NATION

PASSWORD

I Don't Give A TET About This Title

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hetalia Dakota 2 II
Post Marshal

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetalia Dakota 2 II » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:23 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Hetalia Dakota 2 II wrote:I have weird tastes myself too though, things like dark chocolate are divine; butter and sweet together!

What's so weird about my taste? :eyebrow:

Mine are weird in comparison I should say, yours sound fairly standard.
Signatures are boring.
SQUIG: #2

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:23 am

Hetalia Dakota 2 II wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
Not that kind of coke.

Wasn't Coke cola named after Cocaine?

Well it did used to have the stuff in it.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Mattopilos
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:23 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Not that kind of coke.

Yep. The name stuck, though.
"From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs"
Dialectic egoist/Communist Egoist, Post-left anarchist, moral nihilist, Intersectional Anarcha-feminist.
my political compass:Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23

Pros:Anarchy, Communism (not that of Stalin or Mao), abortion rights, LGBTI rights, secularism i.e. SOCAS, Agnostic atheism, free speech (within reason), science, most dark humor, dialectic egoism, anarcha-feminism.
Cons: Capitalism, Free market, Gnostic atheism and theism, the far right, intolerance of any kind, dictatorships, pseudoscience and snake-oil peddling, imperialism and overuse of military, liberalism, radical and liberal feminism

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:25 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Not that kind of coke.

It's named after the coca plant, which is where cocaine comes from.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Hetalia Dakota 2 II
Post Marshal

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetalia Dakota 2 II » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:26 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Hetalia Dakota 2 II wrote:Wasn't Coke cola named after Cocaine?

It's named after the coca plant, which is where cocaine comes from.

I didn't know they part, I learned something today.
Signatures are boring.
SQUIG: #2

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:54 am

No donuts today
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:03 am

Ethel mermania wrote:No donuts today

Do nuthing.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:30 am

Actually wasting more time and money on an MFA in Drama. I think that one friend who failed to shake her secondary school mentality has realised that once she leaves university she's in trouble.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:35 am

Gallade wrote:Actually wasting more time and money on an MFA in Drama. I think that one friend who failed to shake her secondary school mentality has realised that once she leaves university she's in trouble.

Even I wouldn't do that, and I'd probably be fine on a waiter's pay. At least my Bachelor's in Arts is research oriented.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:38 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Gallade wrote:Actually wasting more time and money on an MFA in Drama. I think that one friend who failed to shake her secondary school mentality has realised that once she leaves university she's in trouble.

Even I wouldn't do that, and I'd probably be fine on a waiter's pay. At least my Bachelor's in Arts is research oriented.

The really need to change that to BH (Humanities) or something, my brother had a hard time of it convincing Dad that he wasn't painting when he said he was doing Arts.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:39 am

Only if she is not pretty enough to land herself a rich guy [/sexist mode].

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:40 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:

Mode? You can turn that off? ;)

Combat Homelessness

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:42 am

Gallade wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Mode? You can turn that off? ;)

Considering that I'm a guy, no, I can't :(

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:42 am

Gallade wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:

The really need to change that to BH (Humanities) or something, my brother had a hard time of it convincing Dad that he wasn't painting when he said he was doing Arts.

Yeah, "Arts" seems to be anything they couldn't place in another school of study :T
Dialectic egoist/Communist Egoist, Post-left anarchist, moral nihilist, Intersectional Anarcha-feminist.

Pros:Anarchy, Communism (not that of Stalin or Mao), abortion rights, LGBTI rights, secularism i.e. SOCAS, Agnostic atheism, free speech (within reason), science, most dark humor, dialectic egoism, anarcha-feminism.
Cons: Capitalism, Free market, Gnostic atheism and theism, the far right, intolerance of any kind, dictatorships, pseudoscience and snake-oil peddling, imperialism and overuse of military, liberalism, radical and liberal feminism

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:43 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Gallade wrote:Mode? You can turn that off? ;)

I'm very disappointed in us all for not transcending pee pees.

Combat Homelessness

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:45 am

Gallade wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:

Yeeep. My dad figured it out pretty quick, because a lot of his family was in the media industry and as soon as I mentioned media he sorta fixated on it. My family's history in the media industry is not fantastic. My mother took a little while longer - she was always more science-minded.

At this point, I think I could justify a Masters solely through the fact that my most advanced degree will actually have a name reflecting what I studied. I'm horrific at visual art, and always have been, in all of its various forms without exception, and I worry that saying I have a BArts will give people the entirely inaccurate idea that I'm capable of holding a pencil, or identifying colours.

The schools I study with are the School of Social and Political Sciences, and the School of Media and Communications, which are much nicer names for a degree. Hell, the MediaComms is borderline quantitative - I'm sure they could get away calling it a social science.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 am

Mattopilos wrote:
Gallade wrote:The really need to change that to BH (Humanities) or something, my brother had a hard time of it convincing Dad that he wasn't painting when he said he was doing Arts.

Yeah, "Arts" seems to be anything they couldn't place in another school of study :T

My university offers psychology and economics as majors in the BArts, as well as in other degrees - BScience for psych, BCommerce for economics. So it's anything they couldn't place in another degree, and also two things they could.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 am

I miss my kitty. ;_;
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:50 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:

My university offers psychology and economics as majors in the BArts, as well as in other degrees - BScience for psych, BCommerce for economics. So it's anything they couldn't place in another degree, and also two things they could.

I know, right? I would make 'social sciences' or as you said Bscience for is (even if it is a 'softer science'), and I find it strange that economics is even linked to it! Ours has it as its own thing: https://economics.uq.edu.au/undergraduate-programs

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:51 am

The Princes of the Universe wrote:I miss my kitty. ;_;

What happen to kitty? :(

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:52 am

Mattopilos wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:I miss my kitty. ;_;

What happen to kitty? :(

She died three years ago today.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:53 am

Gallade wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

I'm very disappointed in us all for not transcending pee pees.

That's because pee pees are important!!!1!

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:54 am

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:What happen to kitty? :(

She died three years ago today.

Aw :( I will pat my cat twice as much for you :)

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:54 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Gallade wrote:I'm very disappointed in us all for not transcending pee pees.

That's because pee pees are important!!!1!

I use mine to browse Reddit.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:55 am

Mattopilos wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:She died three years ago today.

Aw :( I will pat my cat twice as much for you :)

Pet all the kitties! :hug:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General