NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread Part Two

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Fictional Right-Wing Dictator

General Admiral Haffaz Aladeen (The Dictator)
11%
Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars)
24%
The Emperor (WH40k)
23%
Autarch Scolar Visari (Killzone)
3%
President Snow (The Hunger Games trilogy)
10%
Sauron (Lord of the Rings)
11%
Arcturus Mengsk (StarCraft series)
2%
Big Brother (Nineteen Eighty-Four)
8%
Adam Susan/Sutler (V for Vendetta)
8%

Total votes : 186

Dagashi
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:13 am

Dushan wrote:
Dagashi wrote:The only good Prussian was Frederick.

Do not tell that Kant and Hegel. They were Prussian too! :p

As much as I respect the fuck out of Hegel, he was a bourgeois rationalist.

Though Schopenhauer is in no position to call anyone a charlatan (except himself).
Embrace your inner Girliness.

Minzerland
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:21 am

Dagashi wrote:
Dushan wrote:

Though Schopenhauer is in no position to call anyone a charlatan (except himself).

'Common sense isn't so common.'
-Voltaire

'I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.'
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I'm a Tribune of the Plebs, so watch out, or I might just veto you. You may call me Minzerland or Sam.
Classical Libertarianism|Constitutional Monarchy|Secularism|Westphalian Sovereignty|
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Hello, people persistently believe I'm American, I'm here to remedy this; I'm an Australian of English, Swiss-Italian (on my mothers side), Scottish and Irish (on my fathers side) dissent.

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:24 am

Dagashi wrote:
Dushan wrote:

I've always had a fondness for the Schopenhauer. Also dat hairstyle.

Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

Dagashi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:24 am

Minzerland wrote:
Dagashi wrote:

I'm sorry, but Schopenhauer needs to suppress his own bloody wille zum leben before he tells anyone else to.

Minzerland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:35 am

Dagashi wrote:
Minzerland wrote:

I'm sorry, but Schopenhauer needs to suppress his own bloody wille zum leben before he tells anyone else to.

I agree, but that slam was potent.
-Voltaire

'I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.'
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I'm a Tribune of the Plebs, so watch out, or I might just veto you. You may call me Minzerland or Sam.
Classical Libertarianism|Constitutional Monarchy|Secularism|Westphalian Sovereignty|
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Hello, people persistently believe I'm American, I'm here to remedy this; I'm an Australian of English, Swiss-Italian (on my mothers side), Scottish and Irish (on my fathers side) dissent.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 am

Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:48 am

Setgavarius wrote:
The V O I D wrote:I am a sociopath, sort of. I demonstrate many sociopathic traits, anyhow. I think I can shut off my empathy at a whim, almost.

Well, you know they used to call people with autism psychopaths.
I have an autism spectrum disorder and it's hard for me to empathize with people. For some reason I'm not consistently able to relate or keep my distance emotionally when it comes to things.

They used to also lobotomize autistic children as well. In fact the youngest child was four. Food for thought for the day.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Felrik
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Felrik » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:49 am

The East Marches wrote:

"They're all like Parrots, parroting each other, saying they're right and the other person is wrong."
- Felrik, 3:34 Am, 14 August 2016.

I believe I should have the Freedom to say whatever I like no matter how offensive without negative consequences ( free to criticise me though ).
And do as I like with in the confines of the law.

Pros: Meritocracy, Monarchy, Egalitarianism, free speech and free expression (Most of these are a given)

Cons: Feminism, people who put feelings before fact, and Islam also people who think the "Guilty until proven innocent" mentality is acceptable.

Dagashi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:52 am

Dushan wrote:
Dagashi wrote:

I've always had a fondness for the Schopenhauer. Also dat hairstyle.

Schopenhauer is not even shallow.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:53 am

Felrik wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

>He isn't an Equite

Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Felrik
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Felrik » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:54 am

The East Marches wrote:
Felrik wrote:

>He isn't an Equite

Touchè
"They're all like Parrots, parroting each other, saying they're right and the other person is wrong."

I believe I should have the Freedom to say whatever I like no matter how offensive without negative consequences ( free to criticise me though ).

Pros: Meritocracy, Monarchy, Egalitarianism, free speech and free expression (Most of these are a given)

Cons: Feminism, people who put feelings before fact, and Islam also people who think the "Guilty until proven innocent" mentality is acceptable.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:55 am

Felrik wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
>He isn't an Equite

Touchè

To be honest though, Marcus Aurelius a best.

Felrik
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Felrik » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:57 am

The East Marches wrote:
Felrik wrote:
Touchè

He was.

Felrik
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Felrik » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:02 am

The East Marches wrote:
Felrik wrote:
Touchè

He's like the George Orwell of the ancient world, he and Orwell are the best.

