NATION

PASSWORD

Muslim prayer hall set on fire in Corsica

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun May 01, 2016 9:11 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Kautharr wrote:would be great if you could elaborate on that

You don't support anti-Christian/Jewish causes but support banning 'Islamization' from coming (Muslim refugees) to seek a better life.

Rather, he supports the arson of mosques but not arson of churches or synagogues.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Kriga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriga » Sun May 01, 2016 9:11 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Kriga wrote:
I am not saying we should build religious schools. I believe in secularism, separation of church/mosque/synagogue and state. Religion has no right to define what the state's functions, and should only be religious institutions that individuals choose to worship. I am simply saying that refugees need to be integrated and assimilated into the country they choose to settle in. They must learn the language, adopt to different social policies and enjoy their new life here without feeling distressed or sticking to conventions in their culture that can be morally repugnant to ours (e.g: Honour Killings, which is a very cultural tradition, or advocating for 6th century religion to take over that country).

Religious schools don't necessarily make a country a religious state.

Not saying they do, but they have no right to exist because they destroy the spirit of secularism. The state should provide education, not religion. Otherwise, religious schooling leads to possible bias.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun May 01, 2016 9:13 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
Where do you get the silly idea that Arabic classes and Islamic schools haven't been around in Europe for the past 40 years or so ?

It would've been a lot more respectful to say "Arabic and Islamic courses have already been in Europe for at least 40 years". I would've thanked you for the information.

It would also have been a lot more respectful if you had assumed western Europe had been very welcoming and facilitating to muslims for the past decades - and given some consideration to the possibility that perhaps a significant amount muslims has indeed not been behaving very well during that time - leading to growing feelings of "they do not deserve all this special treatment"

Soo.. let us both change our assumptions and tune :) ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Miasto Lodz
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miasto Lodz » Sun May 01, 2016 9:17 am

Ashworth-Attwater wrote:This is not the first time Islamophobic attacks have been carried out in France and in Corsica.

Why are you still using this term when even the guy who coined it is retracting from using it?
Ashworth-Attwater wrote:Sadly, women in hijabs being harassed and mosques vandalized are nothing new in the land of post-structuralism and guillotined monarchs

1. Corsica is NOT France regardless of what's on map.
2. This action is still a very moderate behavior by Corsican standards.
Ashworth-Attwater wrote:Does that, in your opinion, make these attacks on the Islamic community of France justifiable, NSG?

If govt is refusing to take steps to symmetrize the conflict and start to target their civilians as muslims are targeting European civilians no wonder the European civilians are taking those steps themselves.

Ashworth-Attwater wrote:Should they brace themselves for dark times to come?

No, they should go back where they came from.
Ashworth-Attwater wrote:Are you happy that Muslims in Europe are being attacked?

Happy? Not really. They're not supposed to be in Europe in the first place, but I'm glad they're finally getting a little bit of taste of their own poison.

Ashworth-Attwater wrote:Is it their fault for not being assimilated into European Culture™? Comment below.

Of course it is. If four decades in a welfare state and a metric fuckton of money and civil servants/volunteers worktime wasn't enough for them to at least start to "behave" they have no one to blame but themselves.
Mine's bigger.
"A quality instrument is easily repaired" Leo Fender
Kupując kebaba osiedlasz Araba.
Keine Freiheit für die Feinde der Freiheit.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun May 01, 2016 9:17 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:It would've been a lot more respectful to say "Arabic and Islamic courses have already been in Europe for at least 40 years". I would've thanked you for the information.

It would also have been a lot more respectful if you had assumed western Europe had been very welcoming and facilitating to muslims for the past decades - and given some consideration to the possibility that perhaps a significant amount muslims has indeed not been behaving very well during that time - leading to growing feelings of "they do not deserve all this special treatment"

Soo.. let us both change our assumptions and tune :) ?

I said that Europe could build religious schools, meaning I wasn't aware that Europe already had them. And now I can kinda see where your going. Should've thought that through. Sure.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

A Czecherboard
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby A Czecherboard » Sun May 01, 2016 9:19 am

DEUS

FUCKING

VULT
Hey, vote Adolf Hitler, 2016. Because putting it in my signature will totally swing your vote, right?

antifa looks at black man with white straight laces
"are you a nazi?"
some holocaust math

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun May 01, 2016 9:20 am

Kriga wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Religious schools don't necessarily make a country a religious state.

Not saying they do, but they have no right to exist because they destroy the spirit of secularism. The state should provide education, not religion. Otherwise, religious schooling leads to possible bias.

