NATION

PASSWORD

Monarchist discussion thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What type of Monarchist are you?

Absolutist
13%
UK style Constitutional
23%
Saudi style Constitutional
1%
Prussia style Constitutional
7%
Imperial Germany style Constitutional
9%
Holy Roman Empire Style
5%
Elected Monarchist
4%
Liberal Social Democrat Monarchist(Like me)
7%
Other(Explain below)
4%
None
28%

Total votes : 356

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Britanania wrote:By having a civilian led military, of course. That's the same reason the US has never suffered a military coup, but every other Presidential system has: the military and government are rather separated. Germany's problem was that the military was basically a state in its own right, same with Japan.

Wasn't the Kaiser technically in charge of the military in the Imperial German/Prussian constitution?

Ehhhhhh

By the end of the Great War, Hindenburg was basically in control of the government.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Britanania wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Wasn't the Kaiser technically in charge of the military in the Imperial German/Prussian constitution?

Ehhhhhh

By the end of the Great War, Hindenburg was basically in control of the government.

Well, de-facto that was true. But from what I can recall, legally speaking the Kaiser was the de-jure leader of the military.

Which Japan also copied (as they copied most of the German constitution as they modernized). But that still didn't stop the military from getting a stranglehold on the monarch and overturning their authority.
Last edited by Salus Maior on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:The Shah was a horrible person and a colonial puppet that oppressed everyone.

HIM Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi was far from a colonial puppet. In fact the US quietly supported the revolution that overthrew him. The idea that he was a Western puppet is entirely a fabrication of the Islamists. Under the Shah, Iran modernised rapidly, becoming the Middle East's strongest economy and the foremost power in the region. He improved rights for women, greatly increased the literacy rate and invested massively in infrastructure. His rule was not some magical golden age, true; apart from the imperial government's "human rights violations", which paled by comparison to that of the ayatollahs, his "White Revolution" was often ill-planned and alienated traditionalists whilst also resulting in widespread unemployment for the newly educated young people for whom there simply weren't enough jobs available. His regime was also overly dependent on oil revenues, an issue hardly unique to Iran in the region. However his intentions were good and his authoritarian style of rule probably necessary in that time and place. As the Shah himself put it, "When Iranians learn to behave like Swedes, I will behave like the King of Sweden."

All in all, the Shah was vastly preferable to the current Iranian regime and your character assassination of him his manifestly unfair.

You're pro modernism? What?

I think his modernization of the country was a big part of why he was terrible. He did do good things I guess. So did Khomeini. That doesn't excuse everything else they pulled. I am, obviously enough, not one to sympathize with the crackdown on Islamists. But he suppressed far more people than just Islamists.
No side in that aside from the Ayatollahs that opposed both the Shah and Khomeini's new interpretation of Ithna'ashari philosophy, metaphysics and law, Strongly opposing Wilayat al Faqih (Which was up until fairly recently, most of them) post overthrow of the Shah was supportable from a reactionary Islamic perspective.
At least you have a balanced view of it and recognize the inarguably bad parts.

Why would you even want Iran to be like the modern west? That would make having a monarch meaningless.
Last edited by Jochizyd Republic on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:21 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Britanania wrote:Ehhhhhh

Well, de-facto that was true. But from what I can recall, legally speaking the Kaiser was the de-jure leader of the military.

Which Japan also copied (as they copied most of the German constitution as they modernized). But that still didn't stop the military from getting a stranglehold on the monarch and overturning their authority.

Japan also has a long history of military control over the Emperor and government. Emperor Meiji is the exception, not the rule.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Britanania wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Japan also has a long history of military control over the Emperor and government. Emperor Meiji is the exception, not the rule.

True. But that still begs my question which is, how can a centralized monarchy prevent the military from overturning its authority?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:24 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:You're pro modernization? What?

