NATION

PASSWORD

Texas secessionists launch petition drive

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:31 pm

Isn't this the same State of Texas that cracked down on a bunch of secessionists clowns calling itself The Republic of Texas?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:31 pm

Ifreann wrote:
New Ogunquit wrote:Congress won't. And you'd have to be out of your mind to even consider using one on the same continent as yourself.

Especially against another nuclear power.

Don't worry the Yellowstone Super Volcano will kill everyone anyway.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Lauranienne wrote:
American Imperial Union wrote:
Not if Congress consents.

Oh, and nukes.

Which they don't control nor have access to the launch codes

I thought launch codes were just to confirm the legitimacy of the order, not permit the actual use of said weapons. Besides, do bombs themselves on airforce facilities have that protection? Nothing enhanced interrogation techniques can't handle. And just the threat of nukes might make the feds think twice.

Would the feds launch a retaliatory strike against what they consider their own territory? Not helping their argument or winning any friends. And we've tested nukes in America before, we didn't turn into a wasteland.

Not all nukes are tsar Bomba
Last edited by American Imperial Union on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment
Click here to open an Embassy in our capitol!

Lauranienne
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lauranienne » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Lauranienne wrote:

I thought launch codes were just to confirm the legitimacy of the order, not permit the actual use of said weapons. Besides, do bombs themselves on airforce facilities have that protection? Nothing enhanced interrogation techniques can't handle. And just the threat of nukes might make the feds think twice.

Only the president of the US has the launch codes, and the launch codes are the only way to gain the ability to fire the nukes
Last edited by Lauranienne on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Lauranienne wrote:

Try getting launch orders then.

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Benuty wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Especially against another nuclear power.

Don't worry the Yellowstone Super Volcano will kill everyone anyway.

That's the spirit!
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Get off your high horse.

It's more of a high pony, really.

Ifreann wrote:Farn be locking threads like they were bridges.
Ifreann wrote:Political correctness needs to go further, because the tears of people crying over being called on their bullshit fuel my time machine.

Quintium wrote:Just another symptom of self-hatred in Western Europe and North America. Don't worry, it'll all end in war. But for the moment, try not to be too white if you don't want to be discriminated against.

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Not really. The Predator wouldn't bother fighting a baby.

It would if it had a sharp stick

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭
(ᓘᒃ 3:23–38)
1ᒪᓯᓇᐃᑲᓐ ᐃᑕ ᐁ ᐎᑖᑲᓂᐗᓂᓕᒃ ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑖᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭, ᑌᐱᑦ ᐅᑯᓯᓴ, ᐁᑉᕃᐋᒻ ᐅᑯᓯᓴ᙮

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Lauranienne wrote:

Ah yes the lives of millions coming to an instantly horrifying conclusion, and millions more dying of radiation, burns, and other horrible maladies. Say hello to Winston Churchill for me since I plan on being underground.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm

Benuty wrote:
Deuxtete wrote:Hmmm being a native Detroiter I don't recall roadblocks ...I'm betting you don't either.

Because maybe they didn't want residents from the motor city coming into their neighborhood?

From possibly the flimsiest of reasons ever.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... sse-pointe

Lol I lived at alter road and Jefferson avenue, drove up lakeshore drive everyday to work...nice bit of fake news there.

Grosse point is one of the wealthiest zipcodes in the nation...and its microscopic. There were no fucking road blocks...you fucking people will make up anything, then contrive it into "suburbs" as if inkster, Dearborn, Southfield, oakpark, ecorse, wyandotte, mount Clemens, warren, were all the exact same as Grosse point which is barely the size of a neighborhood.
While you're indicting them, then count their violent crime rate for all suburbs too, since you're not really concerned with facts.
If I ****** you, you unequivocally deserve to be *********.
Ifreann is my favorite poster. Ben Carson for President
Telegram me to suggest or offer your opinion on internet media sources, npr is my primary news but on the internet I'm not always sure who is trust worthy.

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Texas legally cannot secede.

*sigh*Everywhere in the world anytime there is a succession movement someone has to say "But they can not into legal leavings!" Oh well? Like whether it's legal or not really isn't going to stop someone. The American Civil War and the American Revolution both were illegal. The Baltics were illegal. Any number of moments in history have illegal successions. Of course it's going to be illegal! What else would it be? What nation would have it that any territory could secede at their leisure? Examples like former British possessions were done either through outside pressure, a referendum, or looong winded political movements.

So no kidding it would be illegal, but who cares? It's a question of will they or won't they not of are they allowed to? Actually kind of like "Who will stop me" as opposed to "Who will let me?". The answer here is the rest of the states, but the fact that Texas has nukes all they need to do is get a hold of them and threaten retaliation. Big bada boom they succeed.

