NATION

PASSWORD

Relationship and getting one thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Anollasia wrote:This thread makes me cringe for some reason.

:(

Sad
Last edited by Jumalariik on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varemeist tõuseb kättemaks! Eesti on Hiiumaast Petserini!
Pray for a new spiritual crusade against the left!-Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium
For: A Christian West, Tradition, Pepe, Catholicism, St. Thomas Aquinas, the rosary, warm cider, ramen noodles, kbac, Latin, Gavin McInnes, Pro-Life, kebabs, stability, Opus Dei
Against: the left wing, the Englightenment, Black Lives Matter, Islam, homosexual/transgender agenda, cultural marxism

Boycott Coke, drink Fanta

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Jumalariik wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:I've been taking my anti-anxiety medication, and I think it has helped some. I haven't really talked to anyone lately, but I will be meeting some old friends next weekend, so that will be a test run. If it really is working, then, by this time next year, I might have a girlfriend. I am extremely excited!

Honestly I don't know if I'd want a girlfriend. Sounds kind of scary. Sounds like I would have to give over personal free time and autonomy.

Honestly, if it were an option, I would get married pretty quickly. Soap operas say girls should be all over me, I love commitment!
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:Relationships are not a job.

Jobs only suck out your soul. Relationships suck out your money.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Jumalariik wrote:Honestly I don't know if I'd want a girlfriend. Sounds kind of scary. Sounds like I would have to give over personal free time and autonomy.

Honestly, if it were an option, I would get married pretty quickly. Soap operas say girls should be all over me, I love commitment!

I do as well. Stability is the most important thing in life. Trouble is that not even my mom thinks I'm charming, I'm clumsy and thinking that eating a reuben with a priest is the coolest thing in the world is not really endearing to your average person.
Pray for a new spiritual crusade against the left!-Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium
For: A Christian West, Tradition, Pepe, Catholicism, St. Thomas Aquinas, the rosary, warm cider, ramen noodles, kbac, Latin, Gavin McInnes, Pro-Life, kebabs, stability, Opus Dei
Against: the left wing, the Englightenment, Black Lives Matter, Islam, homosexual/transgender agenda, cultural marxism

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:

And your soul.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:

And? What else would you be doing with that money anyways, wiping your ass with it?

Money is a means to an end, whether that is to try to sweep a woman under her feet, or to purchase that thing you need in your business, or to go to that vacation you always wanted.

Money just sitting in the bank is only good for retirement, to party and do all the shit you want to do while old. If you think money is an end in itself, I suggest you meditate on that first.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Quokkastan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Quokkastan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Jumalariik wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

And your soul.

These are the sort of things you say if you never want to get a second date, so I suppose you won't have to worry about it.
Give us this day our daily thread.
And forgive us our flames, as we forgive those who flame against us.
And lead us not into trolling, but deliver us from spambots.
For thine is the website, and the novels, and the glory. Forever and ever.
In Violent's name we pray. Submit.

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Quokkastan wrote:
Jumalariik wrote:And your soul.

These are the sort of things you say if you never want to get a second date, so I suppose you won't have to worry about it.

Assuming I get a first. :p

Quokkastan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quokkastan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:56 pm

Jumalariik wrote:
Quokkastan wrote:These are the sort of things you say if you never want to get a second date, so I suppose you won't have to worry about it.

Assuming I get a first. :p

Fair point.

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Quokkastan wrote:
Jumalariik wrote:Assuming I get a first. :p

Fair point.

Je touche :P

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Also, I was reading on the website of the patriarchate of Antioch that Eastern Orthodox people can marry Roman Catholics and high-church Protestants, so my options are a lot more open, though, I still don't know where to actually go about meeting people.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:58 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:Also, I was reading on the website of the patriarchate of Antioch that Eastern Orthodox people can marry Roman Catholics and high-church Protestants, so my options are a lot more open, though, I still don't know where to actually go about meeting people.

Roman Catholic and High Church Protestant services. :p

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:And? What else would you be doing with that money anyways, wiping your ass with it?

Saving it for something better.

Money just sitting in the bank is only good for retirement, to party and do all the shit you want to do while old. If you think money is an end in itself, I suggest you meditate on that first.

Money in the bank is good if something unexpected comes up and you have to pay for it if insurance won't do so or for other reasons.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:59 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:Also, I was reading on the website of the patriarchate of Antioch that Eastern Orthodox people can marry Roman Catholics and high-church Protestants, so my options are a lot more open, though, I still don't know where to actually go about meeting people.

