NATION

PASSWORD

Circumcision: Double Standard?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Yes, but Reformists and reconstructionists are considered heterodox at best and heretics at worst by most other Jews

True, but at least these people aren't mutilating their boys' penises.

So? they still aren't the majority.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 am

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Dakini wrote:Several. I've seen attractive penises that are circumcised, ugly penises that are circumcised (including one that had a pretty bad looking scar from the procedure), attractive penises that are non-circumcised, unattractive penises that are non-circumcised. Foreskin doesn't really matter since that all retracts when a guy's hard anyway.

Sounds like a personal opinion too me.

You made a fucking statement that women would not find uncircumcised penises attractive. That's your personal opinion from assumptions that you made about how women feel about penis attractiveness. As a woman who fucks dudes (well, just one at present), I pointed out that not all of us do care and that circumcision status is not a deciding factor in how attractive penises are.
Last edited by Dakini on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 am

Jochistan wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
True, but at least these people aren't mutilating their boys' penises.

So? they still aren't the majority.

Change starts somewhere.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:15 am

Vashta Nerada wrote:I'm for circumcisions. My kid doesn't have a choice? Too bad. When the kid is an adult, then they can complain about circumcisions and how horrible they are. Until they get a job, move out, or contribute to the household in some meaningful way, their rights are nil. Besides that, I don't care. Besides, I highly doubt there are many women out there who want to look at a guy's misshapen anteater penis.

Your children are not your property. They may be given into your care, they may be your responsibility, but they aren't washing machines. You can't just do whatever you like to them. They're people. It does not grow back.

Screw "parental choice" - we ban FGM and rightfully so despite it being "parental choice". We wouldn't let it slide if you were cutting off pieces of ears (not just piercings). Most developed countries don't do this crap and they have a good reason to.

Also? Uncut penis is the normal, natural penis. Cut penis is the misshapen one by comparison. On what grounds could you possibly say otherwise?

Vashta Nerada wrote:Exactly. Prohibition was a failure, and banning circumcisions will be too. If a woman is willing to vet a back alley abortion for something as serious as a new child, then why wouldn't parents do the same for something as trivial as a circumcision?

Preference on circumcision, by women, who have no right to make the decision, is not going to be anywhere near as strong as preference on abortion.
Last edited by Ashkera on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
第五大黒森帝国
Practice. Virtue. Harmony. Prosperity.

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

Vashta Nerada
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:17 am

Dakini wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:Sounds like a personal opinion too me.

You made a fucking statement that women would not find uncircumcised penises attractive. That's your personal opinion from assumptions that you made about how women feel about penis attractiveness. As a woman who fucks dudes (well, just one at present), I pointed out that not all of us do care and that circumcision status is not a deciding factor in how attractive penises are.

Well I never claimed that my point was the ultimate end all on female opinion. Note how I say I doubt it, not that it was a fact. It was my opinion. You asserted an opinion as well. So chill out and move on. You don't get extra point for getting angry over the internet.
Last edited by Vashta Nerada on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:17 am

Ashkera wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:I'm for circumcisions. My kid doesn't have a choice? Too bad. When the kid is an adult, then they can complain about circumcisions and how horrible they are. Until they get a job, move out, or contribute to the household in some meaningful way, their rights are nil. Besides that, I don't care. Besides, I highly doubt there are many women out there who want to look at a guy's misshapen anteater penis.

Your children are not your property. They may be given into your care, they may be your responsibility, but they aren't washing machines. You can't just do whatever you like to them. They're people. It does not grow back.

Screw "parental choice" - we ban FGM and rightfully so despite it being "parental choice". We wouldn't let it slide if you were cutting off pieces of ears (not just piercings). Most developed countries don't do this crap and they have a good reason to.

Also? Uncut penis is the normal, natural penis. Cut penis is the misshapen one by comparison. On what grounds could you possibly say otherwise?

Thank you. I was very close to being irate reading what he said. :clap:
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:18 am

Jacobania wrote:
Dakini wrote:The attractiveness of penises is not determined by the presence of absence of foreskin.