Dagashi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:03 am

I was recently reading some of G. Gentile's essays on Fascism, and found them intriguing. His ideas are a lot different from nationalism then people would expect from the philosopher of Fascism. He criticizes the nationalist state as "aristocratic," and believes states cannot exist a priori, they can only exist in fieri. "Every citizen shares a relationship with the State that is so intimate that the State exists only in so far as it made to exist by the citizen."

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:03 am

What do the gentlemen of the RWDT think of why China never industrialized? Before the West, China had stability, wealth, good government (for the time) and a good level of scientific achievement. What reasons do you think are behind China's lack of such an event. By all means, they should have had one much before the West.
Last edited by The East Marches on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:05 am

Dagashi wrote:I was recently reading some of G. Gentile's essays on Fascism, and found them intriguing. His ideas are a lot different from nationalism then people would expect from the philosopher of Fascism. He criticizes the nationalist state as "aristocratic," and believes states cannot exist a priori, they can only exist in fieri. "Every citizen shares a relationship with the State that is so intimate that the State exists only in so far as it made to exist by the citizen."

What is the difference between "priori" and "fieri"?

Felrik wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

He's like the George Orwell of the ancient world, he and Orwell are the best.

I can appreciate some of Orwell's ideas. Not all but some. Huxley I think was a better judge of what the future holds.
Last edited by The East Marches on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minzerland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:05 am

The East Marches wrote:What do the gentlemen of the RWDT think of why China never industrialized? Before the West, China had stability, wealth, good government (for the time) and a good level of scientific achievement. What reasons do you think are behind China's lack of such an event. By all means, they should have had one much before the West.

Why it didn't before Western interaction? Or after?
-Voltaire

-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Felrik
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Felrik » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:06 am

The East Marches wrote:What do the gentlemen of the RWDT think of why China never industrialized? Before the West, China had stability, wealth, good government (for the time( and a good level of scientific achievement. What reasons do you think are behind China's lack of such an event. By all means, they should have had one much before the West.

Stuck in tradition I'd guess, recent political turmoil, don't know enough about China's history to find out.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:08 am

The East Marches wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've felt this way since I was seven, and the extra eight or nine years of bullying, beatings, etc. on top of the teachers generally either ignoring me or not caring because I was put into 'special ed' for "lashing out"... yeah, I think I have a right to say I'm pretty sure I know what's going on with me. Sometimes, if I'm being honest, I can hardly bring myself to care about anyone.

My therapist I'm seeing because my parents want me to see one (they don't know about my sociopathy or anything; haven't bothered to tell them, wanted to spare them of that) claims I am mildly depressed, but not yet clinically. I also may or may not have some form of PTSD due to nightmares, ever-increasing paranoia of harm coming to me in public places, or sometimes even with family, and sometimes zoning out and feeling the pain of some of the beatings from bullies I've gotten. This, along with my sociopathy, points to me being generally unstable. How I've lasted this long with my ruse and people not even questioning my sanity IRL is beyond me.

Did you ever learn to stand up for yourself? I mean this sincerely. Did you punch your bullies square in the face?

And on another note. It takes more courage to admit you are wounded, whether physically or mentally than it does to continue on existing as a burden. From what I have seen, your mind is quite injured. It requires medicine and recovery. Get on that in a quick manner. It is bad to let such things fester.

I learned to defend myself, sure. That's what made it stop, recently. Well, that and I come from the tall side of my family, so now the people who used to bully me barely come up to my shoulders. It helps that I have broad shoulders and overall have an imposing figure in person. They only bullied me because I used to be smaller than they and walked funny because of my flat feet and because, to them, I was just some retard. Pretty sure they still think that, they're just too scared of me to do shit about it.

The last time I was bullied, a kid half my size was poking at me with a traffic cone, and then kept hitting me in the leg with it. I got fed up, ripped it from him, gripped him by the neck and lifted him about a foot into the air, staring him right in the eyes. Suffice it to say when I finally dropped him, he was scared the piss out of (possibly literally) me. Like, I genuinely struck fear into him. Most of the bullies saw me do it, as did most of my Phys Ed class. The reason I stopped getting bullied is probably because people realized I was getting too big to do it to anymore.

Honestly, if it weren't for my self-control, I might've choked the kid while I had him in my hand.

The Kievan People wrote:
The V O I D wrote:My therapist I'm seeing because my parents want me to see one (they don't know about my sociopathy or anything; haven't bothered to tell them, wanted to spare them of that) claims I am mildly depressed, but not yet clinically. I also may or may not have some form of PTSD due to nightmares, ever-increasing paranoia of harm coming to me in public places, or sometimes even with family, and sometimes zoning out and feeling the pain of some of the beatings from bullies I've gotten. This, along with my sociopathy, points to me being generally unstable. How I've lasted this long with my ruse and people not even questioning my sanity IRL is beyond me.

