NATION

PASSWORD

Gay Nightclub Attacked in Orlando, FL

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:43 am

Shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS.

First the San Bernandino and now this cockroach. We're totally safe from terror, right?
Last edited by Unified Governments on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Alliance of Unified Governments
I, Pencil
Yes, nuking Japan was justified
"When you’re white, you don’t know what it’s like to be living in a ghetto. You don’t know what it’s like to be poor." - Bernie Sanders
Remember, people once rioted over pumpkins

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:44 am

Xadufell wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Oh there is still murder, fag bashing, even a case of dragging one behind a truck.

And Islam throws gays off buildings, runs them over with trucks, routinely executing them and other stuff.

Including forcing sexual reassignment surgery or execution for effeminate gay men.

Gauthier wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Oh there is still murder, fag bashing, even a case of dragging one behind a truck.

But remember, as long as the body counts aren't comparable it's okay to dismiss those.

The Christians are more subtle than the Muslims are with their violence by picking off people one at a time instead of mass murdering. The more the news story bleeds, the more it leads in the headlines.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

IsraelHoldsTheDoor
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IsraelHoldsTheDoor » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:44 am

REMEMBER.....
As long the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. Although there WILL be Islamic attacks..
United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%
At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. There will be MORE attacks at this level
This is happening in:
Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%
From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. There will now be a level of fear from the natural population towards muslims This is occurring in:
France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%
At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in: Almost DAILY attacks in this range
Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%
After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:
Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%
At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:
Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
NIGERIA-- Muslim 42.8%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%
From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and ***ya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:
Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%
After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:
Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%
100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasas are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:
Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%
Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons. Then you have BOKO HARAM, ISIS..ect

Mega City 5
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mega City 5 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am

Luminesa wrote:You know what we're tired of? This man's pure utter lack of class and compassion.

You call it lack of class and compassion. I call it an unfiltered and uncensored willingness to see things for what they are.

He's using this tragedy to pump his campaign.

Tragedies like this are what his campaign is based on. Fact is, America has tons of problems because of Mexicans, because of Muslims, because of brown people, etc.

And while the liberals want to have a massive hug fest and hand-wave the problem away, Trump wants to take action and fix things.

That's why I'm voting for him.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am

Maurepas wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
But remember, as long as the body counts aren't comparable it's okay to dismiss those.

Unfortunately, a real and actual office holder in the United States thought it was appropriate to point out that no, in fact he does support doing those things in gay clubs:

Good god!!!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
The Joseon Dynasty wrote:Do the distinctions even matter?

It matters insofar as emphasizing the nature of the rifle distracts from the real issue at hand (WHO gets guns, rather than what guns they get).
I'm British and know fuck all about firearms (they're all high-powered as far as I'm concerned), but I do know that he managed to kill 50 people and injure an additional 50 using a fairly cheap and easily accessible one. As I understand it, he bought it legally as well, with little to no check-ups or cross-references. If that doesn't raise serious red flags about America's firearm policies, I don't know what will.

Yeah, but he could've done the same with a rifle. As several other people have said, it probably would've been worse had he not had the bulkier, (comparitively) long-range rifle.

The type of weapon, unless you're really going to go off on semiautomatics altogether, doesn't matter in the situation. So no, the rifle did not 'facilitate' the attack.

I see the confusion - I need to clarify my earlier post. The emphasis wasn't meant to be on the rifle facilitating the attack. It was on the firearm itself. Any firearm. I have no clue which one would be the most effective in massacring loads of people, but the fact that he was able to attain one cheaply and legally certainly did facilitate the attack.
Last edited by The Joseon Dynasty on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am

Absolutely terrible. Fifty people - this should not have happened, but I really hope it does serve as a damn rude wake-up call to the people who are still complaining about how "it's teh gays that are the real oppressors trying to make everyone accept them." It's hard to put into words just how much it blows my fucking mind that these are the responses that human beings will take when faced with the reality of people who like people of the same sex instead of the opposite. Just jesus christ. An absolute waste of human life over something that just doesn't fucking matter. Why? Why is this the kind of shit that enters our minds? We could be feeding one another and traveling to Mars, but no, instead we're shooting one another over what amounts to little more than "cooties" blown up to a cosmological scale. My god.

As for the whole Muslim question...

