NATION

PASSWORD

Reflections on Expectations

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Reflections on Expectations

Postby JuNii » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Smunkeeville wrote:I think people think that because I'm home all day with "nothing to do" that my house will be spotless and that I'll clean up after everyone. They get all offended when they find out that everyone here does their own laundry but me. My kids do their own laundry, everything they own is wash and wear and they can read the labels, so why not? I don't do my laundry, my husband does my laundry, I hate doing laundry. Now this at times has seemed unfair to the children, but I told them that I do his dishes, so it's fair. The children wash their own dishes and clean their own rooms. If they wanted to swap chores around (you wash the dishes, I'll vacuum the bedrooms) I wouldn't care.

I don't even really cook dinner every night, I do most nights, but when I don't feel like it, they figure it out. i don't cook at all on the weekends, he does. This annoys the husbands of my friends because they expect their wives to do this stuff, after all he's "at work all day" and she's "sitting around eating bon-bons" right? No. My husband is some sort of traitor to his gender according to them. You know he'll watch his own kids if I have something to do? Weird right? :roll:

no... sounds... perfectly normal to me.

at my age, I'm expected to be married and a father to at least 2 kids already.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Previous

Return to General