NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates' Transgender Thread II

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:19 pm

I just don't understand why so many things for women are made of sheer fabrics. I kind of want to keep certain things hidden.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I was thinking the blood.

I've literally never had that problem. I've only cut myself once while shaving anywhere, and that was on my face, when I was dry shaving.

My rqazor sucks though
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:This. If you have a lot of hair, don't try to scrape it all off at once. Do it gradually, even if it takes an hour (you can do it in multiple segments if need be). Once you start to do it regularly, it's only a matter of shaving off the short hairs as they grow, like any other place you might shave. And yes, chances are you may cut yourself a few times, but it shouldn't hurt that much -- it's like a papercut. And if you have a million cuts, you're doing it wrong.

Maybe some hair removal cream could help, at least in taking off some of the bulk.
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:14 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:This. If you have a lot of hair, don't try to scrape it all off at once. Do it gradually, even if it takes an hour (you can do it in multiple segments if need be). Once you start to do it regularly, it's only a matter of shaving off the short hairs as they grow, like any other place you might shave. And yes, chances are you may cut yourself a few times, but it shouldn't hurt that much -- it's like a papercut. And if you have a million cuts, you're doing it wrong.

Maybe some hair removal cream could help, at least in taking off some of the bulk.

I don't have any
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I don't have any

Well, you can probably get some at some point.

If you can't, then clean your legs with soap and warm water. And like Gren said, just go by in sections. Try to shave up to your knees one day, try shaving your thighs the next. The first time around we shave, may take more than one try.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I don't have any

If you can't, then clean your legs with soap and warm water. And like Gren said, just go by in sections. Try to shave up to your knees one day, try shaving your thighs the next. The first time around we shave, may take more than one try.

I know I took it in sections the first time where I went to the line of my shorts a little above the knee and then later the same day went further up.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:55 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I know I took it in sections the first time where I went to the line of my shorts a little above the knee and then later the same day went further up.

Yeah, that's not an uncommon thing to do, especially if it's your first time/times shaving.
Slava Ukraini

Dyrrachium
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyrrachium » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Everyone seems to have problems with leg shaving...

is it weird that I use a men's facial razor to dry shave my legs?

I have a lot of hair normally and it just comes off if I go up then down?

I get prickly legs though and it stings for a few weeks.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Dyrrachium wrote:Everyone seems to have problems with leg shaving...

That's what I do
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:I know I took it in sections the first time where I went to the line of my shorts a little above the knee and then later the same day went further up.

Yeah, that's not an uncommon thing to do, especially if it's your first time/times shaving.

The hair growth rate also differs in different sections or so I've noticed.

No, I use a men's facial razor to cut swaths of the leg hair and that's how I do it. But my legs never really feel prickly or stinging for more than a couple days.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

No, I use a men's facial razor to cut swaths of the leg hair and that's how I do it. But my legs never really feel prickly or stinging for more than a couple days.

If they do might I suggest an electric one before using a regular one?
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yup. Hair growth is also dependent on how much hair the person has to begin with. One thing that I've noticed is that the more you shave, and the longer you do it, does affect hair appearance and even slows down growth.
Slava Ukraini

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:22 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:The hair growth rate also differs in different sections or so I've noticed.

If they do might I suggest an electric one before using a regular one?

I use the electric myself.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:The hair growth rate also differs in different sections or so I've noticed.

Yup. Hair growth is also dependent on how much hair the person has to begin with. One thing that I've noticed is that the more you shave, and the longer you do it, does affect hair appearance and even slows down growth.

Hair on my upper thigh seems to grow faster than on my chest or ankles for some reason.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm

I have a few questions. I was reading the article about trans allies last night and in it, one thing that was advised was that if you're not sure if the person you're addressing prefers gendered pronouns or gender neutral, that we should ask. That we shouldn't be afraid to ask, nor take it wrong if we're corrected because, after all, we're not transgender ourselves.

When it comes to pronouns, is it advisable to always ask or are there situations in which we shouldn't, or should we wait for the person to identify themselves? Or is this something that needs to be played by ear?
Slava Ukraini

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I have a few questions. I was reading the article about trans allies last night and in it, one thing that was advised was that if you're not sure if the person you're addressing prefers gendered pronouns or gender neutral, that we should ask. That we shouldn't be afraid to ask, nor take it wrong if we're corrected because, after all, we're not transgender ourselves.

When it comes to pronouns, is it advisable to always ask or are there situations in which we shouldn't, or should we wait for the person to identify themselves? Or is this something that needs to be played by ear?

I hesitate to do that, since I've asked before and got my head bitten off. If it was a one time thing I'd shrug it off but it's happened more then once. I'm not sure how to proceed about it anymore.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
Kitchen has food

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:51 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I have a few questions. I was reading the article about trans allies last night and in it, one thing that was advised was that if you're not sure if the person you're addressing prefers gendered pronouns or gender neutral, that we should ask. That we shouldn't be afraid to ask, nor take it wrong if we're corrected because, after all, we're not transgender ourselves.

I hesitate to do that, since I've asked before and got my head bitten off. If it was a one time thing I'd shrug it off but it's happened more then once. I'm not sure how to proceed about it anymore.

Well, I ask because I'm not sure how to proceed myself. I want to be more proactive as a trans ally.
Slava Ukraini

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Some will alert you to what they want. I'm pretty vocal about my desires for example.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Some will alert you to what they want. I'm pretty vocal about my desires for example.

So in essence, play it by ear.
Slava Ukraini

Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:29 pm

I honestly don't know. I feel like I'm living a double life right now, part as Jack and part as Shannon. Neither makes me totally uncomfortable but I do like being Shannon a heck of a lot more than Jack.
3dank5u
call me Shannon ^-^

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:30 pm

I would just ask if you're not sure. You don't necessarily have to ask every person you meet.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:I hesitate to do that, since I've asked before and got my head bitten off. If it was a one time thing I'd shrug it off but it's happened more then once. I'm not sure how to proceed about it anymore.

Well, I ask because I'm not sure how to proceed myself. I want to be more proactive as a trans ally.

I suspect I'm seen as the "outsider" so my presence is tolerated at best in the college's help group.
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Teehee~ Waiting for cuteness
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:

I would just ask if you're not sure. You don't necessarily have to ask every person you meet.

Ok, that seems like a good way to proceed.
Slava Ukraini

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:51 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:

Well, I'm just she. But I think I make that pretty obvious :P
Bailey Quinn, Nice ta meet ya! (Female Pronouns Please)
Also known as Harley
NS Stats are not used here.
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3
Normal is a setting on the dryer

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:I hesitate to do that, since I've asked before and got my head bitten off. If it was a one time thing I'd shrug it off but it's happened more then once. I'm not sure how to proceed about it anymore.

Well, I'm just she. But I think I make that pretty obvious :P

And no head biting was to be had on that day I asked! :lol:
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General