NATION

PASSWORD

Texas secessionists launch petition drive

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:52 pm

Benuty wrote:
Deuxtete wrote:Lol I lived at alter road and Jefferson avenue, drove up lakeshore drive everyday to work...nice bit of fake news there.

Grosse point is one of the wealthiest zipcodes in the nation...and its microscopic. There were no fucking road blocks...you fucking people will make up anything, then contrive it into "suburbs" as if inkster, Dearborn, Southfield, oakpark, ecorse, wyandotte, mount Clemens, warren, were all the exact same as Grosse point which is barely the size of a neighborhood.
While you're indicting them, then count their violent crime rate for all suburbs too, since you're not really concerned with facts.

All of which is hardly relevant since you by all accounts don't exist outside my perceived imagination. For all I know someone could be simulating me simulating you among this simulated forum amongst this simulated world. Either way the horrors of existence burden your shattered consciousness to to the hereafter, and please do say goodbye to Hal 9000 for me. I have had such a lovely time, but October 23rd, 2077 has come, and your time is up for the Chinese are coming.

Also congratulations on searching my entire history to determine that generalized statement since you are a simulation it is to be expected of you.

Great, then we agree.
You claim only working class whites can be racist, and you're not smart enough to look at a map to test the veracity of an absurd story from an absurd source like theguardian.
If I ****** you, you unequivocally deserve to be *********.
Ifreann is my favorite poster. Ben Carson for President
Telegram me to suggest or offer your opinion on internet media sources, npr is my primary news but on the internet I'm not always sure who is trust worthy.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Benuty wrote:Though it could break up into five different states if permitted.

...that would be awesome.

There'd be so much infighting over who gets to keep then name Texas that the rest of the world wouldn't hear a peep from them for decades...

Depends some of them might be smart enough to realize they are being played with.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:55 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:Then we'll cut resources and starve them out.

Hold up. Isn't that very hypocritical?

Your sovereignty is important, but not theirs?

This suggests this really isn't about freedom, but something else...
第五大黒森帝国
Practice. Virtue. Harmony. Prosperity.

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:56 pm

The last time Texas tried to secede, it didn't end well for them. This petition will achieve nothing.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Ashkera wrote:
American Imperial Union wrote:Then we'll cut resources and starve them out.

Hold up. Isn't that very hypocritical?

Your sovereignty is important, but not theirs?

This suggests this really isn't about freedom, but something else...

Well it does make their position even less supportable.

At least in the case of Somaliland the central government has the power, but often refuses to use it leaving certain areas to deal with problems themselves. The Somaliland being one of the more successful ones is seeking independence though, and not many people want that for some reason. I mean the government isn't on the verge of collapsing into an anocracy so what is the big deal?
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Why do so many people seem to think threatening the US with nukes would be effective?

It seems to me like one of the least effective things the secessionists could do because it proves they are going to be a bad neighbor if we let them go.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:00 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:The last time Texas tried to secede, it didn't end well for them. This petition will achieve nothing.

At least it makes more sense than the California sub-nationalism one.

Which basically would revert California to the same status as Puerto Rico.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:01 pm

Not this shit again....
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:01 pm

USS Monitor wrote:Why do so many people seem to think threatening the US with nukes would be effective?

It seems to me like one of the least effective things the secessionists could do because it proves they are going to be a bad neighbor if we let them go.

Do you mean on this thread or in general? Because I feel like it's just one guy here, at least.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Get off your high horse.

It's more of a high pony, really.

Ifreann wrote:Farn be locking threads like they were bridges.
Ifreann wrote:Political correctness needs to go further, because the tears of people crying over being called on their bullshit fuel my time machine.

Quintium wrote:Just another symptom of self-hatred in Western Europe and North America. Don't worry, it'll all end in war. But for the moment, try not to be too white if you don't want to be discriminated against.

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Not really. The Predator wouldn't bother fighting a baby.

It would if it had a sharp stick

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭
(ᓘᒃ 3:23–38)
1ᒪᓯᓇᐃᑲᓐ ᐃᑕ ᐁ ᐎᑖᑲᓂᐗᓂᓕᒃ ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑖᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭, ᑌᐱᑦ ᐅᑯᓯᓴ, ᐁᑉᕃᐋᒻ ᐅᑯᓯᓴ᙮

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:01 pm

USS Monitor wrote:Why do so many people seem to think threatening the US with nukes would be effective?

I suppose it could be an attempt to replicate the big stick policy?

In this situation it isn't a stick they are swinging though.

