NATION

PASSWORD

UK Politics Thread III: Thready McThreadface (+ Jo Cox)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which of the following would you prefer to be the next leader of the Conservative Party?

Andrea Leadsom
27
18%
Liam Fox
7
5%
Michael Gove
17
11%
Stephen Crabb
6
4%
Theresa May
38
25%
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
57
38%
 
Total votes : 152

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 24, 2016 9:59 am

Hydesland wrote:>Lamadia II

I think you guys are getting successfully trolled tbh.

i already called it a couple dozen pages ago, I'm just (1) easily risen (2) bored
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 am

special interest groups controlling government policy is bad, whoda thunk it???
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Hydesland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15021
Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hydesland » Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Hydesland wrote:>Lamadia II

I think you guys are getting successfully trolled tbh.

I lost my password for my first account. It was this, or use an account which was entirely RP which does not fit my own political views. So, tbh, no, you are not getting trolled, I just made a new account.


You seem like a troll regardless.

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54825
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Tue May 24, 2016 10:02 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Questers wrote:>works for 30 years in a coal mine
>lazy

ok buddy

No, sweethard, the Unions were trying to destroy this country, using their unfair control over the ability to generate electricity to force a series of successive weak governments, Labour & Conservative, to push through their hideous demands. Thank God we got a Prime Minister in 1979 who, after carefully negotiating around the first strike of her term, managed to crush the unions. Bring the mad dogs under control.

Do you seriously not have any sources for the history of this country than neoliberal talking points?
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Wolfmanne2
Senator
 
Posts: 3762
Founded: Sep 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne2 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:03 am

Hydesland wrote:
Lamadia II wrote:I lost my password for my first account. It was this, or use an account which was entirely RP which does not fit my own political views. So, tbh, no, you are not getting trolled, I just made a new account.


You seem like a troll regardless.

I dunno. There are Tories genuinely like Lamadia. Although she is more hyperbolic than fucking Alyakia, so I have my doubts. I mean, has she read up on the French Revolution, because she almost seems like a direct clone of Marie Antoinette.
Last edited by Wolfmanne2 on Tue May 24, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ESFP
United in Labour! Jezbollah and Saint Tony together!


Mad hatters in jeans wrote:Yeah precipitating on everyone doesn't go down well usually. You seem patient enough to chat to us, i'm willing to count that as nice.

User avatar
Lamadia II
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: May 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamadia II » Tue May 24, 2016 10:03 am

Hydesland wrote:
Lamadia II wrote:I lost my password for my first account. It was this, or use an account which was entirely RP which does not fit my own political views. So, tbh, no, you are not getting trolled, I just made a new account.


You seem like a troll regardless.

Because I contrast to the hideous socialist, left-wing views held by most people of this game, which will never find their way back into mainstream UK politics due to the sheer stupidity of the majority of mainstream politicians who hold them, and the idiocy of the ideas themselves, it does not make me a 'troll'.
From London, Lives in VW, Surrey
A Proud Supporter of the UK Conservative Party
This is the nation, Lamadia, & nation Moctina
Pro: EU Reform, Libertarianism, Internationalism, Capitalism. Nuclear Power, Fracking, Market Forces, Monetarism, Thatcherism, Tricke-down Economics
Anti: Socialism, communism, Europeansuperstate, 'Little Islandism', Racism, Market Regulations, City Regulations, State-owned industries, High taxes, Envy-Politics

User avatar
Geilinor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41328
Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Tue May 24, 2016 10:04 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Questers wrote:>works for 30 years in a coal mine
>lazy

ok buddy

No, sweethard, the Unions were trying to destroy this country, using their unfair control over the ability to generate electricity to force a series of successive weak governments, Labour & Conservative, to push through their hideous demands. Thank God we got a Prime Minister in 1979 who, after carefully negotiating around the first strike of her term, managed to crush the unions. Bring the mad dogs under control.

Mad dogs? Have you heard of the concept known as nuance?
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

User avatar
Wolfmanne2
Senator
 
Posts: 3762
Founded: Sep 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne2 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:05 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Hydesland wrote:
You seem like a troll regardless.

Because I contrast to the hideous socialist, left-wing views held by most people of this game, which will never find their way back into mainstream UK politics due to the sheer stupidity of the majority of mainstream politicians who hold them, and the idiocy of the ideas themselves, it does not make me a 'troll'.

Well you're right, to a degree, there. But if you think the Conservatives will survive the test of time, you're wrong. Jon Snow will take back Labour from the Boltons and you can kiss electoral success good-fucking-bye.
Last edited by Wolfmanne2 on Tue May 24, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ESFP
United in Labour! Jezbollah and Saint Tony together!