Are there any sources or statistics you could provide that support this claim?

Here's an article about a study which indicates that by and large, people do not give a shit whether or not their sexual partner has foreskin.

edit to add: Also, I'm not even sure why some people decide this is a good reason to surgically alter themselves. If someone's acceptance of you depends on getting some surgery, you're probably better off excising them from your life.
Last edited by Dakini on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jacobania
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jacobania » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:19 am

Dakini wrote:
Jacobania wrote:
So these studies suspiciously not presented are biased?

Seems legit.

I didn't read the studies themselves, only abstracts at most. As far as I can tell, the entire difference in the rate of complications between infants and adults is that adults had the possibility to like how their uncircumcised penis looked before it was circumcised, but infants don't. However, it might be that adults are more likely to have other issues as well.

One of the issues I have not seen reported at all is a loss of nerve function which is greater in adults than infants, as Saiwania claims.

Again, no sources provided except Saiwania's claim, which, to my surprise,...

Saiwania wrote:The glans of the penis for a circumcised man is going to become keratinized from being exposed to the air and elements all the time, instead of not having that happen if they were uncircumcised. It can be argued that the difference in sensitivity is negligible, but uncircumcised men definitely have an edge in that metric.

Foreskin restoration doesn't bring back any nerves, but does reverse said keratinization process for a man who was circumcised for a while so that the head becomes more sensitive than before.

... has no source whatsoever.
There's no mania like Jacobania! :)

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 am

Vashta Nerada wrote: Besides, I highly doubt there are many women out there who want to look at a guy's misshapen anteater penis.

Considering that 60% of all male youth are uncircumcised, I'm pretty sure you have it the other way around.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 am

What kind of compensation are they allowed to demand as adults then ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Test208
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Test208 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 am

Vashta Nerada wrote:Exactly. Prohibition was a failure, and banning circumcisions will be too. If a woman is willing to vet a back alley abortion for something as serious as a new child, then why wouldn't parents do the same for something as trivial as a circumcision?

They can be tried to see whether it produced befit. If it did, they should receive a big reward. If not, they should be put to death for violating the law.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 am

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Dakini wrote:Several. I've seen attractive penises that are circumcised, ugly penises that are circumcised (including one that had a pretty bad looking scar from the procedure), attractive penises that are non-circumcised, unattractive penises that are non-circumcised. Foreskin doesn't really matter since that all retracts when a guy's hard anyway.

Sounds like a personal opinion too me.

So what was your statement about women not wanting to look at uncircumcised penises? You didn't provide a source or anything.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Vashta Nerada
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:21 am

Ashkera wrote:

Preference on circumcision, by women, who have no right to make the decision, is not going to be anywhere near as strong as preference on abortion.

Actually, they are under my supervision, medical and otherwise. So until the state says otherwise, bug off.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:22 am

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Dakini wrote:You made a fucking statement that women would not find uncircumcised penises attractive. That's your personal opinion from assumptions that you made about how women feel about penis attractiveness. As a woman who fucks dudes (well, just one at present), I pointed out that not all of us do care and that circumcision status is not a deciding factor in how attractive penises are.

Well I never claimed that my point was the ultimate end all on female opinion. Note how I say I doubt it, not that it was a fact. It was my opinion. You asserted an opinion as well. So chill out and move on. You don't get extra point for getting angry over the internet.

It's really funny that you, as a man, think you get to tell me, a woman, what women find attractive in men.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:22 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's not loss of nerve endings like you keep claiming.

It is by virtue of the fact that a foreskin has some nerve endings that a circumcised penis simply won't have. That is, unless the circumcision was done at an early age, then perhaps the circumcised man would have just as much sensitivity with the exception of their glans.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:23 am

Vashta Nerada wrote:Actually, they are under my supervision, medical and otherwise. So until the state says otherwise, bug off.

