NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread the Third

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monarchy v Republic

Monarchy
43%
Republic
57%

Total votes : 137

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Ashkera wrote:
-Fahrong- wrote:No offense but it seems incredibly naive to believe your system could create an immortal paradise on earth, creating such a radical picture of the future that you cant predict its problems could be tragic.

The alternative is the certainty of death. [...]

Death is always a certainty. Given that entropy always increases over time, death is inescapable - it can only be delayed.

Dagashi Shojo
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi Shojo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:49 pm

-Fahrong- wrote:The world is what you perceive it to be. You can piece it together into a view through rationality, but not everything is capably of being understood and any such view will always have holes. Obsessing over these cracks in what you take to be reality is what will wear your reality into dust and strike you with the plague of madness, our intelligibility is not even fully conceivable to ourselves let alone the whole of existence, reality is a deception, the only reality is your mind which is incorporeal. The incorporeal is clearly a crucial part of the world then, yet no rationality can explain the essence of existence itself, it lacks faith, it relies on the limitations of perceivable existence which is woefully inadequate.

If I perceive a piece of rope as a snake, that does not make it a cobra. It remains a piece of fucking rope.

Plato, Aristotle, Aquinas, Hegel, and other philosophers all managed to debate and explain the essence of existence just fine.
The hime cut will always be the best hair cut.
Corporatist, Voluntarist, and Idealist.
Eternal Corporatist, she who is always mistaken for corporatocracy.

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Ashkera wrote:The alternative is the certainty of death. [...]

Death is always a certainty. Given that entropy always increases over time, death is inescapable - it can only be delayed.

If I can delay to the point that I'm actually fine with it, making it voluntary rather than involuntary, then does that actually matter?

It's always trotted out in response to the possibility of life extension, like it's some super argument, but it's missing the point.
That, and we're still pretty young as a species to say that we know that much of the universe with absolute certainty.
Last edited by Ashkera on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Fahrong-
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby -Fahrong- » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Ashkera wrote:
-Fahrong- wrote:No offense but it seems incredibly naive to believe your system could create an immortal paradise on earth, creating such a radical picture of the future that you cant predict its problems could be tragic.

The alternative is the certainty of death. People are willing to take on a lot of risk when facing certain death as the alternative.

I think I said it before, but when I interact with most any religion, especially their most fervent followers, it doesn't feel like a taste of enlightenment. It feels like it's a massive ideological complex attempting to hack my brain and overwrite my values. Given the available evidence, "human beings have a common trait that causes them to create and follow religions" seems far more probable to me than "[particular religion] is true," and more readily predicts the world we live in.

For reference, I feel the same way when interacting with some ultra-left things.

People have lived for millennia accepting death, in fact living ones life accepting an inevitable death and hoping to be graceful in death is a great motivator in life. The Art of death is what should guide man, limitation of time produces a need for achievement within ones life span, I fear of the psychological effect that the idea of immortality would have on a person within this world.

Im sorry I can offer no consolation to this opinion apart from the fact that Christianity can be viewed and learned for enlightenment through various philosophies, and that perhaps you simply need to hear it a certain way that you arent used to.
Formerly Atelia, born on the 7th of December 2011. Had 6001 controversial posts.
English is my third language, so sorry if I make mistakes

Evangelos Vasiliadis the Orthodox Christian Russian Pontic Greek cyber-commando.
Agrarian Corporatist, Reactionary Monarchist, Perennial Traditionalist, Moralist, Eurasianist, Byzantinist.
With a tinge of Autarkism, Mysticism, Theocratism, Stoicism and Militarism.

-Fahrong-
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby -Fahrong- » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:54 pm

Dagashi Shojo wrote:
-Fahrong- wrote:The world is what you perceive it to be. You can piece it together into a view through rationality, but not everything is capably of being understood and any such view will always have holes. Obsessing over these cracks in what you take to be reality is what will wear your reality into dust and strike you with the plague of madness, our intelligibility is not even fully conceivable to ourselves let alone the whole of existence, reality is a deception, the only reality is your mind which is incorporeal. The incorporeal is clearly a crucial part of the world then, yet no rationality can explain the essence of existence itself, it lacks faith, it relies on the limitations of perceivable existence which is woefully inadequate.

If I perceive a piece of rope as a snake, that does not make it a cobra. It remains a piece of fucking rope.

Plato, Aristotle, Aquinas, Hegel, and other philosophers all managed to debate and explain the essence of existence just fine.