Look: Nobody is saying that terrorists shouldn't be reviled. Nobody is saying that radical Islam is not a problem we should be addressing. Nobody is saying that Islamic beliefs cannot be criticized nor that its growing number of radicals isn't a concern, especially if members are coming from Western countries. Nobody is saying that we should deny the fact that the religion of Islam is clearly playing a role in the conversion and convincing of people into atrocities.

What people are saying is that you cannot use these things as an excuse to see two teenage girls in hijabs at an ice cream parlor, march up to them, and start bitching them out about how their faith is evil, and Muslims kill people, and why don't they do something about it or forsake Islam, and that they must support this, and that they also must be terrorists or at least wife-beaten mindslaves to the terrorist agenda, etc., etc. You are not sticking one to ISIS by cornering Ali and his girlfriend Tina in a club and demanding to know if he plans to put her in a burqa. Crazy assholes chopping people's heads off or committing crimes like this is not an excuse to start taking out your fear and frustration on Ahmed el-Amin from Home Depot over here who was born in Chicago and takes God about as seriously as your average smalltown 12 year old girl. "God is special and good and made us and yeah. I have a prayer book my grandma bought me, I think, somewhere. Yay God!" There is no righteousness in blind social catharsis. You will never be doing the victims of injustice any favors by witch hunting scapegoats with superficial similarities to their killers in their memory - I thought this would have been a lesson humanity got by now, but apparently not.

I really don't give a shit what their books say, for Christians or Muslims, as long as they're good enough people to ignore that horror and get along nicely with everyone. Whether or not that makes them "true believers" is really none of my concern, they're not causing trouble, that's what matters. A cherrypicking religious person may be annoying from an intellectual perspective, but I'd rather have a cherrypicker who "lies" to themselves about such faiths than one who plays it out to the letter. Those who do act upon such passages though are people that we should all be banding together to punish and put in place, not as members or enemies of a faith, but as human beings who understand and value a free society. I see no value in alienating potential allies in that cause out of sheer misplaced anger and heartache. At best, you are becoming the monsters that you fight. At worst, you're creating new reasons for people to see things from the monsters' point of view and go to the dark side.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am

Maurepas wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Unfortunately, a real and actual office holder in the United States thought it was appropriate to point out that no, in fact he does support doing those things in gay clubs:

I don't get it. What's so bad about that?
I, Pencil
"When you’re white, you don’t know what it’s like to be living in a ghetto. You don’t know what it’s like to be poor." - Bernie Sanders

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am

Unified Governments wrote:Shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS.

First the San Bernandino and now this cockroach. We're totally safe from terror, right?

Still not a radical muslim guise.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:46 am

:shock:

:gasp:
Unreachable.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:46 am

Unified Governments wrote:
Maurepas wrote:Unfortunately, a real and actual office holder in the United States thought it was appropriate to point out that no, in fact he does support doing those things in gay clubs:

"You reap what you sow" is generally taken as a statement of "you got what you deserved".
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:46 am

Maurepas wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

At least he wasn't disingenuously crying outrage over LGBTs being victimized by Those Ebil Moozlemz, that much I'll give him.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:47 am

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:I see the confusion - I need to clarify my earlier post. The emphasis wasn't meant to be on the rifle facilitating the attack. It was on the firearm itself. Any firearm. I have no clue which one would be the most effective in massacring loads of people, but the fact that he was able to attain one cheaply and legally certainly did facilitate the attack.

Certainly. It's why I'm in favor of hard standards on handgun ownership.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:47 am

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:

:shock:

:gasp:

Daesh encouraging and taking credits for fanboys. They explicitly claimed they planned Paris.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Imperializt Russia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:47 am

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Imperializt Russia wrote:I don't even agree with the UK ban on semi-automatic rifles.

We control guns.
It works.

The end.

Yes, that is why gun crime in the UK increased in the early two-thousands. Trying to restrict firearm access might bring crime down in the long run after the initial spike that's seen in every heavily gun-controlled nation thus-far, but it's not going to stop mass shootings as Charles Whitman has already shown. Mass shootings are cultural anomalies primarily contained to the US.

In the early 2000s, there was a major gun smuggling operation ongoing, as well as guns "walked off" as a direct result of the 1997 handgun ban. In this period, some soldiers were happily walking small arms off bases for cash too, and presumably some gear drifted from Norn Iron after the Good Friday Agreement cooled tensions there and militias started standing down.

These were eventually stamped out, though their effect, through the guns they already put into the system, lingers.
Korva wrote:
Imperializt Russia wrote:As you very deliberately cut off from the quote, "or happens with such low frequency it's laughable".

