NATION

PASSWORD

Gay Nightclub Attacked in Orlando, FL

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

Church of the Earth Mother wrote:
Eisarn-Ara wrote:Honestly, this whole things comes down to a Filthy Heathen like me eating popcorn and hedging bets on someone shouting DEUS VULT! and dealing with this bullshit finally.

Does that mean genocide?

You silly goober; that means aggressive conquest, cultural nullification and linguistic destruction. There will still be 'people' in the middle east, just none of them speaking the various Islam-friendly Aramaic descended dialects or partaking in the equivalent cultural structures that housed those languages.
Ave Nex Alea
Glory & Victory unto the Pact!
I'm pro thrall-taking, are you?
Immigrants're grody; Paris, Berlin & Brussels proved that.
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Cultural Integrity!
Dictating matters of policy & legality because of "feelings" is foolhardy at best, and the reason why SJWism is cancerous at worst.
Altruism is worthless outside of a community and in small doses.
We owe you nothing, and you'll like it.
Arabs cannot do "Modern War"
You are all terrible.

Blacksmith/Metallurgist btw(Mostly Blades) & Academic Reconstructionist Heathen of the Continental Variety, Legitimate Sneering Western Imperialist, Western Classicalist

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:Isn't it possible he was referring to the shooter who was killed by police?

He deleted it so who knows. They are claiming it was an automated setup.

Right, automated my ass!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Xadufell
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Xadufell » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:And within the last 6 months two Transgenders have been killed by these "Christians".

It was much worse last year. But yeah, they're no friend of the LGBT population.

Conserative Morality wrote:Certainly. It's why I'm in favor of hard standards on handgun ownership.

I'm in favor of few restrictions on rifles and a heavy on handguns since one can carry many more handguns.

So a weaker firearm with a weaker cartridge and a lower capacity feed are more deserving of a ban than a firearm with a higher capacity feed and more powerful cartridges just because they can carry more? Jesus Christ that is the most ridiculous argument I've heard in a long time.
28 Year old autistic twat.
!!!WE MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Pro: Right Wing, Israel, The Donald, Guns, Free Speech, Capitalism, Switzerland, Germany, Britain leaving the EU, TEMPORARY ban on Muslims until everything gets sorted out, Republicans, Russia.
Anti: Hillary, Sanders, Democrats, Radical Islam, ISIS, Illegal Immigration, BLM (Because they obviously do.), Obama, MSNBC, Left Wing, Radical Anything (Virtually), Turkey, Trump Protesters who have no valid points.

Grinning Dragon wrote:Why would anyone waste a good bullet on the likes of CNN anyway? I don't understand why anyone would get that worked up over a bunch of dipshits, christ if their shit show is getting you that worked up, just turn the damn thing off and go for a walk/run/ride.

Mega City 5
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mega City 5 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

Outer Sparta wrote:Why? This idea to bomb those countries won't work at all.

Why wouldn't it work?

Patridam
Negotiator

Founded: May 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Certainly. It's why I'm in favor of hard standards on handgun ownership.

British policies seem sensible to me. Ban the unnecessary ones (like handguns and assault rifles) and regulate the ones that have uses in sport, hunting and farming.

Assault rifles are already banned in the USA.

Handguns are vital for any sort of self defence purposes, and have use in sport and hunting.
Lassiez Faire Capitalist / Libertarian
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

Gauthier wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
For the love of god Gauthier, ISIS was behind a plethora, a myriad of terrorist attacks. Does it seem so far fetched that Omar Mateen, someone who pledged allegiance to ISIS, might have planned this for a while, maybe during Ramadan?

Still makes him a fanboy they want to take credit for just like the San Bernardino couple.

This is the deadliest US attack in fifteen years, who even cares if it's a fanboy at this point? What matters is that 50 men and women are dead, 53 are injured, and that the perpetrator carried out the attack in the name of Islam.

But its easier to just be snarky about the situation.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:Isn't it possible he was referring to the shooter who was killed by police?

He deleted it so who knows. They are claiming it was an automated setup.

Would've been easier and smarter for them to claim that he was referring to the shooter.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

Gauthier wrote:
Maurepas wrote:Unfortunately, a real and actual office holder in the United States thought it was appropriate to point out that no, in fact he does support doing those things in gay clubs:

At least he wasn't disingenuously crying outrage over LGBTs being victimized by Those Ebil Moozlemz, that much I'll give him.

