NATION

PASSWORD

Relationship and getting one thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:13 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Where's the facepalm emote when you need it?!

A good rule of thumb: if you want to be in good terms with your church, don't go for the pastor's daughter unless you are ready for what it entails.

>tfw you know the priest's daughter has caught you staring
WAKE ME UP

(she probably thinks I am really creepy, actually, because she has caught me several times)

Do you stare at her because you wish you could vocalize what you feel, or do you simply stare at her just because?

If it is the former, do me a favor next time you're at church and tell her that you think she's beautiful and that you're sorry you keep staring at her so much but that you have been trying to find a way to say something to her. She will appreciate the compliment, and will think you're either shy, or an idiot. In either case, you need to get that out of your chest.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Quokkastan wrote:Might I recommend Church?

Every Church I've ever been to has been filled with middle-aged and elderly women essentially running a dating service for their children. You know that nice guy someone's mother keeps trying to pressure her daughter into dating? You could be that guy!

The problem is that I'm neither Roman Catholic, nor a protestant, so it would be rather awkward either going to multiple churches or skipping my own for another. I have a big crush on my parish priest's daughter, but, unfortunately, I think she is already seeing someone.
look, I'll keep saying it, you should consider moving to Russia when you're able. Y'know after school or whatever. They've probably got ESL programs, right? Those are great.
I don't mean it insultingly, I know a couple posters did that, I mean it in the sense that it's simply a lot friendlier for your dating pool without compromising your faith.
Besides, cmon, them Slavic girls
Last edited by Kubra on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Quokkastan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Quokkastan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:16 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:>tfw you know the priest's daughter has caught you staring
WAKE ME UP

(she probably thinks I am really creepy, actually, because she has caught me several times)

Do you stare at her because you wish you could vocalize what you feel, or do you simply stare at her just because?

If it is the former, do me a favor next time you're at church and tell her that you think she's beautiful and that you're sorry you keep staring at her so much but that you have been trying to find a way to say something to her. She will appreciate the compliment, and will think you're either shy, or an idiot. In either case, you need to get that out of your chest.

This.
Give us this day our daily thread.
And forgive us our flames, as we forgive those who flame against us.
And lead us not into trolling, but deliver us from spambots.
For thine is the website, and the novels, and the glory. Forever and ever.
In Violent's name we pray. Submit.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:>tfw you know the priest's daughter has caught you staring
WAKE ME UP

Well, there's one problem, she probably won't be there next time I am there. Unless things have changed, she goes to another college than I do (it could have changed, because her parents asked about the one I attend and mentioned that she may go there this year). But, yes, I do want to express how I feel about her, I just don't know her at all, so coming on so strongly would be terribly awkward, especially since people would probably overhear me.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

New Axiom
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Axiom » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Quokkastan wrote:
New Axiom wrote:
That is NOT true!!

At least, not for me.

My last church banned me becuase I dated the pastors daughter.

I didn't think it needed to be said that this is not a good idea.

Well, to be fair, I got off easy. The other family that dated another family got beat up by the pastor, even though his family wasn't involved. That church believed a date was a free ticket to hell.
Everyone has a plan until the New Axiom Imperial Army comes. Then everyone is just like, omigawd. Run.

My favorite user quotes:
Zakuvia wrote:If you aren't imagining a chain gang of adorable old retirees building a wall with Fixodent and using their Hoverounds as tow trucks then you're not the NS I remember.

Ethel mermania wrote:
New Axiom wrote:
You mean Black Friday as in the Apex Preadator of Capatalism?

Victory is measured in gi Joe dolls and easy bake ovens. It was not old age that killed castro, it was nintendo.

Pringles or Lays Stax? I prefer the Lays.

Quokkastan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Quokkastan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:19 pm

New Axiom wrote:
Quokkastan wrote:I didn't think it needed to be said that this is not a good idea.

Well, to be fair, I got off easy. The other family that dated another family got beat up by the pastor, even though his family wasn't involved. That church believed a date was a free ticket to hell.

I suppose I should clarify that when I recommended Church as a dating service, there was an unspoken implication that the Church you attend is not psychotic.
Give us this day our daily thread.
And forgive us our flames, as we forgive those who flame against us.
And lead us not into trolling, but deliver us from spambots.
For thine is the website, and the novels, and the glory. Forever and ever.
In Violent's name we pray. Submit.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Kubra wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:The problem is that I'm neither Roman Catholic, nor a protestant, so it would be rather awkward either going to multiple churches or skipping my own for another. I have a big crush on my parish priest's daughter, but, unfortunately, I think she is already seeing someone.
look, I'll keep saying it, you should consider moving to Russia when you're able. Y'know after school or whatever. They've probably got ESL programs, right? Those are great.
I don't mean it insultingly, I know a couple posters did that, I mean it in the sense that it's simply a lot friendlier for your dating pool without compromising your faith.

I have strongly considered it, just worried that, by the time I overcome the hurdles to get there (learning the language, getting a visa, finding work, etc.) that I'll be too old.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Well, there's one problem, she probably won't be there next time I am there. Unless things have changed, she goes to another college than I do (it could have changed, because her parents asked about the one I attend and mentioned that she may go there this year). But, yes, I do want to express how I feel about her, I just don't know her at all, so coming on so strongly would be terribly awkward, especially since people would probably overhear me.