Mad hatters in jeans wrote:Yeah precipitating on everyone doesn't go down well usually. You seem patient enough to chat to us, i'm willing to count that as nice.

User avatar
Elepis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8963
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 am

why are there 2 Lamadiai ?
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 am

Burnham 2020

edit: before i have to say it there are obvious reasons why this is not a totally serious post
Last edited by Questers on Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 am

Elepis wrote:why are there 2 Lamadiai ?

"Shoot twice and go home," the Swiss militiaman replied.
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Geilinor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41328
Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Tue May 24, 2016 10:08 am

Questers wrote:Burnham 2020

edit: before i have to say it there are obvious reasons why this is not a totally serious post

That wouldn't be a bad thing though.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

User avatar
Hydesland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15021
Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hydesland » Tue May 24, 2016 10:08 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Hydesland wrote:
You seem like a troll regardless.

Because I contrast to the hideous socialist, left-wing views held by most people of this game, which will never find their way back into mainstream UK politics due to the sheer stupidity of the majority of mainstream politicians who hold them, and the idiocy of the ideas themselves, it does not make me a 'troll'.


Because you're too close to a stereotype to seem real.

User avatar
Lamadia II
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: May 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamadia II » Tue May 24, 2016 10:08 am

Wolfmanne2 wrote:
Lamadia II wrote:Because I contrast to the hideous socialist, left-wing views held by most people of this game, which will never find their way back into mainstream UK politics due to the sheer stupidity of the majority of mainstream politicians who hold them, and the idiocy of the ideas themselves, it does not make me a 'troll'.

Well you're right, to a degree, there. But if you think the Conservatives will survive the test of time, you're wrong. The Blairites will take back Labour and you can kiss electoral success good-fucking-bye.

Absolutely not. Labour has almos t crippled its reputaon- it elected a socialist leader, people are not aware that it lurks below the surface. Corbyn may not make it, but, if a man like Burnham or Chuka Umunna comes to power, I still highly doubt the reputation of the Party will recover enough before 2020.
From London, Lives in VW, Surrey
A Proud Supporter of the UK Conservative Party
This is the nation, Lamadia, & nation Moctina
Pro: EU Reform, Libertarianism, Internationalism, Capitalism. Nuclear Power, Fracking, Market Forces, Monetarism, Thatcherism, Tricke-down Economics
Anti: Socialism, communism, Europeansuperstate, 'Little Islandism', Racism, Market Regulations, City Regulations, State-owned industries, High taxes, Envy-Politics

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 24, 2016 10:08 am

Geilinor wrote:
Questers wrote:Burnham 2020

edit: before i have to say it there are obvious reasons why this is not a totally serious post

That wouldn't be a bad thing though.
well he's doing the mayor thing or whatever

if not then sure

but i think benn is a more likely choice (and probs better)
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Wolfmanne2
Senator
 
Posts: 3762
Founded: Sep 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne2 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:09 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Wolfmanne2 wrote:Well you're right, to a degree, there. But if you think the Conservatives will survive the test of time, you're wrong. The Blairites will take back Labour and you can kiss electoral success good-fucking-bye.

Absolutely not. Labour has almos t crippled its reputaon- it elected a socialist leader, people are not aware that it lurks below the surface. Corbyn may not make it, but, if a man like Burnham or Chuka Umunna comes to power, I still highly doubt the reputation of the Party will recover enough before 2020.

Go elect Boris Johnson and see what that does for your party's reputation.
ESFP
United in Labour! Jezbollah and Saint Tony together!


Mad hatters in jeans wrote:Yeah precipitating on everyone doesn't go down well usually. You seem patient enough to chat to us, i'm willing to count that as nice.

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 24, 2016 10:09 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Wolfmanne2 wrote:Well you're right, to a degree, there. But if you think the Conservatives will survive the test of time, you're wrong. The Blairites will take back Labour and you can kiss electoral success good-fucking-bye.

Absolutely not. Labour has almos t crippled its reputaon- it elected a socialist leader, people are not aware that it lurks below the surface. Corbyn may not make it, but, if a man like Burnham or Chuka Umunna comes to power, I still highly doubt the reputation of the Party will recover enough before 2020.
it will if you lot keep destroying the fucking country
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Wolfmanne2
Senator
 
Posts: 3762
Founded: Sep 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne2 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:10 am

Questers wrote:
Geilinor wrote:That wouldn't be a bad thing though.
well he's doing the mayor thing or whatever

if not then sure

but i think benn is a more likely choice (and probs better)

Benn's not going to be standing. That's the goss. Likely Eagle will try a challenge in the first coup (the unwinnable one), Jarvis will try play for one he can win.
ESFP
United in Labour! Jezbollah and Saint Tony together!