Smuggled firearms also rather defeats the point. If you smuggle guns in, then of course they'll be used. It's how street gangs operate, it's how the IRA operated.

Mass killings by Islamists happen in the U.S. more frequently than in other nations?

If you're going to leave it as hilariously unqualified as that to try make a snide point, then yes. Thank September 11 for that.
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:47 am

Not a thread for Christian conspiracies. Short of said conspiracies linking into this mass murder then they can have no imaginable benefit to this thread. Or to a rational mind for that matter.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Xadufell
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xadufell » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:48 am

Luminesa wrote:
You know what we're tired of? This man's pure utter lack of class and compassion.

He's using this tragedy to pump his campaign. A person has problems, when others expect this of them.

I'm a Republican, and I cannot bear to be in the room when he speaks. There are very few people I have that sort of reaction towards.

I've gotten tired of him too. But the problem is he's right about certain things. Our government doesn't do enough to combat this.

I think Trump's lack of compassion is a testament to how being nice doesn't get you much nowadays. The only way to stop this terrorism is to put your foot down on their necks until they die, not pamper and appease them.
28 Year old autistic twat.
!!!WE MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Pro: Right Wing, Israel, The Donald, Guns, Free Speech, Capitalism, Switzerland, Germany, Britain leaving the EU, TEMPORARY ban on Muslims until everything gets sorted out, Republicans, Russia.
Anti: Hillary, Sanders, Democrats, Radical Islam, ISIS, Illegal Immigration, BLM (Because they obviously do.), Obama, MSNBC, Left Wing, Radical Anything (Virtually), Turkey, Trump Protesters who have no valid points.

Grinning Dragon wrote:Why would anyone waste a good bullet on the likes of CNN anyway? I don't understand why anyone would get that worked up over a bunch of dipshits, christ if their shit show is getting you that worked up, just turn the damn thing off and go for a walk/run/ride.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:49 am

If I keep saying Moderate Islam, then I can dispel legitimate concerns about Islam. If I keep saying Moderate Islam, then I can dispel legitimate concerns about Islam. If I keep calling people bigots, then I can dispel legitimate concerns about Islam.

That's become like half of this thread, you know who you are, guys.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:49 am

Maurepas wrote:Unfortunately, a real and actual office holder in the United States thought it was appropriate to point out that no, in fact he does support doing those things in gay clubs:

What's so bad?!! He is literally saying that gays deserved this and that they should all be killed!!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:49 am

Vassenor wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:I don't get it. What's so bad about that?

"You reap what you sow" is generally taken as a statement of "you got what you deserved".

Isn't it possible he was referring to the shooter who was killed by police?
I, Pencil

Christiaanistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Christiaanistan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:49 am

Well, the only people I really trust in the long-term are the secular humanists. They have a lot to be proud of. The secular humanists have been at the forefront of all major advancements in human rights over the few centuries, and we have always contributed to our cultures disproportionately to our presence in those cultures. One of the very developers of the American education system was a positivist named John Dewey, for instance, and the man who actually penned the draft of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was a secular humanist.

I really like to think of the positive aspect of the equation. Secular humanists have really helped with some of the most fundamental landmark contributions in human society.

On the other hand, I don't think we get anywhere by complaining about religious people. Over the past century, we have managed to win over the Christians on many important aspects of secular philosophy, and while they might not understand or agree with our logical positivist philosophy, what they have no problem with is the fact that our ideas on keeping the social peace have helped make the world a safer place to raise their families.

I am glad that more Christians are starting to recognize this sort of thing, and I hope that the future can be one of greater toleration and understanding.
I just might move to Calabash and start pretending that the rest of the world sank to the bottom of the ocean.

Church of the Earth Mother
Attaché

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Church of the Earth Mother » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:50 am

Giovenith wrote:Absolutely terrible. Fifty people - this should not have happened, but I really hope it does serve as a damn rude wake-up call to the people who are still complaining about how "it's teh gays that are the real oppressors trying to make everyone accept them." It's hard to put into words just how much it blows my fucking mind that these are the responses that human beings will take when faced with the reality of people who like people of the same sex instead of the opposite. Just jesus christ. An absolute waste of human life over something that just doesn't fucking matter. Why? Why is this the kind of shit that enters our minds? We could be feeding one another and traveling to Mars, but no, instead we're shooting one another over what amounts to little more than "cooties" blown up to a cosmological scale. My god.