I've said to plenty of random women they're beautiful (I'm really apologetic and formal about it though: "I'm sorry, I hope I am not disturbing your day, I just need to say you are really beautiful and that I hope you have a nice day" or something of that sort) and they have not turned me down.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:21 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:Well, there's one problem, she probably won't be there next time I am there. Unless things have changed, she goes to another college than I do (it could have changed, because her parents asked about the one I attend and mentioned that she may go there this year). But, yes, I do want to express how I feel about her, I just don't know her at all, so coming on so strongly would be terribly awkward, especially since people would probably overhear me.

I've said to plenty of random women they're beautiful (I'm really apologetic and formal about it though: "I'm sorry, I hope I am not disturbing your day, I just need to say you are really beautiful and that I hope you have a nice day" or something of that sort) and they have not turned me down.

Well, if I can see her, I might give it a try. I just hope she doesn't think I'm a creep.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Well, if I can see her, I might give it a try. I just hope she doesn't think I'm a creep.

The worst case scenario? She might think the entire conversation is awkward.

At best? You might find out she had been checking you out too from a distance while you were not paying attention.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:27 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:Well, if I can see her, I might give it a try. I just hope she doesn't think I'm a creep.

The worst case scenario? She might think the entire conversation is awkward.

At best? You might find out she had been checking you out too from a distance while you were not paying attention.

I just hope that she hasn't gotten into a relationship by the time I can talk to her.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:28 pm

Kubra wrote:look, I'll keep saying it, you should consider moving to Russia when you're able. Y'know after school or whatever. They've probably got ESL programs, right? Those are great.

I have strongly considered it, just worried that, by the time I overcome the hurdles to get there (learning the language, getting a visa, finding work, etc.) that I'll be too old.
a legitimate concern, but hopefully by that time you'll be able to scrap together some other qualifications. If you're fit for military service, or are willing to put in the work to be so, they totally accept expats, and that pretty much guarantees that you get to stay.
At the very least, do learn Russian, even if you don't end up moving it's still a very useful language
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Kubra wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:I have strongly considered it, just worried that, by the time I overcome the hurdles to get there (learning the language, getting a visa, finding work, etc.) that I'll be too old.
a legitimate concern, but hopefully by that time you'll be able to scrap together some other qualifications. If you're fit for military service, or are willing to put in the work to be so, they totally accept expats, and that pretty much guarantees that you get to stay.
At the very least, do learn Russian, even if you don't end up moving it's still a very useful language

I will strongly consider it.

I have also entertained the idea of looking for a girlfriend when I possibly visit Poland next year, though, that would be unlikely.

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Kubra wrote: a legitimate concern, but hopefully by that time you'll be able to scrap together some other qualifications. If you're fit for military service, or are willing to put in the work to be so, they totally accept expats, and that pretty much guarantees that you get to stay.

I have also entertained the idea of looking for a girlfriend when I possibly visit Poland next year, though, that would be unlikely.

You could become a Starets!
Varemeist tõuseb kättemaks! Eesti on Hiiumaast Petserini!
Pray for a new spiritual crusade against the left!-Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium
For: A Christian West, Tradition, Pepe, Catholicism, St. Thomas Aquinas, the rosary, warm cider, ramen noodles, kbac, Latin, Gavin McInnes, Pro-Life, kebabs, stability, Opus Dei
Against: the left wing, the Englightenment, Black Lives Matter, Islam, homosexual/transgender agenda, cultural marxism

Boycott Coke, drink Fanta

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:34 pm

Jumalariik wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:I will strongly consider it.

You could become a Starets!

Oh, no! I'm nowhere near that level of holiness.

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:35 pm

Jumalariik wrote:You could become a Starets!

Oh, no! I'm nowhere near that level of holiness.

You can always start somewhere.
Last edited by Jumalariik on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varemeist tõuseb kättemaks! Eesti on Hiiumaast Petserini!
Pray for a new spiritual crusade against the left!-Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium
For: A Christian West, Tradition, Pepe, Catholicism, St. Thomas Aquinas, the rosary, warm cider, ramen noodles, kbac, Latin, Gavin McInnes, Pro-Life, kebabs, stability, Opus Dei
Against: the left wing, the Englightenment, Black Lives Matter, Islam, homosexual/transgender agenda, cultural marxism

Boycott Coke, drink Fanta

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Kubra wrote: a legitimate concern, but hopefully by that time you'll be able to scrap together some other qualifications. If you're fit for military service, or are willing to put in the work to be so, they totally accept expats, and that pretty much guarantees that you get to stay.

do you have tinder? Travellers always use tinder in foreign countries. If you can't get a girlfriend you can at least hook up. Probably don't even have to speak polish, you know how it goes for us English speakers. The world tends to open itself to us.
Comrade J. Posadas

Fenexia and holochrome
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fenexia and holochrome » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:48 pm

New Axiom wrote:
Quokkastan wrote:I didn't think it needed to be said that this is not a good idea.

