NATION

PASSWORD

UK Politics Thread III: Thready McThreadface (+ Jo Cox)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which of the following would you prefer to be the next leader of the Conservative Party?

Andrea Leadsom
27
18%
Liam Fox
7
5%
Michael Gove
17
11%
Stephen Crabb
6
4%
Theresa May
38
25%
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
57
38%
 
Total votes : 152

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18093
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Tue May 10, 2016 11:31 am

Lamadia wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:
have you ever actually been in a real fight serious question

My boyfriend has. Me? Certainly not.
~
Anyway, this is off topic. We should get back to something politics-related. Perhaps something related to schools, if that is what we want to discuss.


i just wanted to clarify whether you were saying you hate cowards and the oh so strong ethics at your school regarding fighting despite your own lack of experience in the matter

inability to relate to the lives of others has a serious political effect, i find
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Rufford
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1109
Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rufford » Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 am

should we move onto another thread?
Best cricket bowling figures- 9 for 1 NINE FOR 1
__________
__________
__________

Imperializt Russia wrote: my posts to you will come across as aggressive (mostly because they are).

HMS Vanguard wrote:My observations are ahead of their time
This poster may exhibit a
Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude

And
Lamadia II wrote:hideous socialist, left-wing views

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 am

Conscentia wrote:
Questers wrote:Britons should be able to own semi-automatic rifles tbh.

Why?

so we can shoot them...
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26681
Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 am

Questers wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:I knew that, I just could have sworn Moctina had referred to themself as a male. I dunno, I'm hilariously sleep deprived these days.
Moctina is a troll.
Everyone who knows anything about the internet knows that.

Rule 30 of the internet.

User avatar
The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11288
Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 am

Questers wrote:Britons should be able to own semi-automatic rifles tbh.


Well that's a change. +1
Senator Sara Nygaard for the Capitalist Party in the Nationstates Parliament. Join here!

Kowani wrote:Hello! Welcome to NSG! Please leave all sanity at the door, and declare with customs any brain cells exceeding 25!

User avatar
Napkiraly
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37450
Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 am

Conscentia wrote:
Questers wrote:Britons should be able to own semi-automatic rifles tbh.

Why?

Better question:

Why not? Think about owning an operational M1 Garand. The feel of it, the smell of it.

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 am

The Liberated Territories wrote:
Questers wrote:Britons should be able to own semi-automatic rifles tbh.


Well that's a change. +1

it's entirely consistent.
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Lamadia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 432
Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamadia » Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 am

Questers wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:I knew that, I just could have sworn Moctina had referred to themself as a male. I dunno, I'm hilariously sleep deprived these days.
Moctina is a troll.

Everyone who knows anything about the internet knows that.

Quite an intelligent troll, too.

Just because I disagree with you on several fundamental topics, it does not mean I am a troll!
(-_Q)
#HMS Vanguard4No10
I am Moctina | This is my debating account

I am from London, live in V.W, Surrey | Proud Supporter of the Conservative Party
Pro: Libertarianism, Conservatism, Monetarism, Civil Rights, Western Interference, Constitutional Monarchism, Parliamentary Democracy, a UK Human Rights Bill, EU Reform, Euthanasia
Anti: Socialism, Communism, Federal Europe, 'Little Islandism', Terrorism, a Large State, Banking Regulations, High Taxation

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18093
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 am

Angleter wrote:
New Benian Republic wrote:Is there something wrong with being either?


According to the aforementioned half a year group, yes, and they were inherently hilarious too.


were you ever, at any point, convinced you were in actual fact a gay jew

because i can see how a random kid becoming convinced they are a gay jew could be seen as humourous
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T


User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 am

Lamadia wrote:
Questers wrote: Moctina is a troll.

Everyone who knows anything about the internet knows that.

Quite an intelligent troll, too.

