NATION

PASSWORD

Muslim prayer hall set on fire in Corsica

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kriga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriga » Tue May 03, 2016 3:09 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:When they fight you

And in the verse after you said ""Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah [u]and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah" says "But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors".

Which never works in practice...ever

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue May 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Kriga wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:And in the verse after you said ""Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah [u]and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah" says "But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors".

Which never works in practice...ever

Actually it did in the past. It can work again.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Prolix Debate
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Prolix Debate » Tue May 03, 2016 4:31 pm

You would expect something like this, when you pit the overflow of a particular set of beliefs and cultures into a region with another particular set of beliefs and cultures.
P R O L I X D E B A T E
My best political inclination is towards Clerical Fascism.
Is it a crime to not support degeneracy; or is it a mere response to an existing taboo that originates from human biological and mental error?

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Tue May 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Jochistan wrote:You're applying Protestant logic to the Qur'an.

That never works. See the Wahhabi movement.

Yeah, it's always all the fault of the ebul Wahhabies, that seems to be a theme with regressive left islamic apologists.

You deny the Wahhabis are evil, a massive threat and make up most of the problems in the Muslim world. And anyone who pins the blame on them is a regressive leftist.
Lol, good to know whose side you're really on.

And if you're really going to call me a leftist because I...Uh...think The all time largest and most influential form of Islamic Fundamentalism is a massive threat.(still scratching my head over that)

I might as well call you a Maoist...Y'know, while we're making retarded accusations far from what we know to be each others beleifs here.
Last edited by Jochistan on Tue May 03, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue May 03, 2016 10:09 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Crockerland wrote:Yeah, it's always all the fault of the ebul Wahhabies, that seems to be a theme with regressive left islamic apologists.

You deny the Wahhabis are evil,

I don't usually go about proclaiming my thoughts on what groups of Muslims are evil, since the mods don't like that.
Jochistan wrote:a massive threat and make up most of the problems in the Muslim world. And anyone who pins the blame on them is a regressive leftist.

Not necessarily, anyone who pins all the blame of the various crimes of Islam on Wahhabism alone is just objectively wrong. It's not unusual for the regressive left to claim that all the crimes of Islam are due to wahhabis.
Jochistan wrote:Lol, good to know whose side you're really on.

Lmao what? Don't go full conspiracy loon on me, Jochistan...
Jochistan wrote:And if you're really going to call me a leftist

Say that one thing you say is a common theme among the regressive left, you mean?
Jochistan wrote:because I..think The all time largest and most influential form of Islamic Fundamentalism is a massive threat... (still scratching my head over that one)

Yeah, it's a massive threat, just like all of Islam.
Jochistan wrote:I might as well call you a Maoist...

You mean say that something I say sounds like a common theme of Maoist thought?
Jochistan wrote:Y'know, while we're making retarded accusations far from what we know to be each others beleifs here.

Less making assumptions about your "beleifs" and more pointing out that you're just parroting the typical bs by the regressive left islamic apologists to pin it all on one sect of Islam.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Tue May 03, 2016 10:31 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Jochistan wrote:You deny the Wahhabis are evil,

I don't usually go about proclaiming my thoughts on what groups of Muslims are evil, since the mods don't like that.
Jochistan wrote:a massive threat and make up most of the problems in the Muslim world. And anyone who pins the blame on them is a regressive leftist.

Not necessarily, anyone who pins all the blame of the various crimes of Islam on Wahhabism alone is just objectively wrong. It's not unusual for the regressive left to claim that all the crimes of Islam are due to wahhabis.
Jochistan wrote:Lol, good to know whose side you're really on.

Lmao what? Don't go full conspiracy loon on me, Jochistan...
Jochistan wrote:And if you're really going to call me a leftist

Say that one thing you say is a common theme among the regressive left, you mean?
Jochistan wrote:because I..think The all time largest and most influential form of Islamic Fundamentalism is a massive threat... (still scratching my head over that one)

Yeah, it's a massive threat, just like all of Islam.
Jochistan wrote:I might as well call you a Maoist...