I think his modernization of the country was a big part of why he was terrible. He did do good things I guess. So did Khomeini. That doesn't excuse everything else they pulled.
No side in that aside from the Ayatollahs that opposed both the Shah and Khomeini's new interpretation of Ithna'ashari philosophy, metaphysics and law, Strongly opposing Wilayat al Faqih post overthrow of the Shah was supportable from a reactionary Islamic perspective.

Define "modernization" as you're using it?

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:24 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Britanania wrote:Japan also has a long history of military control over the Emperor and government. Emperor Meiji is the exception, not the rule.

True. But that still begs my question which is, how can a centralized monarchy prevent the military from overturning its authority?

I reiterate, by giving the civilian sphere control.

That way a monarch can't abuse it, and without them being government agents they couldn't take control over the government.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:35 am

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:HIM Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi was far from a colonial puppet. In fact the US quietly supported the revolution that overthrew him. The idea that he was a Western puppet is entirely a fabrication of the Islamists. Under the Shah, Iran modernised rapidly, becoming the Middle East's strongest economy and the foremost power in the region. He improved rights for women, greatly increased the literacy rate and invested massively in infrastructure. His rule was not some magical golden age, true; apart from the imperial government's "human rights violations", which paled by comparison to that of the ayatollahs, his "White Revolution" was often ill-planned and alienated traditionalists whilst also resulting in widespread unemployment for the newly educated young people for whom there simply weren't enough jobs available. His regime was also overly dependent on oil revenues, an issue hardly unique to Iran in the region. However his intentions were good and his authoritarian style of rule probably necessary in that time and place. As the Shah himself put it, "When Iranians learn to behave like Swedes, I will behave like the King of Sweden."

All in all, the Shah was vastly preferable to the current Iranian regime and your character assassination of him his manifestly unfair.

I'm pro-modernisation. Yes, I think that modern hospitals, economic development, higher literacy rates and a stronger military are all good things. The question is, why do you not?
I think his modernization of the country was a big part of why he was terrible.

Why? What do you have against educating women and developing the economy? Would you prefer that Iran remained a rural economy with low literacy rates and little modern infrastructure? Iran couldn't deal with the USSR and the West on a close to equal footing without developing itself and accepting some aspects of modern living. Japan did the same thing in the 19th century; other nations such as Vietnam and Qing China were slower to do so and reaped the consequences.
He did do good things I guess. So did Khomeini. That doesn't excuse everything else they pulled. I am, obviously enough, not one to sympathize with the crackdown on Islamists. But he suppressed far more people than just Islamists.

I can live with Islamism being suppressed. The other groups that were supressed- communists, republicans and liberal democrats- don't engender a great deal of sympathy from me either. Personally I think that the Shah's promotion of pre-Islamic Iranian culture was a positive development. I don't necessarily agree with all of his reforms, but he was the Shah. You don't have to agree with your sovereign, you are expected to be loyal to them anyway.
No side in that aside from the Ayatollahs that opposed both the Shah and Khomeini's new interpretation of Ithna'ashari philosophy, metaphysics and law, Strongly opposing Wilayat al Faqih (Which was up until fairly recently, most of them) post overthrow of the Shah was supportable from a reactionary Islamic perspective.

I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

I like to try and look at history from a somewhat impartial perspective.
Why would you even want Iran to be like the modern west? That would make having a monarch meaningless.

I never said I wanted Iran to be like the modern west. I would like Iran to be a strong and developed country under its traditional form of governance, the monarchy. The Shah's reign saw a great Renaissance in Iranian culture and identity, accompanied by improvements in the quality of life of his people. How could that be a bad thing?
Britanania wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

The Meiji Emperor himself was far from an absolute monarch. Power in Meiji era Japan was firmly held by the oligarchy. It's unclear how influential the Emperor himself was.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:22 am

Old Tyrannia wrote:I'm pro-modernisation. Yes, I think that modern hospitals, economic development, higher literacy rates and a stronger military are all good things. The question is, why do you not?

