NATION

PASSWORD

Texas secessionists launch petition drive

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 133411
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:08 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:
North Arkana wrote:We've already thoroughly dismantled AIU's (lack of) logic and arguments, like those nukes are in Texas. He just keeps bringing them back up cus he needs to keep this thread alive to try to find fellow rebels to join his holy crusade.


I disagree. I'm not the only one arguing for its possibility.

The only ones lacking argument or logic are those dismissing the talk as impossible or simply dismissing their opponents as traitors. You think the United states would risk war with a nuclear power like Russia, over the supplying of rebels?

It seems some appear to live in a fantasy world where the United states is invulnerable to successful rebellion or secession

You've yet to provide any realistic scenario in which Texas would be able to get into the positions you describe. You're making nonsense assumption after nonsense assumption so Texas can point nukes at the US, and possibly even use them, to secure its independence. Of course we're dismissing it.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
North Arkana
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8818
Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby North Arkana » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:09 pm

European Socialist Republic wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Missiles on Cuba? Sounds like something of a crisis...

Are we going to reenact the invasion of the Bay of Pigs?

Nah, we'd just wave some money in front of Castro's face, he'd realize what's at risk if he helps the rebels, and turn away the shipments. Cuba already helps us with the illegal drug shipments.
"I don't know everything, just the things I know" Class N14: Tier 4, Type III, Superpower (Usually)
We Do Not Use NS Stats, Link Contains RP Stats
Progressivism 75
Socialism 56.25
Tenderness 40.625
You are an open-minded progressive; a profile associated with a journalist. You are skeptical towards religion, and have a balanced attitude towards humanity.
Your attitudes towards economics appear neither capitalist nor socialist, someone who would be described as a liberal.
You appear to be, a sensible realistic egalitarian with few strong convictions.
/人 ‿‿ 人\ Just sign on the dotted line please...

User avatar
Mefpan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5872
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mefpan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:
North Arkana wrote:We've already thoroughly dismantled AIU's (lack of) logic and arguments, like those nukes are in Texas. He just keeps bringing them back up cus he needs to keep this thread alive to try to find fellow rebels to join his holy crusade.


I disagree. I'm not the only one arguing for its possibility.

The only ones lacking argument or logic are those dismissing the talk as impossible or simply dismissing their opponents as traitors. You think the United states would risk war with a nuclear power like Russia, over the supplying of rebels?

It seems some appear to live in a fantasy world where the United states is invulnerable to successful rebellion or secession

There are not enough batshit insane lunatics in Texas to form an army that would be willing to get shot at in the name of defending the "sanctity of marriage" and all that bullshit.

...and must I point out that you're assuming Russia to be batshit enough to risk nuclear war with America while at the same time insisting America wouldn't play global thermonuclear chicken with Putin over an outright violation of American territorial integrity?
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you want to play a game of chess?
NationStates' umpteenth dirty ex-leftist class traitor.
I left the Left when it turned Right. Now I'm going back to the Right because it's all that's Left.
Yeah, Screw Realism!
Loyal Planet of Mankind

User avatar
European Socialist Republic
Senator
 
Posts: 4844
Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby European Socialist Republic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:
North Arkana wrote:We've already thoroughly dismantled AIU's (lack of) logic and arguments, like those nukes are in Texas. He just keeps bringing them back up cus he needs to keep this thread alive to try to find fellow rebels to join his holy crusade.


I disagree. I'm not the only one arguing for its possibility.

The only ones lacking argument or logic are those dismissing the talk as impossible or simply dismissing their opponents as traitors. You think the United states would risk war with a nuclear power like Russia, over the supplying of rebels?

It seems some appear to live in a fantasy world where the United states is invulnerable to successful rebellion or secession

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

You actually think Putin would start a nuclear war over some crazy Texans? Your arguments are not even delusional anymore, that would be giving them too much credit.
Economic Left/Right: -7
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.9
I am a far-left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 9.13
Libertarian: 2.62
Non-interventionalist: 7.34
Cultural liberal: 9.12
I am a Trotskyist.
Cosmopolitan: 71%
Secular: 80%
Visionary: 62%
Anarchistic: 43%
Communistic: 78%
Pacifist: 40%
Anthropocentric: 50%

Legalize Tyranny, Impeach the Twenty-second Amendment, Term Limits are Theft, Barack Obama 2016!
HOI4

User avatar
Pan-America under the United States
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 385
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-America under the United States » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Imperializt Russia wrote:
American Imperial Union wrote:Because the United states will not risk invading Texas if it has nukes rendering the use of them unnecessary.

They absolutely will "risk" that because errant nuclear devices in the hands of violent secessionists is a near and evident threat to the US that must be dealt with.

This.

And AIU even if they did use the Nukes, it would totally not create a huge cloud of fallout that would blanket all of the US, Mexico, and Canada and cause irreversible damage to the already fragile ecosystem that we currently have. (Assuming that you're talking about nuking the entire US.)

