NATION

PASSWORD

Germany increasing military spending

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed May 11, 2016 11:52 am

Baltenstein wrote:
Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:
Why? Germany has a stronger economy and better technology. A strong German military is in the best interest of the United States.

Poland has actually a greater number of operational Lepoard II's than Germany these days. They also have far, far more commitment to cause when it comes to containing Russia.

Germany's economy is still stronger and their population larger. They have a better capacity at turning out those Leopard IIs Poland bought. And I'd say after the 2 million the Russians raped in Berlin, the Germans aren't to fond of Ruskie either.
Bailey Quinn, Nice ta meet ya! (Female Pronouns Please)
Also known as Harley
NS Stats are not used here.
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3
Normal is a setting on the dryer

Crurnlark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Crurnlark » Wed May 11, 2016 11:54 am

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:Germany's economy is still stronger and their population larger. They have a better capacity at turning out those Leopard IIs Poland bought. And I'd say after the 2 million the Russians raped in Berlin, the Germans aren't to fond of Ruskie either.

Well, nobody is saying that the Germans would roll out the red carpet for Russia, just that Poland considers Russia a more pressing concern than Germany does. :P
Don't TG me, the mods think I'll bite. :P

Hollorous
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hollorous » Wed May 11, 2016 11:54 am

Risottia wrote:
Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:
Russiya. Dah?

A wonderful idea. After all, third time's the charm!

No wait, I guess it would be a bit more than the third time...

Germany pretty much beat the Russian Empire in WWI. Round 3 would be a tie-breaker, no?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 11, 2016 11:55 am

Baltenstein wrote:
Poland has actually a greater number of operational Lepoard II's than Germany these days. They also have far, far more commitment to cause when it comes to containing Russia.

Germany's economy is still stronger and their population larger. They have a better capacity at turning out those Leopard IIs Poland bought. And I'd say after the 2 million the Russians raped in Berlin, the Germans aren't to fond of Ruskie either.

Uhm, actually...we are rather fond of Russkie...
Besides, we may be better at turning out (Producing?) those MBTs but we`d have the people demonstrating on the streets because of the sudden amount of produced heavy weaponry. And we`d also not have enough crew cuz no one signes up for military. Especcially not in wartime when you could actually die for that job.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Serconas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serconas » Wed May 11, 2016 11:55 am

Geilinor wrote:This is probably necessary, I read that Germany has been neglecting its military recently.

Using the tanks by themselves instead of wanting to sell them to Saudi Arabia it seems.
A wild Owl appeared from the tall grass!

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed May 11, 2016 11:57 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

Uhm, actually...we are rather fond of Russkie...
Besides, we may be better at turning out (Producing?) those MBTs but we`d have the people demonstrating on the streets because of the sudden amount of produced heavy weaponry. And we`d also not have enough crew cuz no one signes up for military. Especcially not in wartime when you could actually die for that job.

I think Germans would sign up for the military if they felt Russia was going to come in and take their homes, as they are increasingly fearing. And no, Germans do not love Russians. The economic relationship between Russia and Germany is one of necessity because the US stupidly will not export natural gas to its European allies.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Paledonn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Paledonn » Wed May 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Its smart, terrorists can get in very easily with the refugees, Russia seeks to establish an Empire, and on top of all of this Trump wants to abandon them and go solo, while Hillary would defund our own military.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Uhm, actually...we are rather fond of Russkie...

I think Germans would sign up for the military if they felt Russia was going to come in and take their homes, as they are increasingly fearing. And no, Germans do not love Russians. The economic relationship between Russia and Germany is one of necessity because the US stupidly will not export natural gas to its European allies.

No. Just no.
And since when is Russia going to come and take our homes?
You know, Russia is not some country from Africa or even North Korea. They know the rules. Besides, no one in Germany is fearing that Russia comes and takes our homes. Currently everyone fears the syrian refugees more and fears that they come to take our homes.
Lel.
Economic Relationship one of necessity. Just say that it is much more profitable than trading with the US. Even if they were to export Natural Gas.

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed May 11, 2016 12:04 pm

No. Just no.
You know, Russia is not some country from Africa or even North Korea. They know the rules. Besides, no one in Germany is fearing that Russia comes and takes our homes. Currently everyone fears the syrian refugees more and fears that they come to take our homes.
Lel.
Economic Relationship one of necessity. Just say that it is much more profitable than trading with the US. Even if they were to export Natural Gas.

I see the Russian apologism is strong with this one. Clearly you forget the Berlin Wall and the 2 million raped and the countless slaughtered. Why don't you go move to Russia? The west doesn't want you.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:No. Just no.
Lel.

I see the Russian apologism is strong with this one. Clearly you forget the Berlin Wall and the 2 million raped and the countless slaughtered. Why don't you go move to Russia? The west doesn't want you.

Lel
As if I or anyone could forget that.
The problem though is, that Germany`s people are highly pacifist. Not to mention how strong the left is in Germany, especcially in eastern Germany. And they all like Russia. And the Right also likes Russia because Russia supported them a little recently.

Besides, if we talk about slaughtered, how about we talk about the countless millions we slaughtered in the east? If we really are to remember how many they slaughtered, then we better remember first what we did ourselves.

Besides, the wall was actually built by the east german government. They begged the Russians that they could please build that wall. East Germany had a serious problem with it`s citizens running over to the west, you know?

EDIT: Really nice. The West doesn`t want you. Sounds almost fascist to me. You don`t think like us so you go and leave?
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Wed May 11, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed May 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Lel
The problem though is, that Germany`s people are highly pacifist. Not to mention how strong the left is in Germany, especcially in eastern Germany. And they all like Russia. And the Right also likes Russia because Russia supported them a little recently.

Besides, if we talk about slaughtered, how about we talk about the countless millions we slaughtered in the east? If we really are to remember how many they slaughtered, then we better remember first what we did ourselves.

Besides, the wall was actually built by the east german government. They begged the Russians that they could please build that wall. East Germany had a serious problem with it`s citizens running over to the west, you know?

EDIT: Really nice. The West doesn`t want you. Sounds almost fascist to me. You don`t think like us so you go and leave?

Did you just call me a fascist? Ironic coming from someone who supports a dictator.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Lel

Did you just call me a fascist? Ironic coming from someone who supports a dictator.

Well, I never said that I wasn`t one myself, did I?

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed May 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Well, I never said that I wasn`t one myself, did I?

Well I'm not. I am a liberal that values equality and justice. So don't you dare call me one.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Well, I never said that I wasn`t one myself, did I?

Well I'm not. I am a liberal that values equality and justice. So don't you dare call me one.

Aha
Sounds very liberal to force people out because they don`t like your system.
Besides, you look like just another one of these guys who overglorify german military just because it was great 70 years ago.
Face the facts guys, ever since the west was so nice to tame Germany, people don`t really like war anymore.
And the evil Russia cliche is also slowly loosing it`s worth.
Give me one good reason that would make people massively go and fight for their country here in Germany. Take out all reasons that have something to do with Nationalism. For instance fighting for your country.

Besides, as said, even if they sign up, I doubt that they`ll be combat effective. Last REAL WAR we had was about 70 years ago. Afghanistan can`t really be counted as war. Kosovo probably also not. Not to mention that most of the people who were in Kosovo don`t serve anymore. And from Afghanistan we got back half of our soldiers traumatized. Way to go German Military.

Crurnlark
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Crurnlark » Wed May 11, 2016 12:40 pm

To be fair, as the fields of Psychology and Health developed, we detected PTSD more and more often. It could very well be the case that we just didn't figure out people had PTSD, rather than modern people being more susceptible to PTSD.