It sounds less like you are a sociopath and more like someone who is just very depressed. And a teenager. Possibly with some autism in there. Growing up is hard, no joke. Reduced affect and inability to feel good are symptoms of depression, not psychopathy.

I diagnosed myself with all the things when I was in high school. All the things. In retrospect I was just lonely and socially awkward.

My parents think I may have aspergers, but I am honestly unsure. Personally, I don't care either way. If I'm a sociopath or not, it changes nothing of my experiences. Nor does it change my disdain for most of humanity. Sometimes it pains me to even be the same species as the people who bullied me. Y'know, they treated me like some animal or different species; sometimes, I wish it were the truth. At least then, I wouldn't be genetically linked to them even remotely (by virtue of not even being the same species).

I think the only way my perception on humanity could've been anymore tainted is if my family treated me the same way everyone else seemed to. At least my family showed me that humanity, in very few numbers it seems, is/are capable of good and love. Were it not for that, I'm unsure of what would've happened.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:10 am

Minzerland wrote:
The East Marches wrote:What do the gentlemen of the RWDT think of why China never industrialized? Before the West, China had stability, wealth, good government (for the time) and a good level of scientific achievement. What reasons do you think are behind China's lack of such an event. By all means, they should have had one much before the West.

Why it didn't before Western interaction? Or after?

I don't know the exact answer myself. I'm reading a book on the Chinese Taiping rebellion at the moment and the thought occurred to me. How could such a civlized country not advance forward?

My own thoughts is that perhaps it is possible to become too civilized. That is to say, become so wrapped up in tradition that it is impossible to move forward. Perhaps there wasn't a need either. China used to have rich lands. Necessity is the mother of all invention, perhaps they simply didn't have a need.

Felrik wrote:
The East Marches wrote:What do the gentlemen of the RWDT think of why China never industrialized? Before the West, China had stability, wealth, good government (for the time( and a good level of scientific achievement. What reasons do you think are behind China's lack of such an event. By all means, they should have had one much before the West.

Stuck in tradition I'd guess, recent political turmoil, don't know enough about China's history to find out.

That was roughly along the lines of my thoughts. See my above post for more details on the matter.

Dagashi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:15 am

The East Marches wrote:
Dagashi wrote:I was recently reading some of G. Gentile's essays on Fascism, and found them intriguing. His ideas are a lot different from nationalism then people would expect from the philosopher of Fascism. He criticizes the nationalist state as "aristocratic," and believes states cannot exist a priori, they can only exist in fieri. "Every citizen shares a relationship with the State that is so intimate that the State exists only in so far as it made to exist by the citizen."

What is the difference between "priori" and "fieri"?

"A priori" means based on theoretical deduction, while "in fieri" means in the process of being accomplished. Gentile basically believed that the state did not exist beforehand, but was always in the process of being created by it's citizen.

Felrik
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Felrik » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:16 am

1. Hated Buisness
Merchants were commonly on the bottom of the hierarchy and treated fairly badly.
So a lot of people avoided being a merchant, as far as I can tell.

2. British Didn't impress the Chinese
As much as it is ridiculous, apparently British technological advancements did not impress the Emperor resulting in them never adopting a lot of the tech.

This is based of what I do know of Chinese history and my own personal theories.

Minzerland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:19 am

The East Marches wrote:
Minzerland wrote:Why it didn't before Western interaction? Or after?

I don't know the exact answer myself. I'm reading a book on the Chinese Taiping rebellion at the moment and the thought occurred to me. How could such a civlized country not advance forward?

My own thoughts is that perhaps it is possible to become too civilized. That is to say, become so wrapped up in tradition that it is impossible to move forward. Perhaps there wasn't a need either. China used to have rich lands. Necessity is the mother of all invention, perhaps they simply didn't have a need.

I personally think they had no major competitors, they had no motivation for innovation. That and a hyper conservative attitude, too stuck in the old ways.
-Voltaire

-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:24 am

China did best divided and beholden to European Powers. Gunboat diplomacy was king for a reason. And why it never industrialized? Honestly, look at how quickly they went "warlord era", even going so far as to have bandits with armored cars in manchuria during the late 30s. That capacity for bedlam, and the "Warring States" period alone speaks to why they never industrialized before western involvement.
Last edited by Eisarn-Ara on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Nex Alea
Glory & Victory unto the Pact!
I'm pro thrall-taking, are you?
Immigrants're grody; Paris, Berlin & Brussels proved that.
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Cultural Integrity!
Dictating matters of policy & legality because of "feelings" is foolhardy at best, and the reason why SJWism is cancerous at worst.
Altruism is worthless outside of a community and in small doses.
We owe you nothing, and you'll like it.
Arabs cannot do "Modern War"
You are all terrible.

Blacksmith/Metallurgist btw(Mostly Blades) & Academic Reconstructionist Heathen of the Continental Variety, Legitimate Sneering Western Imperialist, Western Classicalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General