Mad hatters in jeans wrote:Yeah precipitating on everyone doesn't go down well usually. You seem patient enough to chat to us, i'm willing to count that as nice.

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54825
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Tue May 24, 2016 10:10 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Hydesland wrote:
You seem like a troll regardless.

Because I contrast to the hideous socialist, left-wing views

Pot.

Fucking.

Kettle.
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Lamadia II
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: May 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamadia II » Tue May 24, 2016 10:10 am

Hydesland wrote:
Lamadia II wrote:Because I contrast to the hideous socialist, left-wing views held by most people of this game, which will never find their way back into mainstream UK politics due to the sheer stupidity of the majority of mainstream politicians who hold them, and the idiocy of the ideas themselves, it does not make me a 'troll'.


Because you're too close to a stereotype to seem real.

Absolutely not. You know nothing about my social class, you make presumptions from my political opinions, which is ridiculous.
From London, Lives in VW, Surrey
A Proud Supporter of the UK Conservative Party
This is the nation, Lamadia, & nation Moctina
Pro: EU Reform, Libertarianism, Internationalism, Capitalism. Nuclear Power, Fracking, Market Forces, Monetarism, Thatcherism, Tricke-down Economics
Anti: Socialism, communism, Europeansuperstate, 'Little Islandism', Racism, Market Regulations, City Regulations, State-owned industries, High taxes, Envy-Politics

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18427
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Tue May 24, 2016 10:10 am

Wolfmanne2 wrote:
Hydesland wrote:
You seem like a troll regardless.

I dunno. There are Tories genuinely like Lamadia. Although she is more hyperbolic than fucking Alyakia, so I have my doubts. I mean, has she read up on the French Revolution, because she almost seems like a direct clone of Marie Antoinette.


reminds me on tory news: contrary to their usual policy of ignoring consultations they are moving forward with internet censorship before they even have one, lol
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 24, 2016 10:10 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Hydesland wrote:
Because you're too close to a stereotype to seem real.

Absolutely not. You know nothing about my social class, you make presumptions from my political opinions, which is ridiculous.

"My father went to Eton."

Darling we know all about your social class.

(Although you have been happy to speculate about mine, based on my politics, despite me making no overtures about it at all.)
Last edited by Questers on Tue May 24, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Elepis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8963
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Tue May 24, 2016 10:11 am

Lamadia II wrote:
Questers wrote: Tories have an obsession with envy.

I think this is strange. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a Yorkshireman, if for some reason you think I am going to be envious of anyone for their home or identity then you quite clearly know nothing about Yorkshire.

But again it's a strange obsession. Maybe because you're all so materialistic? Do you really think the striking miners were part of a "politics of envy?"

Politics of laziness, actually.
Most miners, I am sure were very hardworking, and did not want to strike. Most, I am sure, were manipulated by the greedy, greedy unions.


I just cannot fathom the idiocy of this ^ post. Really? You actually, seriously think that the mine closures were good and the strikes were evil?

I would ask if you had been to the N.E or Wales but then I realized
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 24, 2016 10:11 am

Wolfmanne2 wrote:
Questers wrote: well he's doing the mayor thing or whatever

if not then sure

but i think benn is a more likely choice (and probs better)

Benn's not going to be standing. That's the goss. Likely Eagle will try a challenge in the first coup (the unwinnable one), Jarvis will try play for one he can win.

Why not?

Eagle is whatever, Jarvis sure though.
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Lamadia II
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: May 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamadia II » Tue May 24, 2016 10:13 am

Elepis wrote:
Lamadia II wrote:Politics of laziness, actually.
Most miners, I am sure were very hardworking, and did not want to strike. Most, I am sure, were manipulated by the greedy, greedy unions.


I just cannot fathom the idiocy of this ^ post. Really? You actually, seriously think that the mine closures were good and the strikes were evil?

I would ask if you had been to the N.E or Wales but then I realized

Of course, I visited Newcastle a few years ago before going on to Scotland.
From London, Lives in VW, Surrey
A Proud Supporter of the UK Conservative Party
This is the nation, Lamadia, & nation Moctina
Pro: EU Reform, Libertarianism, Internationalism, Capitalism. Nuclear Power, Fracking, Market Forces, Monetarism, Thatcherism, Tricke-down Economics
Anti: Socialism, communism, Europeansuperstate, 'Little Islandism', Racism, Market Regulations, City Regulations, State-owned industries, High taxes, Envy-Politics

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluelight-R006, Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia, Ghost Land, New yugoslavaia, Philjia, Rojava Free State

Advertisement

Remove ads