NATION

PASSWORD

Russian scientists can turn black people white

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Quokkastan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Quokkastan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:08 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Zaldakki wrote:So what made you think this would make sense?

I have heard about this theoretical procedure where the genes for skin color can be artificially changed to another race's regardless of an infant's parentage, it could work but hasn't been tried before. I might have confused the two.

Now if what this topic is about were true, it would affect a person's phenotype but would leave their genotype alone. It will only be a cosmetic change. It would still be a remarkable achievement either way. But it hasn't panned out and might never.

You know... you can just bleach the skin. That technology has existed for like a century now.

...why am I encouraging you?
Give us this day our daily thread.
And forgive us our flames, as we forgive those who flame against us.
And lead us not into trolling, but deliver us from spambots.
For thine is the website, and the novels, and the glory. Forever and ever.
In Violent's name we pray. Submit.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Quokkastan wrote:You know... you can just bleach the skin. That technology has existed for like a century now.

I've seen great tans but never good skin bleaches, I'm not sure if it's possible to get a good result with that. Yeah, it is time I recused myself. This topic is debunked anyways.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Kahanistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahanistan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if Trey Parker and Matt Stone weren't making a prophecy when they ran the episode of South Park with the negroplasty. Hopefully this doesn't mean we'll be seeing shark people walking the streets in 20 or 30 years.

Seriously, though, I don't see how using surgery to alter apparent racial characteristics is any more or less ethical than gender reassignment procedures. In fact since they're just changing skin colour and not mutilating their genitalia it seems significantly less radical. Now is there a way to put more melanin cells in the skin to turn white people black? Given the accomplishments of plastic surgery adding an epicanthic fold to the eyelid to create an East Asian appearance or widening the nose for a more stereotypical African appearance probably isn't extremely difficult either.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Kahanistan wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Trey Parker and Matt Stone weren't making a prophecy when they ran the episode of South Park with the negroplasty. Hopefully this doesn't mean we'll be seeing shark people walking the streets in 20 or 30 years.

Seriously, though, I don't see how using surgery to alter apparent racial characteristics is any more or less ethical than gender reassignment procedures. In fact since they're just changing skin colour and not mutilating their genitalia it seems significantly less radical. Now is there a way to put more melanin cells in the skin to turn white people black? Given the accomplishments of plastic surgery adding an epicanthic fold to the eyelid to create an East Asian appearance or widening the nose for a more stereotypical African appearance probably isn't extremely difficult either.

You know the story in the OP is bullshit, right?
Last edited by Napkiraly on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kahanistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahanistan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:35 pm

I got suspicious when I saw on the side of the article a link claiming a condemned paedophile cannibal in Texas got a little girl shipped in from Africa for his last meal. Technology to alter human phenotypes sounds infinitely more plausible, however.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Isn't this a hoax?
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Zaldakki
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaldakki » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Baltenstein wrote:Isn't this a hoax?

Yes

Cinia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinia » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Alright, so I feel like this is a good time to butt in and get this mess back on track. I will refer back to the OP for this. I have not read all pages that this thread entails but god damn if it went to trash really fast from what I've seen. The OP gave the questions, "Should they be allowed to do this?" Instead, I see everyone went on their own path and decided to Mythbust this topic even though that was never the idea at hand and it doesn't really matter whether or not it's real. So please everyone, let's take each others hands and calmly get back on topic on the question that was posted at the beginning of the thread, in the OP.
*sigh*

Thank you.
Cinian Representative: Codename: 'X' {Member of Black Swan | Shadow Branch}
Military Representative: Codename: 'Blade' {Member of Black Swan | Force Branch}
Intelligence Representative: Codename: 'Brain' {Member of Black Swan | Intelligence Branch}
Secretary: Codename: 'Stacy' {Member of Office Union}

Cinia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinia » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Reading back over my post I just made, I realized I didn't post my own opinion on the question. I honestly don't know about this one. I'm kinda leaning on the side of, if the person wants to then go for it. I'm like that on a lot of issues really. Kind of a short answer, but idk lol
Cinian Representative: Codename: 'X' {Member of Black Swan | Shadow Branch}
Military Representative: Codename: 'Blade' {Member of Black Swan | Force Branch}
Intelligence Representative: Codename: 'Brain' {Member of Black Swan | Intelligence Branch}
Secretary: Codename: 'Stacy' {Member of Office Union}

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:39 pm

Saiwania wrote:If this is true, I might finally not have any excuse to be racist. A tremendous weight will be lifted from my shoulders if I don't have to worry about the White extinction scenario anymore. But my life so far will have been for naught. :(

A tremendous weight will be lifted from my shoulders if I don't have to worry about the White extinction scenario anymore.

...get your priorities straight, man.

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:46 pm

That's great. Once this is universalized, there will be no more racism, because everyone will be white. Yay!
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Founded: Jan 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:56 pm

Kelinfort wrote:
Saiwania wrote:If this is true, I might finally not have any excuse to be racist. A tremendous weight will be lifted from my shoulders if I don't have to worry about the White extinction scenario anymore. But my life so far will have been for naught. :(

A tremendous weight will be lifted from my shoulders if I don't have to worry about the White extinction scenario anymore.

...get your priorities straight, man.

Really.

I find it a bit...strange...when non politicians worry about politics more than anything else.
I am: Cynic, Depressive, Junior in HS, Arizonan, Sarcastic, Wannabe Psychologist, Lover of Cinema and Rum.