Just because I disagree with you on several fundamental topics, it does not mean I am a troll!
No, quite right, that isn't why.
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Rufford
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1109
Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rufford » Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 am

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=377710 i made a thread for talking about fights.
Best cricket bowling figures- 9 for 1 NINE FOR 1
__________
__________
__________

Imperializt Russia wrote: my posts to you will come across as aggressive (mostly because they are).

HMS Vanguard wrote:My observations are ahead of their time
This poster may exhibit a
Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude

And
Lamadia II wrote:hideous socialist, left-wing views

User avatar
Elepis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8963
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 am

Lamadia wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:
have you ever actually been in a real fight serious question

My boyfriend has. Me? Certainly not.
~
Anyway, this is off topic. We should get back to something politics-related. Perhaps something related to schools, if that is what we want to discuss.


were any of you political in high school. I was a socialist ?

That's slightly better
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 10, 2016 11:34 am

Conscentia wrote:
Questers wrote:so we can shoot them...

Weak justification for legalising the ownership of literal killing machines.

britain, a country in which you are presumably a citizen, has nuclear weapons, the power of which you entrust to your elected government

dont talk to me about killing machines lol
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18093
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Tue May 10, 2016 11:34 am

i was convinced war was cool and human rights were holding us back in school and now everytime someone holds those views i can't help but think of them as having views i had when i was a kid

i have become old and rather ageist

thanks to the iraq war for making my cynical before i was even a teenager
Last edited by Souseiseki on Tue May 10, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54792
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Tue May 10, 2016 11:34 am

Lamadia wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:
have you ever actually been in a real fight serious question

My boyfriend has. Me? Certainly not.

This is why my posts to you will come across as aggressive (mostly because they are).

You hold all these ideals, that have been fed to you by your surroundings and your family, yet you keep admitting that you've never had to live any of those ideals, or follow the advice you mete out.
You just have your opinion, it's right because it's yours, and everyone who that opinion applies to can get fucked and march in lockstep.
It's an attitude I find astounding, and it sums up everything I despise about stereotypical people with wealthy backgrounds.

Because Moctina, you are a stereotype.
Please don't be a stereotype.
Last edited by Imperializt Russia on Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 10, 2016 11:34 am

tfw city slickers dont get it
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Lamadia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 432
Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamadia » Tue May 10, 2016 11:35 am

Questers wrote:
Lamadia wrote:Just because I disagree with you on several fundamental topics, it does not mean I am a troll!
No, quite right, that isn't why.

What, then?
I am enthusiastic, certainly, I join lots of threads, but I am not a troll.
(-_Q)
#HMS Vanguard4No10
I am Moctina | This is my debating account

I am from London, live in V.W, Surrey | Proud Supporter of the Conservative Party
Pro: Libertarianism, Conservatism, Monetarism, Civil Rights, Western Interference, Constitutional Monarchism, Parliamentary Democracy, a UK Human Rights Bill, EU Reform, Euthanasia
Anti: Socialism, Communism, Federal Europe, 'Little Islandism', Terrorism, a Large State, Banking Regulations, High Taxation

User avatar
The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11288
Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Tue May 10, 2016 11:35 am

The British Empire was one of the most efficient killing machines in the world. God save the queen...
Senator Sara Nygaard for the Capitalist Party in the Nationstates Parliament. Join here!

Kowani wrote:Hello! Welcome to NSG! Please leave all sanity at the door, and declare with customs any brain cells exceeding 25!

User avatar
Angleter
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12319
Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Angleter » Tue May 10, 2016 11:36 am

Lamadia wrote:I hate cowards, certainly. Strong ethic at my school regarded to fighting & snitching.


"Strong ethic in my company regarded to fighting & snitching" - Michael Corleone
"Strong ethic in my peloton regarded to doping & snitching" - Lance Armstrong
"Strong ethic in my police force regarded to killing 96 people & snitching" - David Duckenfield
"Strong ethic in my Commission regarded to corruption & snitching" - Neil Kinnock

&c.
"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

I am: British, English, Catholic, Unionist, Conservative, Pro-Market, Civil Libertarian, Cultural Nationalist, Constitutional Monarchist, Brexiteer, Localist/British Federalist, Anti-Technocracy, Pro-Democracy, Pro-Parliament, Pro-Zionism.