Oh. Well. Yeah. Those are good things but they came with very dangerous and harmful values. Khomeini also heavily funded things like that. And was very charitable to the poor and legitimately caring about medical development. Doesn't excuse what he brought with him
Old Tyrannia wrote:Why? What do you have against educating women and developing the economy? Would you prefer that Iran remained a rural economy with low literacy rates and little modern infrastructure? Iran couldn't deal with the USSR and the West on a close to equal footing without developing itself and accepting some aspects of modern living. Japan did the same thing in the 19th century; other nations such as Vietnam and Qing China were slower to do so and reaped the consequences.

Yeah but the modern western liberal values were very harmful to be brought along with reforms like that. Leading to cultural decay in Iran that is actually still there with high infidelity rates and an emphasis on materialism prevalent.

Old Tyrannia wrote:
I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

I'm saying that the Ayatollahs that opposed Khomeini's Guradianship of the Jurist and the Shah's anti-traditional approach to rule in favor of a traditional Shi'a Islamic Monarchy were better options for monarchists to support.

Old Tyrannia wrote:I never said I wanted Iran to be like the modern west. I would like Iran to be a strong and developed country under its traditional form of governance, the monarchy. The Shah's reign saw a great Renaissance in Iranian culture and identity, accompanied by improvements in the quality of life of his people. How could that be a bad thing?

Because it was fundamentally based in materialism, anti-traditionalism and anti Islamic rule.

Revolutionary Modernism in all but name and outward appearance, really.
Last edited by Jochizyd Republic on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

Roderia and the Nirubatu Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Roderia and the Nirubatu Isles » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:03 am

Behran wrote:The people of Iran overthrew their oppressive monarch and hopefully the people of Saudi Arabia will do the same.

Didn't they also smash up the American embassy and make it so that noone would ever trust Iran ever again...

That's not really an improvement.

Like, I'm Australian republic for lyf, but Iran isn't the best example of Republicanism.
Advance Australia

Pro: Australian Republic, Pro Flag-Change, National Pride, Progressive Equality
Anti: Political Correctness, SJWs, Monarchism, Communism, Bogan 'Nationalism'.

Arachno-Satinism
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arachno-Satinism » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:49 am

I find the concept of unified Indonesian monarchy too alien and hardly worthy to be taken seriously. For other countries, sure, maybe, though generally I prefer republicanism out of principle.
Last edited by Arachno-Satinism on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sieg Hamasho! also Homura still literally did nothing wrong.
Remove all populist demagogues shqip shqip
BRING BACK ROCKEFELLER REPUBLICANISM

"Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It is by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I am human." -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Socialist Tera
Senator

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Tera » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:02 am

How is monarchy determined if the ruling family is killed?
Theistic Satanist, Anarchist, Survivalist, eco-socialist. ex-tankie.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:05 am

Socialist Tera wrote:How is monarchy determined if the ruling family is killed?

Killing off absolutely everyone with a traceable relation to the royal house would be very difficult. If it were to somehow happen- i.e., if there was no one left with a validated claim to the throne- there are a number of possibilities depending on the country and culture in question.
Arachno-Satinism wrote:I find the concept of unified Indonesian monarchy too alien and hardly worthy to be taken seriously. For other countries, sure, maybe, though generally I prefer republicanism out of principle.

I would like to see Indonesia as a federation of indigenous monarchies like Malaysia. It would be nice for the Dutch monarch to remain paramount king or queen, but the Malaysian model could work just as well, with the position of supreme head of state rotated among the various Indonesian state rulers.
Last edited by Old Tyrannia on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Dagashi Shojo
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi Shojo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:06 am

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Socialist Tera wrote:How is monarchy determined if the ruling family is killed?

Killing off absolutely everyone with a traceable relation to the royal house would be very difficult. If it were to somehow happen- i.e., if there was no one left with a validated claim to the throne- there are a number of possibilities depending on the country and culture in question.