Yeah, that mantle was taken up by, and I must emphasize again, real and actual candidate for President of the United States, Donald Trump:

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
If he's referring to the LGBT community, he should resign immediately.

You and I both know that won't happen.

If anything he'll be in contention for Governor now.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:This is horrible.

That's all I can say.

Maurepas wrote:Unfortunately, a real and actual office holder in the United States thought it was appropriate to point out that no, in fact he does support doing those things in gay clubs:

Wow. Just wow.

Again, isn't it possible he was referring to the shooter who was killed by police?
The Alliance of Unified Governments
I, Pencil
Yes, nuking Japan was justified
"When you’re white, you don’t know what it’s like to be living in a ghetto. You don’t know what it’s like to be poor." - Bernie Sanders
Remember, people once rioted over pumpkins

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

Mega City 5 wrote:
The balkens wrote:No.

I completely agree with this.

It's just silly for liberals to talk about gun control at this like this (and shame on them, for the record, for using a tragedy to push their own political agendas).

A gun didn't kill a bunch of people in a night club.

A muslim did.

It was kind of a duo.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:57 am

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:British policies seem sensible to me. Ban the unnecessary ones (like handguns and assault rifles) and regulate the ones that have uses in sport, hunting and farming.

Honestly, on non-semi long guns I'm a proponent of basically no restrictions, and only background checks on semi-auto long guns. Owning a firearm is very... American. I know several firearms enthusiasts (including one with a kickass cap-and-ball revolver and a fuckin' muzzle loader along with his AR-15) and I'd never want to take that important part of semirural culture away from them.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:57 am

Major-Tom wrote:If I keep saying Moderate Islam, then I can dispel legitimate concerns about Islam. If I keep saying Moderate Islam, then I can dispel legitimate concerns about Islam. If I keep calling people bigots, then I can dispel legitimate concerns about Islam.

That's become like half of this thread, you know who you are, guys.

If I keep bringing up legitimate concerns about radical Islam, I can continue to justify taking out my frustrations on uninvolved Muslims who play no role in terrorism like my own personal human dartboards. If I keep bringing up legitimate concerns about radical Islam, I can continue to justify taking out my frustrations on uninvolved Muslims who play no role in terrorism like my own personal human dartboards. If I keep pointing out that terrorism exists, I can continue to justify taking out my frustrations on uninvolved Muslims who play no role in terrorism like my own personal human dartboards.

People are not fucking stupid. Nobody thinks that Islam is without flaw or that its radicals are not a danger. We just realize that we can work on trying to fight terrorism and dismantle the dangers that Islam is serving without ganging up on and circle-punching non-terrorist Muslims as an outlet for our fear and anger in the meantime.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:57 am

Maurepas wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
At least he wasn't disingenuously crying outrage over LGBTs being victimized by Those Ebil Moozlemz, that much I'll give him.

Yeah, that mantle was taken up by, and I must emphasize again, real and actual candidate for President of the United States, Donald Trump:

So? He credits himself for being correct on the issue of Islamic terrorism. I'm no Trump supporter, but you have to give credit where it's due, he's the guy sounding alarms right now.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am

Major-Tom wrote:But its easier to just be snarky about the situation.

I don't know who you think you're talking to right now lol.
Unreachable.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am

Mega City 5 wrote:
Luminesa wrote:You know what we're tired of? This man's pure utter lack of class and compassion.

You call it lack of class and compassion. I call it an unfiltered and uncensored willingness to see things for what they are.

He's using this tragedy to pump his campaign.

Tragedies like this are what his campaign is based on. Fact is, America has tons of problems because of Mexicans, because of Muslims, because of brown people, etc.

And while the liberals want to have a massive hug fest and hand-wave the problem away, Trump wants to take action and fix things.

That's why I'm voting for him.

There is a way to handle such cases like this. Cases that require thoughtfulness and careful consideration. But no, he goes on the Internet and goes, "Haha, you see? I told you so! You should vote for me!" Like an annoying, spoiled little 12-year-old boy who has nothing better to do with his time.

And claiming entire races of people are evil will not make any of this go away, either.

Something here is that doesn't love a wall.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am

Unified Governments wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:That could be possible but Dan Patick does have a history of not so nice comments about the LGBT community.

