NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Everybody that matters likes this title

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Val Halla wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:
I loved that movie. It's great and anyone who says otherwise is on the list.

IDK. I mean, it's supposed to be a horror film but it doesn't really look like one

I'm wondering what it looked like to you, then.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:He may not be the president we need. He is the president we deserve.

Depressing but true.

Trump has not only identified the minority who is the source of all evil, he also offers permanent solutions. He is probably going to become the presidential candidate for the Republicans, because his xenophobia is music to the ears of any openly racist Tea Partier. And it's not as if the Republicans are going to be bothered by ethical concerns, because power is always better than human decency.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:It needed a pie fight. All the truly outstanding movies have a pie fight. Dr Strangelove had one, but they left it on the cutting room floor. :(

I prefer eating it

I love eating pie too. For me, there is a progression of my likelihood to eat or throw a pie. For example: I'm very likely to throw a blueberry, lemon meringue or pumpkin pie. I am very unlikely to throw a key lime, cherry or sweet potato pie.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Depressing but true.

Trump has not only identified the minority who is the source of all evil, he also offers permanent solutions. He is probably going to become the presidential candidate for the Republicans, because his xenophobia is music to the ears of any openly racist Tea Partier. And it's not as if the Republicans are going to be bothered by ethical concerns, because power is always better than human decency.

When the president says we is the master race...
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Italios wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:He may not be the president we need. He is the president we deserve.

:clap: Couldn't have said it better myself. The fake tan, crooked smile and trophy wife perfectly captures the American dream.

Don't forget the promise of genocide.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:48 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:Nobody's gonna break my stride!

*breaks Serby's stride like it ain't no thing*

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

Otoh, he isn't anti gay, and is pro abortion. He has flipped on gUn control. And the white house will have the best parties.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:49 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Val Halla wrote:IDK. I mean, it's supposed to be a horror film but it doesn't really look like one

I'm wondering what it looked like to you, then.

*Shrugs* I wasn't properly focusing

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I prefer eating it

I love eating pie too. For me, there is a progression of my likelihood to eat or throw a pie. For example: I'm very likely to throw a blueberry, lemon meringue or pumpkin pie. I am very unlikely to throw a key lime, cherry or sweet potato pie.

Get rid of the ones with asparagus.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I prefer eating it

Why would you throw a pumpkin pie? They are delicious.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

Oh, God. He is racism in human form. It's amazing how he has the support of 24% of Republican voters. Just because he has more money than Bitely and knows how to turn heads with his politically unacceptable rants does not mean he would make a good president.

I'd actually like to see a Putin-Trump talk if he's elected. Be worth his entire fortune.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:53 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

It's to scary away the spooky skellingtons.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Trump has not only identified the minority who is the source of all evil, he also offers permanent solutions. He is probably going to become the presidential candidate for the Republicans, because his xenophobia is music to the ears of any openly racist Tea Partier. And it's not as if the Republicans are going to be bothered by ethical concerns, because power is always better than human decency.

Otoh, he isn't anti gay, and is pro abortion. He has flipped on gUn control. And the white house will have the best parties.

The good stuff about him is totally overshadowed by the bad stuff. I agree with him on same-sex marriage and abortion but gun control and illegal immigrants.... He would single-handedly destroy America with that.... He thinks that it's "crazy people" who kill people, not the guns, even they would have a much, much harder time without a gun. Can you say logic? Guns for all!

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Gallade wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:
How could I be so wrong? Let's get matching tracksuits.

Help me stuff Charo into this handbag.

You mean fast yapping Spanish dog?

Italios wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Trump has not only identified the minority who is the source of all evil, he also offers permanent solutions. He is probably going to become the presidential candidate for the Republicans, because his xenophobia is music to the ears of any openly racist Tea Partier. And it's not as if the Republicans are going to be bothered by ethical concerns, because power is always better than human decency.