But if a parent wants their child/children to grow up with a strong faith, shouldn't they have that right?
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Kautharr
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kautharr » Sun May 01, 2016 9:21 am

Gauthier wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:You don't support anti-Christian/Jewish causes but support banning 'Islamization' from coming (Muslim refugees) to seek a better life.

Rather, he supports the arson of mosques but not arson of churches or synagogues.

hahahah just fucking stop.
you ignore my reasoning and instead make up my own beliefs lmao

I'm not going to say it again, especially to you and other overly offended posters, I support their cause as long as what they do ISN'T VIOLENT. And you know what their cause is? TO STOP ISLAMIC INFLUENCE IN EUROPE, WHICH IS CHRISTIAN NOT MUSLIM.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.” - St. Augustine of Hippo
Trump Will Make America Great Again
You are a: Conservative Anti-Government Non-Interventionist Ultranationalist Fundamentalist
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -33%
Internationalism score: -33%
Tribalism score: 100%
Liberalism score: -100%
Political Compass: Social 4.71 Economic 2.19

Unified Heartless States
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Heartless States » Sun May 01, 2016 9:21 am

Miasto Lodz wrote:
Ashworth-Attwater wrote:This is not the first time Islamophobic attacks have been carried out in France and in Corsica.

Why are you still using this term when even the guy who coined it is retracting from using it?
Thank you, based nation.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:22 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Kriga wrote:

But if a parent wants their child/children to grow up with a strong faith, shouldn't they have that right?

No. If they want their child to learn their religion they can teach them themselves, not rely on state funded schools for indoctrinating their kids.
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun May 01, 2016 9:24 am

Kautharr wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

hahahah just fucking stop.

I'm not going to say it again, especially to you and other overly offended posters, I support their cause as long as what they do ISN'T VIOLENT. And you know what their cause is? TO STOP ISLAMIC INFLUENCE IN EUROPE, WHICH IS CHRISTIAN NOT MUSLIM.

But what they did was violent and prejudiced. And religion should have the right to spread it's wings as far as it can.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun May 01, 2016 9:26 am

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:But if a parent wants their child/children to grow up with a strong faith, shouldn't they have that right?

No. If they want their child to learn their religion they can teach them themselves, not rely on state funded schools for indoctrinating their kids.

It's not indoctrination, it's teaching religion and strengthened faith. Besides, I saying that there can be religious and secular schools. Now that's having the best of both worlds.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Kautharr
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kautharr » Sun May 01, 2016 9:26 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Kautharr wrote:hahahah just fucking stop.

But what they did was violent and prejudiced. And religion should have the right to spread it's wings as far as it can.

Fine. We should spread Christianity into the middle east so that Saudi Arabia, including Mecca, become Christian.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.” - St. Augustine of Hippo
Trump Will Make America Great Again
You are a: Conservative Anti-Government Non-Interventionist Ultranationalist Fundamentalist
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -33%
Internationalism score: -33%
Tribalism score: 100%
Liberalism score: -100%
Political Compass: Social 4.71 Economic 2.19

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:31 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:

It's not indoctrination, it's teaching religion and strengthened faith. Besides, I saying that there can be religious and secular schools. Now that's having the best of both worlds.

Religious indoctrination, the original sense of indoctrination, refers to a process of imparting doctrine in an authoritative way, as in catechism. Most religious groups among the revealed religions instruct new members in the principles of the religion; this is now not usually referred to as indoctrination by the religions themselves, in part because of the negative connotations the word has acquired. Mystery religions require a period of indoctrination before granting access to esoteric knowledge. (cf. Information security)

As a pejorative term, indoctrination implies forcibly or coercively causing people to act and think on the basis of a certain ideology. Some secular critics believe that all religions indoctrinate their adherents, as children, and the accusation is made in the case of religious extremism. Sects such as Scientology use personality tests and peer pressures to indoctrinate new members. Some religions have commitment ceremonies for children 13 years and younger, such as Bar Mitzvah, Confirmation, and Shichi-Go-San. In Buddhism, temple boys are encouraged to follow the faith while young.[citation needed] Critics of religion, such as Richard Dawkins, maintain that the children of religious parents are often unfairly indoctrinated.

You can teach religion in a secular school alongside all other major religions, but a true education can not come from a school who exists under the belief that one of them is right above all others.
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun May 01, 2016 9:32 am

Kautharr wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:But what they did was violent and prejudiced. And religion should have the right to spread it's wings as far as it can.