You mean say that something I say sounds like a common theme of Maoist thought?
Jochistan wrote:Y'know, while we're making retarded accusations far from what we know to be each others beleifs here.

Less making assumptions about your "beleifs" and more pointing out that you're just parroting the typical bs by the regressive left islamic apologists to pin it all on one sect of Islam.

Wahhabism is a sect. Uh huh.

It's pretty much a very accurate catchall term for modern Fundamentalists. As they can all be traced back to the teachings of Wahhab and earlier Ibn Taymiyya.

A regressive leftist would say they're a tiny minority. Which is obviously not what I'm saying.

Bur go on with your notions that I'm literally Tumblr tier leftist regressive because, like them, I have opinions.

Doesn't matter that those opinions are nothing like theirs, but it's an easy way to discredit someone regardless of their actual beleifs on...anything

I have a very hard time seeing a regressive leftist supporting or being influenced by Integral Traditionalism, Conservative Nationalism and Modernist Islamism. kek.
Last edited by Jochistan on Tue May 03, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Tue May 03, 2016 10:40 pm

I think literally just defending Islam is just considered a regressive leftist thing to you.

You have to realize that there are many different kinds of people who find issue with your views. Not just leftists. That's a certain kind of paranoia your breed has. Literally everyone who disagrees with you on the subject is considered a regressive or a leftist bleeding heart liberal marxist postmodernist SJW by you. No matter how conservative they are.

I could be a literal Nazi and defend Islam. And you people would still consider me a regressive leftist. It's absolutely retarded. There's no way to win. Every time an arguement is made it's always shout down as a regressive leftist "apologist" response as if that somehow gives you godlike powers to automatically render an arguent completely invalid by some childish accusation.
Last edited by Jochistan on Wed May 04, 2016 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Tue May 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Jochistan wrote:You deny the Wahhabis are evil,

It's also not unusual for SJWs to complain about colonial mistreatment of minorities. Lol.
Crockerland wrote:"America not giving the American Jews their own country is neo-Holocaust"
Seriously what the fuck makes you think it's remotely acceptable to compare the actual suffering of south african blacks to the Palestinians not being able to violently secede from Israel?

Has a very "triggered" tone to it too. "

what the fuck makes you think its remotely acceptable to compare the actual suffering of [minority]" sounds very much like a...well...you know....

In Contemporary times, that kind of is true. Khomeinists and Qutbists are insignificant compared to them.
Last edited by Jochistan on Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Traditionalism
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Traditionalism » Wed May 04, 2016 8:17 am

If a Muslim defends Islam it's not leftist. If a Western Atheist defends Islam it's Leftist.
"But in the face of these obstacles, blows, intrigues and persecutions, assaulting us from every direction, having this terrible feeling of aloneness, having nowhere to turn, we opposed all this with a firm determination to die. "The death team" is the expression of these inner feelings of the legionary youth throughout the whole country, to receive death; its determination to go forward, through death." -Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed May 04, 2016 8:19 am

Traditionalism wrote:If a Muslim defends Islam it's not leftist. If a Western Atheist defends Islam it's Leftist.

Defending a religion doesn't guarantee a political party. You're just defending your religion. In fact, defending almost anything non-political doesn't put you in a political stance.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Wed May 04, 2016 8:20 am

Jochistan wrote:
Crockerland wrote:I don't usually go about proclaiming my thoughts on what groups of Muslims are evil, since the mods don't like that.

It's also not unusual for SJWs to complain about colonial mistreatment of minorities. Lol.
Crockerland wrote:"America not giving the American Jews their own country is neo-Holocaust"
Seriously what the fuck makes you think it's remotely acceptable to compare the actual suffering of south african blacks to the Palestinians not being able to violently secede from Israel?

Has a very "triggered" tone to it too. "

what the fuck makes you think its remotely acceptable to compare the actual suffering of [minority]" sounds very much like a...well...you know....

Blacks in South Africa aren't a fucking minority.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Traditionalism
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Traditionalism » Wed May 04, 2016 8:20 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Traditionalism wrote:If a Muslim defends Islam it's not leftist. If a Western Atheist defends Islam it's Leftist.