Ruridova
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruridova » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:
Ruridova wrote:I live in Texas. Specifically, I live in Dallas. The stereotype of Texan is backward far-rightist red dog Republican "fuck the gubmint" conspiracy theorist with a small arsenal and a minimal vocabulary. That stereotype has some basis in the rural areas of the state, but it doesn't apply whatsoever to the leftist areas of the state.

Leftists in Texas, you say? Yes, we exist. We live in the cities- Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, El Paso, and the like. Minority populations here- blacks and Hispanics predominantly, but there's an increasingly large immigrant community from East Asia, the Middle East, and Africa- often vote leftist as well, generally because of the attitudes that some Texas rightists have towards people who aren't white Anglo-Saxon Protestants.

While there may be support for secession in rural areas, I haven't seen a trace of it in Texas' major urban centers. A war of secession would ruin the Texas economy and would place leftists in an overwhelmingly rightist self-declared nation. There's no way that urban Texans would tolerate that situation. Trust me- I am one, I live among them, I interact with them everyday. We make jokes about the concept of Texas seceding; it's a joke proposal to us, not a serious thing we might support or tolerate. It's almost guaranteed that cities and urban counties would remain loyal to the United States because secession offers us nothing. And trust me, the entire population of all of Texas' major population centers aren't going to just pack up and leave. It's just not happening. Texan cities would remain within the United States, and we wouldn't give it a second thought.

Then we'll cut resources and starve them out.

Yeah, like you'll have enough people or resources to start or maintain any sort of siege situation.

The population of Texas is 26,956,958. The Austin metropolitan area has a population of 2,222,416; the Houston metropolitan area has a population of 6,371,677; the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex has a population of 6,817,483; Greater San Antonio has a population of 2,328,652; El Paso's metropolitan area has a population of 1,045,180. That comes out to 18,785,408, which is a definite majority of the Texan population- even if every rural Texan comes out in support of secession, we still outnumber them. It's pretty hard to besiege a city when there are more people inside than outside.

Besides, what is rural Texas without the urban areas? You're farmland and oil wells, and yeah that's something, but we're the railway hubs that send your produce to market and we're the oil refineries that ship your oil abroad. The Texan government is based in an urban center. We are the most populated areas of the state. We are its financial markets. We are its industrial and white collar industry. We have the military and National Guard arsenals. You have nothing aside from a few hunting rifles against us- and if we stay loyal to the States, then we won't be utterly obliterated by the US military should secessionists try anything stupid.

This is all ignoring the fact that the secessionists would also be under attack from the better-trained, better-equipped, and better-supplied United States military, meaning that you couldn't devote anywhere near all of your resources to besieging major cities. Chances are you'd be annihilated before the supermarket shelves started to look a little bare.
Last edited by Ruridova on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Республіка Рюрідова - Королівство Вілкія
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me... Truly, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me."
- the Gospel of Matthew, 25:35-40

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:Not this shit again....

They will die down before bubbling up again. That nonsense with Jade Helm really got them on fire again though which seems even dumber than typical reasons for secession.

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:03 pm

I wonder what Big Jim P would have to say about all this...
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Ifreann wrote:Political correctness needs to go further, because the tears of people crying over being called on their bullshit fuel my time machine.

Quintium wrote:Just another symptom of self-hatred in Western Europe and North America. Don't worry, it'll all end in war. But for the moment, try not to be too white if you don't want to be discriminated against.

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:04 pm

New Ogunquit wrote:I wonder what Big Jim P would have to say about all this...

Probably blame New York, and something about making sure the 2nd Amendment is still intact.

Oh, and bring that nice friend of theirs Anton Levay over too.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Sam Houston would be so utterly disappointed if they were alive today at the things that pass as independence movements.
Last edited by Benuty on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Benuty wrote:
New Ogunquit wrote:I wonder what Big Jim P would have to say about all this...

Probably blame New York, and something about making sure the 2nd Amendment is still intact.

Oh, and bring that nice friend of theirs Anton Levay over too.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I still wonder what it would be like if we just kicked Texas out, though...
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Benuty wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Eh, I know that Texas didn't last economically when they were independent before... but I actually think they would survive if (and that's a HUGE if]) succession ever did happen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas#Economy

People don't realize that Texas actually has a very strong economy that, yes while dependent on other states, could absorb quite the shock. Doesn't hurt that Texas is currently building its' own state-owned gold warehouse to protect itself economically. They won't be an economic powerhouse by any means, but I suspect they'll survive.

