NATION

PASSWORD

Brussels Terrorist Attack: ISIS Claims Responsibility

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Thiefs County wrote:And fuck all these faggots saying this is a result of our policies.

It probably was a revenge attack for the arrest made the other day, but what the fuck are we meant to do? These people cannot co-exist with civilisation. More attacks will be made, more civilians will die and some of us may even lose people close to us. Make no mistake, we are at war. But it isn't a war we will lose.

According to ISIS it is a revenge attack, but to airstrikes rather than Salah, although, it does give them a propaganda plus that they carried out this attack within a week of the arrest.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:57 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Thiefs County wrote:No, Fuck Islam.

We can't be that general, what about the Shias? (I mean sure 1979, but they're fight against ISIS seems to be leading them to reconciliation with the civilised World.)

I don't care what branch of Islam it is, Islam is just a terrible ducking religion and it's followers are some of the worst people on earth.
same

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Thiefs County wrote:And fuck all these faggots saying this is a result of our policies.

It probably was a revenge attack for the arrest made the other day, but what the fuck are we meant to do? These people cannot co-exist with civilisation. More attacks will be made, more civilians will die and some of us may even lose people close to us. Make no mistake, we are at war. But it isn't a war we will lose.

According to ISIS it is a revenge attack, but to airstrikes rather than Salah, although, it does give them a propaganda plus that they carried out this attack within a week of the arrest.

I haven't read too much on ISIS response, so yeah.

But yeah, I have a lot of good friends in Belgium, thankfully none of them were hurt except for one.
same

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Would have he tried to invade somebody else though?

It would probably be another majority Muslim country, so the civilised World wouldn't really care that much, keep in mind 9/11 had happened relatively recently, also the whole 'Palestinians celebrating the attacks' thing would still be fresh in the minds of many civilised people.

I wonder if he would have tried to invade Kuwait again or maybe even Saudi Arabia.
Last edited by Uxupox on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Thiefs County wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:We can't be that general, what about the Shias? (I mean sure 1979, but they're fight against ISIS seems to be leading them to reconciliation with the civilised World.)

I don't care what branch of Islam it is, Islam is just a terrible ducking religion and it's followers are some of the worst people on earth.

Mmm, to be honest my heart is telling me to whole heartedly agree with you, but my logic is telling me to stay reasonably silently discriminatory towards only some branches of Islam in general.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Uxupox wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:It would probably be another majority Muslim country, so the civilised World wouldn't really care that much, keep in mind 9/11 had happened relatively recently, also the whole 'Palestinians celebrating the attacks' thing would still be fresh in the minds of many civilised people.

I wonder if he would have tried to invade Kuwait again or maybe even Saudi Arabia.

Kuwait, nope since there were still coalition forces there.
And if they did try to invade Saudi, either America backs the Saudis, or another bogged down war like Iran in the 80s would occur, with no clear winner.

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Thiefs County wrote:I don't care what branch of Islam it is, Islam is just a terrible ducking religion and it's followers are some of the worst people on earth.

Mmm, to be honest my heart is telling me to whole heartedly agree with you, but my logic is telling me to stay reasonably silently discriminatory towards only some branches of Islam in general.

Even people form the other branches could be just as bad, but I haven't looked too much into Islam except for obvious stuff and a more.
same

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Okay

So

Apparently my friends borates was there and isn't okay.
same

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Thiefs County wrote:Okay

So

What's a 'borates'?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Thiefs County wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Mmm, to be honest my heart is telling me to whole heartedly agree with you, but my logic is telling me to stay reasonably silently discriminatory towards only some branches of Islam in general.

Even people form the other branches could be just as bad, but I haven't looked too much into Islam except for obvious stuff and a more.

This should be helpful with your research...

To Quoc Duc
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby To Quoc Duc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Uxupox wrote:

Kuwait, nope since there were still coalition forces there.
And if they did try to invade Saudi, either America backs the Saudis, or another bogged down war like Iran in the 80s would occur, with no clear winner.

First of all, Iraq was indeed actually planning for another invasion of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, and was in discussion with Russia to rebuild its military. That's part of the reason why we captured so many Russian advisers during the invasion. Second of all, Saudi Arabia's military didn't exactly perform in sterling fashion during its part of Desert Shield, so I don't believe the Iraqis would've experienced quite as hard a time as they did in Iran.
The Republic of Tổ Quốc Đức

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:I prefer To Quoc Duc to willful ignorance any day!

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Thiefs County wrote:Okay

So

What's a 'borates'?

Sorry, I was on my phone when I wrote this. I meant "brother",
same

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:14 pm

To Quoc Duc wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Kuwait, nope since there were still coalition forces there.

First of all, Iraq was indeed actually planning for another invasion of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, and was in discussion with Russia to rebuild its military. That's part of the reason why we captured so many Russian advisers during the invasion. Second of all, Saudi Arabia's military didn't exactly perform in sterling fashion during its part of Desert Shield, so I don't believe the Iraqis would've experienced quite as hard a time as they did in Iran.