Ziggy played guitar....
For ISIS | On Israel and its settlements | Flat Taxes are beneficial for all | OOC, Baby | Probably Accurate.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:37 am

Cinia wrote:Alright, so I feel like this is a good time to butt in and get this mess back on track. I will refer back to the OP for this. I have not read all pages that this thread entails but god damn if it went to trash really fast from what I've seen. The OP gave the questions, "Should they be allowed to do this?" Instead, I see everyone went on their own path and decided to Mythbust this topic even though that was never the idea at hand and it doesn't really matter whether or not it's real. So please everyone, let's take each others hands and calmly get back on topic on the question that was posted at the beginning of the thread, in the OP.
*sigh*

Thank you.

The question in the OP is irrelevant, since the premise it's based on is quite clearly nonsense.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:18 am

Sino nations wrote:SCINECE!

"We're all about coulda, not shoulda!"

Anima Gentem wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

I gave my source so go elsewhere if you're not gonna contribute or even try to give counter evidence

Disregarding the fact that your "source" was essentially the Onion, and that the burden of proof is on you, yes. it's fake.
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

Yuketobaniac unions
Attaché

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuketobaniac unions » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:18 am

The Wolven League wrote:Good to know scientists of the world have their priorities straight.

Cancer killing millions? Find a way to make black people white.

Becuz fuck Cancer comrade i can make people white
Selling Tanks.
Yuketobaniac Armed forces.
Yuketobaniac Equipment.

NSEconomy
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig. Dis hononably Banned the nation Yuketobaniac by Reploid on june 11th
(Yuketobaniac previous nation) 28th of may 2014-june 7 2015
I, a citizen of The UNITED STATES of AMERICA, am calling for the immediate arrest and trial of Barack Hussein Obama for treason, under Article 3 section 3 of the United States Constitution, for aiding and giving comfort to our enemies. If you agree, please copy and re-post.

Kathmandue
Envoy

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kathmandue » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:20 am

That looks painful.

The Conez Imperium
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:21 am

Kahanistan wrote:I got suspicious when I saw on the side of the article a link claiming a condemned paedophile cannibal in Texas got a little girl shipped in from Africa for his last meal. Technology to alter human phenotypes sounds infinitely more plausible, however.

Oh, so I'm not the only person who saw that advertisement. Rather disturbing...
Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Anima Gentem wrote:Sorry for the title as what I wanted to put would be too long but apparently Russian scientists have figured out how to remove the black layer of skin from black people http://nordpresse.be/russian-laboratory-invented-way-remove-black-skin-layer/. Personally, I'm alright with that. I don't think just anyone should just go having this process done since it would be irreversible. But if someone truly doesn't identify with being black then, after being educated that there's no going back, I think they should have the right to make themselves into what they wish to be. What do you think NS?

My opinion: it's most likely fake, but if it's not, then it's a waste of research funds.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:28 am

The Tabula Rasa Islands wrote:
Anima Gentem wrote:Sorry for the title as what I wanted to put would be too long but apparently Russian scientists have figured out how to remove the black layer of skin from black people?

WTF? You make it sound like black people are coated with something, where as other people aren't

Maybe it's armor.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:29 am

Can they bring back the king of pop instead? And why would this even be any kind of relevant at all? Unless they're going on a genocidal forced whitening spree, who cares?
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

St Nevis And Kitts
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby St Nevis And Kitts » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:30 am

This is a lie
Sovereign King of the Constitutional Union and all the crown dominion

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:32 am

Saiwania wrote:
Liberty and Linguistics wrote:The way I look at it is this: Race can be an important topic when it's in context, but on NSG, and in the real world, it's often tied into things far too often. Whether far rightists are blaming blacks for "riots and crime" or whether or not left wingers are blaming "white privilege and oppression" for everything, it's all just fucking stupid.

I don't like the BLM message or platform from what I can discern from looking at their list of demands, but I do acknowledge that they have a very valid reason for existing. There is a problem with White police officers killing Blacks as a first resort. It doesn't seem to extend to other racial groups, so Blacks are getting disproportionate abuse. It seems that Blacks were always disadvantaged because duh- they're in the minority but for whatever reason; it seems to have gotten especially bad this year.

Did White cops shooting Blacks out of hand always happen over decades and got covered up but is finally getting media exposure, or is there a sudden spike in Black killings by White police? Black neighborhoods need a police presence like anywhere else, but clearly having White cops do so would be a provocation at this point.

My proposal is for Black police officers to be recruited expressly for this purpose, but it'd be decried as racist. Would it not be the best choice to go with instead of say, Asian or Hispanic police officers? If the police force is visibly Black in majority Black locations, it should regain some trust.

Thanks for posting something totally relevant to the topic of the thread. We definitely needed this. :roll:

There hasn't been a sudden spike in police brutality against black suspects. It's an old problem that has just recently gotten more attention. You really couldn't figure that out yourself?
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:43 am

Saiwania wrote:
Quokkastan wrote:You know... you can just bleach the skin. That technology has existed for like a century now.

I've seen great tans but never good skin bleaches, I'm not sure if it's possible to get a good result with that. Yeah, it is time I recused myself. This topic is debunked anyways.

Visit China. They have lots of skin-lightening creams.

It looks pretty comical when someone uses a lot of it on their face, but nowhere else on their body.

Trumpostan
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpostan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Is this like that thing they tried in South Africa where they would invent a bomb of some kind that would kill only black people.

Either this is total BS or the world just got even more weird.
I do not support Donald J. Trump
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!

Zottistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zottistan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Ignoring how completely useless this is and the possible creepy racial undertones, this is so fucking cool.

Shame it isn't true. Awww.
Last edited by Zottistan on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ireland, BCL and LLM, Training Barrister, Cismale Bi Dude and Gym-Bro, Generally Boring Socdem Eurocuck

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General