NATION

PASSWORD

Remember Abu Zubaida? The Al-Qaeda "# 3" ?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aryavartha
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Remember Abu Zubaida? The Al-Qaeda "# 3" ?

Postby Aryavartha » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Chumblywumbly wrote:Um... are you suggesting that the death, injury and displacement happening in Swat and other areas in Pakistan is nothing but 'drama'?

Yes. I certainly think that "give us money....the taliban is 120 Kms away...give us money...the taliban is 100 Kms away" argument made by the Pak establishment is certainly a blackmailing tactics. Billions are given now...and you are seeing some action.

Tanks will roll into towns, shelling will be done, many poor civilian folks will die, a few fighters will die, vast majority will just melt away, maybe a big guy who fell out of favor will be a prize catch, and victory will be declared and money pocketed.

Taliban will still be there.

It simply will not go away until you do away with Pak army.

I feel sorry about the suffering of people there...like I feel about suffering people anywhere. Can't do much about it though. Any donations will only be routed to jihad.

Aryavartha
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Aryavartha » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:Ignoring your usual casual racism,

Well......nothing. It's better not to waste time on you.

And you too Gauthier.

Thought you would have coined some fancy clever phrases by now with your !@1113 and 33LL3s...guess not.

Non Aligned States
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Non Aligned States » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 am

Aryavartha wrote:Yes. I certainly think that "give us money....the taliban is 120 Kms away...give us money...the taliban is 100 Kms away" argument made by the Pak establishment is certainly a blackmailing tactics. Billions are given now...and you are seeing some action.

I wonder what would happen if they called the bluff, and simply said "If the government of Pakistan is toppled by the Taliban, then Pakistan is no longer in an allied nation. Bombing starts in five minutes, your reactors and missiles first."

I imagine the Indian nationalists would be more than happy to jump in with both feet if the nuclear deterrence factor was removed.

Chumblywumbly
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Chumblywumbly » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:09 am

Aryavartha wrote:Taliban will still be there.

It simply will not go away until you do away with Pak army.

And what... 'do away' with Pakistan itself?

I feel sorry about the suffering of people there...like I feel about suffering people anywhere. Can't do much about it though. Any donations will only be routed to jihad.

Because all charities/NGOs are under the sway of the Taliban?
I suffer, I labour, I dream, I enjoy, I think; and, in a word, when my last hour strikes, I shall have lived.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:28 am

Brogavia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Brogavia wrote:He's making shit up to hurt the US.

Yep. He must've forged those CIA documents saying they were mistaken about him. :p

Even if he wasn't number 3, he's still part of Al-Qaeda, and should be given the most painful death possible.

Nobody deserves a painful death except maybe people tho think people deserve painful deaths.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Aryavartha wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:Ignoring your usual casual racism,

Well......nothing. It's better not to waste time on you.

Uh huh. What could have been a worthwhile discussion - about the torture, the misinformation, the way a war was made and fought... turned into you bashing Pakistan. Again. I don't think I've ever seen you go a whole thread WITHOUT bashing Pakistan. And it's boring. It's casual racism, and I'm not indulging it.
I identify as
a problem

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:36 pm

SaintB wrote:Nobody deserves a painful death except maybe people tho think people deserve painful deaths.

But that would make YOU one of them! :eyebrow:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:38 pm

SaintB wrote:
Brogavia wrote:
Even if he wasn't number 3, he's still part of Al-Qaeda, and should be given the most painful death possible.

Nobody deserves a painful death except maybe people tho think people deserve painful deaths.

Or members of Al-Qaeda.
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Brogavia wrote:Or members of Al-Qaeda.

Fortunately the person being discussed (Abu Zubaida) isn't a member of al-Qaeda.
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General