Oh, God. He is racism in human form. It's amazing how he has the support of 24% of Republican voters. Just because he has more money than Bitely and knows how to turn heads with his politically unacceptable rants does not mean he would make a good president.

I'd actually like to see a Putin-Trump talk if he's elected. Be worth his entire fortune.

Bitely has lots of money?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:55 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Meh. I'm not a fan. If it's ice-cold and served with whipped cream it's tolerable.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:57 pm

I've been looking forwards to watching the Bathurst 1000 this year (think the Daytona 500 for NASCAR) and I can't watch it because you can't watch it in NZ or Australia without paying money and all other streams are on dodgy websites with fucking malware and shit.

Fuck this is frustrating.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:57 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Gallade wrote:Help me stuff Charo into this handbag.

You mean fast yapping Spanish dog?

Italios wrote:Oh, God. He is racism in human form. It's amazing how he has the support of 24% of Republican voters. Just because he has more money than Bitely and knows how to turn heads with his politically unacceptable rants does not mean he would make a good president.

Yes. He bought his way with his WA proposal and region using campaign and recruitment TGs and now he bought ad space. Apparently even offered to buy NSG.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Italios wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Otoh, he isn't anti gay, and is pro abortion. He has flipped on gUn control. And the white house will have the best parties.

The good stuff about him is totally overshadowed by the bad stuff. I agree with him on same-sex marriage and abortion but gun control and illegal immigrants.... He would single-handedly destroy America with that.... He thinks that it's "crazy people" who kill people, not the guns, even they would have a much, much harder time without a gun. Can you say logic? Guns for all!

Gun control won't fix these crazies. China has stabbing and slashing sprees. Trump won't fix the mental health system, either. In other words, the cure for the spree shooting issues would have been no 2nd amendment in the first place.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Italios wrote:
Jute wrote:I don't think I could do this well, sorry

Pretty please? I'll give you some themes to work with?

Why do you think I would be so good at it?
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:I've been looking forwards to watching the Bathurst 1000 this year (think the Daytona 500 for NASCAR) and I can't watch it because you can't watch it in NZ or Australia without paying money and all other streams are on dodgy websites with fucking malware and shit.

Fuck this is frustrating.

Hmm. Do you get Eurosport or Motors TV? They might have it. Eurosport run the Le Mans 24 hours and Motors TV run V8 Supercars.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Italios wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:You mean fast yapping Spanish dog?

Yes. He bought his way with his WA proposal and region using campaign and recruitment TGs and now he bought ad space. Apparently even offered to buy NSG.

What the fuck? He wants to buy NS in it's full entirety or just General?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:02 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Blueberry ones, too...
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Italios wrote:Yes. He bought his way with his WA proposal and region using campaign and recruitment TGs and now he bought ad space. Apparently even offered to buy NSG.

Who cares? It's not going to happen.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Italios wrote:Yes. He bought his way with his WA proposal and region using campaign and recruitment TGs and now he bought ad space. Apparently even offered to buy NSG.

The former: viewtopic.php?p=26221767#p26221767

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:03 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:What the fuck? He wants to buy NS in it's full entirety or just General?

Who cares? It's not going to happen.

I'll buy it and make it all rainbowy.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Italios wrote:The good stuff about him is totally overshadowed by the bad stuff. I agree with him on same-sex marriage and abortion but gun control and illegal immigrants.... He would single-handedly destroy America with that.... He thinks that it's "crazy people" who kill people, not the guns, even they would have a much, much harder time without a gun. Can you say logic? Guns for all!

Gun control won't fix these crazies. China has stabbing and slashing sprees. Trump won't fix the mental health system, either. In other words, the cure for the spree shooting issues would have been no 2nd amendment in the first place.

Gun Control will fix these shooting sprees. They wouldn't be abLe to do them without one. Each to his own, however. And yes the mental health and health system in general needs help too.
Jute wrote:
Italios wrote:Pretty please? I'll give you some themes to work with?

Why do you think I would be so good at it?

I just want to see you do it, that's all :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General