that it could be applied selectively. I don't know how correct Wikipedia is about that though. (See: Yassa)
Last edited by Conscentia on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General