Didn't a lot of countries without a royal family invite someone from another country over to be their monarch? Royals have a history of assimilating extremely well.
The hime cut will always be the best hair cut.
Corporatist, Voluntarist, and Idealist.
Eternal Corporatist, she who is always mistaken for corporatocracy.

Sjealand
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:08 am

Dagashi Shojo wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Killing off absolutely everyone with a traceable relation to the royal house would be very difficult. If it were to somehow happen- i.e., if there was no one left with a validated claim to the throne- there are a number of possibilities depending on the country and culture in question.

Didn't a lot of countries without a royal family invite someone from another country over to be their monarch? Royals have a history of assimilating extremely well.

Yea, a lot of countries asked princes from my country (Denmark) to be their monarchs because Denmark was small and neutral

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:10 am

Dagashi Shojo wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Killing off absolutely everyone with a traceable relation to the royal house would be very difficult. If it were to somehow happen- i.e., if there was no one left with a validated claim to the throne- there are a number of possibilities depending on the country and culture in question.

That was common practice in the 19th century, when having a monarch who was related to the other great houses of Europe and therefore "part of the club" was important for newly independent states to establish themselves diplomatically and gain prestige and acceptance. It's a very valid way to go about things if the monarch comes from a relatively similar culture and is invited by the people of the nation to assume the throne. Even better if the monarch actually has some sort of tie to the country.
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Socialist Tera
Senator

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Tera » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 am

Dagashi Shojo wrote:

Are you referring to the myth of King Rurik I?
Theistic Satanist, Anarchist, Survivalist, eco-socialist. ex-tankie.

Dagashi Shojo
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagashi Shojo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:25 am

Socialist Tera wrote:
Dagashi Shojo wrote:

Are you referring to the myth of King Rurik I?

No, I'm referring to monarchies between 18 - 20th century Europe. The American, Irish, and Baltic states all considered asking German princes to come and be their kings for instance.
The hime cut will always be the best hair cut.
Corporatist, Voluntarist, and Idealist.
Eternal Corporatist, she who is always mistaken for corporatocracy.

Thama
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Thama » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:30 am

I like UK style monarchies. The Queen has more power than you think ;)

Personally though if I was in charge of anything, I'd be an absolute monarch, sorry not sorry.

If Poland were to become a monarchy with the old nobility reinstated, I'd be a duke, so honestly I like the idea, but it's quite unrealistic.
Maybe we'd get our castle back at least, even though it's a bloody ruin. Goddamn Commies ruining my house!
Last edited by Thama on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Politics? In my NS? It's more likely than you think.
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.50
Factbook, not stats. Not a guy, not a gal.
- The Nikopolian Empire and Archoncy of Thama -
- Des Nikopolsraik ed Arkoncy of Thama -
Capital city: Capital District Territory
Official languages: Ostspeak, Llynduneg
Government: Federated Parliamentary Monarchy
Population: 234,240,000
Head of State: Cedric Stargard
National Anthem: First March
Technology Level: Class V11 (Late PMT)
Area: 6,103,670 Sq km (mainland)
Old Map

Insert Cliche Here

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 am

Dagashi Shojo wrote:

They did. The one I remember most closely is the Hohenzollern candidacy for the vacant Spanish throne which contributed to the outbreak of the Franco-Prussian War.
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:So, uh... Is this another one of those threads where everyone is supposed to feel outraged and circle-jerk in agreement of how injust and terrible the described incident is?

Because if it is, I'm probably going to say something mean and contrary just to contradict the majority.

This nation is now IC-ly known as the Teutonic Reich.