Now if that doesn't occur you can be sure they would be pounded back into submission but it will likely take a long time and even if successful the way current politics work there certainly won't be a reconstruction era for this war. Creating tensions for years to come. Might even end up being the Americans' version of Chechnya. In any of these cases I can't see a good outcome only less crappy ones.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:37 pm

Benuty wrote:

Ah yes the lives of millions coming to an instantly horrifying conclusion, and millions more dying of radiation, burns, and other horrible maladies. Say hello to Winston Churchill for me since I plan on being underground.

The feds arent stupid enough to instigate nuclear war or risk it by invading the Republic of Texas. And you don't need orders if you seize the nuclear weapons themselves.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:38 pm

Benuty wrote:Ah yes the lives of millions coming to an instantly horrifying conclusion, and millions more dying of radiation, burns, and other horrible maladies. Say hello to Winston Churchill for me since I plan on being underground.

The feds arent stupid enough to instigate nuclear war or risk it by invading the Republic of Texas. And you don't need orders if you seize the nuclear weapons themselves.

No risk in invading something that doesnt exist.

Lauranienne
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lauranienne » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:39 pm

Benuty wrote:Ah yes the lives of millions coming to an instantly horrifying conclusion, and millions more dying of radiation, burns, and other horrible maladies. Say hello to Winston Churchill for me since I plan on being underground.

If you seize the weapons, congratulations! You know have no way to fire them, so you win a missile of deadly material that you can't even use!

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:40 pm

1) It hasn't even done that yet, get over yourself it's not its own Republic.
2) Texas is a backwards state, but I'm pretty sure they're smart enough not to use nuclear weapons either.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Ifreann wrote:Political correctness needs to go further, because the tears of people crying over being called on their bullshit fuel my time machine.

Quintium wrote:Just another symptom of self-hatred in Western Europe and North America. Don't worry, it'll all end in war. But for the moment, try not to be too white if you don't want to be discriminated against.

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Deuxtete wrote:
Benuty wrote:Because maybe they didn't want residents from the motor city coming into their neighborhood?

From possibly the flimsiest of reasons ever.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... sse-pointe

Lol I lived at alter road and Jefferson avenue, drove up lakeshore drive everyday to work...nice bit of fake news there.

Grosse point is one of the wealthiest zipcodes in the nation...and its microscopic. There were no fucking road blocks...you fucking people will make up anything, then contrive it into "suburbs" as if inkster, Dearborn, Southfield, oakpark, ecorse, wyandotte, mount Clemens, warren, were all the exact same as Grosse point which is barely the size of a neighborhood.
While you're indicting them, then count their violent crime rate for all suburbs too, since you're not really concerned with facts.

All of which is hardly relevant since you by all accounts don't exist outside my perceived imagination. For all I know someone could be simulating me simulating you among this simulated forum amongst this simulated world. Either way the horrors of existence burden your shattered consciousness to to the hereafter, and please do say goodbye to Hal 9000 for me. I have had such a lovely time, but October 23rd, 2077 has come, and your time is up for the Chinese are coming.

Also congratulations on searching my entire history to determine that generalized statement since you are a simulation it is to be expected of you.
Last edited by Benuty on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruridova
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruridova » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:Will cities secede from Texas?

Doubtful, considering they are surrounded by Texas. Making it rather unpracticable. Requiring Texas for all their resources, and those resources not locally acquired would have to pass through Texas. It's far more likely that those opposed to secession will just pack up and move. Just like the loyalists after the revolution.

I live in Texas. Specifically, I live in Dallas. The stereotype of Texan is backward far-rightist red dog Republican "fuck the gubmint" conspiracy theorist with a small arsenal and a minimal vocabulary. That stereotype has some basis in the rural areas of the state, but it doesn't apply whatsoever to the leftist areas of the state.

Leftists in Texas, you say? Yes, we exist. We live in the cities- Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, El Paso, and the like. Minority populations here- blacks and Hispanics predominantly, but there's an increasingly large immigrant community from East Asia, the Middle East, and Africa- often vote leftist as well, generally because of the attitudes that some Texas rightists have towards people who aren't white Anglo-Saxon Protestants.