I've always wanted to preach with a bible in one hand and some poor mooks collar in the other.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:30 am

New Axiom wrote:
That is NOT true!!

At least, not for me.

My last church banned me becuase I dated the pastors daughter.

Where's the facepalm emote when you need it?!

A good rule of thumb: if you want to be in good terms with your church, don't go for the pastor's daughter unless you are ready for what it entails.

Finally!

A way for me to escape those Jehova WItnesses that keep calling me!
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lalaki
Senator

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:36 am

There's a secret recipe that allows you to avoid heartbreak and the stresses that come with romantic relationships in general. It's the recipe of being single for life. It doesn't work for everyone. Many (if not most) need that sense of companionship that a loving partnership can provide. And that's great! However, I feel like people often take being single as terrible when indeed it can be a great experience.

Want to work more hours to get that promotion? Go ahead, no one is stopping you. Want to move across the country in a week in order to find exciting opportunities? More power to you. Want to explore and be free without restriction? You are your own person.

That is why I am set in life for refusing any opportunities for a relationship that come my way. I value freedom and don't want to see my life restricted by the obligations of romantic love.
Born again free market capitalist.

Vubaria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vubaria » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:39 am

Kubra wrote:look, I'll keep saying it, you should consider moving to Russia when you're able. Y'know after school or whatever. They've probably got ESL programs, right? Those are great.

He gave you awful advice.

Unless you get a STEM degree/marry a foreign girl, you will have precisely a 0% chance of emigrating, basically anywhere. Your only chance is studying STEM, taking a massive paycut to work in Russia, or to amass enough money to vacation in RUssia(as you cannot legally work) for 60 days and pray you can seduce a Russian woman.

The only developed nation that accepts non-STEM non-family immigrants is Australia and New Zealand, and even the they still require trade certifications.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:41 am

Vubaria wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:I have strongly considered it, just worried that, by the time I overcome the hurdles to get there (learning the language, getting a visa, finding work, etc.) that I'll be too old.

He gave you awful advice.

Unless you get a STEM degree/marry a foreign girl, you will have precisely a 0% chance of emigrating, basically anywhere. Your only chance is studying STEM, taking a massive paycut to work in Russia, or to amass enough money to vacation in RUssia(as you cannot legally work) for 60 days and pray you can seduce a Russian woman.

The only developed nation that accepts non-STEM non-family immigrants is Australia and New Zealand, and even the they still require trade certifications.
ESL jobs man
Idk if you realize the power of the English language
Comrade J. Posadas

Vubaria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vubaria » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:44 am

Kubra wrote:
Vubaria wrote:He gave you awful advice.

ESL jobs man

Extremely overstated and basically 0 available jobs. Everyone and their mom gets those jobs, Russians infinitely prefer hiring native Russians that can speak English(and legally work) over foreigners that have to go through an expensive visa approval process (especially with Russia, which will require many gears to be greased through corruption).

The Czech Republic is really the only European nation you can "immigrate" to with speaking English as your only skill. Japan and South Korea are far easier in that respect.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:58 am

Vubaria wrote:
Kubra wrote: ESL jobs man

Extremely overstated and basically 0 available jobs. Everyone and their mom gets those jobs, Russians infinitely prefer hiring native Russians that can speak English(and legally work) over foreigners that have to go through an expensive visa approval process (especially with Russia, which will require many gears to be greased through corruption).

The Czech Republic is really the only European nation you can "immigrate" to with speaking English as your only skill. Japan and South Korea are far easier in that respect.
expat ESL teachers in Russia pay their own visa fees. Bribery is, well, it's a fact of life in a lot of places. No choice but to grease them gears best, and that's on the applicant to do. Proper euro countries def don't have the same needs for ESL teaching, but that's more to do with their presence in the linguistic pool of continental Europe and the free movement of labour making it much easier for Englishmen to get into a then flooded market. And that aside, he ain't in stem afaik, ESL and straight up enlisting are his only options of he wants an in.

SK and Japan pay infinitely better by comparison tho.

It's not necessarily no qualification, a post-grad TEFL diploma isn't the hardest bit of schooling around and gives one a huge leg up on competition.
Comrade J. Posadas

Vubaria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vubaria » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:03 am

Kubra wrote: expat ESL teachers in Russia pay their own visa fees.

Well, that makes it even more expensive.
Kubra wrote: Bribery is, well, it's a fact of life in a lot of places. No choice but to grease them gears best, and that's on the applicant to do. Proper euro countries def don't have the same needs for ESL teaching, but that's more to do with their presence in the linguistic pool of continental Europe and the free movement of labour making it much easier for Englishmen to get into a then flooded market. And that aside, he ain't in stem afaik, ESL and straight up enlisting are his only options of he wants an in.

SK and Japan pay infinitely better by comparison tho.

It's not necessarily no qualification, a post-grad TEFL diploma isn't the hardest bit of schooling around and gives one a huge leg up on competition.

TEFL can help but I hope he's happy doing nothing else for the rest of his life. Employers do not look kindly on time spent doing it, unless you want to teach English.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General