Nusaresa
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 am

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:HIM Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi was far from a colonial puppet. In fact the US quietly supported the revolution that overthrew him. The idea that he was a Western puppet is entirely a fabrication of the Islamists. Under the Shah, Iran modernised rapidly, becoming the Middle East's strongest economy and the foremost power in the region. He improved rights for women, greatly increased the literacy rate and invested massively in infrastructure. His rule was not some magical golden age, true; apart from the imperial government's "human rights violations", which paled by comparison to that of the ayatollahs, his "White Revolution" was often ill-planned and alienated traditionalists whilst also resulting in widespread unemployment for the newly educated young people for whom there simply weren't enough jobs available. His regime was also overly dependent on oil revenues, an issue hardly unique to Iran in the region. However his intentions were good and his authoritarian style of rule probably necessary in that time and place. As the Shah himself put it, "When Iranians learn to behave like Swedes, I will behave like the King of Sweden."

I think his modernization of the country was a big part of why he was terrible. He did do good things I guess. So did Khomeini. That doesn't excuse everything else they pulled. I am, obviously enough, not one to sympathize with the crackdown on Islamists. But he suppressed far more people than just Islamists.

You see, Iran wanted to somehow emulate the success of this mystical monarchy named Japan, which was in a way a bastion of modernization and tradition. However, the modernization Reza Shah tried to pursue was ultimately conflicting with pre-existing social norms and alienated a lot of the more traditional Iranians. I'd say the early stages (pre 70s crisis) much of the anti-Shah movement was 'secular' traditionalist, not the sort like the Khomeinism of the late 70s.

Needless to say, I remain anti-Shah and would have liked it if Mossadegh was never toppled in a coup by the British and Americans. Mossadegh would have been more cautious to the needs of the traditional Iranian society while pursuing what would one hope a form of more suitable modernization.
Old Tyrannia wrote:I would like to see Indonesia as a federation of indigenous monarchies like Malaysia. It would be nice for the Dutch monarch to remain paramount king or queen, but the Malaysian model could work just as well, with the position of supreme head of state rotated among the various Indonesian state rulers.

Nusaresa wrote:[Negaraku and Malaysian Federation Intensifies]
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

confirmed yandere bishounen
Climate Change needs to stop being a partisan issue

Implacable Death
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Implacable Death » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:17 am

The Greater Aryan Race wrote:
Dagashi Shojo wrote:

They did. The one I remember most closely is the Hohenzollern candidacy for the vacant Spanish throne which contributed to the outbreak of the Franco-Prussian War.

Or how the Dutch king William III became the British king. It's interesting, you know. How closely linked all the royal houses were, which you would think would be advantageous in avoiding war, but in the end it usually ended up mattering nothing at all whatsoever.
Okay so apparently these days it's hot and happening to show your gender.
I am MALE. WTF is cis? I am MALE. I like to belch and laugh at fart jokes.

Oh, by the way: gender and sex are the same thing. They are part of a binary system.
Transgenderism is not supported by scientific evidence.

The greatest evils of our day: islamism, liberalism, George Soros

How can you accuse me of evil? Though these deeds be unsavory, no one will argue: good shall follow from them.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Sarcasteak
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarcasteak » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:23 am

Being in a monarchy-based country in S.E Asia, I have to say that I hate the monarchy. I view them as a useless puppet, siphoning people's money by simply doing nothing.

New Communist and Socialist Unions
Senator

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Communist and Socialist Unions » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:26 am

Holy Roman Empire Style, with communism thrown into the mixture.

We have Tanistry succession so anyone that will get elected will be a member of our dynasty, although bastards might get elected... So yeah, Celtic succession...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Dead, yet dreaming, Cthulhu waits in his palace in R'lyeh.

Your handy R'lyethian translator
Probably my best post...
I am an Arthur dude... With GIGA PUDDI!!!!! AWOOGA MATE-O! I Dun use NS stats.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:30 am

New Communist and Socialist Unions wrote:Holy Roman Empire Style, with communism thrown into the mixture.

We have Tanistry succession so anyone that will get elected will be a member of our dynasty, although bastards might get elected... So yeah, Celtic succession...

General is an out of character forum, for the discussion of real-life views, not your NS nation.
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General