While there may be support for secession in rural areas, I haven't seen a trace of it in Texas' major urban centers. A war of secession would ruin the Texas economy and would place leftists in an overwhelmingly rightist self-declared nation. There's no way that urban Texans would tolerate that situation. Trust me- I am one, I live among them, I interact with them everyday. We make jokes about the concept of Texas seceding; it's a joke proposal to us, not a serious thing we might support or tolerate. It's almost guaranteed that cities and urban counties would remain loyal to the United States because secession offers us nothing. And trust me, the entire population of all of Texas' major population centers aren't going to just pack up and leave. It's just not happening. Texan cities would remain within the United States, and we wouldn't give it a second thought.
Республіка Рюрідова - Королівство Вілкія
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me... Truly, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me."
- the Gospel of Matthew, 25:35-40

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Ruridova wrote:
American Imperial Union wrote:Will cities secede from Texas?

Doubtful, considering they are surrounded by Texas. Making it rather unpracticable. Requiring Texas for all their resources, and those resources not locally acquired would have to pass through Texas. It's far more likely that those opposed to secession will just pack up and move. Just like the loyalists after the revolution.

I live in Texas. Specifically, I live in Dallas. The stereotype of Texan is backward far-rightist red dog Republican "fuck the gubmint" conspiracy theorist with a small arsenal and a minimal vocabulary. That stereotype has some basis in the rural areas of the state, but it doesn't apply whatsoever to the leftist areas of the state.

Leftists in Texas, you say? Yes, we exist. We live in the cities- Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, El Paso, and the like. Minority populations here- blacks and Hispanics predominantly, but there's an increasingly large immigrant community from East Asia, the Middle East, and Africa- often vote leftist as well, generally because of the attitudes that some Texas rightists have towards people who aren't white Anglo-Saxon Protestants.

While there may be support for secession in rural areas, I haven't seen a trace of it in Texas' major urban centers. A war of secession would ruin the Texas economy and would place leftists in an overwhelmingly rightist self-declared nation. There's no way that urban Texans would tolerate that situation. Trust me- I am one, I live among them, I interact with them everyday. We make jokes about the concept of Texas seceding; it's a joke proposal to us, not a serious thing we might support or tolerate. It's almost guaranteed that cities and urban counties would remain loyal to the United States because secession offers us nothing. And trust me, the entire population of all of Texas' major population centers aren't going to just pack up and leave. It's just not happening. Texan cities would remain within the United States, and we wouldn't give it a second thought.

Then we'll cut resources and starve them out.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

Lauranienne
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lauranienne » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Ruridova wrote:I live in Texas. Specifically, I live in Dallas. The stereotype of Texan is backward far-rightist red dog Republican "fuck the gubmint" conspiracy theorist with a small arsenal and a minimal vocabulary. That stereotype has some basis in the rural areas of the state, but it doesn't apply whatsoever to the leftist areas of the state.

I'm pretty sure the US would just do a Dallas version of the Berlin Airlift, of course it wouldn't be necessary as the US military would rip your one apart in days
Last edited by Lauranienne on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Ruridova wrote:I live in Texas. Specifically, I live in Dallas. The stereotype of Texan is backward far-rightist red dog Republican "fuck the gubmint" conspiracy theorist with a small arsenal and a minimal vocabulary. That stereotype has some basis in the rural areas of the state, but it doesn't apply whatsoever to the leftist areas of the state.

Someone mentioned Texas getting a private gold stockpile, but I recall gold failing for a certain American country once apon a time.
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

You know the Germans tried that at Leningrad, and it was morally abhorrent. So why try to repeat history?
Last edited by Benuty on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm

So the minority, will withstand attacks from the majority? You know the ones that have the majority population, military, and money. The US can Airlift supplies, or will bust right through whatever halfassed blockade a bunch of overglorified rednecks can construct
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm

Lauranienne wrote:

I'm pretty sure the US would just do a Dallas version of the Berlin Airlift

Probably considering an American city starving doesn't look good to the public.

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Benuty wrote:

You know the Germans tried that at Leningrad, and it was morally questionable. So why try to repeat history?

Because Texas will then annex the south, Midwest, and Alaska, finally forming the republic of Jesusland.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:50 pm

New Ogunquit wrote:
Benuty wrote:You know the Germans tried that at Leningrad, and it was morally questionable. So why try to repeat history?

Because Texas will then annex the south, Midwest, and Alaska, finally forming the republic of Jesusland.

That map has changed a lot since it was made though.

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Benuty wrote:
New Ogunquit wrote:Because Texas will then annex the south, Midwest, and Alaska, finally forming the republic of Jesusland.

That map has changed a lot since it was made though.

Sarah Palin will be prime minister for life.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:52 pm

New Ogunquit wrote:
Benuty wrote:That map has changed a lot since it was made though.

Sarah Palin will be prime minister for life.

Not if the wildlife have anything to say about it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General