Congratulations on your 666th post by the way.

Lol, thank you.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Seleucas
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Seleucas » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:08 pm

I went ahead and signed it.
Like an unscrupulous boyfriend, Obama lies about pulling out after fucking you.
-Tokyoni

The State never intentionally confronts a man's sense, intellectual or moral, but only his body, his senses. It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced.
- Henry David Thoreau

Oh please. Those people should grow up. The South will NOT rise again.

The Union will instead, fall.
-Distruzio

Dealing with a banking crisis was difficult enough, but at least there were public-sector balance sheets on to which the problems could be moved. Once you move into sovereign debt, there is no answer; there’s no backstop.
-Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England

Right: 10.00
Libertarian: 9.9
Non-interventionist: 10
Cultural Liberal: 6.83

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Texas legally cannot secede.

Sure they can, both Texas and Congress would have to approve it
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:10 pm

For me personally, it has less to do with Texas or even secession.

It's more of a rabid distaste and anger at what I percieve as liberal attempts to force their ideology down our throats through the federal government.

That's also why im so quick to suggest starving out cities or using nuclear weapons. A strike back, if you will, at the liberals who have been so effective in their efforts in the judiciary and legislative branches.

I feel no move can be immoral, no move too extreme in order to strike back. To put the liberal efforts in this country back and create a revolutionary situation where all the efforts of the liberals are defeated and all their "progress" completely erased, and those who have supported it dealt with.

Secession would be a great opportunity to create a conservative nation, so that both sides can have their little utopias and be left to their own designs. Of course there's an element of defiance. Id rather live in an independent Texas than spend more time than I must in a country I must share with the liberal ideology.
Last edited by American Imperial Union on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment
Click here to open an Embassy in our capitol!

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Seleucas wrote:I went ahead and signed it.

You've earned my respect, internet stranger.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Polar Svalbard wrote:Texas legally cannot secede.

Sure they can, both Texas and Congress would have to approve it

Like I said before, the Democrats probably wouldn't mind voting away such a staunch Republican bastion. There's most of your votes right there. :)
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:12 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:For me personally, it has less to do with Texas or even secession.

It's more of a rabid distaste and anger at what I perciece as liberal attempts to force their ideology down our throats through the federal government.

That's also why im so quick to suggest starving out cities or using nuclear weapons. A strike back, if you will, at the liberals who have been so effective in their efforts in the judiciary and legislative branches.

I feel no move can be immoral, no move too extreme in order to strike back. To put the liberal efforts in this country back and create a revolutionary situation where all the efforts of the liberals are defeated and all their "progress" completely erased, and those who have supported it dealt with.

Secession would be a great opportunity to create a conservative nation, so that both sides can have their little utopias and be left to their own designs. Of course there's an element of defiance. Id rather live in an independent Texas than spend more time than I must in a country I must share with the liberal ideology.

I knew these were your real opinions!
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:13 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:For me personally, it has less to do with Texas or even secession.

It's more of a rabid distaste and anger at what I percieve as liberal attempts to force their ideology down our throats through the federal government.

"HEY GUYS! GAYS CANT GET MARRIED! NIGGERS CAN BE OUR WORD AGAIN! JIM CROW WILL BE IN PLACE! SEGREGATION!? YOU BET YER ASS! AND WOMEN CANT VOTE!"
Last edited by The balkens on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:13 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/texas-secessionists-launch-petition-drive-vote-break-away-012823002.html

Think of that! What is they actually manage it?

Supreme Court ruling about gay marriage nullified.

Texas has nuclear weapons in its territory. Would Texan soldiers in the federal army defect?

Can the rest of the south go with it? At least Oklahoma?

Libertarian paradise, or conservative utopia?

I know I would be moving.

1. Its not realistic. Texas won't go for it. And if they did, the Federal government wouldn't permit it. Texas having nuclear weapons would only mean that the Civil War MK II might be a nuclear war, which would end in either global ruin or China or Russia taking America's place as the dominant superpower if they were smart enough to stay out of it.

2. If US soldiers defected to such a state, they would be betraying their country, their oaths, and their duty.

2. That you would support this for the sake of basically recreating the Confederacy and taking marriage away from gay people is despicable. You dare to display an American flag while seeking to secede from and tear apart the US for the sake of your prejudice. Do you have no shame for your hypocrisy?

3. Such as state would be about as far from utopia or paradise as it gets. It would be a fucking theocracy with nuclear weapons. But maybe that's your idea of paradise. If so, I am sincerely glad you have no political power.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General