NATION

PASSWORD

Monarchist discussion thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What type of Monarchist are you?

Absolutist
13%
UK style Constitutional
23%
Saudi style Constitutional
1%
Prussia style Constitutional
7%
Imperial Germany style Constitutional
9%
Holy Roman Empire Style
5%
Elected Monarchist
4%
Liberal Social Democrat Monarchist(Like me)
7%
Other(Explain below)
4%
None
28%

Total votes : 356

Redsection
Minister

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsection » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:01 pm

It seems monarchists have not realized their kings crown is from Burger King ......

But in all seriousness I think monarchies run alongside a fascist state are the best , for example when under Franco's rule there was still a king , and the same with mussolini.
[*]National Syndicalist
[*]Soon to join the American Blackshirt Party
[*]Majority European, Native American ancestry, latino heritage
[*]Anti: Globalism , Communism , Nazism, Satanism
[*]Pro: Fascism, Guns Rights, Militias

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:04 pm

No modern supporters of fascism have actually lived in a fascist state.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Soyouso
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Soyouso » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:06 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Soyouso wrote:I am a fascist, and because I prefer authoritarian leadership I wouldn't mind a monarch, as it is one of the leader types that could fit fascist criteria. Granted they and any heirs are trained thoroughly and are competent enough. So I support it, but I am not strictly a monarchist per say.

Yes, to answer the OP. If a movement of monarchists got big enough, you could make Europe monarchist again, But you guys have many enemies, many people who want to fight you guys. So if you want monarchy in Europe again, all types of monarchists would have to put their differences aside and start a movement. Before you fight each other you should at least get a foundation, mm? And there is my advice.

An alliance between us monarchists and you fascists would be temporary, I can assure you of that.

But if it can bring our monarchs back, it's a necessary evil.

Indeed. Listen, us fascists seek to bring back the glory of our nation, give our people a reason to be proud, and enforce a stable system worth being nationalist over. It is possible for a monarch to be fascist if the choosing of the heirs is based on their merit.
I'd personally prefer a flat out dictator, but an absolute or at the very least authoritarian monarch is also fine by me. But we can all agree, no matter what type we want, that modern day leadership is not stable enough, and needs a better system, hm? I do believe it'd be better for Europe. I am (US) American, but the Europeans deserve better than the shite they have to deal with nowadays.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Soyouso wrote:Indeed. Listen, us fascists seek to bring back the glory of our nation, give our people a reason to be proud, and enforce a stable system worth being nationalist over. It is possible for a monarch to be fascist if the choosing of the heirs is based on their merit.
I'd personally prefer a flat out dictator, but an absolute or at the very least authoritarian monarch is also fine by me. But we can all agree, no matter what type we want, that modern day leadership is not stable enough, and needs a better system, hm? I do believe it'd be better for Europe. I am (US) American, but the Europeans deserve better than the shite they have to deal with nowadays.

That's all great, but fascism typically accomplishes that through militarism and authoritarianism. Monarchs, even absolute ones, don't necessarily have the same level of control as dictators. Dictators, at least first-generation ones, screw with a fundamental part of monarchy as well: he who doesn't seek power should rule. Dictators not only want power, but seek to keep it through their strong military and propaganda, as well as control over the media.

But yes, we can agree that modern leadership is not stable. Europe is run by corrupt kurwas that don't understand their people. They are not being accurately represented. I myself am a European expat (take a wild guess where I'm from), and most probable heir of two sizable properties.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Soyouso
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Soyouso » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:30 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Soyouso wrote:Indeed. Listen, us fascists seek to bring back the glory of our nation, give our people a reason to be proud, and enforce a stable system worth being nationalist over. It is possible for a monarch to be fascist if the choosing of the heirs is based on their merit.

That's all great, but fascism typically accomplishes that through militarism and authoritarianism. Monarchs, even absolute ones, don't necessarily have the same level of control as dictators. Dictators, at least first-generation ones, screw with a fundamental part of monarchy as well: he who doesn't seek power should rule. Dictators not only want power, but seek to keep it through their strong military and propaganda, as well as control over the media.

But yes, we can agree that modern leadership is not stable. Europe is run by corrupt kurwas that don't understand their people. They are not being accurately represented. I myself am a European expat (take a wild guess where I'm from), and most probable heir of two sizable properties.

I see your point. But an absolute monarch can just as easily do the same thing as a dictator, there are just certain boundaries they typically don't cross like a dictator would. And all nations have propaganda, for they all want to maintain control over their people, even the less tyrant-like ones do it. Either way, a nation should be able to prove their ability beyond propaganda. If the only reason the people like a leader is because they showed them fake pictures then that is the sign of an incompetent leader who must be replaced for someone who deserves it.

I do hope that more nations have more nationalist leaders, whose first value is their country. Even if not fascist, those who actually give a damn about their nation are better for leadership, for they will represent their people. This way they'll put their people before their own selfish desires and do what is best for them. A monarch is more likely to do this than a president who won office through a popularity contest, taking money from enemy nations and buying votes. *cough* *cough* Hillary Clinton *cough*
Last edited by Soyouso on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secundus Imperium Romanum
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:09 pm

A constitutional monarchy with the powers of each legally defined is the best option for a people in general, the problem of the monarchist cause spread are the people listening to certain absolutists and think that we will regress to the middle ages.
Secundus Imperium Romanum
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:48 pm

NeuPolska wrote:An alliance between us monarchists and you fascists would be temporary, I can assure you of that.

I would never ally with a fascist. Fascists cannot be trusted.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Escocaria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Escocaria » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:54 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:An alliance between us monarchists and you fascists would be temporary, I can assure you of that.

Fascists can be trusted to not be trusted, this just makes them useful to exploit.
Last edited by Escocaria on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro-Union Anglo-Scot

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Escocaria wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:I would never ally with a fascist. Fascists cannot be trusted.

Fascists can be trusted to not be trusted, this just makes them useful to exploit.

Personally, I favour a standing directive of no quarter when it comes to fascists.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Escocaria wrote:I'm a UK-Style Constitutional monarchy...if the monarch had more power and was actively involved in politics. The aristocracy also still exists but is mostly uninvolved in politics aside from doing their duty as citizens of the Empire. The government itself is also slightly more militaristic due to cultural differences but is still mostly similar to the UK model.

General is an OOC forum.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Escocaria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Escocaria » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Escocaria wrote:I'm a UK-Style Constitutional monarchy...if the monarch had more power and was actively involved in politics. The aristocracy also still exists but is mostly uninvolved in politics aside from doing their duty as citizens of the Empire. The government itself is also slightly more militaristic due to cultural differences but is still mostly similar to the UK model.

General is an OOC forum.

I thought I saw people saying what government form they were in NS. My mistake then...
Pro-Union Anglo-Scot

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:21 pm

NeuPolska wrote: I myself am a European expat (take a wild guess where I'm from), and most probable heir of two sizable properties.

Germany.

:P I jest.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:22 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:

I would generally agree. Although I am a bit on the authoritarian side myself, in a Monarchist form.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General