NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Idealogue

Edmund Burke
15%
William F. Buckley
9%
Dostoevsky
8%
Evola
10%
De Maistre
4%
Disraeli
9%
Other
45%

Total votes : 418

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:13 pm

White European States wrote:
Val Halla wrote:You'll be reported for advocating death

Well, have

Go to hell!

If homophobic people go to heaven then shit, I will go to hell
Last edited by Val Halla on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Nova Populi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Populi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:13 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Nova Populi wrote:
Maybe I'm moderate too. Fascism seems rather incompatible with my anti-government libertarianism.

"Seems"
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State, which stands for the conscience and the universal, will of man as a historic entity

Pretty much the core of it's philosophy is incompatible with libertarianism or anti-statism.

Aye. And union coal miners fund the party that shuts down coal mines. It's a weird world.

If fascists are right-wing, and libertarians are right-wing, what is the commonality that makes them right-wing?

The fact that fascists want government to do something other than referee a clean game puts them out of my own personal definition of right-wing.
Last edited by Nova Populi on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Political tags -- such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth -- are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - Robert A. Heinlein

White European States
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby White European States » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:14 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:
So you support rape and bestiality of people who don't share your opinion?

It varies

I would support rape for a guy who watches Pain Olympics

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:14 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:Why the hell would someone support Pinochet, a man who's regime committed brutal atrocities such as raping women with dogs?

I support! (yes, i voted for him in the poll)

Why? Putting aside the needless brutality, there are far more successful right-wing dictators.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Nova Populi wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:
"Seems"

Pretty much the core of it's philosophy is incompatible with libertarianism or anti-statism.

Aye. And union coal miners fund the party that shuts down coal mines. It's a weird world.

If fascists are right-wing, and libertarians are right-wing, what is the commonality that makes them right-wing?

The fact that fascists want government to do something other than referee a clean game puts them out of my own personal definition of right-wing.

You're excluding a lot of right wingers from your definition then. Most of whom are far more unambiguously right wing than libertarians. Don't get me wrong, there are legitimate reasons to doubt how right wing fascists are, but "they're not minarchists" is not one of them.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:16 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:
So you support rape and bestiality of people who don't share your opinion?

It varies

Thank you for proving that no civilized human being should take your views seriously.

White European States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby White European States » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:17 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:
It varies

Thank you for proving that no civilized human being should take your views seriously.

Bermon
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bermon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:17 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Go to hell!

I think democracy is a bunch of claptrap

That would put you on the far left of the spectrum.
Send me a TG
My Factbooks are outdated
Proud Member of the International Northwestern Union

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:17 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:

See my post you quoted.

Nova Populi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Populi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Go to hell!

If homophobic people go to heaven then shit, I will go to hell

What if I told you there is no heaven or hell?
"Political tags -- such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth -- are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - Robert A. Heinlein

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Bermon wrote:
Diopolis wrote: I think democracy is a bunch of claptrap

That would put you on the far left of the spectrum.

What? Are you one of those guys who thinks "right" doesn't go past thomas jefferson? I want to bring back feudalism, and I'm far left?

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Go to hell!

See, stop that. I'm as anti-liberal as they come- I openly support Franco, theocracy, and believe in a masonic conspiracy. .

What do the Freemasons even do/beleive?
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

White European States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby White European States » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Nova Populi wrote:
Val Halla wrote:If homophobic people go to heaven then shit, I will go to hell

What if I say Anarchism is a failed theory?

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Nova Populi wrote:

What if I say where's your evidence?
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

White European States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby White European States » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Italios wrote:

What if I say where's your evidence?

Everyone doing what their wanna.

How can this be good?

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Italios wrote:What if I say where's your evidence?

Everyone doing what their wanna.

How can this be good?

That's... Not good evidence. Not even evidence.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Nova Populi wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:
"Seems"

"Right wing" has always been defined by the narrow clique that is called the "left" is opposed.

I share more opinions and feelings with the left, but because this clique has already branded me as right-wing, I can therefore no longer identify with it. It doesn't help that this clique has slowly taken upon the attributes of it's old enemies, either.

So I choose not to label myself.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Nova Populi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Populi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Nova Populi wrote:

You're excluding a lot of right wingers from your definition then. Most of whom are far more unambiguously right wing than libertarians. Don't get me wrong, there are legitimate reasons to doubt how right wing fascists are, but "they're not minarchists" is not one of them.

I would say "they're not monarchists" doesn't make people left-wing either. Just put me in the "down-wing" of the excluded middle.

As I said before, I lean rightward, but, if fascism is the last stop on the right-wing train, I'm off way before it gets there. Same with communism on the left train.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Nova Populi wrote:
Val Halla wrote:If homophobic people go to heaven then shit, I will go to hell

Hell exists. But they misspelled it as Hull.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Bermon
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bermon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Bermon wrote:That would put you on the far left of the spectrum.

What? Are you one of those guys who thinks "right" doesn't go past thomas jefferson? I want to bring back feudalism, and I'm far left?

Fuedalism doesn't go past "Thomas Jefferson", it's just different. Especially since it flies in the face of democratic principles and the notion of everyone being created equal. Tenets which Jefferson upheld. I called you left because you're against democracy, which is an ideal of the extreme left. Qq
Send me a TG
My Factbooks are outdated
Proud Member of the International Northwestern Union

White European States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby White European States » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:30 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Nova Populi wrote:

Hell exists. But they misspelled it as Hull.

Bad Joke

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:30 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:
Nova Populi wrote:

"Right wing" has always been defined by the narrow clique that is called the "left" is opposed.

I share more opinions and feelings with the left, but because this clique has already branded me as right-wing, I can therefore no longer identify with it. It doesn't help that this clique has slowly taken upon the attributes of it's old enemies, either.

I thought you labeled yourself Libertarian?
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Bermon wrote:
Diopolis wrote:What? Are you one of those guys who thinks "right" doesn't go past thomas jefferson? I want to bring back feudalism, and I'm far left?

Fuedalism doesn't go past "Thomas Jefferson", it's just different. Especially since it flies in the face of democratic principles and the notion of everyone being created equal. Tenets which Jefferson upheld. I called you left because you're against democracy, which is an ideal of the extreme left. Qq

Favoring democracy is a property for moderates and most leftists. Extreme left, some rightists and almost all of the "neither left nor right, but batshit insane" ideologies oppose it, which makes opposing democracy not exclusive to the far left.

Louis20
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Louis20 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:31 pm

in order i vote here 1. Franco 2.Salazar 3.Pinochet 4.stroessner 5. putin

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Jochistan wrote:
The Liberated Territories wrote:

I thought you labeled yourself Libertarian?

I do. But I refuse the left-right spectrum, it's outdated, but due to humanity's tendency to view things in black and white, it persists.

Besides I usually don't identify myself as anything stronger than independent irl. Here is different.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General