Defend Parliamentary Sovereignty - Elections Are Advisory - Luttrell for Middlesex 1769 - Bring Back Zac

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54792
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Tue May 10, 2016 11:37 am

Conscentia wrote:
Questers wrote:Britons should be able to own semi-automatic rifles tbh.

Why?

Because there is no good argument against the basic suggestion.
There isn't.

There are many excellent arguments, many I'd probably agree with, against how such a suggestion could be implemented. Adopt US gun laws? I'd rather jump in front of a train and inconvenience some commuters.
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26681
Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Tue May 10, 2016 11:37 am

Questers wrote:
Conscentia wrote:Weak justification for legalising the ownership of literal killing machines.

britain, a country in which you are presumably a citizen, has nuclear weapons, the power of which you entrust to your elected government

dont talk to me about killing machines lol

1. Those weapons are highly secured, and the point of having nukes is to be so scary as to never need to use them.
2. Would would get to elect who gets rifles? No.

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54792
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 am

Conscentia wrote:
Questers wrote:britain, a country in which you are presumably a citizen, has nuclear weapons, the power of which you entrust to your elected government

dont talk to me about killing machines lol

1. Those weapons are highly secured, and the point of having nukes is to be so scary as to never need to use them.
2. Would would get to elect who gets rifles? No.

The police, just like they do now?
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 am

Souseiseki wrote:i was convinced war was cool and human rights were holding us back in school and now everytime someone holds those views i can't help but think of them as having views i had when i was a kid

i have become old and rather ageist

thanks to the iraq war for making my cynical before i was even a teenager

honestly war isn't cool. it's really sad. my granddad saw his best friend die in front of his eyes and never talked about the war and when he became nuts he would start repeating war stories and forgetting his own family members.

that doesn't mean that his collection of wartime medals aren't my most treasured collection, however. because i am mixed race and the nazis would have gassed me and i have been in their gas chambers in real life (its actually really creepy irl). but also more than that because to me they represent a sacrifice made, one that nobody really wanted to make but had to anyway, for a whole collection of principles that i also think are more important than my own life, if i had to choose.

war is bad. horrific. awful. but it is sometimes better than the alternative.
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Rufford
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1109
Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rufford » Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 am

Imperializt Russia wrote:
Lamadia wrote:My boyfriend has. Me? Certainly not.

This is why my posts to you will come across as aggressive (mostly because they are).

You hold all these ideals, that have been fed to you by your surroundings and your family, yet you keep admitting that you've never had to live any of those ideals, or follow the advice you mete out.
You just have your opinion, it's right because it's yours, and everyone who that opinion applies to can get fucked and march in lockstep.
It's an attitude I find astounding, and it sums up everything I despise about stereotypical people with wealthy backgrounds.

Because Moctina, you are a stereotype.

Agree with absolutly everything youve just said, my dad teaches me to hate those people.
Best cricket bowling figures- 9 for 1 NINE FOR 1
__________
__________
__________

Imperializt Russia wrote: my posts to you will come across as aggressive (mostly because they are).

HMS Vanguard wrote:My observations are ahead of their time
This poster may exhibit a
Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude

And
Lamadia II wrote:hideous socialist, left-wing views

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Animeism, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Bluelight-R006, Diopolis, Dylar, Ethel mermania, Europa Undivided, Evil Dictators Happyland, Gahngers, Gig em Aggies, Grinning Dragon, Ifreann, Kernen, Minachia, Seattleisdying, Serconas, Sidesh0w B0b, The Blaatschapen, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Uoool, Vassenor, Washington Resistance Army, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads