NATION

PASSWORD

Transgendered Woman Sweeps Cisgendered Competitors in Sports

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 130490
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:55 am

King Nephmir II wrote:Wait wait wait... so separating restrooms as male/female is considered by many to be discrimination, but separating sports in the same way isn't...?

Exactly who said that?
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Killdash
Minister
 
Posts: 3249
Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:58 am

Ualla and St Maurice wrote:Success in high school sports can lead to college scholarships.

This reminds me of a case in Africa where a woman had to be tested to prove she wasn't a man.

Potentially, this is the beginning of the end of sex based segregation.

Also, sports parents are crazy, do you think they would force their kids to transition in order to win? (this question isn't intended to be an argument banning transgender people, because it would be weak)


Caster Semenya, the South African woman's sprinter.

She turned out to have LHC syndrome. Biologically female, but with a massive excess of testosterone.
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 130490
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:02 am

Killdash wrote:
Ualla and St Maurice wrote:Success in high school sports can lead to college scholarships.

This reminds me of a case in Africa where a woman had to be tested to prove she wasn't a man.

Potentially, this is the beginning of the end of sex based segregation.

Also, sports parents are crazy, do you think they would force their kids to transition in order to win? (this question isn't intended to be an argument banning transgender people, because it would be weak)


Caster Semenya, the South African woman's sprinter.

She turned out to have LHC syndrome. Biologically female, but with a massive excess of testosterone.

I choose to believe she had Large Hadron Collider syndrome.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:53 am

Ifreann wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:True females and males (tm)

I have a plan. We get a DNA sample from every cis man and woman on Earth. We put them in two big blenders, and we create the Truest Man and Woman. Then we'll have them compete against each other in every sport, with additional clones for team sports. We'll finally make sports fair and solve the battle of the sexes, thus ushering in world peace.


Assuming they don't decide to reproduce together to create a True Human Master Race to dominate us inferiors.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Freefall11111
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5763
Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:57 am

King Nephmir II wrote:Wait wait wait... so separating restrooms as male/female is considered by many to be discrimination, but separating sports in the same way isn't...?

I will never understand this new form of logic.

What kind of world do you live in where using the toilet is competitive?

User avatar
MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23691
Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:03 am

Freefall11111 wrote:
King Nephmir II wrote:Wait wait wait... so separating restrooms as male/female is considered by many to be discrimination, but separating sports in the same way isn't...?

I will never understand this new form of logic.

What kind of world do you live in where using the toilet is competitive?

Hey. Hey.

Don't tell me how to live my life.
FUTBOL GANG
Somewhere to the left of Attila the Hun
Social Juchetice Warrior
More cool stuff

Pizzagate expert
Guinean Unionist

The NS Parliament—Christian People's Congress: Join us! For family and faith.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 130490
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:45 am

Gauthier wrote:
Ifreann wrote:I have a plan. We get a DNA sample from every cis man and woman on Earth. We put them in two big blenders, and we create the Truest Man and Woman. Then we'll have them compete against each other in every sport, with additional clones for team sports. We'll finally make sports fair and solve the battle of the sexes, thus ushering in world peace.


Assuming they don't decide to reproduce together to create a True Human Master Race to dominate us inferiors.

We'll have to make sure they're both gay, just to be safe.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14736
Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:02 am

This creates a humorous quagmire.

If you say she should run with the men because she was born male, then it's transphobic.

If you say she has a competitive advantage against other women because she was born male, it's sexist.
Unreachable.

User avatar
Prosocial
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 171
Founded: May 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosocial » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:03 am

This very game once offered me the option to reform the system to be in divisions based on ability. I can understand top women being frustrated by competing evenly against mediocre men, but it does seem like the most fair and logical way to do it.

User avatar
Killdash
Minister
 
Posts: 3249
Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:47 am

Ifreann wrote:
Killdash wrote:
Caster Semenya, the South African woman's sprinter.

She turned out to have LHC syndrome. Biologically female, but with a massive excess of testosterone.

I choose to believe she had Large Hadron Collider syndrome.



I actually messed up there. The syndrome is CAH.

Too much Evangelion, :).
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

User avatar
Community Values
Minister
 
Posts: 2880
Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Community Values » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:20 am

Killdash wrote:
Ifreann wrote:I choose to believe she had Large Hadron Collider syndrome.



I actually messed up there. The syndrome is CAH.

Too much Evangelion, :).


CAH? I loved Cards Against Humanity.
"Corrupted by wealth and power, your government is like a restaurant with only one dish. They've got a set of Republican waiters on one side and a set of Democratic waiters on the other side. But no matter which set of waiters brings you the dish, the legislative grub is all prepared in the same Wall Street kitchen."
-Huey Long

User avatar
Killdash
Minister
 
Posts: 3249
Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Community Values wrote:
Killdash wrote:

I actually messed up there. The syndrome is CAH.

Too much Evangelion, :).


CAH? I loved Cards Against Humanity.



That should be the name of a syndrome though. Throw out Tourettes, change it to Cards Against Humanity disease.
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeritai, Alpes a Septentrionali imperium, Ballpit, Bombadil, Bozopolis, Cadiane, Dooom35796821595, Imperium of Dragonia, Jean-Paul Sartre, Jolthig, Juristonia, LiberNovusAmericae, Neanderthaland, New haven america, Publica, Questarian New Yorkshire, Samudera Darussalam, Sidesh0w B0b, The United America Empire, Transgender Dysphoria Blues, Versail

Advertisement

Remove ads