NATION

PASSWORD

Best place for Libertarian colonization?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stellonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stellonia » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:35 am

Are you people forgetting the topic of this discussion?

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 am

Jute wrote:
Haktiva wrote:Galt's Gulch
It's not a place that exists on this planet, though.

Wrong. :p
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:08 am

Gauthier wrote:
Jute wrote:It's not a place that exists on this planet, though.

I know that. I also know how it failed miserably.
At least they didn't ban the word "give" like the town in the novel...
Last edited by Jute on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:43 am

Jute wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

I know that. I also know how it failed miserably.
At least they didn't ban the word "give" like the town in the novel...

Very wise, for they're going to need it to formally state that they're going to have to give up their unrealistic dreams.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:30 am

Jute wrote:
BK117B2 wrote:
Secularism, capitalist economics, no foreign interventionism

That's standard right-wing libertarianism. There's nothing centrist about it. If you want to call something centrist libertarianism, it should be Mutualism

Mutualist here. Not really a "centrist". More of an anti-authoritarian, individualist, radical leftist.
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

American National Union
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby American National Union » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:23 pm

The Free State Project has actually had some success on the micro level.

But literally any small state in the US would be easy. It just requires the initial effort of getting libertarians off their computers and to go outside.

Yorkvale
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkvale » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 pm

The Sun
"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people." - the wisest man that ever lived.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:36 pm

The New Sea Territory wrote:
Jute wrote:That's standard right-wing libertarianism. There's nothing centrist about it. If you want to call something centrist libertarianism, it should be Mutualism

Mutualist here. Not really a "centrist". More of an anti-authoritarian, individualist, radical leftist.

Eh, alright, I thought the "individualist" part made it something in between capitalism and communism, but I guess that wasn't really accurate. Still, capitalism as it exists today is by no means "centrist libertarian".
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Yorkvale
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkvale » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Jute wrote:
The New Sea Territory wrote:

Eh, alright, I thought the "individualist" part made it something in between capitalism and communism, but I guess that wasn't really accurate. Still, capitalism as it exists today is by no means "centrist libertarian".

what do you think capitalism today is?
"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people." - the wisest man that ever lived.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General