NATION

PASSWORD

First female 11X has been accepted

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Islamic Emirate wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:And your basis? Technologically, the Canadian military isn't so grand yes. Training wise however, it has generally been considered to be top notch. Examples if you would.

I already have.

Without a single source detailing anything you said.

Falkenheim (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Falkenheim (Ancient) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Falkenheim wrote:I see. Thank you for educating me about how one military cannot ever, under any circumstances, be defeated by another.

Good thing I never said that then, didn't I?

Well you definitely implied it. If both Byzantium and the Third Reich both fell not because of their powerful enemies, but because of some random internal thing (which wasn't even major in the case of the Reich), then that's definitely the message you're sending.
We are a bunch of pale, cynical quasi-Germanic people under a psychopathic dictator.

Doperland
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Doperland » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:55 pm

USS Monitor wrote:I personally can't carry 80lb of equipment, but how should I know about these women they've recruited? I don't know them. I don't know how big they are or how much they can carry.

What kind of boat are you? Can't carry 80 pounds...
Just because of the name Doperland, doesn't mean we're all high, I mean, seriously, man....Quote of the undetermined period of time: "Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda
I'm awesome. On Steam(and most other things, actually) I'm called Necrocreature. Add me if you're willing to buy me stuff!
For:The colors Black, Red, White and Swedish Metal. Oh, and this:
Yedmnrutika Gavr wrote:da dopeste fiend

Against:You.- I mean, uh...
I am Doperland! I also go by Necrocreature, Dope, and various vulgar insults.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:55 pm

The balkens wrote:
Uxupox wrote:
Something about AR 600-20 or something.

What?

Military sexual policy.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Doperland wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:I personally can't carry 80lb of equipment, but how should I know about these women they've recruited? I don't know them. I don't know how big they are or how much they can carry.

Probably a sunken one.

Islamic Emirate
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Emirate » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:55 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Uxupox wrote:
An insert from here.

I'm an infantry man specifically an 11C in the US army. Currently I serve as an instructor in mortar related training and frankly my opinion is very low of this maneuver made by high command. I think this is just a disaster waiting to happen because up to this day they still haven't said which standards are females going to adhere to (Which in my opinion should the be normalized ones to graduate) but knowing TRADOC and their bullshit of magnanimous proportions they are gonna fuck it up as always. While I do know that there are woman who exist who can pass the physical requirements to do the job they are far and few in between which makes it economically un viable for the army as they are investing in a soldier and they expect a return investment from that.

Frankly I don't see the normal female to be able to carry this type of equipment through the day. Which could be upwards of 15 miles or 20 miles depending on when their next objective is. The total weight of his equipment should be upwards to around 80 to 90 lbs. Do you expect somebody who is around 140lb to carry 90lbs of equipment for hours on end?

Care to share your thoughts?

I personally can't carry 80lb of equipment, but how should I know about these women they've recruited? I don't know them. I don't know how big they are or how much they can carry.

Truthfully, you rarely have to carry that much. The only time I remember that was like Honor Hill and some FTXs. Usually in OSUT though its like 45lbs so its not that bad. If you can ruck a four miles carrying 45lbs in one hour, you're fine to be an 11B, more or less.
The Republic of Adiyyistan

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Kautharr wrote:
They did become an EMPIRE, y'know.

I don't see how Christianity "saved" the most powerful empire in the West.

saved it from sin

But not from Goths.

Gotta watch out for them emo barbarians. They pack a surprising punch.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Islamic Emirate
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Emirate » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Islamic Emirate wrote:
I already have.

Without a single source detailing anything you said.

By all means look it up. Couldn't care less if you accept it or not.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Kautharr wrote:Woman shouldn't be able to serve anyway. If they die overseas it leaves a child without a mother, and a child will not grow to their full potential without a mother.

Women can serve, I'm just not sure about girls serving on the front lines. I have a friend who's a girl and in the armed forces, just not on the front lines (though she's just as tough as some of the guys).

Another concern is that if the girls get taken prisoner during combat, there's no telling what their belligerents might do to them, depending on who it is. Especially ISIS. Ugh...as a girl myself, the idea terrifies me.

Also, the thing about kids, I agree with it. Sure, some ladies are single and don't have babies, but what about the ones that do? If they and the dads get killed in combat, then that's a huge problem for the kids who are left behind.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Falkenheim wrote:
Good thing I never said that then, didn't I?

Well you definitely implied it. If both Byzantium and the Third Reich both fell not because of their powerful enemies, but because of some random internal thing (which wasn't even major in the case of the Reich), then that's definitely the message you're sending.

I also never said that Byzantium fell because of a "random internal thing", did I? I said, specifically, that Byzantium was not as powerful as it was pre-Constantinople's fall, so it was a crippled empire by the time the Turks invaded it, who had, in fact, a more powerful army than Byzantium could field as a crippled empire.

What I am saying is this: Byzantium fell to her enemies, sure, but European Christian rulers who were opportunistic dicks gave the crippling blow to the empire that would allow for these things to happen, which, hint, it is an externality, not an internal issue. Try to keep up.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Islamic Emirate wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
I personally can't carry 80lb of equipment, but how should I know about these women they've recruited? I don't know them. I don't know how big they are or how much they can carry.

Truthfully, you rarely have to carry that much. The only time I remember that was like Honor Hill and some FTXs. Usually in OSUT though its like 45lbs so its not that bad. If you can ruck a four miles carrying 45lbs in one hour, you're fine to be an 11B, more or less.