They never would have realistically tried to invade Kuwait again after their magnificent failure in the early 90s, considering that they know the West has Kuwait's back. Meanwhile, when it comes to Saudi, it's a pretty big place, and an American ally, it would have most likely been defended by superior American weapons had it failed to defend itself.

Seraven
Senator

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:16 pm

My condolences to the victims of the Brussels Terrorist Attack.

Thiefs County wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:There fixed.

No, Fuck Islam.

Uh-huh, blaming religion because of a group's action.

I mean, that means we should blame the whole Christians for the existence of Westboro Baptist Church too.
Copper can change as its quality went down.
Gold can't change, for its quality never went down.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

Preussenstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Preussenstan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Seraven wrote:
I mean, that means we should blame the whole Christians for the existence of Westboro Baptist Church too.

Yes, we are doing it already. Christianity is to blame for white racism and patriarchy that dominates the West.

Seraven
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:20 pm

Preussenstan wrote:
Seraven wrote:

Yes, we are doing it already. Christianity is to blame for white racism and patriarchy that dominates the West.

You know I'm a bit sarcastic on that one, right?

But you and I, we both have a point.
Last edited by Seraven on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:20 pm

Seraven wrote:My condolences to the victims of the Brussels Terrorist Attack.

Thiefs County wrote:No, Fuck Islam.

In the last 30 days alone there have been 123 attacks in 22 different countries, with a total death toll of 1018. That's 34 people a day. In November 2014, Islamic terrorism killed more people than all 350 years of the Inquisition. They have murdered more people every day than the KKK has since 1945. Killed more civilians on September 11th than the entirety of the Troubles in Northern Ireland. And during a single day in June 2014, they managed to kill more Iraqis than prisoners executed in the US over the last 40 years.
same

Seraven
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:22 pm

Thiefs County wrote:
Seraven wrote:My condolences to the victims of the Brussels Terrorist Attack.

In the last 30 days alone there have been 123 attacks in 22 different countries, with a total death toll of 1018. That's 34 people a day. In November 2014, Islamic terrorism killed more people than all 350 years of the Inquisition. They have murdered more people every day than the KKK has since 1945. Killed more civilians on September 11th than the entirety of the Troubles in Northern Ireland. And during a single day in June 2014, they managed to kill more Iraqis than prisoners executed in the US over the last 40 years.

Clearly you always blame Islam for this whole thing.
The Alma Mater wrote:

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Thiefs County wrote:Even people form the other branches could be just as bad, but I haven't looked too much into Islam except for obvious stuff and a more.

This should be helpful with your research...

As should this.

What's that, you say? These two pages are presenting entirely opposing views? You mean that texts hundreds of years old are really hard to interpret and as such might lead to different interpretations? And that while the vast, vast majority of Muslims follow the second link's interpretations, a tiny minority follow the first's? Just like every religion on Earth has tiny groups of followers that act against the very tenants of that religion, and are condemned by the vast, vast majority of the faith?

Darn. Religion is hard. Much easier to condemn all Muslims or Islam as murderous, horrible, or anti-Western, right?
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:25 pm

BILLIONS OF MODERATES
I
L
L
I
O
N
S

O
F

M
O
D
E
R
A
T
E
S
same

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:26 pm

The Klishi Islands wrote:

As should this.

What's that, you say? These two pages are presenting entirely opposing views? You mean that texts hundreds of years old are really hard to interpret and as such might lead to different interpretations? And that while the vast, vast majority of Muslims follow the second link's interpretations, a tiny minority follow the first's? Just like every religion on Earth has tiny groups of followers that act against the very tenants of that religion, and are condemned by the vast, vast majority of the faith?

Darn. Religion is hard. Much easier to condemn all Muslims or Islam as murderous, horrible, or anti-Western, right?

Pages won't open...?
same

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:28 pm

The Klishi Islands wrote:

As should this.

"yeah multiple terrorist attacks within the space of a year, thousands dead but can we please chill out with the islamophobia for two seconds jeez"
same

Thiefs County
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thiefs County » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:29 pm

fuck Im not even goin to remember this tomorrow
same

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Thiefs County wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:We can't be that general, what about the Shias? (I mean sure 1979, but they're fight against ISIS seems to be leading them to reconciliation with the civilised World.)

Oh hey, I wondered if I could find someone who was thinking exactly like a terrorist in this thread. Was not disappointed.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Seraven
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:31 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Thiefs County wrote:I don't care what branch of Islam it is, Islam is just a terrible ducking religion and it's followers are some of the worst people on earth.

Oh hey, I wondered if I could find someone who was thinking exactly like a terrorist in this thread. Was not disappointed.

Nor happy about the existence of someone like him.
The Alma Mater wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General