As for the whole Muslim question...

Look: Nobody is saying that terrorists shouldn't be reviled. Nobody is saying that radical Islam is not a problem we should be addressing. Nobody is saying that Islamic beliefs cannot be criticized nor that its growing number of radicals isn't a concern, especially if members are coming from Western countries. Nobody is saying that we should deny the fact that the religion of Islam is clearly playing a role in the conversion and convincing of people into atrocities.

What people are saying is that you cannot use these things as an excuse to see two teenage girls in hijabs at an ice cream parlor, march up to them, and start bitching them out about how their faith is evil, and Muslims kill people, and why don't they do something about it or forsake Islam, and that they must support this, and that they also must be terrorists or at least wife-beaten mindslaves to the terrorist agenda, etc., etc. You are not sticking one to ISIS by cornering Ali and his girlfriend Tina in a club and demanding to know if he plans to put her in a burqa. Crazy assholes chopping people's heads off or committing crimes like this is not an excuse to start taking out your fear and frustration on Ahmed el-Amin from Home Depot over here who was born in Chicago and takes God about as seriously as your average smalltown 12 year old girl. "God is special and good and made us and yeah. I have a prayer book my grandma bought me, I think, somewhere. Yay God!" There is no righteousness in blind social catharsis. You will never be doing the victims of injustice any favors by witch hunting scapegoats with superficial similarities to their killers in their memory - I thought this would have been a lesson humanity got by now, but apparently not.

I really don't give a shit what their books say, for Christians or Muslims, as long as they're good enough people to ignore that horror and get along nicely with everyone. Whether or not that makes them "true believers" is really none of my concern, they're not causing trouble, that's what matters. A cherrypicking religious person may be annoying from an intellectual perspective, but I'd rather have a cherrypicker who "lies" to themselves about such faiths than one who plays it out to the letter. Those who do act upon such passages though are people that we should all be banding together to punish and put in place, not as members or enemies of a faith, but as human beings who understand and value a free society. I see no value in alienating potential allies in that cause out of sheer misplaced anger and heartache. At best, you are becoming the monsters that you fight. At worst, you're creating new reasons for people to see things from the monsters' point of view and go to the dark side.

*cries tears of joy*
I don't know how you do it.
The balkens wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:Shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS.

Still not a radical muslim guise.

When did anyone say otherwise?
THE
GLOBAL_NEOREVOLUTIONARY_ARMY

Globalist capitalism must be destroyed. It is a blight and a poison upon the human race brought upon us by Bourgeois States, which must subject themselves to the World Proletariat or face imminent military action from without by the Liberation Armies of the GNA, and within by the Infiltration Corps of the GNA.

Cwilliams94 wrote:The Neorevolutionary cause is devoted to bringing down the Capitalist Order. All who object to us naturally side, even subconsciously, with the Capitalists. Therefore, no opposition can EVER be allowed. All opposition must be ANNIHILATED.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:50 am

Imperializt Russia wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Yes, that is why gun crime in the UK increased in the early two-thousands. Trying to restrict firearm access might bring crime down in the long run after the initial spike that's seen in every heavily gun-controlled nation thus-far, but it's not going to stop mass shootings as Charles Whitman has already shown. Mass shootings are cultural anomalies primarily contained to the US.

In the early 2000s, there was a major gun smuggling operation ongoing, as well as guns "walked off" as a direct result of the 1997 handgun ban. In this period, some soldiers were happily walking small arms off bases for cash too, and presumably some gear drifted from Norn Iron after the Good Friday Agreement cooled tensions there and militias started standing down.

but i thought

gun control

works perfectly
Unreachable.

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:50 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:I don't get it. What's so bad about that?

What's so bad?!! He is literally saying that gays deserved this and that they should all be killed!!

Or perhaps he's saying the shooter got what he deserved, which was to be filled with lead.
I, Pencil

Mega City 5
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mega City 5 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:50 am

Xadufell wrote:I think Trump's lack of compassion is a testament to how being nice doesn't get you much nowadays. The only way to stop this terrorism is to put your foot down on their necks until they die, not pamper and appease them.

Until we get rid of all Muslims, there will be a danger of Islamic terrorism. Mohammad himself was the first jihadist.

It may not be true that all persons who call themselves Muslims actually want to do us harm.

Their religion, however, inherently lends itself to violent interpretation.

Islam is not a religion of peace.
Last edited by Mega City 5 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General