NATION

PASSWORD

US General Election Megathread: Trump vs Clinton

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will win the election?

Donald Trump
29%
Hillary Clinton
55%
Gary Johnson
11%
Jill Stein
5%

Total votes : 94

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Gauthier wrote:
New Jerzylvania wrote:
Eventually he'll squeal like a pig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jBF1dcTlcM

I knew you'd nail that. Bravo! :hug:
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

It is the solemn and patriotic duty of all true Americans to prevent the election of Donald J. Trump as the next President of the United States by use of the ballot box.
Even if it means you might have to be called for jury duty!

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:37 pm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5491.html

Hillary's poll aggregate has gone up from +2.4 to +3.8 today, generally a positive trend and Sanders hasn't even dropped out yet.
Last edited by Kelinfort on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Kelinfort wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Hillaye's poll aggregate has gone up from +2.4 to +3.8 today, generally a positive trend and Sanders hasn't even dropped out yet.

This bump is purely Donald's doings with Judge-gate and it hasn't crested yet.
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

It is the solemn and patriotic duty of all true Americans to prevent the election of Donald J. Trump as the next President of the United States by use of the ballot box.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:42 pm

New Jerzylvania wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Hillaye's poll aggregate has gone up from +2.4 to +3.8 today, generally a positive trend and Sanders hasn't even dropped out yet.

"Curio-sity" sounds classier.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Gauthier wrote:
New Jerzylvania wrote:

Except his name is Curiel. :eek:
Last edited by New Jerzylvania on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:45 pm

New Jerzylvania wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Curiel-sity
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Gauthier wrote:
New Jerzylvania wrote:

Curiel-sity

LOL. Oooooo-kay.
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Ashmoria wrote:ooooo Elizabeth warren is tearing trump a new asshole

"Donald trump is a loud, nasty, thin-skinned fraud who has never risked anything for anyone and who serves no one but himself. and THAT is just one of the many reasons he will never be president of the united states"

methinks she is going to get some mean "pocohontas" tweets!

It's the best campaign speech that I've seen since 2008. If she's auditioning to see if she can fulfillt the traditional "attack dog" role of a V.P. pick, then I'd say that she passed it with flying colors. Here's the whole thing, worth watching in its entirety.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:ooooo Elizabeth warren is tearing trump a new asshole

"Donald trump is a loud, nasty, thin-skinned fraud who has never risked anything for anyone and who serves no one but himself. and THAT is just one of the many reasons he will never be president of the united states"

methinks she is going to get some mean "pocohontas" tweets!

It's the best campaign speech that I've seen since 2008. If she's auditioning to see if she can fulfillt the traditional "attack dog" role of a V.P. pick, then I'd say that she passed it with flying colors. Here's the whole thing, worth watching in its entirety.

This speech is fantastic.

I wish we could somehow make her president.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Galloism wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

This speech is fantastic.

I wish we could somehow make her president.

Only vice-president. But who knows where that can lead. ;)
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

The United Territories of Providence
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Territories of Providence » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:31 pm

To my Trump Supporters....

If Hillary being Secretary of State during the events in Libya bothers you, forget that there was an international effort and a lot of tribal conflicts that would've boiled over with our without our intervention....

Does it also bother you that Donald sought investment partnerships with Muammar al-Qaddafi and the Libyan regime. He rented his Westchester estate to the dictator, tried to set up a face-to-face meeting, and took the Libyan ambassador golfing. Or Donald has continued reversing his views about Libya and Qaddafi. In 2011 he said, “we should go in. We should stop this guy, which would be very easy and very quick.” That argument put him in line with Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration, who ultimately led a NATO force to support Libyan rebels.
Yet now, he has called the intervention “a total mistake.” Even more concerning, he was contacting him as late has 2010.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

FORMER REPUBLICAN
SOCIAL DEMOCRAT
Economic: -2.5
Social: -5.28

LGBTQ Rights
Palestine
Medicare for All
Gender Equality
Green Energy
Legal Immigration
Abortion rights
Democracy
Assault Weapons Ban
Censorship
MRA
Fundamentalism
Fascism
Political Correctness
Fascism
Monarchy
Illegal Immigration
Capitalism
Free Trade

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:38 pm

New Jerzylvania wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
And the proposal to abolish marriage altogether rather than let Those Fruity Faggots marry.

According to the infallible logic of the late Jerry Falwell, God must really really hate Oklahoma cause of all the tornadoes He sends there to wreak horrific havoc.

Update:
On the other hand, Elizabeth Warren was born in OKC on June 22, 1949.

Guess God's trying to even it out. However Falwell would have see it as more punishment. He was such a greasy dip stick.

Warren said on Rachel Maddow tonight she could handle the job of VP. Yay!!!
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Freefall11111 wrote:
Gauthier wrote:I'm surprised Anonymous hasn't realized Trump is the perfect trolltoy. The slightest poke at him and he snarls like a rabid dog.

Have you ever visited /pol/? Trump is basically 4chan incarnate. "Anonymous" is probably in love with him.

Since when was /pol/ interested in racial and economic justice, anti-imperialism, and open information? Last I checked they just liked calling people cucks.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:47 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Freefall11111 wrote:Have you ever visited /pol/? Trump is basically 4chan incarnate. "Anonymous" is probably in love with him.

Since when was /pol/ interested in racial and economic justice, anti-imperialism, and open information? Last I checked they just liked calling people cucks.

Nobody said /pol/ was progressive?

/Pol/ is quite stupid, to be completely honest, it's anti social, obese or scrawny white teenagers who think they're cool and funny by yelling "CUCK" or "NIGGER" on the internet. It's really quite annoying, but also quite sad. Try finding someone from those sorts of communities with say, a girlfriend, just try.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Merizoc wrote:Since when was /pol/ interested in racial and economic justice, anti-imperialism, and open information? Last I checked they just liked calling people cucks.