I had to march everywhere when I was in sand hill. Fucking everywhere. Including those goddamn weapon qual ranges. Fuck that.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Islamic Emirate wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Without a single source detailing anything you said.

But you completely forgetting Operation IMPACT

Islamic Emirate
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Emirate » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Islamic Emirate wrote:

I had to march everywhere when I was in sand hill. Fucking everywhere. Including those goddamn weapon qual ranges. Fuck that.

Yeah you hump a lot but on Sand Hill I don't remember ever really carrying obscene amounts of weight. I do however remember those damn fireants. Everywhere.

Falkenheim (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Falkenheim (Ancient) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Falkenheim wrote:Well you definitely implied it. If both Byzantium and the Third Reich both fell not because of their powerful enemies, but because of some random internal thing (which wasn't even major in the case of the Reich), then that's definitely the message you're sending.

I also never said that Byzantium fell because of a "random internal thing", did I? I said, specifically, that Byzantium was not as powerful as it was pre-Constantinople's fall, so it was a crippled empire by the time the Turks invaded it, who had, in fact, a more powerful army than Byzantium could field as a crippled empire.

What I am saying is this: Byzantium fell to her enemies, sure, but European Christian rulers who were opportunistic dicks gave the crippling blow to the empire that would allow for these things to happen. Try to keep up.

"Try to keep up", eh? Funny how you only addressed one of my responses. Sorry if this triggers you, but that's what you get for being passive-aggressive.

Anyway, there are so many empires that fell because a population of foreigners entirely migrated into their country. The Byzantines wouldn't have survived regardless.
We are a bunch of pale, cynical quasi-Germanic people under a psychopathic dictator.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Islamic Emirate wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Without a single source detailing anything you said.

By all means, it's not my job to go source hunting. Sauce.

-The West Coast-
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby -The West Coast- » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:02 pm

As a soldier myself, I believe if a woman can serve and train under the same conditions as a man and fight in the same conditions as her male counterparts than she oughta be given the same shot as men get.
// THE GRAND OLD CONFEDERACY OF THE WEST COAST //

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."
— Edmund Burke; Reflections on the Revolution in France

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Because you posted a sexist OP.

It's not sexist to question the viability of having women in combat roles, or at the least, mixed combat units.

Though I personally disagree, it's not sexist.

The OP thinks the only way women could make it on the battlefield is if training standards are lowered. I find that to be an inherently sexist assumption.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Falkenheim wrote:

What I am saying is this: Byzantium fell to her enemies, sure, but European Christian rulers who were opportunistic dicks gave the crippling blow to the empire that would allow for these things to happen. Try to keep up.

"Try to keep up", eh? Funny how you only addressed one of my responses. Sorry if this triggers you, but that's what you get for being passive-aggressive.

Anyway, there are so many empires that fell because a population of foreigners entirely migrated into their country. The Byzantines wouldn't have survived regardless.

I'm not the one bringing up Nazi Germany into this. So I don't have to answer to your irrelevant shit.

And that wasn't my point. You keep trying to bring immigration and conquest while disregarding the sack of Constantinople as an actual thing that crippled Byzantium.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Falkenheim wrote:

The Third Reich fell because of both internal and external forces. The Germans (read: Hitler) were stupid enough to go into Russia in the middle of the winter, they were stupid enough to fight Great Britain in the air, and then the Americans, Canadians, and French all got into Germany via France. As far as internal forces, the Nazi bureaucracy was so tangled and tense that it was obviously going to fall apart, and by the end of the war it already was.

But anyway, I'm not sure what this has to do with ladies joining the military.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Falkenheim (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Falkenheim (Ancient) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Falkenheim wrote:"Try to keep up", eh? Funny how you only addressed one of my responses. Sorry if this triggers you, but that's what you get for being passive-aggressive.

I'm not the one bringing up Nazi Germany into this. So I don't have to answer to your irrelevant shit.

And that wasn't my point. You keep trying to bring immigration and conquest while disregarding the sack of Constantinople as an actual thing that crippled Byzantium.

I'm not denying that, but ultimately it wasn't what killed them.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:It's not sexist to question the viability of having women in combat roles, or at the least, mixed combat units.

The OP thinks the only way women could make it on the battlefield is if training standards are lowered. I find that to be an inherently sexist assumption.

Oh please. You want me to expect the vast majority of women who have the "potential" to enroll in the army won't be subjected to lowered normalized standards? Please. One goddamn round from the 120 MM mortar system is 35lbs. You will get fucked with that 35 lbs when your platoon sergeant decides to be a dick and holds your position for a minute or two.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:It's not sexist to question the viability of having women in combat roles, or at the least, mixed combat units.

OP said that he recognizes that there are women that can meet the physical standards set for men, just that most cannot.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Grenartia wrote:

I think he means physical standards, not mental or psychological, necessarily. Like the backpack he showed that was 80lbs or something. And then you have to walk with that for miles.

I mean, I don't think it's sexist for me to admit that I can't carry 80lbs (though then again, I'm a wimp). Maybe some stronger girls can carry heavier loads, but I don't know a lot of girls who can carry that kind of weight. Sure, girls are capable of being chill and focused right alongside the guys. Physically, though, I'm not sure if they could carry the same weight.
-Alan Jackson

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Doperland wrote:

I meant IRL.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

OP said that he recognizes that there are women that can meet the physical standards set for men, just that most cannot.

I personally know some that would destroy me in close combat.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General