Defending a religion doesn't guarantee a political party. You're just defending your religion. In fact, defending almost anything non-political doesn't put you in a political stance.

Lol.

If you defend anything that you don't consider true, then you're not an actual believer.
"But in the face of these obstacles, blows, intrigues and persecutions, assaulting us from every direction, having this terrible feeling of aloneness, having nowhere to turn, we opposed all this with a firm determination to die. "The death team" is the expression of these inner feelings of the legionary youth throughout the whole country, to receive death; its determination to go forward, through death." -Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed May 04, 2016 8:30 am

Traditionalism wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Defending a religion doesn't guarantee a political party. You're just defending your religion. In fact, defending almost anything non-political doesn't put you in a political stance.

Lol.

If you defend anything that you don't consider true, then you're not an actual believer.

I'm saying that just because you defend something, that doesn't necessarily make you a liberal, conservative, etc. if it's not politics oriented.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Traditionalism
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Traditionalism » Wed May 04, 2016 8:34 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Traditionalism wrote:Lol.

I'm saying that just because you defend something, that doesn't necessarily make you a liberal, conservative, etc. if it's not politics oriented.

Yes, it does. If you defend a perspective that does not form your own Truth or Worldview, you're compromising the integrity of your own beliefs. Leftist.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed May 04, 2016 8:48 am

Traditionalism wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I'm saying that just because you defend something, that doesn't necessarily make you a liberal, conservative, etc. if it's not politics oriented.

Yes, it does. If you defend a perspective that does not form your own Truth or Worldview, you're compromising the integrity of your own beliefs. Leftist.

I support things that fit into my own view.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

First Order Moffinate
Lobbyist

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby First Order Moffinate » Wed May 04, 2016 10:07 am

Ashworth-Attwater wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-corsica-violence-idUSKCN0XR09E

Reuters wrote:A Muslim prayer hall was seriously damaged by fire overnight in the capital of the French island of Corsica, local authorities said, four months after a separate Muslim prayer hall there was ransacked. No one was injured in the fire in Ajaccio, which police are investigating as criminal after finding two separate sources of fire inside the hall.

So, NSG, it seems there has been an attack on a Muslim prayer hall in Corsica. This is not the first time Islamophobic attacks have been carried out in France and in Corsica. Sadly, women in hijabs being harassed and mosques vandalized are nothing new in the land of post-structuralism and guillotined monarchs. But, most importantly, I want to know what are your thoughts on this. I, for one, am anxious to see European liberals rationalizing this as a natural reaction to the Charlie Hedbo and Paris attacks that happened last year. Does that, in your opinion, make these attacks on the Islamic community of France justifiable, NSG? Should they brace themselves for dark times to come? Are you happy that Muslims in Europe are being attacked? Is it their fault for not being assimilated into European Culture™? Comment below.

How do we feel ? You got off easy. Next time it should be there heads cut off.

Internationalist Bastard
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Internationalist Bastard » Wed May 04, 2016 10:23 am

First Order Moffinate wrote:
Ashworth-Attwater wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-corsica-violence-idUSKCN0XR09E

So, NSG, it seems there has been an attack on a Muslim prayer hall in Corsica. This is not the first time Islamophobic attacks have been carried out in France and in Corsica. Sadly, women in hijabs being harassed and mosques vandalized are nothing new in the land of post-structuralism and guillotined monarchs. But, most importantly, I want to know what are your thoughts on this. I, for one, am anxious to see European liberals rationalizing this as a natural reaction to the Charlie Hedbo and Paris attacks that happened last year. Does that, in your opinion, make these attacks on the Islamic community of France justifiable, NSG? Should they brace themselves for dark times to come? Are you happy that Muslims in Europe are being attacked? Is it their fault for not being assimilated into European Culture™? Comment below.

How do we feel ? You got off easy. Next time it should be there heads cut off.