Nobody said /pol/ was progressive?

/Pol/ is quite stupid, to be completely honest, it's anti social, obese or scrawny white teenagers who think they're cool and funny by yelling "CUCK" or "NIGGER" on the internet. It's really quite annoying, but also quite sad. Try finding someone from those sorts of communities with say, a girlfriend, just try.

They pretty much say what they watch when they need to get off.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:50 pm

I can see why Hillary might pick Warren, but I think it would be a net negative from an objective standpoint. For her whole campaign, Hillary has been accused of pandering, and picking Warren will only bolster some legitimate claims that Clinton has just been trying to appeal to as many people as possible, regardless of whether or not she flip flops.

Furthermore, Warren....outside of the progressive camp, she isn't all that well liked. She barely beat Scott Brown in one of the most dependable blue states, and will be an easy target for Trump. He can hit her on her "ivy league superiority" her "lies about Native American heritage" and so many other smear jobs, regardless of whether or not it's true.

At this point, I think Clinton will pick Castro, and Trump will either go for Sessions, Martinez, or Walker.

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Major-Tom wrote:I can see why Hillary might pick Warren, but I think it would be a net negative from an objective standpoint. For her whole campaign, Hillary has been accused of pandering, and picking Warren will only bolster some legitimate claims that Clinton has just been trying to appeal to as many people as possible, regardless of whether or not she flip flops.

Furthermore, Warren....outside of the progressive camp, she isn't all that well liked. She barely beat Scott Brown in one of the most dependable blue states, and will be an easy target for Trump. He can hit her on her "ivy league superiority" her "lies about Native American heritage" and so many other smear jobs, regardless of whether or not it's true.

At this point, I think Clinton will pick Castro, and Trump will either go for Sessions, Martinez, or Walker.

Castro, whichever one you speak of, is inexperienced. Never happen.
Warren is liked plenty enough, maybe not by republicans, so no loss there. You have already stated you are voting Trump. *smh*
Trump will be pummeled by her, and that is what concerns you.
Look, whether she's on the ticket or not she's going to beat Trump's hide like Rocky Balboa did those sides of beef in Rocky I. That you can count on. :)

Trump and NM Gov. MARTINEZ???? Are you freaking dreaming?
Last edited by New Jerzylvania on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

Penguin Union Nation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Penguin Union Nation » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Major-Tom wrote: Warren....outside of the progressive camp, she isn't all that well liked.

I can't imagine she's particularly well liked today among progressives, now that she's betrayed the very progressive ideals she claimed to fight for.
Last edited by Penguin Union Nation on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southerly Gentleman
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Southerly Gentleman » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:32 pm

New Jerzylvania wrote:

It's ridiculous, really. The narrative was that Hispanics would tend to be against Trump due to his immigration rhetoric, and as soon as Trump implicitly agrees with that by asserting he thinks a Hispanic judge has a conflict of interest, he's jumped on and criticized.

Probably the traditional GOP leaders are seizing on his comments as some sort of last-ditch pipe dream of sending an establishment nominee to the convention to challenge Trump (as Jeff Flake hinted at recently). I doubt that will happen, though -- we're all aware of Trump's teflon qualities.
電光石火Lightning fast
For: RAGE, hypercapitalism, national fragmentation, city-states, transhumanism
Against: Feminism, identity politics, gun control, liberal-progressivism

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Freefall11111 wrote:Have you ever visited /pol/? Trump is basically 4chan incarnate. "Anonymous" is probably in love with him.

We're talking about Trump.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Freefall11111 wrote:
Merizoc wrote:Since when was /pol/ interested in racial and economic justice, anti-imperialism, and open information? Last I checked they just liked calling people cucks.

We're talking about Trump.

We were talking about anonymous.

Ngelmish
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ngelmish » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Penguin Union Nation wrote:
Major-Tom wrote: Warren....outside of the progressive camp, she isn't all that well liked.

I can't imagine she's particularly well liked today among progressives, now that she's betrayed the very progressive ideals she claimed to fight for.

Only if the metric of "progressive ideals" is single-issue based myopia.

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Freefall11111 wrote:We're talking about Trump.

We were talking about anonymous.

Anonymous? Interested in racial and economic justice? Hilarious.

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Trump Oddity ~ Apologies to David Bowie

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:07 pm

"Trump Oddity" ~ (Apologies to David Bowie)

Clown Control to Donald Trump
Take your nasty pills
and put your audit on

Commencing countdown,
engines on
Check ignorance
and may God be done with you

[spoken]
Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff

This is Clown Control
to Donald Trump
You really are afraid
And the papers want to know ...why do you swear?
Now it's time to run the general
if you dare

This is Donald Trump to Clown Control
I’m stepping upon myself
And I'm flound’ring
in a most peculiar way
And my polls look very different today

For here
Am I sh!tting into my pants
Far above my skills
The GOP is blue
And there's nothing they can do

Though I'm past
one hundred zillion votes
I’m feeling very ill
And I think my candidacy knows not where to go
Tell my 3rd wife I love her very much
she knows...

Your audit’s done,
there’s something wrong
Can you hear me, Donald Trump?
Can you....

Here am I floating
round my sh!t pants
Far out old buffoon
The GOP is blue
And there's nothing they can do.

https://www.google.com/search?q=space+o ... 8&oe=utf-8
Last edited by New Jerzylvania on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Hillary's poll aggregate has gone up from +2.4 to +3.8 today, generally a positive trend and Sanders hasn't even dropped out yet.

I think reality is starting to sink in for some people that were in denial about Bernie losing -- even if he hasn't officially dropped out.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General