NATION

PASSWORD

"Second coup attempt rumor" Turkey, Nuclear Base surrounded.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Veskesh
Attaché

Founded: Sep 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Veskesh » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:33 am

Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:34 am

Veskesh wrote:Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

At this point Saudi Arabia has a better chance of joining the EU.
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:37 am

Veskesh wrote:Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

A successful coup at this point might actually improve Turkey's chances of staying in NATO.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:39 am

Conserative Morality wrote:

A successful coup at this point might actually improve Turkey's chances of staying in NATO.

Yup. Erdogan isn't exactly endearing himself to... well, anyone outside of his lackies/partisans in Turkey, as far as I can tell.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Anarcho-Saxony
Secretary

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Saxony » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:40 am

The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?
Anarcho-primitivism and green eco-anarchism is what I am for, that is all for now.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:40 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?

Please let this be a joke...
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Veskesh
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Veskesh » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:42 am

Worst case scenario: Erdogan gets assassinated during a second coup a civil war breaks out in Turkey and Turkey becomes the second Kosovo.

Anarcho-Saxony
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Saxony » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:43 am

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?

I don't understand, i thought that the north atlantic treaty organisation was founded by christopher columbus, an italian or maybe corsican/sardinian working for castile, that agreement allowed colonising and settlements.
Anarcho-primitivism and green eco-anarchism is what I am for, that is all for now.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:46 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

I don't understand, i thought that the north atlantic treaty organisation was founded by christopher columbus, an italian or maybe corsican/sardinian working for castile, that agreement allowed colonising and settlements.

I know you're probably just trying to mess with me, but on the off-chance that you're not (you never know-their are people who honestly think the world is flat after all)-

NATO was founded in the 1949 to oppose the spread of communism/the Soviet Union.

Also, what the Confederacy did was secession, not a coup.

Veskesh
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Veskesh » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:48 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Flowrisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowrisa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Umm....
Last edited by Flowrisa on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a part of the RIA!
I have an interest in the Byzantine Empire.
Flowrisa was founded on May 11th 1454 and declared its independence on May 29th 1453.
Long live the Byzantine Emperor, Ian van Gilze-Rijen!

Anarcho-Saxony
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Saxony » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 am

Veskesh wrote:
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:I don't understand, i thought that the north atlantic treaty organisation was founded by christopher columbus, an italian or maybe corsican/sardinian working for castile, that agreement allowed colonising and settlements.

This is not a substantinal arguemtn disproving the statements I have correctly made.
Where is proofs?

Anarcho-Saxony
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Saxony » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:50 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:I don't understand, i thought that the north atlantic treaty organisation was founded by christopher columbus, an italian or maybe corsican/sardinian working for castile, that agreement allowed colonising and settlements.

I know you're probably just trying to mess with me, but on the off-chance that you're not (you never know-their are people who honestly think the world is flat after all)-

NATO was founded in the 1949 to oppose the spread of communism/the Soviet Union.

Also, what the Confederacy did was secession, not a coup.

The half of the US was overthrown illegally by slave holder confederacy, so it's a half coup.
:D

Magthere
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Magthere » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:55 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Veskesh wrote:

This is not a substantinal arguemtn disproving the statements I have correctly made.
Where is proofs?

From NATO's very own website, date of founding April 4, 1949: Link here, specifically stated in the third paragraph of the second heading "A Treaty for our Age".
Atomosea wrote:I swear, the only people more patriotic than Texans are Bostonians during a good season...

Xadufell
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Xadufell » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:57 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

Wow! Did you even go to school?
Basic history talks about how NATO was formed in 1949 to combat communism and the threat of the Soviet Union.

If Columbus founded NATO then Germany won WW1.
Last edited by Xadufell on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
28 Year old autistic twat.
!!!WE MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Pro: Right Wing, Israel, The Donald, Guns, Free Speech, Capitalism, Switzerland, Germany, Britain leaving the EU, TEMPORARY ban on Muslims until everything gets sorted out, Republicans, Russia.
Anti: Hillary, Sanders, Democrats, Radical Islam, ISIS, Illegal Immigration, BLM (Because they obviously do.), Obama, MSNBC, Left Wing, Radical Anything (Virtually), Turkey, Trump Protesters who have no valid points.

Grinning Dragon wrote:Why would anyone waste a good bullet on the likes of CNN anyway? I don't understand why anyone would get that worked up over a bunch of dipshits, christ if their shit show is getting you that worked up, just turn the damn thing off and go for a walk/run/ride.

Anarcho-Saxony
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Saxony » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:58 am

Xadufell wrote:

It's highly unlikely you did.
:eyebrow:
Oh wait, they don't teach anything about debating nowadays, so ad hominems and logical fallacies are the norm and not the exception now.
Last edited by Anarcho-Saxony on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 am

Surrounding the NATO nuclear base based on the pretense of a second coup attempt. Erdogan's really going for a reacharound with his purge.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Xadufell
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xadufell » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:00 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Xadufell wrote:

Oh wait, they don't teach anything about debating nowadays, so ad hominems and logical fallacies are the norm and not the exception now.

What is my logical fallacy? Because I'm right, you're the one with the logical fallacy.

And I won't deny the ad hominem.
Pro: Right Wing, Israel, The Donald, Guns, Free Speech, Capitalism, Switzerland, Germany, Britain leaving the EU, TEMPORARY ban on Muslims until everything gets sorted out, Republicans, Russia.
Anti: Hillary, Sanders, Democrats, Radical Islam, ISIS, Illegal Immigration, BLM (Because they obviously do.), Obama, MSNBC, Left Wing, Radical Anything (Virtually), Turkey, Trump Protesters who have no valid points.

Grinning Dragon wrote:Why would anyone waste a good bullet on the likes of CNN anyway? I don't understand why anyone would get that worked up over a bunch of dipshits, christ if their shit show is getting you that worked up, just turn the damn thing off and go for a walk/run/ride.

Anarcho-Saxony
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Saxony » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:01 am

Magthere wrote:
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:This is not a substantinal arguemtn disproving the statements I have correctly made.
Where is proofs?

From NATO's very own website, date of founding April 4, 1949: Link here, specifically stated in the third paragraph of the second heading "A Treaty for our Age".

I did not state NATO was formed itself in August 3, 1492, I said the idea for a north atlantic treaty organisation was invented at that time and alliances + trade agreements were formed in this trans-Atlantic network.
8)

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:03 am

Conserative Morality wrote:

If they had one that returned Turkey to a secular democracy, I'd be all for them joining the EU. However, with Erdogan, they've been nothing but a pain in the ass, their strategic position be damned, I don't think they need to be a NATO member.

Anarcho-Saxony
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Saxony » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:04 am

Xadufell wrote:
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:It's highly unlikely you did.

What is my logical fallacy? Because I'm right, you're the one with the logical fallacy.

You never said I had a logical fallacy initially, so this does not make you "right", anyway, you are using the fallacy logical fallacy, by suggesting since a fallacy has been "detected" by you, that it removes all substance from the argument.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:04 am

Egotistical, thin-skinned and impulsive.

Erdogan's Turkey may in fact be a peek at what we're in store for if Trump becomes President.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:06 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Xadufell wrote:

They also don't teach trolling, and the level of ignorance required to say that "the American Civil War didn't get America kicked out of NATO" is so unlikely as to suggest that's what you're doing.

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:I did not state NATO was formed itself in August 3, 1492, I said the idea for a north atlantic treaty organisation was invented at that time and alliances + trade agreements were formed in this trans-Atlantic network.
8)

Yeah, that's definitely not what you said there, buddy. Either you're really ignorant, or... bad with dates..., or you're trolling.

Xadufell
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xadufell » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:07 am

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Xadufell wrote:

You never said I had a logical fallacy initially, so this does not make you "right", anyway, you are using the fallacy logical fallacy, by suggesting since a fallacy has been "detected" by you, that it removes all substance from the argument.

Because I didn't point it out immediately (or rather, that you couldn't interpret what I said was implying that you had a logical fallacy) that you had a logical fallacy means my whole argument is invalid?

Alright, then yours is as well for not pointing out why you thought NATO was thought of by Columbus immediately.

Anarcho-Saxony
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Saxony » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:09 am

Xadufell wrote:
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:You never said I had a logical fallacy initially, so this does not make you "right", anyway, you are using the fallacy logical fallacy, by suggesting since a fallacy has been "detected" by you, that it removes all substance from the argument.

Because I didn't point it out immediately (or rather, that you couldn't interpret what I said was implying that you had a logical fallacy) that you had a logical fallacy means my whole argument is invalid?

Alright, then yours is as well for not pointing out why you thought NATO was thought of by Columbus immediately.

Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Magthere wrote:

I did not state NATO was formed itself in August 3, 1492, I said the idea for a north atlantic treaty organisation was invented at that time and alliances + trade agreements were formed in this trans-Atlantic network.
8)

You have made a mistake in syntax reads.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General