Well, High-Church Protestants put a lot of people in it. Also, considering the data on Catholics in the U.S. that puts them at 24% of the population, I think you have a lot of options in churches and in general cities where Catholics and Protestants inhabit.

Unless you don't live in America, in which case I don't know what to tell you other than find out what's the Catholic and Protestant culture in your country.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:

Well, High-Church Protestants put a lot of people in it. Also, considering the data on Catholics in the U.S. that puts them at 24% of the population, I think you have a lot of options in churches and in general cities where Catholics and Protestants inhabit.

Unless you don't live in America, in which case I don't know what to tell you other than find out what's the Catholic and Protestant culture in your country.

Yeah, but I don't know how I would go about exclusively finding those people. I would probably prefer Roman Catholics because they tend to be less compromising with their morality.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:And? What else would you be doing with that money anyways, wiping your ass with it?

Saving it for something better.

Money in the bank is good if something unexpected comes up and you have to pay for it if insurance won't do so or for other reasons.

Which, again, is a means to an end.

You're not so much contradicting what I just said so much as reinforcing it. If you want to spend your money on a woman that's exactly what you wanted to do anyways, so money is still a means to an end.

Noone's forcing you to spend money on a woman if you don't want to, even in a relationship. And even in a relationship, there's many women who are self-conscious about asking a man for money.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:02 pm

Anollasia wrote:This thread makes me cringe for some reason.

How? Half the shit neckbeard or #NiceGuy types say would probably result in someone summoning moderation like those urban legends about saying "Bloody Mary" three times in front of a mirror.

Quokkastan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quokkastan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Might I recommend Church?

Every Church I've ever been to has been filled with middle-aged and elderly women essentially running a dating service for their children. You know that nice guy someone's mother keeps trying to pressure her daughter into dating? You could be that guy!

New Axiom
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Axiom » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Quokkastan wrote:

Every Church I've ever been to has been filled with middle-aged and elderly women essentially running a dating service for their children. You know that nice guy someone's mother keeps trying to pressure her daughter into dating? You could be that guy!

That is NOT true!!

At least, not for me.

My last church banned me becuase I dated the pastors daughter.
Everyone has a plan until the New Axiom Imperial Army comes. Then everyone is just like, omigawd. Run.

My favorite user quotes:
Zakuvia wrote:If you aren't imagining a chain gang of adorable old retirees building a wall with Fixodent and using their Hoverounds as tow trucks then you're not the NS I remember.

Ethel mermania wrote:
New Axiom wrote:
You mean Black Friday as in the Apex Preadator of Capatalism?

Victory is measured in gi Joe dolls and easy bake ovens. It was not old age that killed castro, it was nintendo.

Pringles or Lays Stax? I prefer the Lays.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Quokkastan wrote:

The problem is that I'm neither Roman Catholic, nor a protestant, so it would be rather awkward either going to multiple churches or skipping my own for another. I have a big crush on my parish priest's daughter, but, unfortunately, I think she is already seeing someone.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:07 pm

New Axiom wrote:
Quokkastan wrote:Might I recommend Church?

That is NOT true!!

At least, not for me.

Where's the facepalm emote when you need it?!

A good rule of thumb: if you want to be in good terms with your church, don't go for the pastor's daughter unless you are ready for what it entails.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quokkastan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quokkastan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:08 pm

New Axiom wrote:

That is NOT true!!

At least, not for me.

I didn't think it needed to be said that this is not a good idea.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:09 pm

New Axiom wrote:
That is NOT true!!

At least, not for me.

A good rule of thumb: if you want to be in good terms with your church, don't go for the pastor's daughter unless you are ready for what it entails.

>tfw you know the priest's daughter has caught you staring
WAKE ME UP

(she probably thinks I am really creepy, actually, because she has caught me several times)

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:10 pm

The problem is that I'm neither Roman Catholic, nor a protestant, so it would be rather awkward either going to multiple churches or skipping my own for another. I have a big crush on my parish priest's daughter, but, unfortunately, I think she is already seeing someone.

I think that one would not be received with welcome arms if one were going to a church one didn't believe in just for dating purposes.

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:12 pm

>tfw you know the priest's daughter has caught you staring
WAKE ME UP

(she probably thinks I am really creepy, actually, because she has caught me several times)

That can have either good or bad consequences. :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General