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 28102
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
19th Century Iron Steamship

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:12 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:
North Arkana wrote:We've already thoroughly dismantled AIU's (lack of) logic and arguments, like those nukes are in Texas. He just keeps bringing them back up cus he needs to keep this thread alive to try to find fellow rebels to join his holy crusade.


I disagree. I'm not the only one arguing for its possibility.

The only ones lacking argument or logic are those dismissing the talk as impossible or simply dismissing their opponents as traitors. You think the United states would risk war with a nuclear power like Russia, over the supplying of rebels?

It seems some appear to live in a fantasy world where the United states is invulnerable to successful rebellion or secession


Oh, I forgot, Yankees are too wussy to fight. :roll:

They said that in 1860.

The fact is Yankees don't LIKE to fight. We'd rather stay home and chow down on our chowder and stuff. But that doesn't mean we CAN'T fight.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
NationStates issues editors may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

User avatar
The United States of North Amerigo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 626
Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Someone start an RP, I wanna be the U.S. Airforce in it.
Amerigo.
Wouldn't mind a telegram. Forgive me for all the stupid shit I say
____________________________
http://wiki.greaterixnay.com/wiki/Unite ... th_Amerigo

User avatar
Pan-America under the United States
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 385
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-America under the United States » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:15 pm

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Someone start an RP, I wanna be the U.S. Airforce in it.

I want to be the nukes. I've always wanted to be a Nuclear Warhead tbh.

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 28102
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
19th Century Iron Steamship

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:15 pm

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Someone start an RP, I wanna be the U.S. Airforce in it.


I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
NationStates issues editors may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

User avatar
Internationalist Bastard
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24345
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Internationalist Bastard » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:15 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
American Imperial Union wrote:
I disagree. I'm not the only one arguing for its possibility.

The only ones lacking argument or logic are those dismissing the talk as impossible or simply dismissing their opponents as traitors. You think the United states would risk war with a nuclear power like Russia, over the supplying of rebels?

It seems some appear to live in a fantasy world where the United states is invulnerable to successful rebellion or secession


Oh, I forgot, Yankees are too wussy to fight. :roll:

They said that in 1860.

The fact is Yankees don't LIKE to fight. We'd rather stay home and chow down on our chowder and stuff. But that doesn't mean we CAN'T fight.

I'm kinda in the awkward space between Yankee and Dixie, but it's true. I think Northerners in general are more diplomatic, but they still fight.
Call me Alex, I insist
I am a girl, damnit
Slut Pride. So like, real talk, I’m a porn actress. We’re not all bimbos. I do not give out my information or videos to avoid conflict with site policy. I’m happy to talk about the industry or my thoughts on the career but I will not be showing you any goodies. Sorry
“Whatever you are, be a good one” Abe Lincoln

User avatar
European Socialist Republic
Senator
 
Posts: 4844
Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby European Socialist Republic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:15 pm

Pan-America under the United States wrote:
The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Someone start an RP, I wanna be the U.S. Airforce in it.

I want to be the nukes. I've always wanted to be a Nuclear Warhead tbh.

What's so fun about just sitting in the same base 24/7?
Economic Left/Right: -7
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.9
I am a far-left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 9.13
Libertarian: 2.62
Non-interventionalist: 7.34
Cultural liberal: 9.12
I am a Trotskyist.
Cosmopolitan: 71%
Secular: 80%
Visionary: 62%
Anarchistic: 43%
Communistic: 78%
Pacifist: 40%
Anthropocentric: 50%

Legalize Tyranny, Impeach the Twenty-second Amendment, Term Limits are Theft, Barack Obama 2016!
HOI4

User avatar
Pan-America under the United States
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 385
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-America under the United States » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:17 pm

European Socialist Republic wrote:
Pan-America under the United States wrote:I want to be the nukes. I've always wanted to be a Nuclear Warhead tbh.

What's so fun about just sitting in the same base 24/7?

I don't have to go to school, worry about issues or anything. I could just sit in a base, do nothing, and think nothing.

User avatar
Mefpan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5872
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mefpan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:17 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Someone start an RP, I wanna be the U.S. Airforce in it.


I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

Can't be. If this was an RP we'd wait on calling someone out for godmodding until after the nukes were thrown about and two dozen dwarf states popped out of fucking nowhere to send three billion soldiers each to aid both sides at once.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you want to play a game of chess?
NationStates' umpteenth dirty ex-leftist class traitor.
I left the Left when it turned Right. Now I'm going back to the Right because it's all that's Left.
Yeah, Screw Realism!
Loyal Planet of Mankind

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 28102
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
19th Century Iron Steamship

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Mefpan wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

Can't be. If this was an RP we'd wait on calling someone out for godmodding until after the nukes were thrown about and two dozen dwarf states popped out of fucking nowhere to send three billion soldiers each to aid both sides at once.


Point taken.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
NationStates issues editors may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 133411
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Mefpan wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

Can't be. If this was an RP we'd wait on calling someone out for godmodding until after the nukes were thrown about and two dozen dwarf states popped out of fucking nowhere to send three billion soldiers each to aid both sides at once.