Dude, just, why?
Call me Alex, I insist
I am a girl, damnit
Slut Pride. So like, real talk, I’m a porn actress. We’re not all bimbos. I do not give out my information or videos to avoid conflict with site policy. I’m happy to talk about the industry or my thoughts on the career but I will not be showing you any goodies. Sorry
“Whatever you are, be a good one” Abe Lincoln

Internationalist Bastard
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Internationalist Bastard » Wed May 04, 2016 10:25 am

Traditionalism wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I'm saying that just because you defend something, that doesn't necessarily make you a liberal, conservative, etc. if it's not politics oriented.

That's not exactly true. If you support peoples rights to different opinions and to voice those opinions, that's just supporting free speech
Call me Alex, I insist
I am a girl, damnit
Slut Pride. So like, real talk, I’m a porn actress. We’re not all bimbos. I do not give out my information or videos to avoid conflict with site policy. I’m happy to talk about the industry or my thoughts on the career but I will not be showing you any goodies. Sorry
“Whatever you are, be a good one” Abe Lincoln

Alvecia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 17, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alvecia » Wed May 04, 2016 10:46 am

Traditionalism wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Defending a religion doesn't guarantee a political party. You're just defending your religion. In fact, defending almost anything non-political doesn't put you in a political stance.

Lol.

You can defend something indirectly by attacking false claims.
For example, I don't believe at all in Islam, however if someone were to claim "all Muslims are murderers" I would refute that claim, in the process defending Islam and/or Muslims, despite my disbelief in the religion itself.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed May 04, 2016 10:50 am

Alvecia wrote:

For example, I don't believe at all in Islam, however if someone were to claim "all Muslims are murderers" I would refute that claim, in the process defending Islam and/or Muslims, despite my disbelief in the religion itself.

Right.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Traditionalism
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Traditionalism » Wed May 04, 2016 10:53 am

Internationalist Bastard wrote:
Traditionalism wrote:Yes, it does. If you defend a perspective that does not form your own Truth or Worldview, you're compromising the integrity of your own beliefs. Leftist.

That's not exactly true. If you support peoples rights to different opinions and to voice those opinions, that's just supporting free speech

Free Speech is a liberal idea.

Traditionalism
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Traditionalism » Wed May 04, 2016 10:54 am

Alvecia wrote:

You're not defending the religion or the people. You're simply pointing out an inconsistency in their claims. They could say all cheese is yellow, and refute that pointing out mozarella or whatever, you're not defending cheese itself you're just defending the inconsistency with the claim because of some observations.

Alvecia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Democratic Socialists

Postby Alvecia » Wed May 04, 2016 10:58 am

Traditionalism wrote:
Alvecia wrote:You can defend something indirectly by attacking false claims.

You're not defending the religion or the people. You're simply pointing out an inconsistency in their claims.

And in doing so I am indirectly defending Islam and/or Muslims from false accusations and spurious claims.
Traditionalism wrote: They could say all cheese is yellow, and refute that pointing out mozarella or whatever, you're not defending cheese itself you're just defending the inconsistency with the claim because of some observations.

Actually I would be defending cheese. Specifically the non yellow ones.

Traditionalism
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Traditionalism » Wed May 04, 2016 10:59 am

Alvecia wrote:
Traditionalism wrote:You're not defending the religion or the people. You're simply pointing out an inconsistency in their claims.

And in doing so I am indirectly defending Islam and/or Muslims from false accusations and spurious claims.
Traditionalism wrote: They could say all cheese is yellow, and refute that pointing out mozarella or whatever, you're not defending cheese itself you're just defending the inconsistency with the claim because of some observations.

No you're not. I could say all black people don't commit crimes and still believe all of them are inferior. I'm not defending them, I'm just pointing out an inconsistency.

Alvecia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Democratic Socialists

Postby Alvecia » Wed May 04, 2016 11:03 am

Traditionalism wrote:
Alvecia wrote:And in doing so I am indirectly defending Islam and/or Muslims from false accusations and spurious claims.

No you're not. I could say all black people don't commit crimes and still believe all of them are inferior. I'm not defending them, I'm just pointing out an inconsistency.

And in pointing out said inconsistency you'd be defending the blacks that don't commit crimes from hasty generalizations.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General