That already has limits. You are, for instance, not allowed to tattoo your kids with "Satan is my Lord" or pierce their nipples.
Why should cicrumcision be any different when not done for medical reasons ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:23 am

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Ashkera wrote:

Actually, they are under my supervision, medical and otherwise. So until the state says otherwise, bug off.

And according to 90 years of Constitutional law (if you're in the US), the Supreme Court backs that.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:23 am

Dakini wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:Well I never claimed that my point was the ultimate end all on female opinion. Note how I say I doubt it, not that it was a fact. It was my opinion. You asserted an opinion as well. So chill out and move on. You don't get extra point for getting angry over the internet.

It's really funny that you, as a man, think you get to tell me, a woman, what women find attractive in men.

Wait. He's a man? :shock:
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Vashta Nerada
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:24 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:Sounds like a personal opinion too me.

So what was your statement about women not wanting to look at uncircumcised penises? You didn't provide a source or anything.

No I didn't provide a source, because as I already mentioned, it was my personal opinion. The concept of having to watch a guy's anteater penis unsheth itself, revealing the cottage cheese bellow sounds horrible to me.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:24 am

Saiwania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's not loss of nerve endings like you keep claiming.

It is by virtue of the fact that a foreskin has some nerve endings that a circumcised penis simply won't have. That is, unless the circumcision was done at an early age, then perhaps the circumcised man would have just as much sensitivity with the exception of their glans.

Have you had sex? Are you circumcised or not? Can you attest to some loss of nerve ending in your case?
Slava Ukraini

Vashta Nerada
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:25 am

Gim wrote:
Dakini wrote:It's really funny that you, as a man, think you get to tell me, a woman, what women find attractive in men.

Wait. He's a man? :shock:

Dun dun dunnnnn!

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:25 am

Rock Lobsters wrote:I think I trust the CDC, and AAP more then a doctor on the Penn and Tellar show.

this. Don't really care about the Op's 'sources'.
<<Puppet of Adventus Secundus and Gratia Infinita>>

His Highness King Friedrich Sautter III
Crown Prince Martin Sautter
His Highness Prince Willhelm Duke of Falkbarsch.

IC population: 12 Million

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:25 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:Actually, they are under my supervision, medical and otherwise. So until the state says otherwise, bug off.

That already has limits. You are, for instance, not allowed to tattoo your kids with "Satan is my Lord" or pierce their nipples.
Why should cicrumcision be any different when not done for medical reasons ?

That is something that, honestly, I don't know how it should be approached. The state doesn't seem to be very keen on interfering with parents choosing medical treatments for their children.
Slava Ukraini

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:25 am

Jacobania wrote:
Dakini wrote:I didn't read the studies themselves, only abstracts at most. As far as I can tell, the entire difference in the rate of complications between infants and adults is that adults had the possibility to like how their uncircumcised penis looked before it was circumcised, but infants don't. However, it might be that adults are more likely to have other issues as well.

One of the issues I have not seen reported at all is a loss of nerve function which is greater in adults than infants, as Saiwania claims.

Again, no sources provided except Saiwania's claim, which, to my surprise,...

Saiwania wrote:The glans of the penis for a circumcised man is going to become keratinized from being exposed to the air and elements all the time, instead of not having that happen if they were uncircumcised. It can be argued that the difference in sensitivity is negligible, but uncircumcised men definitely have an edge in that metric.

Foreskin restoration doesn't bring back any nerves, but does reverse said keratinization process for a man who was circumcised for a while so that the head becomes more sensitive than before.

... has no source whatsoever.

Uh. Yes. My point was that I have not found any sources which indicate that nerve function was impeded more for adult circumcision than infant circumcision and that some of the "greater complications" for adults are trivial. Thank you for catching up to several pages ago.

I mean, you are aware that I was arguing against Saiwania, yes?
Last edited by Dakini on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Test208
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Test208 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:25 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Have you had sex? Are you circumcised or not? Can you attest to some loss of nerve ending in your case?

Someone already showed earlier in the thread that circumcision causes more infant deaths than things like penile cancer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General