NATION

PASSWORD

GOP Primary Megathread III: Third Time's A Charm

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you support in the General Election?

Donald Trump (Republican Nominee)
32%
Hillary Clinton (Presumptive Democratic Nominee)
37%
None/3rd Party/Other
32%

Total votes : 301

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Cyrisnia wrote:A moment of silence for the Cruz and Kasich campaigns, please.

Pretty sure the Kasich one has been dead for a while, logically speaking. But yup. RIP.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:16 pm

Corrian wrote:
Cyrisnia wrote:A moment of silence for the Cruz and Kasich campaigns, please.

Pretty sure the Kasich one has been dead for a while, logically speaking. But yup. RIP.

Kasich is a zombie at this point tbh.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Planita
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:17 pm

Cyrisnia wrote:
Corrian wrote:Pretty sure the Kasich one has been dead for a while, logically speaking. But yup. RIP.

Kasich is a zombie at this point tbh.

His only goal is to get enough delegates to him to force a contested convention.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Planita wrote:
Eol Sha wrote:Erm, that hasn't been updated since last week.

I know that but the target for this set of primaries is 989 (although it hasn't updated it still shows the line representing the delegates he needs). He only has 950. Probably add a few more.

According to Wikipedia, Trump has 990 delegates.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Planita wrote:
Cyrisnia wrote:Kasich is a zombie at this point tbh.

His only goal is to get enough delegates to him to force a contested convention.

His sole purpose was to win Ohio.
He might get lucky and win maybe one other state but that's bout it.
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Eol Sha wrote:
Planita wrote:I know that but the target for this set of primaries is 989 (although it hasn't updated it still shows the line representing the delegates he needs). He only has 950. Probably add a few more.

According to Wikipedia, Trump has 990 delegates.

Wait what...

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:20 pm

Planita wrote:
Eol Sha wrote:According to Wikipedia, Trump has 990 delegates.

Wait what...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_o ... ries,_2016
Last edited by Eol Sha on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Then what I am looking at when I google "us primary results"?

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Planita wrote:

us primary results
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Cyrisnia wrote:
Planita wrote:Then what I am looking at when I google "us primary results"?

us primary results

Which also says that Trump has 950 delegates.

Quintanilla
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintanilla » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:26 pm

Planita wrote:
Eol Sha wrote:According to Wikipedia, Trump has 990 delegates.

Wait what...

Trump was standing at 892 delegates at the start, and needed* an extra 97 to get back onto the FiveThirtyEight target of 989. There were 118 up for grabs and he definitely won at least 97 of them. Tonight was yuge.
Last edited by Quintanilla on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Planita wrote:
Cyrisnia wrote:us primary results

Which also says that Trump has 950 delegates.

The wikipedia's wrong, it's 950.

Also trump is basically guaranteed the nomination this point

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:28 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:
Planita wrote:Which also says that Trump has 950 delegates.

The wikipedia's wrong, it's 950.

Needs less than half the remaining delegates. Yeah. America, you never fail to disappoint me.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Planita wrote:

Maybe all the delegates haven't been split up yet?

Quintanilla wrote:
Planita wrote:Wait what...

Trump was standing at 892 delegates at the start, and needed* an extra 97 to get back onto the FiveThirtyEight target of 989. There were 118 up for grabs and he definitely won at least 97 of them. Tonight was yuge.

This makes sense to me.

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Western Pacific Territories wrote:The wikipedia's wrong, it's 950.

Needs less than half the remaining delegates. Yeah. America, you never fail to disappoint me.

TBH fam I'm just enjoying watching the Cruz, Kasich, and [insert other candidate] supporters freak out as Trump continues to exceed polls.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Idzequitch wrote:Needs less than half the remaining delegates. Yeah. America, you never fail to disappoint me.

TBH fam I'm just enjoying watching the Cruz, Kasich, and [insert other candidate] supporters freak out as Trump continues to exceed polls.

If the guy who's winning wasn't a racist asshole with no policies other than "build a wall lol" I might be inclined to agree.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Western Pacific Territories wrote:TBH fam I'm just enjoying watching the Cruz, Kasich, and [insert other candidate] supporters freak out as Trump continues to exceed polls.

If the guy who's winning wasn't a racist asshole with no policies other than "build a wall lol" I might be inclined to agree.

Build a wall, deport Mexicans and Muslims, start a trade war with Mexico and China at the same time, nuke Europe and the Middle East, then for the inaugural State of the Union Address announce that the country is filing for bankruptcy.
Last edited by Gauthier on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Trumpostan
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpostan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:If the guy who's winning wasn't a racist asshole with no policies other than "build a wall lol" I might be inclined to agree.

Build a wall, deport Mexicans and Muslims, start a trade war with Mexico and China at the same time, nuke Europe and the Middle East, then for the inaugural State of the Union Address announce that the country is filing for bankruptcy.

At least the debt would be gone. Though there would be many angry people, but I suppose they could always be deported or nuked.
I do not support Donald J. Trump
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Idzequitch wrote:racist asshole

I'm sorry to inform you that 'Mexican' is not a race.
Idzequitch wrote:no policies other than "build a wall lol"

• Deport illegal immigrants.
  • Negotiate trade deals.
  • Remove medicare and replace it with a more efficient system.
  • Lower middle class taxes, make the wealthy pay their fair share and remove loopholes.
  • Root out corruption.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Trumpostan wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

At least the debt would be gone. Though there would be many angry people, but I suppose they could always be deported or nuked.

I would expect nothing less. Those seem to be the only solutions that he knows of.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Idzequitch wrote:racist asshole

I'm sorry to inform you that 'Mexican' is not a race.

They aren't? What are they?

Deport illegal immigrants.

That never happened before?

[*]Negotiate trade deals.

He isn't going to change anything. Has he explained how we are being "cheated"?

[*]Remove medicare and replace it with a more efficient system.

Such as? He won't touch this.

[*]Lower middle class taxes, make the wealthy pay their fair share and remove loopholes.

deja-vu

Root out corruption.

Sure he will.

So we have building a wall which of course Mexico will pay for......

Jingoism is all he has.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:20 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:They aren't? What are they?

A nationality.

The Black Forrest wrote:That never happened before?

Hillary wants to bring in more immigrants.
As for everything else, I can't really answer because Trump hasn't fully elaborated on his policies yet, though he'll put them in more detail soon.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:25 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:They aren't? What are they?

A nationality.

And that makes it not racist?

The Black Forrest wrote:That never happened before?

Hillary wants to bring in more immigrants.
As for everything else, I can't really answer because Trump hasn't fully elaborated on his policies yet, though he'll put them in more detail soon.

Will he now. I doubt it. Probably more jingoism then plans.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:28 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Western Pacific Territories wrote:A nationality.

Racist is the term used to describe discrimination against a race of people. The term 'Mexican' is a nationality. So discriminating against Mexicans would not be racist, since racist would be the incorrect term. And even then it's not discrimination.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Racist is the term used to describe discrimination against a race of people. The term 'Mexican' is a nationality. So discriminating against Mexicans would not be racist, since racist would be the incorrect term. And even then it's not discrimination.

That's some mighty fine splitting hairs you done there.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General