Sure, but why would he celebrate a terror attacks? If he's a die-hard conservative then he's no fan of ISIS.

I don't why someone would. But there have been die-hard conservatives who have said that 9/11 was God punishing us for being nice to the LGBT community
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am

Maurepas wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Welp, at least he's saying he doesn't want congrats.

Even I, as a Republican, have a hard time imagining this guy as president.

And yet he's memeing his way to the White House.
I, Pencil
"When you’re white, you don’t know what it’s like to be living in a ghetto. You don’t know what it’s like to be poor." - Bernie Sanders

Xadufell
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xadufell » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am

Maurepas wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Wow, he said that he appreciated that people saw that he was right on several things, he must be HITLER!!!
28 Year old autistic twat.
!!!WE MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Pro: Right Wing, Israel, The Donald, Guns, Free Speech, Capitalism, Switzerland, Germany, Britain leaving the EU, TEMPORARY ban on Muslims until everything gets sorted out, Republicans, Russia.
Anti: Hillary, Sanders, Democrats, Radical Islam, ISIS, Illegal Immigration, BLM (Because they obviously do.), Obama, MSNBC, Left Wing, Radical Anything (Virtually), Turkey, Trump Protesters who have no valid points.

Grinning Dragon wrote:Why would anyone waste a good bullet on the likes of CNN anyway? I don't understand why anyone would get that worked up over a bunch of dipshits, christ if their shit show is getting you that worked up, just turn the damn thing off and go for a walk/run/ride.

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korva » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am

Imperializt Russia wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Yes, that is why gun crime in the UK increased in the early two-thousands. Trying to restrict firearm access might bring crime down in the long run after the initial spike that's seen in every heavily gun-controlled nation thus-far, but it's not going to stop mass shootings as Charles Whitman has already shown. Mass shootings are cultural anomalies primarily contained to the US.

In the early 2000s, there was a major gun smuggling operation ongoing, as well as guns "walked off" as a direct result of the 1997 handgun ban. In this period, some soldiers were happily walking small arms off bases for cash too, and presumably some gear drifted from Norn Iron after the Good Friday Agreement cooled tensions there and militias started standing down.

These were eventually stamped out, though their effect, through the guns they already put into the system, lingers.
Korva wrote:Mass killings by Islamists happen in the U.S. more frequently than in other nations?

If you're going to leave it as hilariously unqualified as that to try make a snide point, then yes. Thank September 11 for that.

September 11 was of course a famous mass killing made possible by lack of effective gun control.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am

Major-Tom wrote:Encouraging them is standing by every time a terrorist attack happens and saying "we stand united, we stand united against bigotry, against hatred....."

No, fuck that, okay, fuck that. At this point, we need action, even if it means radical anti terrorism action abroad. Bomb ISIS strongholds, drone strike their strongholds, arm the Kurds and not the Syrian rebels, help Russia with tactical airstrikes against ISIS.

What, you think if we get mad ISIS will somehow get more powerful? Do you think that if we sing kumbaya they will somehow dissipate like the Wicked Witch of the West when exposed to water? No, respond to force with equal or more powerful force.

Yeah, sure, let's intensify the same strategy of the past ten years that's caused a spike in radical Islam inspired attacks on the West. :roll:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Outer Sparta
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:59 am

Mega City 5 wrote:

Why wouldn't it work?

Iraq for example? Plus, would you really support killing 289 million civilans from those countries you mentioned? In this context, it could easily be perceived wrongly.
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

Mega City 5
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mega City 5 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:59 am

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:It was kind of a duo.

Lots of people who 1. are not crazy, 2. are white and 3. are not Muslims have guns and somehow manage not to commit violent crimes with them.

The problem's not guns. The problem's crazy people, racial minorities and Muslims.

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:59 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:Sure, but why would he celebrate a terror attacks? If he's a die-hard conservative then he's no fan of ISIS.

I don't why someone would. But there have been die-hard conservatives who have said that 9/11 was God punishing us for being nice to the LGBT community

Those aren't conservatives. Those are extremists.

And if you think they're one in the same then I, as a conservative, will happily tell you you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
I, Pencil

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:59 am

Mega City 5 wrote:

Why wouldn't it work?

It would create more terrorists that would come blow up the United States
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General