I don my robe and wizard hat.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54825
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Pan-America under the United States wrote:
The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Someone start an RP, I wanna be the U.S. Airforce in it.

I want to be the nukes. I've always wanted to be a Nuclear Warhead tbh.

Image
FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Salus Maior
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15595
Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Mefpan wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

Can't be. If this was an RP we'd wait on calling someone out for godmodding until after the nukes were thrown about and two dozen dwarf states popped out of fucking nowhere to send three billion soldiers each to aid both sides at once.


The Empire of Salus Maior sends 10 Star Destroyers to aid the Yankees. :P
Traditionalist Catholic and Constitutional Monarchist.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. -1 Timothy 1:15

“My entire endeavor has always been to clearly recognize the Will of God in all things and to follow it as completely as possible.” -Blessed Charles of Austria, last Habsburg Emperor

User avatar
The Predator Federation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 875
Founded: Apr 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Predator Federation » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 pm

mfw the op is serious about threatening the U.S. military with its own nukes and thinks we wont intervene to get them back
TG Me, I love telegrams #GamerGate
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

User avatar
European Socialist Republic
Senator
 
Posts: 4844
Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby European Socialist Republic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:22 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Someone start an RP, I wanna be the U.S. Airforce in it.


I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

Then I'll play the socialist revolutionaries in Texas! We are fighting against the secessionist government.
Last edited by European Socialist Republic on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -7
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.9
I am a far-left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 9.13
Libertarian: 2.62
Non-interventionalist: 7.34
Cultural liberal: 9.12
I am a Trotskyist.
Cosmopolitan: 71%
Secular: 80%
Visionary: 62%
Anarchistic: 43%
Communistic: 78%
Pacifist: 40%
Anthropocentric: 50%

Legalize Tyranny, Impeach the Twenty-second Amendment, Term Limits are Theft, Barack Obama 2016!
HOI4

User avatar
Pan-America under the United States
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 385
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-America under the United States » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:23 pm

European Socialist Republic wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

Then I'll play the socialist revolutionaries in Texas!

Better yet, pretend to be a modern day Napoleon who uses tanks and shit to kill texans and americans alike.

User avatar
The Predator Federation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 875
Founded: Apr 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Predator Federation » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Does this seem like something out of a bad technothriller
TG Me, I love telegrams #GamerGate
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

User avatar
New England and Virginia
Attaché
 
Posts: 96
Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and Virginia » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Look.

If you had...

mom's spaghetti.
I'm voting for the Donald. Are you?
American nationalist. College student. 18. Finance major. Social drinker.

User avatar
European Socialist Republic
Senator
 
Posts: 4844
Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby European Socialist Republic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Pan-America under the United States wrote:
European Socialist Republic wrote:Then I'll play the socialist revolutionaries in Texas!

Better yet, pretend to be a modern day Napoleon who uses tanks and shit to kill texans and americans alike.

Europe uses the civil war as an excuse to invade and to defeat the hamburger once and for all. 8)
Last edited by European Socialist Republic on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -7
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.9
I am a far-left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 9.13
Libertarian: 2.62
Non-interventionalist: 7.34
Cultural liberal: 9.12
I am a Trotskyist.
Cosmopolitan: 71%
Secular: 80%
Visionary: 62%
Anarchistic: 43%
Communistic: 78%
Pacifist: 40%
Anthropocentric: 50%

Legalize Tyranny, Impeach the Twenty-second Amendment, Term Limits are Theft, Barack Obama 2016!
HOI4

User avatar
The United States of North Amerigo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 626
Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Though if me and the AIU were in an RP I could actually convince him what the airforce could do to his precious nukes.
Amerigo.
Wouldn't mind a telegram. Forgive me for all the stupid shit I say
____________________________
http://wiki.greaterixnay.com/wiki/Unite ... th_Amerigo

User avatar
Geilinor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41328
Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:31 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:
North Arkana wrote:We've already thoroughly dismantled AIU's (lack of) logic and arguments, like those nukes are in Texas. He just keeps bringing them back up cus he needs to keep this thread alive to try to find fellow rebels to join his holy crusade.


I disagree. I'm not the only one arguing for its possibility.

The only ones lacking argument or logic are those dismissing the talk as impossible or simply dismissing their opponents as traitors. You think the United states would risk war with a nuclear power like Russia, over the supplying of rebels?

It seems some appear to live in a fantasy world where the United states is invulnerable to successful rebellion or secession

It's possible but what would the average Texan get by rebelling?
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cekoviu, Estanglia, Evil Dictators Happyland, Fartsniffage, Genivaria, Google [Bot], Gormwood, Greater Arab State, Linux and the X, Mettaton-EX, Miami Shores, Molonia, MSN [Bot], Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar, Nakena, New Sense, The Blaatschapen, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, The Holy Sun, The Lone Alliance, Uiiop, Vassenor, Xuloqoia, Zrhajan, ZUN

Advertisement

Remove ads