Fine. We should spread Christianity into the middle east so that Saudi Arabia, including Mecca, become Christian.

I would prefer it if Mecca was simply returned to the Meccans. Their religion was intruiging.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun May 01, 2016 9:32 am

Kautharr wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:But what they did was violent and prejudiced. And religion should have the right to spread it's wings as far as it can.

Cool. As long as no crusades stuff happens, I'm cool with that. But I still wanna make Hajj though. And there's religious freedom, right? If all that's guaranteed, I'm a ok.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun May 01, 2016 9:36 am

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:It's not indoctrination, it's teaching religion and strengthened faith. Besides, I saying that there can be religious and secular schools. Now that's having the best of both worlds.

Religious indoctrination, the original sense of indoctrination, refers to a process of imparting doctrine in an authoritative way, as in catechism. Most religious groups among the revealed religions instruct new members in the principles of the religion; this is now not usually referred to as indoctrination by the religions themselves, in part because of the negative connotations the word has acquired. Mystery religions require a period of indoctrination before granting access to esoteric knowledge. (cf. Information security)

As a pejorative term, indoctrination implies forcibly or coercively causing people to act and think on the basis of a certain ideology. Some secular critics believe that all religions indoctrinate their adherents, as children, and the accusation is made in the case of religious extremism. Sects such as Scientology use personality tests and peer pressures to indoctrinate new members. Some religions have commitment ceremonies for children 13 years and younger, such as Bar Mitzvah, Confirmation, and Shichi-Go-San. In Buddhism, temple boys are encouraged to follow the faith while young.[citation needed] Critics of religion, such as Richard Dawkins, maintain that the children of religious parents are often unfairly indoctrinated.

You can teach religion in a secular school alongside all other major religions, but a true education can not come from a school who exists under the belief that one of them is right above all others.

Hm. Well my religious school (it's a Sunday school at my masjid) only teaches us about Al-Islam and how we can work the faith in our lives. But they don't try to say "Islam's the only right religion! Everybody else are sinners/infidels!" They don't say that. As long as religious schools teach religion, I'm fine, but no indoctrination.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:46 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:

Hm. Well my religious school (it's a Sunday school at my masjid) only teaches us about Al-Islam and how we can work the faith in our lives. But they don't try to say "Islam's the only right religion! Everybody else are sinners/infidels!" They don't say that. As long as religious schools teach religion, I'm fine, but no indoctrination.

Childern are particularly susceptible to indoctrination, which is why it's important they are taught how to think critically without bias or favour. Subsequently it is better to provide a secular education of religion so they can better understand all opinions and be free to make their own informed decision.

Kriga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriga » Sun May 01, 2016 9:51 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:

No. Education is the responsibility of the State. Religion curtails free thinking and open dialogue. Faith schools are biased and not necessary. you want your child to learn about religion? Teach him/her yourself. Religion has no place in Education. Education must serve as a non-partisan, open-minded community. It does not need religion in any way.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sun May 01, 2016 9:57 am

Mefpan wrote:What the genuine fuck are you on about with this implication that people are going to cheer over this, or blame the victims?

Good god, I don't know what pisses me off more; the fact that such attacks happen or that you appear to believe I, or a significant portion of the forum would celebrate the misery of people who've most likely done nothing to deserve such a treatment.

Like, what the fuck. What the actual fuck.

Just thought I'd quote this from the first page.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Netherlands Mualenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Netherlands Mualenia » Sun May 01, 2016 10:05 am

Karma strikes back.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 am

Miasto Lodz wrote:

Er, the term is much older than that.

Anollasia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anollasia » Sun May 01, 2016 10:49 am

:(

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun May 01, 2016 10:51 am

Just what Europe needs, more religious violence -_-
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

UNIverseVERSE
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2004
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby UNIverseVERSE » Sun May 01, 2016 10:56 am

Jochistan wrote:No. The attacks are random. But they weirdly enough never seem to happen to fundamentalists.

Surely the reason for this is fairly easy to work out: there aren't very many fundamentalists.

France has a Muslim population of ~4.7 million. The two recent instances of fundamentalist Islamic terrorism in France have involved 10-15 active agents. Assuming they have a support and encouragement network that's say 10x their size, that makes 150 or so people at this level of fundamentalist awful: ~0.003% of the overall French Muslim population.

Or as another way to look at it, about one out of every thirty thousand random attacks would hit a fundamentalist group. Because it's such tiny ratio, the overwhelming odds are that any given random attack will hit some perfectly normal people.
Fnord.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General