Perhaps it does. But I was not arguing of something so basic. I was speaking of more advanced unexplainable elements of life. The irrational.
Formerly Atelia, born on the 7th of December 2011. Had 6001 controversial posts.

Evangelos Vasiliadis the Orthodox Christian Russian Pontic Greek cyber-commando.
Agrarian Corporatist, Reactionary Monarchist, Perennial Traditionalist, Moralist, Eurasianist, Byzantinist.

Selfi
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Selfi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:56 pm

hey guys im the spooky degenerate ur so fraid of
im an egoist

-Fahrong-
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby -Fahrong- » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:57 pm

Selfi wrote:hey guys im the spooky degenerate ur so fraid of

*Prepares glass of vodka*

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:57 pm

How are you degenerate?
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:58 pm

DELET THIS
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Selfi
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Selfi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:59 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:

How are you degenerate?

im an egoist, i think all people should have all the freedom they want, there is no morality thats just a spook, so its best just to pursue pleasure
im an egoist

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:59 pm

-Fahrong- wrote:

*Prepares glass of vodka*

Pass it around, we'll be needing it.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Selfi wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:How are you degenerate?

im an egoist, i think all people should have all the freedom they want, there is no morality thats just a spook, so its best just to pursue pleasure

Why is it best to pursue pleasure?
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Selfi wrote:im an egoist, i think all people should have all the freedom they want, there is no morality thats just a spook, so its best just to pursue pleasure

Why is it best to pursue pleasure?

Pleasure is a spook.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

-Fahrong-
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby -Fahrong- » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Selfi wrote:

And this is why I changed my flag. Mate, that sounds bloody awful, and would we not have the freedom to believe in morality?

Northern Davincia wrote:
-Fahrong- wrote:*Prepares glass of vodka*

Pass it around, we'll be needing it.

Man, I got the best rack. If I could host a party in person for nationstaters I would have the best on the line.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:04 pm

This one time I was playing a roguelike and it generated a level I didn't like, so I degenerated the fuck out of it.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:04 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Why is it best to pursue pleasure?

Pleasure is a spook.

Spooks is a spook.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Dagashi Shojo
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi Shojo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:05 pm

-Fahrong- wrote:
Dagashi Shojo wrote:

Perhaps it does. But I was not arguing of something so basic. I was speaking of more advanced unexplainable elements of life. The irrational.

Almost all traditional systems in history have placed the irrational at the lowest element of life, and the highest element to be the intuitive rational aspect (Aristotle, Plato, Aquinas, etc.) the irrational exists only to be molded by the intellect, and not the opposite.
The hime cut will always be the best hair cut.
Corporatist, Voluntarist, and Idealist.
Eternal Corporatist, she who is always mistaken for corporatocracy.

Minzerland
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Question RWDT III, who is your favourite Monarch? Mine is Charlimagne the Father of Europe.
'Common sense isn't so common.'
-Voltaire

'I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.'
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I'm a Tribune of the Plebs, so watch out, or I might just veto you. You may call me Minzerland or Sam.
Classical Libertarianism|Constitutional Monarchy|Secularism|Westphalian Sovereignty|
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Hello, people persistently believe I'm American, I'm here to remedy this; I'm an Australian of English, Swiss-Italian (on my mothers side), Scottish and Irish (on my fathers side) dissent.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Minzerland wrote:Question RWDT III, who is your favourite Monarch? Mine is Charlimagne the Father of Europe.

King Henry the VIII Who decided that women are disposable. Love that man.
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Minzerland wrote:Question RWDT III, who is your favourite Monarch? Mine is Charlimagne the Father of Europe.

Baldwin IV of Jerusalem.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:08 pm

How are we defining monarch?

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Charles Martel - The Hammer and [great] grandfather to Charlemagne.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Ashkera wrote:
Conscentia wrote:Death is always a certainty. Given that entropy always increases over time, death is inescapable - it can only be delayed.

If I can delay to the point that I'm actually fine with it, making it voluntary rather than involuntary, then does that actually matter?

At what point would that be?

Ashkera wrote:It's always trotted out in response to the possibility of life extension, like it's some super argument, but it's missing the point.

If you think I was arguing against life extension, you've missed my point.

Ashkera wrote:That, and we're still pretty young as a species to say that we know that much of the universe with absolute certainty.

Until some evidence shows up that gives us reason to discard what we thought we knew about thermodynamics, I'll stick to my pessimism.
Last edited by Conscentia on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

How are we defining monarch?

Crowns, thrones, epic uniforms, the usual.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General