Singularity Multiversal Travel Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Singularity Multiversal Travel Empire » Wed May 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Crurnlark wrote:To be fair, as the fields of Psychology and Health developed, we detected PTSD more and more often. It could very well be the case that we just didn't figure out people had PTSD, rather than modern people being more susceptible to PTSD.

once you shine a light on something, people confuse the occurrence with the rate of appearance.
Officially an A-class civilization,
The Singularity Multiversal Travel Empire (SMTE) doesn't care!
but really a J-class civilization.
"Sapient self-governance is overrated. It all fails eventually. Have fun while you can."
-Andrew, the Dark Lord
"Do nothing to upset the passage of the Willpower of the Universe, and do all to preserve it."
The Emperor
"Life, death...all that matters is that we hold the line against entropy and thermodynamics. Entropy is death, the most ultimate and permanent."
an Imperial Senator, Tiberius Artim
THE EMPEROR PRESERVES

Led by the 2 billion member Imperial Senate- AND THE DARK LORD.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Wed May 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Crurnlark wrote:To be fair, as the fields of Psychology and Health developed, we detected PTSD more and more often. It could very well be the case that we just didn't figure out people had PTSD, rather than modern people being more susceptible to PTSD.

My understanding is that modern warfare, more so than older forms, causes PTSD. PTSD, of course, has been known of for sometime, but only relatively recently has it actually become a recognized disorder.

Crurnlark
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Crurnlark » Wed May 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Ism wrote:My understanding is that modern warfare, more so than older forms, causes PTSD. PTSD, of course, has been known of for sometime, but only relatively recently has it actually become a recognized disorder.

I suppose I will have to politely disagree with you on that one- I can't imagine modern combat to be less humane and more traumatizing than say... medieval warfare.

Mefpan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mefpan » Wed May 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Ism wrote:

My understanding is that modern warfare, more so than older forms, causes PTSD. PTSD, of course, has been known of for sometime, but only relatively recently has it actually become a recognized disorder.

In modern warfare, people are probably also statistically more likely to come back alive from whatever traumatizing shit they went through.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you want to play a game of chess?
NationStates' umpteenth dirty ex-leftist class traitor.
I left the Left when it turned Right. Now I'm going back to the Right because it's all that's Left.
Yeah, Screw Realism!
Loyal Planet of Mankind

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 11, 2016 12:52 pm

Crurnlark wrote:
Ism wrote:My understanding is that modern warfare, more so than older forms, causes PTSD. PTSD, of course, has been known of for sometime, but only relatively recently has it actually become a recognized disorder.

I suppose I will have to politely disagree with you on that one- I can't imagine modern combat to be less humane and more traumatizing than say... medieval warfare.

I think the problem is more that in Medieval times you were more used to these inhumane and traumtizing stuff. People in the Middle Ages were already living in a for many of us traumatizing way. And they had fun on public executions. Something that most people nowadays couldn`t possibly watch.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed May 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Oh Germany, 102 years ago you were considered one of the worlds finest.

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING!?

Crurnlark
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Crurnlark » Wed May 11, 2016 12:57 pm

The balkens wrote:Oh Germany, 102 years ago you were considered one of the worlds finest.

Well, there was that rash of nationalism. Really put the country in an awkward position.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed May 11, 2016 12:58 pm

Crurnlark wrote:
The balkens wrote:Oh Germany, 102 years ago you were considered one of the worlds finest.

Well, there was that rash of nationalism. Really put the country in an awkward position.

nationalism is not always a bad thing.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Wed May 11, 2016 12:58 pm

Crurnlark wrote:

You have to remember, it is not necessarily the combat itself so much as the frequency that causes problems. Medieval warfare had much less constant fighting, due to more difficulty in supplying their troops and traveling to battlefields. But with the introduction of firearms, especially artillery (there is a reason PTSD was once called shell-shocked) and rise of nationalism wars became much more bloody, and by extension more traumatizing.

Crurnlark
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Crurnlark » Wed May 11, 2016 1:02 pm

The balkens wrote:nationalism is not always a bad thing.

Not at all, it is a tool that cannot be blamed for when it is abused. But sadly, it was.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General